[Drama 2017] The King Loves 왕은 사랑한다

Go Seung Ji

21 hours ago, louisawatson said:

i'm upset that they don't advertise San-Rin loveline. it makes me afraid that the drama changed the storyline into typical love triangle romance.

i understand that Won and San are 1st leads, but since the drama only advertise Won-San loveline, k-netizens already mostly ship Won-San and hardly anyone ships Rin-San.

if they're going for an interesting love triangle (not even indicating which one San loves in relationship chart), then they should actually advertise both lovelines, so viewers can have fun guessing which one San will end up with and enjoy watching both lovelines.

i really hope the writers didn't change Rin into a typical 2nd lead :expressionless: i mean the writers said they changed a lot from original, but i hope they didn't change the bones of the original. 

anyway, i have never been so eager for Monday to come! :grin: first episode will be cute little young actors in spotlight 

Even I felt same. Now they are creating a great hype for Won San ship even though real pair are Rin and San. I know the story is around Won still San's un-wavered feelings for Rin until end are also unavoidable fact of the story. Many viewers who don't know the story will feel fooled when the drama enter into real plot. So I Hope they will also promote Rin-San ship in future. Also I hope they will give enough character development for each character (mainly our trio) so that they can have their own charm. Actually Rin and San look soooo good in BTS.:wub:

credit: @fabyoong

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

I m dying  after watching  posters why in all dramas 2nd lead is so perfect amazing and make me suffer from second lead syndrome I want happiness for 2nd lead

Don't worry. if drama follows the exact novel, happiness is sure this time :D

6 hours ago, jongski said:

we can expect bromance, friendship, sibling rivalry. Who ends with who though. Hah. I know you have the second lead syndrome :D

yes, i have second lead syndrome. :wub: i hope the loveline ends up like it did in original. 

Spoiler

it's so refreshing for second lead to ends up with first lead!

anyway, i hope the writers make all the characters very interesting. 

8 hours ago, cherryblossomzz said:

Even I felt same. Now they are creating a great hype for Won San ship even though real pair are Rin and San. I know the story is around Won still San's un-wavered feelings for Rin until end are also unavoidable fact of the story. Many viewers who don't know the story will feel fooled when the drama enter into real plot. So I Hope they will also promote Rin-San ship in future. Also I hope they will give enough character development for each character (mainly our trio) so that they can have their own charm. Actually Rin and San look soooo good in BTS.:wub:

that's what i am worried about. some people could feel fooled by the drama. but i'm more worried that the writers changed the plot so that San has more "loveline" with Won in the drama. there are already many Won/San scenes in the teasers that could be interpreted as romantic. in the teaser, Won is keep calling San as his lover. unless Won is being delusional, it makes me think that San will first fall for Won, then maybe later break up with Won to be with Rin, which is different from the original. but i guess, if it's done right, it could be great in its own right. unless, i have mistakenly heard 여인 as 연인, then Won was saying a woman, not a lover. 

Spoiler

i'm worried that in the drama version, San and Rin won't end up together like in the original. :bawling:

and yes, i hope writers give us excellent character developments whether it be positive or negative.

omg, thank you for the lovely bts clips! San and Rin look good together~

11 hours ago, louisawatson said:

yes, i have second lead syndrome. :wub: i hope the loveline ends up like it did in original. 

What happen to first lead in original if he didn't end up with her

14 hours ago, cherryblossomzz said:

You are correct . There is plenty of Won San scenes in teaser. But I don't felt( may be only me) any feeling from San's side in all San Won encounters. Even in  the hug from last part of teaser, it was Won who initiated hug even though San run towards him.  Also there was one naver article where they mentioned Won will turn obessive later like in novel. There is also chances of twist which you said ( San falling first for Won then breaking with him for Rin). Even that happens, I don't think they change ending. Because in teaser I heard Won saying it's story of me loving you more than me. I think it symbolises Won sacrificing his love for sake of San.There is also chance of open ending. Anyway I too wish they follow original novel in many aspects including character and plot development. Because original novel is so beautiful. I don't want writer to ruin it for fan service.

i hope you're right. i hope they follow many aspects of original novel. though i'm pretty sure the drama will lessen Won's negative development, so that it won't be rated R lol

15 hours ago, jongski said:

he he maybe the otp is won and rin :tongue:  but no worries no bl thing here. :D

i wouldn't mind Won/Rin loveline happening :wub: anyway, i am excited for their friendship love too in the drama! i hope it is as deep as in the original where Won was very jealous of both San and Rin because San was loved by Rin and Rin was loved by San. metaphorically, Won couldn't bear the fact that San and Rin are looking at each other when they both should look at him. 

17 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

What happen to first lead in original if he didn't end up with her

Spoiler

he ends up like he does in history. the original mostly follows the historical facts, especially regarding Wang Won since he's a historical figure. *SPOILER* he's not going to get killed if that's what you're worried about.

I'm excited for this.  I'm watching this because I'm intrigue by the story but also  If you seen all of my post they're mostly about my favorite child actors Nam Da Reum and  Yoon Chan Young. Both almost same age about 14/15 yrs old. They're teens now. They both won best child actor with their respective dramas before. They always play the young counter part of leads. They are the  future stars of kdrama and movies. If you haven't seen these boy.. you're missing out on impressive acting skills.. NDR has 6FD  and a lot of other  dramas whilst  Yoon Chan Young in RDTK and a lot of other dramas too. Not familiar with Lee Seo Yeon but .. we'll see good acting too. These young stars... hope we them have a lead role in  couple of more years. Maybe school 2018? I'll be waiting for that!

We'll probably see them in maybe beginning 3 5 episodes of this drama. I like that others posting about the main adult cast here I am impressed by these future stars. RT and pics below credit to owners.

C7o4jpDVYAA2vsU.jpg

Hi chingu deul :lol:

I'm so happy that tomorrow is Monday and The King Loves is going to start showing! Hope TKL will get good ratings. Been waiting for months and months, finally TKL is here. I'm so excited.

Calling my chingu who's gonna watch the drama and spazz in here....

@vangsweetie637 @Grey_Lady @riiko1988 @YourHighness . @summer2816 @LoVeCartier @Nerise @gimely @goddessyoona @meh2222 @sakura22 @firefi @ashvaugn @minhye1822 @michiusa @leery @guiya @toomanymay @booo28 @dianm @iyiy @Sadeva23 @Giann_Kim @sutcliff @Lee Hưng Jr @jeonghyang @ohoheli @andy78

I am here, cougar @alekaonu:D tomorrow will be the first episode! Time to spazz with old and new chingus again!

Also, this drama is based on a novel. I haven't read the novel at all. But from my experiences, novels made into films are way different. Baaed on teasers, can some of you enlighten me on what you guys see differently? Just so I have an idea on a comparison note :wink:

12 hours ago, saanjh sena said:

17 July 2017- the king loves ,school 2017 ,bride of water god.......love monday

19 july 2017- Reunited worlds (wednesday)

26 July2017-Criminal minds  (Wednesday )

I'm waiting for Reunited Worlds too.

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I am here, cougar @alekaonu:D tomorrow will be the first episode! Time to spazz with old and new chingus again!

Also, this drama is based on a novel. I haven't read the novel at all. But from my experiences, novels made into films are way different. Baaed on teasers, can some of you enlighten me on what you guys see differently? Just so I have an idea on a comparison note :wink:

Hi my dear kraken :wub: yup the drama is from a novel but the scriptwriter has changed the plot, I think so. Looking at all the pictures of Yoona and Siwan, they will be the ultimate OTP unless there's a twist later.

Hello chingus!!

18 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

I'm waiting for Reunited Worlds too.

Hi my dear kraken :wub: yup the drama is from a novel but the scriptwriter has changed the plot, I think so. Looking at all the pictures of Yoona and Siwan, they will be the ultimate OTP unless there's a twist later.

Cougar!! *hugs* it is near our time to spazz again. Woo-hoo!! Aw i see. So it originally was the second lead pair with main lead so RinSan? Hmmm..now I will have to see how the writer changed the plot. Since if is Song Ji Na (Faith) then it will be good :)

@jongski correct me if I am wrong but why does the younger actor who plays child Won remind me of the one who played child counter of LMH from Legend of the Blue Sea? :blink: he looks so familiar to me.

Hiiii chingus! Finally today is the day. Our wait is over. I am also excited for child actors  . They look promising :). I know many ship Won San as well. It's true that yoona and Siwan has undeniable chemistry judging from teasers and BTS. About my teaser judgement earlier, it's true that I judgement teaser with my knowledge about novel. but I too felt they changed many events and things. Anyway they can't waste chemistry of Won and San. Also about promotion! Even though real OTP is Rin San, I don't find any fault or confusion when channel is promoting Won San at  great hype. After all it's the story about Won, his love  torn between friendship. So my RinSan shippers chingus don't worry about ending and enjoy story for now. Found another cute BTS.:wub:

Credit: candleyoongie

Archived