[Drama 2016] Father, I’ll Take Care of You 아버님 제가 모실게요

tompark

2 hours ago, auntyem said:

yup, I agree, Jung Eun's character right now is just a hot mess. She's not much better than a hobo, she just returned to Korea after wandering around the world, and she's just sponging off her grandmother and mother.  She's not bothering to find a job, she has no direction in her life, she's just going around and creating a ruckus everywhere. To be honest, she's kind of annoying. I can't see how HW is supposed to fall for her, she's hopeless, always making trouble!!!

I agree that I do find JE annoying as well with her shouting and all but with the recent episode, she's somewhat tone down. Although she's not much my fave (well I like her way more that Jihoon mom for sure), I want to give her the better of a doubt to her character. She seem like she had been spoiled as a child given she's the only child to her parent and I feel like (just my assumption) that she's behaving like this as a lashing out for her hurt deep down. It seem like her parent are divorce (correct me if I'm wrong) which if so, could be cause a deep hurt in her hence she lash out and travel the world (as her running away similar to how I view Sung Joon 2 year abroad as his way of avoiding MJ and hoping the distance will allow her to settle her feelings for him). We don't get to see much of her true self since I feel like her behaving carefree is just hiding and guarding herself. She was getting to know HW and open a bit to him about her grandma and mom not liking her much. I think her and HW relationship will develop much slower in them getting to know each other. She may fall for HW first which he may use for revenge and eventually falling for her in the process.

Anywho, side note. It seem like the 3rd child hasn't made an appearance yet. The father did mention on episode 3 when he told his oldest to move in Sung Joon and Jung-hwa room. I'm assuming Jung-hwa is the 3rd child, Sung Joon older sister as he is the maknae. Curious how she is. I guess we won't know for now since I don't think the actress playing her will appear anytime as she's currently committed to Legend of the Blue Sea.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've skipped so many JE's scenes that I can't be sure what I am commenting is correct. Isn't her bio mother- considered single? I remember vaguely she is not on her family register. Isn't she on her uncle's family register? There was this conversation in which the bio mother and grandmother was talking. Or did I remember wrongly on another drama.

Because I am watching Hwarang and wanted to see PSJ's earlier works I am actually skipping  through I summon you gold. I did watch the series previously but it was for the main couple which derailed spectacularly. So anyway the actress playing JE is there as the 2nd wife. * shaking head * I also didn't like her there. I think I might have to go back all the way to Call of the country to like her again. She has even made me dislike KRW. Whom I used to love. Shesh.

58 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I've skipped so many JE's scenes that I can't be sure what I am commenting is correct. Isn't her bio mother- considered single? I remember vaguely she is not on her family register. Isn't she on her uncle's family register? There was this conversation in which the bio mother and grandmother was talking. Or did I remember wrongly on another drama.

Because I am watching Hwarang and wanted to see PSJ's earlier works I am actually skipping  through I summon you gold. I did watch the series previously but it was for the main couple which derailed spectacularly. So anyway the actress playing JE is there as the 2nd wife. * shaking head * I also didn't like her there. I think I might have to go back all the way to Call of the country to like her again. She has even made me dislike KRW. Whom I used to love. Shesh.

Yeah, JE's mother is single mom (mentioned when the mother n grandma was talking), JE didn't see her dad until she found and met him in Spain. She's registered in her uncle's family registration. All were mentioned in the drama.

Well, I like the actress LSK so (as i said earlier) I'd like to see her with HW. @ck1Oz, LSK is quite popular with this kind of shouting roles. But she can play many other different roles too, like in Soulmates, Daemul, Love and law, Let's eat, Rainbow eyes...

At least in ep.12, she's a bit calmer and even embarrassed to HW after drinking and sleeping in his place.

I don't think  JE's mother ever got married because JE was raised by her grandmother and she is registered under her uncles family name. Another reason JE is so loud and a troublemaker is because I don't think her mom spent enough time with her. So decided to do anything to get her Mom's attention but it all got her was angry family and no bonding with mom. So eventually she decided the best thing is to leave. Even when she found her father she still didn't get the bonding she craved. I do wonder why she decided to come back since it seems her own mother rented her room out and told her she had no place for her. Talk about cold and I can see why she feels her mother doesn't love her but it is still no excuse to not do something to better her life. Although I fee bad for her , I love Dong Hee more because even though she doesn't get what she wants. Dong Hee still tries to achieve her goal no matter the obstacles in her life. I feel her family is what keeping her from achieving her goals because she had to fend for herself her whole life unlike JE was treated way better than DH. JE was educated, got nice clothes and was well taken care of. She did not have to work to support herself unlike Dong Hee had to support herself. Even trying to support herslef , I am positive that her " BROTHER " probably stole from her in the past like he did from the very first episode. smh smh. So I don't think o can ever really like JE's character. She needs to grow up so I can actually like her. 

MMerry Christmas everyone 

Love today's episode and now the Mi Joo finally acting like the Biatchhhh she is. We all al All or some of our questions has been answered in today's episode about what happened to SJ and HW's father her. The neighborhood ahjumma's are discussing what happened to the ahjumma that owned the store . In the discussion the past was brought up but no one wanted to talk about it. In the background I heard music playing that usually means someone was wronged. I really believe now that HW's dad was seriously wronged . There was a flashback at scene 10:32 HW's was school bus driver and there was an accident and some kids were injured or maybe someone died. The accident was due to the break malfunctioning but I think the parents took it upon themselves to bully him even though he was probably already blaming himself at the time. Until he decided to commit suicide. One of the ahjumma's remember that he has two kids but the rest seem to have forgotten how many kids he had. One of the ahjumma's was complaining about HW's fake uncle.  The only one in the group that seems a bit clueless about what happened is  SJ's mom. I feel that maybe their family wasn't involved at all.

I hope they take too long to discuss what really happened??

This is allllll me guessing what Dong Hee said to.MJ at the office

Now MJ has some never to be dressing down Dong Hee after finding out Dong Hee and Sung Joon are in laws. aloof DH tired to explain they didn't know they were in laws until they got back to KOREA. MJ really hurt Dong Hee's feelings and making her feel guilty when "In fact this all Dong Hee's second cousins fault that she is in this predicament "  I am so mad at MJ for school ont this way because ever since this conversation DH has avoided SJ . SJ looks so sad when DH is being cold to him. We got a lot of flashbacks from when she they first met to the kiss they shared.      Another great thing happen JE , HE, DH and SJ spent time together at tJR's cafe. SJ knows that JE has a crush on HW. JE is doing everything possible to spendc time with HW. Ofcourse he is annoyed but Inthink she is wearing him down. 

For all my Chingu's....  DH and SJ were walking home alone and she spoke to him but I couldn't quite get what she said. My Béart tells me she did confess teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif but I might be wrong. SJ is a real gentleman following her and it began to snow. The FEELS in this episode was so moving .blush-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifblush-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

Great News chingu Sung Joon finally spoke up and told her he isn't interested. She kept trying to stop him from telling her but told her. Yay Yay Yay .....Ching I am going by VIBES ALONE THAT Sung Joon told her he has no feeling for her. You should have seen the way she tried to charm SJ halmeoni. I wonder why In Kdrama land that when a halmeoni or a mother becomes so happy when he hey seeee pretty girl who has money are better received than the lower class woman as a partner/mate. I find it kinda sad because they only act when it benefits them then their child. 

Before going on about our favorite couple, I have to admit that my heart break for Hye Joo in this episode. To see her being judge, being accuse and blame by her mother in law was so heart breaking. The injustice she has to suffer at her mother-in-law abused was so utterly heart breaking. Her mother-in-law is something else. Just how cruel can she be? She is a daughter in law herself and fear her mother-in-law wrath yet she cannot be understanding towards Hye Joo. To criticize Hye Joo parenting and then accuse her without even listening (making her own judgment and assumption) just make her like her husband called her, a evil witch - lol. I understand she want her life given her age and her son are grown but they are her son from the time they're born to the time they die. Yet it feel like she has no attachment for them and is selfish. To see Hye Joo break down crying to her grandma on the treatment just breaks my heart especially when she has been suffering this abuse for so so many years.

Now back to our cute Height couple and tying it to Hye Joo suffering, I feel like this episode does give quite a foreshadow to the possibility of Dong Hee moving out of the apartment (distancing herself from Sung Joon) given that her grandmother originally have told Sung Hoon that they'll stay there for 2 month and even now, her grandmother had reiterated that they should move out with Hye Joo breaking down and saying she wishes to leave this place as well. And then there is the Mi-joo threatening warning (her claw sure came out today) as well. It definitely put Dong Hee in a comprising situation and based on the preview, seem like Mi-joo is giving her money to leave Sung Joon and the situation at home, I feel that Dong Hee may end up accepting it as family means everything to her.

Dong Hee is a considerate person and that is a weakness that Mi-joo will use to her advantage. And yes like @UnniSarah mention, Mi-joo definitely bought out her B-face today. Understandable she is feeling threaten knowing where Sung Joon feeling it (accept it and stop being in denial, woman!) Dong Hee already feel extremely guilty towards Sung Joon for the situation her brother caused and for Mi-joo to used Sung Joon to further that guilt in Dong Hee to force her to leave Sung Joon - definitely show her petty and jealous side. And given the situation around them, it definitely seem by the end of the episode tonight whereas Dong Hee mention feeling of liking someone - how it's a great feeling and she's a writer and know that love is unobtainable in drama and in reality therefore she'll let go of one (which I am sure she is going to reject Sung Joon, chosing to run away from her own feeling) But don't understand estimate Sung Joon, Dong Hee! He's not going to give up for sure.

And I am so happy that Sung Joon finally put a stop to Mi-joo advance. Five years has he show her no interest. Sure he see her as a woman however as a colleague, not someone he has feeling or like. And although Mi-joo tries to cut him off on talking about it and trying to guilt him for her 5 year crush on him as well as it being Christmas Eve, I am so glad that he tell her that he only see her as a colleague. I'm glad that he put an end to her feeling as I'm sure he knows how much it affect his relationship with Dong Hee. Before I don't think he care about the rumors because rumors will always be baseless rumors but given that it causes misunderstanding to Dong Hee, it seem he want to end it for his sake and Dong Hee. 

19 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I wonder why In Kdrama land that when a halmeoni or a mother becomes so happy when he hey seeee pretty girl who has money are better received than the lower class woman as a partner/mate. I find it kinda sad because they only act when it benefits them then their child. 

I am sure most parent want to marry their kid off with good suitors and of course, its to benefit their family in building connection to relay on each other in time of need. 

As for the death of HW's father. I think that the family may not be involve in abusing him physically but seeing Hye Joo mother in law, there is a possibility that he was abuse emotionally and mentally which can do more damage than physically abuse especially since her daughter Jung Hwa was involve in the accident and was injured along with the other kids. HW is resentful and is taking revenge on all those involve so they may have been involve one way or another or that there is possibly a misunderstanding that he target the family. It seem like he has a much bigger grudge towards the Han as he's wanting to destroy every single one (down to their children).

But on the side note, I'm glad they all 4 leads finally meet in 1 scene together. Given this is 50 episode, I am curious if DH will eventually be involve with both brother (not relationship wise - sorry she's Sung Joon 100%) but just involve to where:

1) HW help her with her debt and she end up working for HW and build a frienship with him thus making Sung Joon misunderstand and be jealous (sorry, I want to see a jealous Sung Joon - that's why)

2) Being between the 2 brother, she may bring the brother together and help Sung Joon forgive the things HW is doing (destroying his family) 

Anywho, that's all I have for now. Well, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas. May your Christmas be filled with love and laughter.

merry-christmas-a-scene-of-a-small-villa

azmo_photo161222175830imbcdrama10.jpg

2 hours ago, Lyna said:

Before going on about our favorite couple, I have to admit that my heart break for Hye Joo in this episode. To see her being judge, being accuse and blame by her mother in law was so heart breaking. The injustice she has to suffer at her mother-in-law abused was so utterly heart breaking. Her mother-in-law is something else. Just how cruel can she be? She is a daughter in law herself and fear her mother-in-law wrath yet she cannot be understanding towards Hye Joo. To criticize Hye Joo parenting and then accuse her without even listening (making her own judgment and assumption) just make her like her husband called her, a evil witch - lol. I understand she want her life given her age and her son are grown but they are her son from the time they're born to the time they die. Yet it feel like she has no attachment for them and is selfish. To see Hye Joo break down crying to her grandma on the treatment just breaks my heart especially when she has been suffering this abuse for so so many years.

Now back to our cute Height couple and tying it to Hye Joo suffering, I feel like this episode does give quite a foreshadow to the possibility of Dong Hee moving out of the apartment (distancing herself from Sung Joon) given that her grandmother originally have told Sung Hoon that they'll stay there for 2 month and even now, her grandmother had reiterated that they should move out with Hye Joo breaking down and saying she wishes to leave this place as well. And then there is the Mi-joo threatening warning (her claw sure came out today) as well. It definitely put Dong Hee in a comprising situation and based on the preview, seem like Mi-joo is giving her money to leave Sung Joon and the situation at home, I feel that Dong Hee may end up accepting it as family means everything to her.

Dong Hee is a considerate person and that is a weakness that Mi-joo will use to her advantage. And yes like @UnniSarah mention, Mi-joo definitely bought out her B-face today. Understandable she is feeling threaten knowing where Sung Joon feeling it (accept it and stop being in denial, woman!) Dong Hee already feel extremely guilty towards Sung Joon for the situation her brother caused and for Mi-joo to used Sung Joon to further that guilt in Dong Hee to force her to leave Sung Joon - definitely show her petty and jealous side. And given the situation around them, it definitely seem by the end of the episode tonight whereas Dong Hee mention feeling of liking someone - how it's a great feeling and she's a writer and know that love is unobtainable in drama and in reality therefore she'll let go of one (which I am sure she is going to reject Sung Joon, chosing to run away from her own feeling) But don't understand estimate Sung Joon, Dong Hee! He's not going to give up for sure.

And I am so happy that Sung Joon finally put a stop to Mi-joo advance. Five years has he show her no interest. Sure he see her as a woman however as a colleague, not someone he has feeling or like. And although Mi-joo tries to cut him off on talking about it and trying to guilt him for her 5 year crush on him as well as it being Christmas Eve, I am so glad that he tell her that he only see her as a colleague. I'm glad that he put an end to her feeling as I'm sure he knows how much it affect his relationship with Dong Hee. Before I don't think he care about the rumors because rumors will always be baseless rumors but given that it causes misunderstanding to Dong Hee, it seem he want to end it for his sake and Dong Hee. 

@Lyna ... I finally watched today's episode with subs and I got to agree with you chingu. The abuse Hye Joo has gotten from stepmother is so terrible and she is the reason her son is doing construction. Her selfishness pushed her hubby to take a job where he is not qualified to do physically. He is to timid and very weak. I wonder if he got trained on the safety precautions he has to take before choosing to work in a construction site. I laughed so much when Hyung Sub called his wife a witch. Jung Ae is realllllly selfish and evil. 

Cute couple but looking like a long haul multiple episodes of suffering for the in law couple. Sigh.

Actually liked today's episode by the way. All because of Jihoon. Man that mother of his is just so pathetic and self centred. Her bro in law has been injured and all she does is lie prostrate in bed and scream and make demands the rest of the time. The scene with Jihoon and the Keun omma ( sorry can't remember her name) made me tear up. She has more motherly concern in that short time compared to JH's other mother. JH seems to be responding better to love than just constant expectations. 

However can't find the scenes in the ending credits in the episode. Where was it? Of course I am talking about the younger couple. 

Guest AlexMao

I'll echo @ck1Oz comment about Hye Joo & Ji Hoon, it was still something of a mixed episode for me. Given that I thought this was probably the best scene of the episode: Sung Joon, Dong Hee and Ah In (the little wing girl):

i4WYl40.jpg

Hello Everyone Happy Belated Christmas..

I;m still trying to wrap my head around MJ giving DH money telling her to move out of the house SJ just told her he has no feelings for her how dare she come back on DH that he don't like her.. I see she running to the house filling there heads of liking him after she has been told.. I think SJ really needs to have a man to man with her father inb front of her face for her to get it.. No man like a woman that wants to control everything.. I think SJ better star sending out resumes else where because she's not going to give up as long as she thinks she could keep him attach to that company she'll have a chance with him..

Annyeong chingu's  

Just finished watching episode 14 and I have to this drama is progressing really well and the flow is awesome. Glad to see the rate up chingu @Vo Ki Trieu..These are great ratings for a weekend show. This drama reminds me of Come Jang Bo Ri they too had high ratings.

As @ck1Oz and @AlexMao said  the wonderful moment between Hye Joo and Ji Hoon. I must say I am very disgusted with Hee Soon. How can she be so self centered? She even made Ah In cry because Ji Hoon ran away from her . She thinks only if herself and sometimes I feel that's Chang Soo acts just like her. His obsession with food and her obsession is Ji Hoon. Hye Joo and Ji Hoon's hug was so memorable and their conversation gave JH so much relief. I felt so happy for him and eventually he will love to be hugged by Hye Joo. After watching the preview I started to hate Hee Sook again because she hasn't tried to understand JH or try to change. I wonder how could Chang Soo not try to get know JH. Instead he want  O bad mouth him to Hee Soo. Now he will be spying on JH  but eventually he is going to start wonder when will HS start giving him any kind of attention. Another thing why is CS eating food that isn't cooked???? Is he that hungry for food.  @AlexMao.... I loved that scene with SJ, Ah In and DH. They looked so cute together like a real family. 

OMO Omo 

MJ is very desperate and is in so much denial. What I found so funny is the fact she questions him and even know what is his answer is. Which makes me think during a five year span Mi Joo has really gotten to know him because of his chacon character but she has never been true to him chingu. He has never seeeeen a nasty Bi__ side which makes me so mad. I hate when only one person in a relationship is honest while the other one hides.  I think Mi Joo is truly nasty because the fact she chooses to manipulate Dong Hee for her own gain but because she has never been herself in front of Sung Joon unlike DH has always been honest to SJ. Like when she told SJ she was going to make a choice  between her dreams and love but  MJ was disgusted at her choosing the job over SJ, so to help DH in disgusting path she offered her money. smh smh shm Sadly Mi Jo has no idea that Don Hee told SJ her plan . Now all she is doing is adding more oil to fire that is already lit which will only blow up in her face . As she spoke to DH making  her feel so bad by insulting her is proof that she doesn't understand people who are poor. She doesn't understand some will do anything so they can survive. Not meaning committing illegal activities but choosing what is best for them and their families.

Guest AlexMao

@sava2sava I had a similar thought about Sung Joon having a chat with Mi Joo's father. He didn't seem to receptive of their relationship anyway, so I don't see him getting upset about Sung Joon rejecting his daughter. What is going to be an issue is the production company. It's in Mi Joo's hands, so if/when the rejection really sinks in she's going to turn into witch. As for the pay-off that the typical Korean drama way of things, give the opposing party enough money to "forget" or to "move-on". My biggest concern is how meek and very weak-willed Dong Hee is, so if anything we need Sung Joon to catch wind of this pay-off and tell Mi Joo once again that he has no interest in her.

@UnniSarah I'll chalk up Mi Joo behaviour to that oft used phrase "blinded by love", you see only the positives, the good and tend to go along with a lot of silly things your mind/heart/spirit would otherwise tell you "Wait a minute here..." Now Sung Joon is not innocent in any of this, if he didn't at least think of her as a woman (oy vey) and I'll say lead her on (take that with a grain salt) none of this would have happened or it wouldn't be as severe. 

Archived