[Drama 2017] The King Loves 왕은 사랑한다

Go Seung Ji

For other people, I don’t know what success of a drama is, For me, this drama is successful, all the actors are successful in portraying their characters, which imprint in my heart for a long time. For the first time, in a drama, the lead female belongs to the second lead. It breaks the prejudice that the female lead must belong to male lead. And the actors have great team work than ever. I love that teamwork spirit.

To Wang Won,

I am sorry for not paying much attention for you from the beginning. Because I am usually impressed by the quiet person as Rin, who always stay behind you, even you are the CP. Therefore, maybe, there will be something I misunderstand about you or even wrong.

You are a bright, decisive and straight forward person. You fell in love with that girl and did everything to keep her by your side. You just thought of your feeling; just want to have her in any way. You did not look into her eyes and tried to find out her feeling. And your friend, you call Rin your friend, you always tried to prevent him from being near San. Did you afraid of something? Did you care his feeling? Or you just wanted him to obey every order from you? There are so many things that I hate about you for preventing Rin’s love.

Gradually, you learn how to love. You are CP but you don’t want to be a king. This position just brings sadness to people around you. Your father, your mother are not happy because of that crown. He learnt to hide yourself to be safe and happy. However, it does not go the way you wanted. Everyone is hurt, San, Rin, Dan are hurt. And you learnt you must be strong enough to protect them. You have experienced so many feeling to grow up and be mature. And you have to sacrifice yourself in some ways after realizing how much your friends sacrificed for you.

giphy.gif&key=5e264c0208f1f806eaee17fca4

And then, you have learnt to let go. Loving is giving. I love the way you step back to let them enjoy their moment together and smile sweetly. Everyone knows how much you love them.

ezgif-4-cf215ebf9f.gif&key=eb0a57ff60ebd

I love the way you let them go as free birds. And now you know what is love.

Seeing people around you happy makes you happy - not anyone can do. You are deserved to be a great king to care for your people in your kingdom.

The way you standing alone under the tree, the feeling of lonely hurt me so much.

To Im Si Wan,

Thank you for act as Wang Won with so many feeling in one’s life. I don’t know much about you. This is the first work of you I have watched.

HJH said that thank for your first move that he could feel comfortable working with you. You invited him to your place and chat and play together. HJH is a shy guy, he needs time to get along and open to other people. And it is strange to become close even before filming. Thanks for your first move that HJH can work efficiently and portray such a successful Wang Rin. Thanks for your effective teamwork with other actors.

To Eun San,

Your feeling is explicit, but your expression made other confused. In the beginning, you considered Won and Rin as your friends. You know Won had feeling for you but you could not refuse because you didn’t want to hurt him. It was your fault for not let him know your feeling that you just wanted him to be a friend.

And Rin, you just knew you fell for Rin after realizing he was the one who held you on the rooftop to keep you from falling. But you still didn’t know his feeling because he always push you toward Won and always hide himself, hide his feeling. He made you feel confusing whether he had feeling for you or not.

Now I know how you felt when you had to stand in between friendship and love. You chose to sacrifice yourself for not breaking WonRin friendship. It is such a different thinking of a girl.

Thanks San for trusting Rin in whatever he did.

To Yoona,

So difficult for you to act without knowing who was your love. And you act in that way indeed, and made even viewers confused as you were. Thanks for your varacious acting.

And thanks for your friendliness that HJH can become close with you and help him to become Wang Rin successful.

Thanks @Juni Asat for the pics!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To My Wang Rin,

At first, I was not impressed by your appearance. I was impressed by the way you stood behind your friends. And I do not know how many times my heart was painful every time you tried to refrain yourself from exposing your feeling for her.

Like this

ZrR2LCdp_o.gif

Or like this

2H2w9pdc_o.gif

And like this

Sk8Yw35h_o.gif

How was your heart sufferred for hiding that feeling?

Spoiler

aIqvdLbP_o.jpg

The way you avoided eye contact with her, the way you touched her, the way you held her, everything revealed your feeling for her without any word. Everyone could see your love light in your eyes.

You were voluntary to be hostage in Yuan, just because of you, you wanted to escape before that feeling growing too strong to hide, just by going to somewhere faraway, you could forget her and buried your feeling deep inside your heart forever.

Won was precious to you and he was your master and you felt in love with the girl he loved. As a servant, it was wrong, but as a human, it was nothing wrong for falling in love with a girl. But you still chose to go away. It was for Won.

And the last time, you chose to sacrifice yourself. How many people could understand how you valued your friendship with Won? Whatever you did was for Won and San.

You did not want her to remember you, remember the way you held her, the way you touched her hair.... and....you gave up

Spoiler

ezgif-4-36499f3e51.gif&key=a493185827bc7

You chose to sacrifice you identity, your relative, and become no name in the world. How much sacrifice you did for Won and for this country!

But finally, your sacrifice was repaid. Won understood what you did for him and your feeling for San, and blessed you and San.

To Hong Jong Hyun,

Thank you for choosing this character. Can’t imagine another actor who act Rin, will he succeed in portray Rin as you did, maybe it will be a different Rin, but You are the perfect Rin as for me.

Rin is not perfect but he still be the character that every actor wants to act once in a life time. And you did it successfully. From your eyes to your moves portray Rin in perfect way.

Thank you for being one important part of TKL family.

14 minutes ago, kim_nuong said:

To Hong Jong Hyun,

Thank you for choosing this character. Can’t imagine another actor who act Rin, will he succeed in portray Rin as you did, maybe it will be a different Rin, but You are the perfect Rin as for me.

Rin is not perfect but he still be the character that every actor wants to act once in a life time. And you did it successfully. From your eyes to your moves portray Rin in perfect way.

actually, the almost perfect character as Rin was the most hard to play, coz it could easily fall as boring, but as most of us feel about Rin, he's so charming, almost perfect but no where near boring, and I should thanks HJH for this. He's the perfect Rin, I think no one can ever potray a better Rin than his. Hands down

9 minutes ago, Juni Asat said:

actually, the almost perfect character as Rin was the most hard to play, coz it could easily fall as boring, but as most of us feel about Rin, he's so charming, almost perfect but no where near boring, and I should thanks HJH for this. He's the perfect Rin, I think no one can ever potray a better Rin than his. Hands down

Yeah, he act as Rin with all his body, heart and soul

Snippets of Yoona's interviews translated from Korean to English. from here

On San’s feelings for Rin and Won:

“San’s feelings for Won were closer to friendship. Won was a person she was grateful to since he helped her a lot.” 

“Because Rin was the one who kept saving San whenever she was in trouble, and was there whenever she needed someone, her heart opened to him more. San liked Rin as a man. She only belatedly realised how she felt for him when she discovered he was the one who saved her on the rooftop. 

“Because the script didn’t really follow the original novel at times, I sometimes was a little confused as to who San was supposed to like. But after a while, it became clear who San liked as a friend and who she liked as a man. If I had known the ending in advance, I would tried earlier to make my feelings and attitude for each man more clear and distinct.”

“Though San loved Rin, she was worried that her feelings for him would come between the friendship between Won and Rin. That was why she held back.” 

“Rin loved both San and Won very much. He loved them differently – but very much.” 

“Rin and San stayed in Goryeo but Won left to live in Yuan Dynasty so that Rin and San couldn’t find him.”

Let's also all remember that a lot can get lost in translations, esp when things go through multiple languages. 

San ended up with Rin, period. They were together in the end, period. This is not and cannot be open up to interpretation. Her feelings at the start? Sure. Not the ending. 

1 hour ago, kim_nuong said:

To Hong Jong Hyun,

well said. Rin is HJH and HJH is Rin.

i really cant imagine any other actor playing. I should thank him for accepting the Rin and also the Writer to imagine Rin what we saw in drama.

its my very first saeguk character that ill keep in my heart forever.

To My Wang Rin,

At first, I was not impressed by your appearance. I was impressed by the way you stood behind your friends. And I do not know how many times my heart was painful every time you tried to refrain yourself from exposing your feeling for her.

Like this

Or like this

And like this

How was your heart sufferred for hiding that feeling?

The way you avoided eye contact with her, the way you touched her, the way you held her, everything revealed your feeling for her without any word. Everyone could see your love light in your eyes.

You were voluntary to be hostage in Yuan, just because of you, you wanted to escape before that feeling growing too strong to hide, just by going to somewhere faraway, you could forget her and buried your feeling deep inside your heart forever.

Won was precious to you and he was your master and you felt in love with the girl he loved. As a servant, it was wrong, but as a human, it was nothing wrong for falling in love with a girl. But you still chose to go away. It was for Won.

And the last time, you chose to sacrifice yourself. How many people could understand how you valued your friendship with Won? Whatever you did was for Won and San.

You did not want her to remember you, remember the way you held her, the way you touched her hair.... and....you gave up

You chose to sacrifice you identity, your relative, and become no name in the world. How much sacrifice you did for Won and for this country!

But finally, your sacrifice was repaid. Won understood what you did for him and your feeling for San, and blessed you and San.

Thats lovely analysis how Rin's life tormented between his Concern for his Friend/master Wona and his love for San.

from the start till the end he was the same selfless, sacrificing Rin who would go any limits to save Won, to make him King....its really really difficult to find such fine characters in dramas.

thanks for your post...

I'm so proud of you Wang Won, to finally let your two best friends to have their happiness together

bx1mcwRM7qCDPJhz.jpg

when Rin choose to let San go because he's about to make the biggest sacrifice for his country and the Crown Prince, and don't want to her suffer because of his uncertain future

jPmkGFHWXbwFtsMr.jpg

but in the end San decide to stay by Rin's side no matter what it might cost her, that's the biggest confession a woman can ever make on how much she loves her man

21687699_10155778044939777_6060778178297

Archived