[Official] ♥ Lee Joon Gi x IU ♥ || JoonU [2016 SBS Best Couple & Hallyu Star Awards!!]

Admin

8 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahahah looks almost like she can unbutton his shirt too :D but of course it is a grab :D

Hehehe. IU's good at teasing So2/JoonU shippers unintentionally. :lol:

7 minutes ago, kilovekyo said:

I love to hear any comparison like that from Joon Gi fans so i can know about him, especially how his chemistry with IU compare to his previous co stars ^^ do you know how many siblings Joon Gi has? Is it true he's the older one and has sister? 

I became a Joon Gi fan back when he did Two Weeks in 2013. I caught up with him by watching quite a few of his other dramas after that and, honestly speaking, I think his chemistry with IU is the best.

I don't ship drama characters often. I normally just enjoy the show, then move on shortly after it ends. I might binge watch scenes on repeat to deal with drama withdrawal from it ending, but that's usually it. I ship actors in RL together even less than that. In my 12+ years of drama watching, I've only shipped four actors IRL before and JoonU is one of them. (If you're curious, the other three are JoU [Jo Jung Suk x IU], ChangMin [Ji Chang Wook x Park Min Young], and DuPi [T-celebs: Baron Chen x Megan Lai]) So, I think that's, to me, an accurate portrayal of his chemistry with IU. Haha.

And yes, Joon Gi only has one younger sister. ^^

• Like 21

Borrowing a gif that uri @MoOnLoVeRz previously posted:

tumblr_oearlbm4TD1s1v3ubo2_r1_400.gif

The makeup scene is one of my favorites. It was extremely intimate and I thought, very sexy in that their closeness generated such a charged/loaded scene that's so very full of FEELs galore.

Have any of you ever experienced a similar situation (not a makeup one, of course, but when you're literally that close to someone you're attracted to)? I did once several years ago. The one thing I remember distinctly is that there was a split second when I felt what I can only describe as an electric connection and my heart felt like it just momentarily stopped beating and my eyes widened just a tiny bit in reaction. More than likely I'm just too into all the FEELs of this moment, but I think it actually might have happened in this scene. Watch when Haesoo's eyes meet Wangso's and she looks like she really looks into his eyes, but immediately after, her eyes quickly widen just a fraction...and then the GIF starts over again.

LOL.  It's just me, right???? :lol:  LOL...okay. Maybe I have been watching their scenes too much. :P

• Like 18

1 hour ago, meahri_1 said:

Borrowing a gif that uri @MoOnLoVeRz previously posted:

The makeup scene is one of my favorites. It was extremely intimate and I thought, very sexy in that their closeness generated such a charged/loaded scene that's so very full of FEELs galore.

Have any of you ever experienced a similar situation (not a makeup one, of course, but when you're literally that close to someone you're attracted to)? I did once several years ago. The one thing I remember distinctly is that there was a split second when I felt what I can only describe as an electric connection and my heart felt like it just momentarily stopped beating and my eyes widened just a tiny bit in reaction. More than likely I'm just too into all the FEELs of this moment, but I think it actually might have happened in this scene. Watch when Haesoo's eyes meet Wangso's and she looks like she really looks into his eyes, but immediately after, her eyes quickly widen just a fraction...and then the GIF starts over again.

LOL.  It's just me, right???? :lol:  LOL...okay. Maybe I have been watching their scenes too much. :P

Me too, me too, I love the make up scene the most out of So-Soo interactions. No excessive touching, but still feels sensual and intimate, like a private moment. When I watched it, I felt like I shouldn't peep on them...but I still want to sneak a peek behind my hands, ahahaha...

Naaaah it's not just you, I once feel like that too when my crush was behind me and whispering something to my ear since we're in the library. The thing is, that person was too close, I was startled and accidentally messed up the bookshelf in front of me a little. Same as you, my eyes involuntarily widened, I felt my heart stopped for a while, but then it started to beat so fast with goosebumps crept all over my body and all of my face was getting hot. I didn't know if I turned red though...I stormed out before he could say anything more since I was really embarrassed, ahahaha...

• Like 20

3 hours ago, angelangie said:

if the sister has his eyes heheheh she is a killer :D 

And IU only has one younger brother! Aww...

One younger sister, One younger brother <3

if her brother has her beautiful voice too... :D

• Like 12

4 hours ago, kilovekyo said:

kkk...deep inside his heart he mean it, i think any boy take a joke like that to a girl hm..usually he has some attraction to that girl ^^ why the camera only shot IU, i want to see how Joon Gi eyes give attention to IU while the hair-dresser doing their job, it seems he focus and stare to IU. 

I love to hear any comparison like that from Joon Gi fans so i can know about him, especially how his chemistry with IU compare to his previous co stars ^^ do you know how many siblings Joon Gi has? Is it true he's the older one and has sister? 

Last year we had this ship for LJG & LYB IRL, they were so cute together. I love them both and with the others we had wished they would be couple IRL. :)  Like this time, international fans loved the chemistry between LJG & LYB, meanwhile Knetz hated LYB and put so many bad comments on her. IU is more experience and can handle the hatred well. She has several scandals before, while LYB was just a new actress. It was too 'big' for her to handle being co-star with LJG. 

I share the thread here, if you guys want to check it out. 

Spoiler

with NSM in TBDW & Joseon Gunman, both admitted they were like brother-sister relationship (actually he was rumoured dating with JHB, the 2nd leading lady). With PHS in Two Weeks, he called her noona, again, treated her like sister. With SMA in Arang, she thought he's on drugs "oppa are you ok?" hahaha (because he was all dancing around, while she was a serious person, he couldn't dare to ask her phone number). 

So, I think only with LYB & IU he's all happy touchy kinda guy :) and we can all be happy shipping them for fun :) 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, qwenli said:

actually I dun know whats the fuss about LJG's age.

I think anything within 10 years plus or minus is perfectly fine for a relationship because individual personality defers. LJG is actually a big boy at heart. His actions are not typical of guys his age. IU on the other hand seems way mature over her years. I see how she behaved at the press conference and she looks like a true blue veteran.:)

Men are like red wine. They need to age a bit to taste nice. IU knows that.

• Like 16

OMO, where was I when this thread was created? Thank you captain @akinahana89 for starting this thread, count me on board!

Though, IU does have a boyfriend in real life and who knows maybe LJG too is involved this feels like fighting reality, LOL, but they make it so hard not to ship them, I am glad now we have a place to share our shipping tendencies about LJG and IU because I also think they have amazing chemistry on and off screen. I ship very rarely, happened to me twice, one ship sunk, one is still not public but seems solid so when I started having these shipping thoughts about these two I was in denial for obvious reasons and thinking it was more because of drama related effect but I am glad someone took the courage to start this so we can share how good they look together and how much we love to see their interactions, no matter the outcome from it, it's still nice to know they are good friends.

I love how goofy and comfortable they seem with each other, I like the fact that although LJG seems a very high energetic, funny guy IU seems to indulge him and joke around with him, because as far as I noticed she is more introverted and quite, she is very much immersed in her work so she comes around as more aloof but with LJG around she seems to smile quite a lot and keeps up with his jokes and high energy. 

I won't be hoping too much but I am very much on board with this ship, love them together!

• Like 20

3 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

The make up scene is one of my favorites for sure. I agree that it felt so charged, like electric currents were just swirling and circling around the two of them. Hehehe. I wonder what they were thinking at the time and how fast their hearts were beating. After all, chemistry aside, IU is a beautiful woman and LJG is a handsome man. Hehehe.

Since we're sharing now, I, too, had a similar experience with one of my now ex-boyfriend. lol. I wear glasses on a daily basis. I've never worn contacts before and I've had glasses since the third grade. Two months or so into our relationship, he suddenly asked if he could take off my glasses since he wanted to see my face without it. He was curious to see how different I would look.

For anyone else who wears glasses as much as I do, you can probably relate when I say that taking off your glasses in front of someone for the first time feels very intimate and personal. It's like being naked, but for your face. LOL.

Anyway, so we were alone, my back was to a wall, and we were standing closely face to face; a mere few inches away. I moved to take off my glasses, but he stopped me and said HE wanted to do it. So I just stood there and, very slowly, he took it off while his gaze just kept flickering back and forth between my eyes and the other areas of my face. Then we just kind of stared at each other in silence for a few minutes. Well, he stared and I tried hard not to squint because I couldn't really see. HAHA. And then he whispered one word in awe: Wow... LOL

I can still remember the way my heart had been beating during that time. ^^;

24 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

So you want to ship IU's brother and LJK's sister?:confounded::grin:

Let's NOT! Haha. Then there would be absolutely 110% NO chance in the future for JoonU. LOL.

26 minutes ago, MrKobegiant said:

Oh yes! I, myself, like older men. More mature, responsible, and handsome, yet they still retain that goofy, sometimes childish side to them too. And I know IU likes older men too. :P Haha.

• Like 19

2 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

Last year we had this ship for LJG & LYB IRL, they were so cute together. I love them both and with the others we had wished they would be couple IRL. :)  Like this time, international fans loved the chemistry between LJG & LYB, meanwhile Knetz hated LYB and put so many bad comments on her. IU is more experience and can handle the hatred well. She has several scandals before, while LYB was just a new actress. It was too 'big' for her to handle being co-star with LJG. 

I share the thread here, if you guys want to check it out. 

Reveal hidden contents

with NSM in TBDW & Joseon Gunman, both admitted they were like brother-sister relationship (actually he was rumoured dating with JHB, the 2nd leading lady). With PHS in Two Weeks, he called her noona, again, treated her like sister. With SMA in Arang, she thought he's on drugs "oppa are you ok?" hahaha (because he was all dancing around, while she was a serious person, he couldn't dare to ask her phone number). 

So, I think only with LYB & IU he's all happy touchy kinda guy :) and we can all be happy shipping them for fun :) 

LJK would have LJE's number I'd imagine. The moonlovers' cast has a chat group. 

The mystery of LJE. Guys are fascinated by her. She's not the prettiest nor the sexiest but there's something about her. I mean, look at KHN.He's a goner when it comes to her. With LJK, it's not the cute interactions that got me. It's the way they executed the difficult scenes together. The scene when HS covered WS's scar and the prison scene. The subtlety of eye contact at close range. They nailed it. The time he invested in brushing up her technique and how receptive she is to his criticism. They have a great partnership(and hopefully friendship)

• Like 22

7 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

This part sizzles every time! We're going to start a fire in here! LOL. The open shirt grab, the slight chest thrust, the feminine arch of the shoulder, the intensity in the face. Wheeew! :w00t:

You know, people are generally more attracted to others who can surprise them in a good way. I daresay that Joon Gi was very pleasantly startled with IU here. It's adorable and I love it. Haha. It's a two way street, Joon Gi-oppa! You can't do all the surprising!

This! I love how you describe their actions. You can be a psychologist on the side if it's not your profession. Granted that their chemistry is undeniable, i believe one must have a feeling however how small towards the other to be able to really execute such action so well. They are actors and they're good at acting but to me you can't fake chemistry whether onscreen or what because it shows and the people around or the viewers can feel it if it's really genuine or what. :)

5 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

3 hours ago, shiraru said:

Me too, me too, I love the make up scene the most out of So-Soo interactions. No excessive touching, but still feels sensual and intimate, like a private moment. When I watched it, I felt like I shouldn't peep on them...but I still want to sneak a peek behind my hands, ahahaha...

@meahri_1 @shiraru

dearies, I believe that to be so comfortable with someone means you have to be at least have a feeling towards that person. That feeling may vary from plain admiration to ultra complex thing we called love. :)

3 hours ago, Mona Ys said:

Hide contents

He didn't click with his previous co stars because it's not meant to be. LJG and IU are just being themselves yet they have this 'thing', that x factor in a relationship. :)

1 hour ago, MrKobegiant said:

I couldn't agree more. I don't remember if it's here where i posted this but LJG is not getting older, he is getting better. IU is young but mature so i am really sure she will be able to handle LJG. :)

1 hour ago, larinalove said:

LJG seems a very high energetic, funny guy IU seems to indulge him and joke around with him, because as far as I noticed she is more introverted and quite, she is very much immersed in her work so she comes around as more aloof but with LJG around she seems to smile quite a lot and keeps up with his jokes and high energy. 

Opposite attracts. That's why i really think that they complement each other. :)

1 hour ago, akinahana89 said:

The make up scene is one of my favorites for sure. I agree that it felt so charged, like electric currents were just swirling and circling around the two of them. Hehehe. I wonder what they were thinking at the time and how fast their hearts were beating. After all, chemistry aside, IU is a beautiful woman and LJG is a handsome man. Hehehe.

Yes. Regardless if their chemistry is undeniable, the rapport that they have is very evident. It's very obvious. :)

• Like 19

1 hour ago, MrKobegiant said:

The mystery of LJE. Guys are fascinated by her. She's not the prettiest nor the sexiest but there's something about her. I mean, look at KHN.He's a goner when it comes to her. With LJK, it's not the cute interactions that got me. It's the way they executed the difficult scenes together. The scene when HS covered WS's scar and the prison scene. The subtlety of eye contact at close range. 

She really is fascinating. She has this mysterious vibe. I am a woman and i can tell she has it and i can only imagine from a guy's perspective. She is a gem. :)

• Like 19

2 hours ago, chi13lou said:

So you want to ship IU's brother and LJK's sister?:confounded::grin:

Hahaha anyaaaaa ~ XD

2 hours ago, MrKobegiant said:

You said man and wine? ;)

• Like 19

32 minutes ago, chelseab said:

I really like how oppa help jieunie to answer this question, at first she kind of not sure who to choose among the princes then oppa jokingly answer for her. She laugh and tap his arm a little before choosing him. I can feel the sense of security provided by oppa, as if he want to tell her 'you can choose who you want, jieun~ah. Don't worry, I have your back.' :D 

The way Kang Ha Neul react when it's not him tho LMAO

It's like So - Soo - Wook All over again :D

• Like 16

42 minutes ago, edensor said:

The way Kang Ha Neul react when it's not him tho LMAO

It's like So - Soo - Wook All over again :D

The way wook brushing his perfectly fine pants. LOL.

Please wook don't do that to her again. It would put pressure on her and made her feel bad for not choosing you :P

20161002_070535.jpg

Both with their pet dogs. 

• Like 20

1 hour ago, freckledbelle said:

This! I love how you describe their actions. You can be a psychologist on the side if it's not your profession. Granted that their chemistry is undeniable, i believe one must have a feeling however how small towards the other to be able to really execute such action so well. They are actors and they're good at acting but to me you can't fake chemistry whether onscreen or what because it shows and the people around or the viewers can feel it if it's really genuine or what. :)

Thank you! The only reason I ended up not choosing a psychology major in college was because my psychology professor scared me with horror stories about it. (18+ years of college and dissertations several hundred pages long. :blink:) Now, I'm just a writer. ^^ And one of my hobbies on Soompi is dissecting and analyzing details pertaining to my ships, such as So2! lol.

You are absolutely right though. Chemistry can't be faked, whether on or off screen! Both people can be the best in the industry, but can fall flat when placed together. For me, JoonU's chemistry is genuine and real and totally sizzling. Hehe :D

• Like 16

1 hour ago, chelseab said:

I can feel the sense of security provided by oppa, as if he want to tell her 'you can choose who you want, jieun~ah. Don't worry, I have your back.'

Whoaah... thank you @chelseab for point this :w00t:

I totally agree with you.. 
She always too caution when answer questions like this (maybe because she afraid to make another news/ scandals), the same with finger talk by cosmopolitant.

Aren't they so SoSoo guys?? So/JG understand what Soo/IU feel without she tell him and he save her by his act... 
Ah my heart~~~  :wub:

• Like 17