[Drama 2017] The King Loves 왕은 사랑한다

Go Seung Ji

MBC’s Pre-Produced Drama “The King Loves” Set To Wrap Up Filming Soon Ahead Of July Premiere

DB4Ks4UV0AAHfSN.jpg

The King Loves” will soon be wrapping up filming!

According to industry sources, MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “The King Loves” is nearing the end of their filming schedule with the script of the final episode completed.

Girls-Generation-YoonA-Im-Siwan.jpg

Filming for the pre-produced drama began in January, and once the six-month-long journey ends, the drama will go through post-production before airing in July. The project has been garnering a great deal of attention as it is set to be Im Siwan’s last before enlisting in the military.

Im-Siwan-Girls-Generation-YoonA-Hong-Jon

Actor Hong Jong Hyun shared a picture of the main trio of himself, Im Siwan, and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA taking a break while at work in the Dae Jang Geum Park set in Yongin, teasing what’s to come.

“The King Loves” is a melodramatic period piece based on a novel of the same name that follows the love and  desire of three people in the Goryeo dynasty. The drama will air on MBC following the end of “Lookout” in July.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/09/mbcs-pre-produced-drama-king-loves-set-wrap-filming-soon-ahead-july-premiere/

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YoonA Shares Photo And Video With “The King Loves” Cast And Crew To Celebrate Wrapping Up Filming

DCXcjmrUAAABC-j.jpg

Pre-produced MBC drama “The King Loves” has completed filming!

On June 15, Girls’ Generation’s YoonA posted a group photo and short video of the cast and crew on Instagram.

She wrote, “Everyone put in a lot of hard work for six months~ It was a joy to work with such great people!! Thank you.” Her photo of the huge group features the staff and actors, including the leads YoonA, Im Siwan, and Hong Jong Hyun, all celebrating the end together with bright smiles.

“The King Loves” is a historical melodrama focused on the lives of three people in the Goryeo Dynasty. The drama is set to air in July after the completion of “Lookout.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/15/yoona-shares-photo-video-the-king-loves-cast-crew-celebrate-wrapping-up-filming/

“The King Loves” Revealed To Be Written By Song Ji Na, The Writer Of “Healer”

DCq8uMRVwAArVIo.jpg

June 19, a source from the upcoming MBC drama “The King Loves,” starring Im Siwan and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA, revealed that writer Song Ji Na took the lead as the main writer for the new drama.

This is Song Ji Na’s first comeback to K-dramas in three years since writing the popular KBS drama “Healer,” which aired late 2014 and starred Ji Chang Wook and Park Min Young.

Other works under Song Ji Na’s name include “The Great Doctor” (2012), starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Hee Sun; “The Legend” (2007), starring Bae Yong Joon and Lee Ji Ah; and, one of the most popular K-dramas of all time, “Sandglass” (1995), starring Choi Min Soo and Go Hyun Jung.

“The King Loves,” based on a novel of the same name, is about the intertwined loves and desires of three people in the Goryeo dynasty. The drama will air in July, following the end of MBC’s “Lookout.”

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/19/king-loves-revealed-written-song-ji-na-writer-healer/

“The King Loves” Cast Shares Thoughts After Wrapping Up Filming

DC-M6sEVoAAq3nm.jpg

The cast of MBC’s newest historical fantasy drama, “The King Loves,” recently wrapped up filming and shared some of their thoughts.

The final filming concluded without any slip ups with the stars of the drama, YoonA, Im Siwan, and Hong Jong Hyun, on June 15 after six months of hard work.

Following the last filming, Im Siwan commented, “Many actors and staff members spent the past six months filming this project with joys and sorrows. We were together every single day, so I am happy but also sad now that it’s over. We worked really hard on this drama, so I hope viewers enjoy it.”

YoonA also added some of her thoughts. She said, “I’m happy and thankful to have worked with such great people for the past six months. My character, Eun San, was a new type of challenge for me, and I had so many emotions while acting this part. I hope many people can relate to and love my character and the drama this summer.”

Lastly, Hong Jong Hyun commented, “We started filming when it was freezing outside until recently in the blazing hot sun. I cried and laughed a lot during these months, and I am glad to have pushed through the challenges with such great people working on this drama. And actually, I still can’t believe the filming is already over. I will miss the good times we had and I’m really looking forward to how everything will turn out on screen, but also scared as well. Just like the viewers, I’ll wait with high hopes for the premiere of the show.”

Meanwhile, “The King Loves” will premiere in July on MBC and will be available exclusively at Viki!

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/22/king-loves-cast-shares-thoughts-wrapping-filming/

Annyeong chingu deul :)

Ooohhhh I'm so excited now that July is just round the corner. Looking forward to the premiere of The King Loves. Can't wait to see Yoona in drama twice a week :wub:. I wish that the drama will be a success for everyone.

Wow! The drama is close to premiering! Exciting!

I just found out Song Ji Na is writing this drama and just remember she is the one who wrote Faith! And i love Faith! I hope the director keeps the writing as close to Song Ji Na's version as possible. 

50 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong chingu deul :)

Ooohhhh I'm so excited now that July is just round the corner. Looking forward to the premiere of The King Loves. Can't wait to see Yoona in drama twice a week :wub:. I wish that the drama will be a success for everyone.

Hi cougar chingu! Are we going to be following this drama together like the good old Faithlings days and K2? :D

OFFICIAL POSTER HQ  (tagging @Go Seung Ji hope u will update first page with this)

IMG_4778b3aca.jpg

First teaser 

http://naver.me/Fv1W2S1x

via twitter

Looking forward to the king loves drama. Because i love writer song ji na previous works especially the legend (the story of the first king's four gods) and faith ❤️  (I do watch healer).. hope this one will be hit ! 
EDIT:
NEW STILLS
IMG_473793b7d.jpg
EDIT:
STILLS SIWAN
Spoiler

IMG_4759d5b36.jpg

Hi everybody. 

Okay, first of all I'm new here. But actually not that new to Soompi, although maybe I'm usually only been lurking before. 

I hope the drama and the tread would be exciting and peaceful. Well, tbh many of YoonA fans stopped coming here and avoided Soompi. Can't really blame my fellow YA fans, her previous drama Thread has turn into ugly war zone. 

But I'm optimistic that this thread will be more civil in expressing their opinion, hence I decide to post my first post here. :)

here the new pic from The King In Love

IMG_5486_zpshsjtshh2.jpg

And a bit translation from article at Naver

Hiii chingus, I am back after a loooong break ! Judging from the spoilers, it's going to be a emotional rollercoaster for sure. Anyway only relief is that we know the climax . Hope the writer will stick to novel and don't break  my shipper heart. Finally all the second leads will get justice through this drama.:D

Credit:@exowithnct

@cherryblossomzz Welcome back ^_^ 

“The King Loves” Releases Stunning Poster Featuring Im Siwan, YoonA, And Hong Jong Hyun

The-King-Loves-1.png

The King Loves” has released a stunning new poster featuring the main leads!

On June 30, MBC released a poster for the 100 percent pre-produced drama, which stars Im Siwan, YoonA, Hong Jong Hyun, Oh Min Seok, Jung Bo Suk, Jang Young Nam, and more!

The released poster illustrates the upcoming love triangle between the three main characters Wang Won (Im Siwan), Eun San (YoonA), and Wang Lin (Hong Jong Hyun). The flower-filled image also comes with a caption that says, “This is the story of how I came to love you more than myself.”

Meanwhile, “The King Loves” is set to air its first episode in July.

Check out the poster below!

The-King-Loves3.jpg

Source (1)

@Go Seung Ji@bebe1989@alekaonu and other chingus here

I swear, this drama  has beautiful elegant hanboks!  pretty good looking stars wearing them makes it even more lovely! Why can't most of historical dramas  have same kind of hanboks.  Must be expensive though. I'll give best costume designer to this drama.. And I'm only looking at the posters... what more the drama..

But of course.. I'll be watching for the story, the betrayal,the bromance, the love story. the friends of the 3 main characters..

Archived