[Drama 2017] The King Loves 왕은 사랑한다

Go Seung Ji

19 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Subbed version is really slow... still waiting for it. I've watched the unsubbed and can't help but ask "Why are the men after Eun San, specifically?" I thought she is just a daughter of a rich merchant. (Haha.. were there teeth braces in Goryeo, so Eun San grew up into a girl with nice teeth later?)

And am I correct that there are actually 4 batches of people in the woods? 

1. Eun San's people

2. Normal bandits (dressed in rags)

3. The killer group (dressed in black)

4. Wang Won's people

The normal bandits were after the money or whatever expensive items in the entourage, but they were interrupted by the killers, who were after blood?

I think so too, but CMIIW the normal bandits were aware and  knew beforehand that there would later be other party (the killer group). The killer group was not really there to kill everyone. They just want to kidnap/did something to EunSan. But EunSan Mom saw the killer tattoo. Because they were told the least witness were better, the killer decide to kill EunSan Mother. 

What's interesting, the person order the killer is WangRin's brother, Wang Jun and Song-in (OhMinSuk). They did it to aim EunSan Father's wealth. They know that in several years, EunSan would be in married age. And the person who marries EunSan would have the greatest benefit, wealth and power. So Wang Jun and SongIn made the scheme, in order to make him look as hero who save San, and in few year will marry her. I'm very curious to know how this would affect RinSan relationship in the future.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, yooniverse_530 said:

What's interesting, the person order the killer is WangRin's brother, Wang Jun and Song-in (OhMinSuk). They did it to aim EunSan Father's wealth. They know that in several years, EunSan would be in married age. And the person who marries EunSan would have the greatest benefit, wealth and power. So Wang Jun and SongIn made the scheme, in order to make him look as hero who save San, and in few year will marry her. I'm very curious to know how this would affect RinSan relationship in the future.

Ah.. I didn't catch that point earlier. Now I know what the men (Wang Jun and Song In) were discussing then. Horrible men..  On closer look, the bandits were really working together with the killers.

Their plan failed horribly, cause they thought they had killed Eun San. 

2 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

I've watched the unsubbed and can't help but ask "Why are the men after Eun San, specifically?" I thought she is just a daughter of a rich merchant. Was she meant to be married to crown prince, which the queen do not want, as she will have wanted a Mongolian princess (like herself) instead? (Haha.. digress a little. Were there teeth braces in Goryeo, so Eun San grew up into a girl with nice teeth later?) 

And am I correct that there are actually 4 batches of people in the woods? 

1. Eun San's people

2. Normal bandits (dressed in rags)

3. The killer group (dressed in black)

4. Wang Won's people

The normal bandits were after the money or whatever expensive items in the entourage, but they were interrupted by the killers, who were after blood?

Hi @Ainee Etp chingu, you are right! 4 batches of people in the woods. I just watched Ep1 with subs, I don't think they want to kill Eun San, they just want to orchestra the robbing and killing so that the Minister of Defense's son can go and rescue Eun San in time to gain her father's favor to marry her. That's why San told her father, those people were not after money.

Looking forward to Episode 3-4 tonight :wub: Yoona is so gorgeous as San. Siwan is so handsome too as Won. Jonghyun is just cool and charming as Rin.

“The King Loves” Garners Promising Ratings With Premiere Episodes

DE_KFbLVoAEV-VA.jpg

MBC’s new drama “The King Loves” has aired its first episodes!

On July 18, according to the results from Nielsen Korea, “The King Loves” brought in 7.8 percent and 8.1 percent viewership ratings for its first and second episode, respectively.

The-King-Loves.png

The drama was able to record a higher rating for its premiere episode than MBC’s previous drama “Lookout,” which brought in 6.0 percent ratings. During the first episode, “The King Loves” introduced the main characters, played by YoonA, Im Siwan, and Hong Jong Hyun, as they tried to complete the mission that was given to them by their teacher.

The-King-Loves-1.png

Meanwhile, KBS’s drama “School 2017” brought in 5.9 percent viewership ratings, while SBS’s “My Sassy Girl” brought in 8.9 percent and 10.2 percent for its respective episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/17/king-loves-garners-promising-ratings-premiere-episodes/

18 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Chingus, i won't be here to discuss. Will be going on a trip til tomorrow night. And still no subs yet so will have to wait for it :D

@alekaonu Cougar chingu, will be counting on you for updates and descriptions of the next episodes B):wink:

:bawling: Kraken chingu!!!! My MBC live stream just died. Can't recap....will see later if my connection is back, then I will try to recap from memory. Anyone got a good live link? Please PM me if you have. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

:bawling: Kraken chingu!!!! My MBC live stream just died. Can't recap....will see later if my connection is back, then I will try to recap from memory. Anyone got a good live link? Please PM me if you have. Thanks!

I am worse, I heard sound but the screen doesn't move, when they move, the sound went off.

24 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I am worse, I heard sound but the screen doesn't move, when they move, the sound went off.

hahahahahaha poor chingu, actually both of us are the same, I heard voices while I was at another browser, when I switched back to the streaming, it went dead again. Its like hide and seek this whole episode for me so I give up. I will download the raw later to watch.

Finally got a clear version of preview. chingus I watched 2 episodes raw, what I felt is that all characters have chemistry with each other. But I must say, even without a proper scene together with San, Rin is already giving me goosebumps. Jonghyun's longing eyes and hidden emotions are giving me feelsss. :wub:

I also enjoyed San's and Won's bickering. It seems like bromance is getting strong. I liked the scene where won treated Rin's  wound on lips. Anyway preview looks exciting. Can't wait for Rin-San scenes next week. Also, cinematography and OST of this drama is soooooo beautiful. 

credit:@mystarmyangel twitter

[TRANS/NETIZEN] “The King In Love” episode 3 & 4

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_otai6nPlHu1rokzl1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_otals4sqpY1rokzl1_500.png

[Article] ‘The King In Love’ Im Siwan smile on YoonA “It’s strange”

1. [+738 -58] I thought she’s strangely so pretty tooㄷㄷㄷㄷㄷ

2. [+564 -42] pretty for real. A sprouting deer couple

3. [+524 -49] YoonA’s so pretty. Im Siwan’s handsome omo

4. [+474 -46] YoonA’s pretty pretty pretty

5. [+401 -38] The visuals blow like a storm, baby~

6. [+156 -4] It’s already fun just by looking at YoonA and Im Siwan’s face.. so pretty and handsome  ㅠㅠ

7. [+131 -5] it’s crazily very fun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+120 -6] Visuals are the best, It’s getting more and more fun~~

9. [+109 -6] YoonA’s face is very small

10. [+131 -12] Flower deer couple! YoonA and Siwan are both deers. They matched well~

11. [+107 -4] so pretty and handsome 

12. [+104 -8] It’s strange enough that she’s so pretty  …………ㅜㅜ

13. [+98 -6] Let’s all buy The King in Love  ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ It was fun today

14. [+85 -3] Be successful The King In Love!!!

15. [+84 -4] I’m so dead  ㅠㅠㅠㅠ they’re heart fluttering, pretty, handsome and I like them so much ㅠㅠㅠ

Source: Ten Asia via Naver

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_otaj7wpk1c1rokzl1_1280.jpg

[Article] ‘The King in Love’ Hong Jonghyun, Im YoonA secret crush starts♥ “I saw first”

1. [+211 -20] agh they’re all pretty and handsome

2. [+210 -27] ratings, acting, and visuals won a landslide victory

3. [+189 -21] The visuals is just…. so awesome

4. [+156 -20] ah it’s so fun  ㅠㅠㅠ San being excited and noisy is so cute

5. [+148 -20] ah this historical drama is fun and it makes me laugh  ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+40 -5] Even when sleeping, YoonA looks so pretty. No different from an angel

7. [+39 -5] In the original story, it was Rin and San  ㅇㅇ

8. [+38 -5] Siwan and YoonA quarreling is so cute ㅎ

9. [+38 -5] San is so pretty  ㅠㅠㅠ

10. [+25 -2] They did really well yesterday  ㅋㅋㅋㅋIt seems YoonA got stuck with Hong Jonghyun but Siwan was taken aback  ㅋㅋㅋ facial expression in acting is very important but it seems everyone does well and didn’t lack   ㅋㅋㅋ

11. [+29 -4] It was fine yesterday but today was a more fun

12. [+20 -1] YoonA’s acting is naturally well. Good good~

13. [+33 -6] Is this fun? I’m goin to try to watch this

-> Yes it’s fun. It’s like a comic romance story

14. [+31 -6] real fun  ㅋ It’s full of excitement 

15. [+24 -5] Hong Jonghyun is so good! He resembles my first love more!

Source:  OSEN via Naver

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_otakrqCb1c1rokzl1_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_otalq6Ggrm1rokzl1_500.png

[Article] ‘The King in Love’ Im Siwan♥YoonA “I have to keep seeing you”

1. [+668 -68] It’s getting more fun the more you watch it

2. [+574 -51] what the.. i guess it’s more faster than yeserday

3. [+556 -55] Song Jina hasn’t gone anywhere  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it’s no joke

4. [+507 -61] It’s fun ㅠㅠㅠ  the OST is the best

5. [+222 -28] Im Siwan is so freakin’ handsome and YoonA is so freakin’ pretty.. The OST is so freakin’ good too… everything’s good

6. [+198 -20] As a viewer, i have to keep watching The King in Love

7. [+227 -30] Im Siwan and YoonA look like a deer, Hong Jonghyun is delicately handsome. Everyone’s good in acting, i gotta keep on watching this, there’s no reason not to ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+227 -30] YoonA overeating dumplings is so cute!!!!

9. [+185 -16] The King in Love is a masterpiece. As expected from MBC’s historical drama

10. [+201 -24] I’m so glad that it was calm today. Hong Jonghyun and YoonA, crush starts ㅠㅠ

11. [+173 -16] This is a pre-production drama. But the quality that came out looks so amazing

12. [+169 -15] This is seriously fun. Lee Hae Ri’s OST at the ending  ㅜㅠ it’s so good

13. [+180 -9] How can I wait for another week

14. [+190 -23] It was so fun. Ah heart fluttering  ㅜㅜ

15. [+148 -9] Me too, I’m gonna keep on watching this  ㅋㅋ It’s fun ♡

Source: My Daily via Naver

Trans by @crownprincesone

cre: http://voltz03.tumblr.com/post/163137240695/transnetizen-the-king-in-love-episode-3-4

omg, the dog was so cute :wub:

aww Rin was secretly protecting Won at the pub even though Won thought Rin didn't know what he was doing at the moment because Won didn't tell Rin.

queen slapping Rin and Rin knowing the culprit of old incident is his older brother but can't say anything. :bawling:

anyway, Won secretly doing all the things for San as she was going back to home was so cute and funny :D

the next episodes, the plot will finally begin! and Rin is going to be busy since he will have to save San, then try to save Won from getting framed, then getting blamed for the framing Won by queen. 

the ost is great, but i'm still upset that they used the song that has english lyrics. this is a historical drama that set on a place and timeline where english shouldn't appear. therefore, english lyrics will ruin the mood of the drama. :grimace: and by looking at the list of osts for the drama, there are more than one with english title songs. 

2 hours ago, Vo Ki Trieu said:

Ratings 170718:

#TheKingLoves : 5.1% | 6%
#MySassyGirl : 9.6% | 11.4%
#School2017 : 4.2%

#BrideoftheWaterGod : 3.6%

cre: kdrama_news

Rating drops so much

NAVER says it's 6.0% (닐슨코리아 제공)|6.5% (TNMS 제공), is NAVER wrong?

anyway, it still went down a lot :confounded: yesterday was around 8%, so it went down about 2%

i don't understand it. it got a lot of praises from k-netizens yesterday, and today's episodes also got a lot pf praises, so where did 2% go?

44 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

NAVER says it's 6.0% (닐슨코리아 제공)|6.5% (TNMS 제공), is NAVER wrong?

anyway, it still went down a lot :confounded: yesterday was around 8%, so it went down about 2%

i don't understand it. it got a lot of praises from k-netizens yesterday, and today's episodes also got a lot pf praises, so where did 2% go?

TnMS also drop 2% and 2.1% for ep 3;4

7776.png

Archived