@jakey09  This is Yang Se Jong (182 cm) and Shin Hye Sun (171.8) wearing high heels.

rqKjLtv.jpg

And L (180 cm) with Go Ara (170 cm) without high heels.

okhTJnT.jpg

I expected that SHS will wear high heels in 'One and Only Love' because she will play a role of rich girl.   So...she may look almost as tall as L  :P.  But I'm ok , as long as the chemistry comes out good :).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, immorethant said:

Shin Hye Sun keep fighting !  

lfuunsb.jpg

And biting !  :joy:

VgJx0xq.jpg

hl4y5TE.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Oh.. I just can't get enough of baseball pics.  :love:

NIojHTN.jpg 

Mi36bkh.jpg

k63PEFc.jpg

w3WtSs3.jpg

Ot5MHyC.jpg

Have a happy Valentine's day everyone !! :heart: :relaxed:

Time to change the desktop background...

• LOL 3

7 hours ago, jakey09 said:

I was wondering what exactly is SHS’s height?

Hello and WELCOME, @jakey09 !  Yes I think if there's any questions about SHS, this here is the right place on the web for English speaking fans - @immorethant is a SHS savant. :P We're very proud of her freak-level knowledge of all things SHS, down to 2mm precision in all her answers. :P

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

Time to change the desktop background...

I knew you couldn't stay away for long @kokkuri33 with such gorgeous baseball pics of you know who. I liked that you linked her baseball backroom video clip on your post in @Lmangla's thread. The BB BTS, yes!

EnchantingBoilingHermitcrab-size_restric

@immorethant did you get her kayaking pics from here: https://theqoo.net/square/1005558946

Since we're doing all retro pics lately, here's a high fiving one from there.

12 hours ago, immorethant said:

And biting !  :joy:

tumblr_pg96to1Ib51valxs7o3_r1_640.gif

Yes, she bites often. :w00t: 

Spoiler

tumblr_pg96to1Ib51valxs7o1_500.gif

Happy Valentine's Everyone!! :love:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

@immorethant did you get her kayaking pics from here: https://theqoo.net/square/1005558946

Yes @meechuttso  I got the old pics from that page :) .... also glad that most comments said she's such a natural beauty and looks the same then and now.

Two more bites. :joy:

You can't imitate her biting and eating. It's her special skill to make that cute and adorable, otherwise you may end up like this... (I'm just joking .. JJH's fan don't be mad at me :P)

:kiss_wink: Another one for Valentine's

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I knew you couldn't stay away for long @kokkuri33 with such gorgeous baseball pics of you know who. I liked that you linked her baseball backroom video clip on your post in @Lmangla's thread. The BB BTS, yes!

Those baseball pics are actually the best pics. There is no longer any need to take any additional pictures on this planet. Everyone should now focus on paintings and sculptures.

The bullpen video clips are crucial evidence that the Doosan Bears coaching staff should be held culpable for the unfortunate result of the SHS First Pitch. In the SHS fan letter, I will examine the best course of action for clearing SHS' name in this, the only blemish of her career. 

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, kokkuri33 said:

Everyone should now focus on paintings and sculptures.

:joy:  Really love this. LOL. 

Still in 'retro pics' mode. 

School 2013 BTS video , at the end of video they took graduation photos together. 

The one with short hair was the cutest girl of this class :kiss_wink:

At 0.35 she got emotional as it was her last day of school (and probably because it's her debut drama and at that time she might have no idea whether she will get a chance for more drama...:P:P:P...you'll never know the future...)

I think I've seen this photo before in some IG , but I just found the high quality image :w00t:

u48DHo1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Those baseball pics are actually the best pics. There is no longer any need to take any additional pictures on this planet. Everyone should now focus on paintings and sculptures.

The bullpen video clips are crucial evidence that the Doosan Bears coaching staff should be held culpable for the unfortunate result of the SHS First Pitch. In the SHS fan letter, I will examine the best course of action for clearing SHS' name in this, the only blemish of her career. 

Do we have video for this? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Hello and WELCOME, @jakey09 !  Yes I think if there's any questions about SHS, this here is the right place on the web for English speaking fans - @immorethant is a SHS savant. :P We're very proud of her freak-level knowledge of all things SHS, down to 2mm precision in all her answers. :P

Hey thank you for welcoming. 

Yes, I can see that. lol Well, you can expect more fans coming this way ... I feel people are just starting to discover her. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Was bored so just gonna share a random thought. :lol: Being a recent fan of Hye Sun and watching all her past work ... My first impression of hers is there seems to be greed in Sun Hye as an actor. Whatever role she got before achieving the lead ones ... it’s like whatever character she played before... she didn’t get to play enough of it for obvious reasons and wasn’t able to show enough of it to her fans.

She played a ballerina in OMG, now got a full-fletched lead role, playing a ballerina again. 

Played a prosecutor in Stranger but didn’t get to see her in court much or in action ... now she got a full-fletched role as attorney in Innocent. 

Her dream of being a chaebol in MGL got snatched away :lol: and then she had a lil stint in  TLOTBS so now she can fulfill that as well in her new upcoming show.

I guess what I’m trying to say is ... the woman isn’t afraid to go back and give her 100% to something she probably thought she wasn’t able to. I don’t see that honest quality in actors much. 

Also it seems like she gives less attention to IG, random reality shows appearances when filming. The woman seems all about work. I’m sure she is busy doing a lot behind the scenes right now... but it’s hard to find updates. lol

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@jakey09  Yes, I agree with you.  Because her lead career start late, so now she works non-stop to compensate for that past time.  I think Woo Seo-Ri's role is quite like herself in real life that even with all talents but she lost many years and now she's 30 just ending her 'intermission' and trying to pursue her dream.

When she played this scene and said 'I want my time back ' , she must think about her past too.

z3PKkMi.jpg

I think all those supporting roles and her tough past experiences are so precious for her.

The good thing being supporting actress is that you have chances to act in variety of roles (that makes her a versatile actress now).

And when you are in the set watching the main lead acting, from 3rd person point of view you can observe and learn how they act, see what's acting is ok and what's not ok, and imagine yourself what you will act if you play that role. (And later she may practice that role in her bathroom in front of mirror too).

So it's a also good learning experience that makes her become a very detailed actress.  :wub:

Enough for my rambling today. Time for an entertainment :P

I read many comments and discussions said that our Shin Hye Sun looks like Ji-Soo (Blackpink) ,  Chae-Young (Twice), Yeon-Woo (Momoland).  

I can't decide whether Shin Hye Sun looks similar to those idols or not. I already tried my best to find the close photos here for you all to judge for yourself.

But what make me so glad is that the way people compare her with idols of 24, 19 and 22 years old.  :blush:

(P.S. I have no intention to offense those idols, so their fan clubs please don't be mad at me. Your idols and our SHS are all great and pretty.)

Ji-Soo

i2NdJx2.jpg

Chae-Young

hgkDOmO.jpg

Yeon-Woo

eoBl5jN.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/14/2019 at 6:41 AM, immorethant said:

Two more bites. :joy:

On 2/14/2019 at 6:36 PM, jakey09 said:

Here’s an other bite. :lol:

This is just awesome. Although I've sort of been taking a breather while it's quiet, not watching any dramas, either, this place has never been happier for me as it is now, since we have such devoted and insightful fangirls and fanboyz now.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, jakey09 said:

Was bored so just gonna share a random thought. :lol: Being a recent fan of Hye Sun and watching all her past work ... My first impression of hers is there seems to be greed in Sun Hye as an actor. Whatever role she got before achieving the lead ones ... it’s like whatever character she played before... she didn’t get to play enough of it for obvious reasons and wasn’t able to show enough of it to her fans.

She played a ballerina in OMG, now got a full-fletched lead role, playing a ballerina again. 

Played a prosecutor in Stranger but didn’t get to see her in court much or in action ... now she got a full-fletched role as attorney in Innocent. 

Her dream of being a chaebol in MGL got snatched away :lol: and then she had a lil stint in  TLOTBS so now she can fulfill that as well in her new upcoming show.

I guess what I’m trying to say is ... the woman isn’t afraid to go back and give her 100% to something she probably thought she wasn’t able to. I don’t see that honest quality in actors much. 

Also it seems like she gives less attention to IG, random reality shows appearances when filming. The woman seems all about work. I’m sure she is busy doing a lot behind the scenes right now... but it’s hard to find updates. lol

This is a seriously astute and observant post! For a noob fan of SHS, you hit it on the nail, and articulated for us all here what she's about! I felt she was like Seo Jian a bit in real life, but never thought that she might have taken the Seori role becoz she's making up for lost time like her! Makes sense! That's totally her!  Thank you noob J-minion - you're already initiated, @jakey09!!!

And I just love that pic with Seori lying on her back on the ground at the park - where did u find that, @immorethant??

And did u make all the 3 idol compare side by side pics? Such pretty pics of all the gals. :wub:

Thank you for all the warm happy glowing gems you guys make here! :w00t:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, meechuttso said:

And I just love that pic with Seori lying on her back on the ground at the park - where did u find that, @immorethant??

I got from this blog   https://m.blog.naver.com/js2y86/221343140713 

Such a treasure , lots and lots of nice pics of every episode of 30but17 and Hymn of Death.

7 hours ago, meechuttso said:

And did u make all the 3 idol compare side by side pics? Such pretty pics of all the gals. :wub:

Yes, I did that, hope you enjoy it. :) 

(my 2nd rambling of the day, didn't expect but can't help myself after get involve in this discussion).

As @jakey09 pointed out first, it's also in my mind for a while too, thinking about how '30but17' is personal drama for our SHS. 

It's not only a healing drama for audience but as her said when she received SBS drama award that this drama also healed her and Seo-Ri's role was a gift for her. I agree that it healed her from all sadness and traumas that she's been encountered in her past experiences and in past dramas.

Below are examples of '30 but 17' healing magic.

Warm and happy family

- In 'My Golden Life' , Ji-An got a lot of pressure from her real family. Her real mother even lied to her. She was slapped by her sister and also had to abandon her artistic dream to work for support her family.  Then she moved to live with that Chaebol, they are all her family but everyone seems to be strangers. 

- In 'Hymn of Death', she took all the burden for her whole family, even sacrificed her life for their safety. 

Compared to 30but17, everyone in that house accepted and took care of Seo-Ri even they didn't know her.  All were strangers but lived as a family.

jLGSsaV.jpg

( A family of strangers)

Mb2q4mg.jpg

(From strangers became family)

Dream and career.

- You can compare this to her real life struggling to catch her dream, audition after audition, without agency, hoping to be chosen for a role, keep asking herself whether she's not good enough. :tears:  Even though at last she got the lead role, she had to do crying marathon for 52 episodes. 

- In 'Secret Forest', because Eun-Soo was a junior prosecutor, no one respected her and trusted her.

When Shi-Mok set up his team for the case, she wasn't asked to join. Finally she was invited to team dinner and it was the first time she felt valuable and accepted (we can see her first sweet smile in that scene). As she began to feel happy, then the next episode turned out to be her ending in this drama. :bawling:

She devoted her life to get this job to find out the truth and to get her revenge, but instead, she was used as a bait and a pawn in this game. 

- In 'My Golden Life', Seo Ji-An worked so hard on all the jobs she could find. She was fired from her job , was humiliated even by her boss's daughter, was cheated by her old school friend. She's so hopeless to find a good job because she didn't get a good grade.  Although in the end she found the job that she loved and had chance to study abroad from her father's life insurance money (so sad).

- In 'Hymn of Death' , ...another sad story , too much hurt for me to describe, too much pressure for a girl like Shim Deok.

SxAPGmS.jpg

(대체 얼마나 더 많은 눈물을 흘려야 ?  -  How many more tears do I have to shed ?   ** from 'Tears in My Heart'**)

On the other hand, '30but17' gave encouragement and inspiration on how we should find the thing we love to do and follow that dream, no matter how long it will take or how long of 'intermission' period we have been in (made you think of someone's life, right?  No surprise she acted so well in this scene, digging it out from her own experience). 

EBgh88e.jpg

(내 인생에 인터미션 - Intermission in my life)

In this drama, there's no one to pressure her on her career, she got all supports from her 'family'.  She got a nice guy who respect her decision.  Even she was fired in this drama too, but later she got a nice job and a nice boss who supported her (and shipped her and gave her 'Carlyn' bag :P), and didn't even cared about her educational degree .  

cEuJFIa.jpg

Love and a nice guy

Look back and compare how her character got mistreated and hurt by some male characters.

- In 'Oh My Ghost' , the guy who Eun-Hee married was the one who caused the accident, he killed other people just to cover the truth. 

Compared to '30but17', there's also an accident, but Woo-Jin (despite it's not his fault) felt guilty for life.  Also, the truck driver who actually caused the accident paid Seo-Ri's hospital bills and came to her to apologize.  

- In 'Secret Forest' ,  Eun-Soo always showed respect and gratefulness to Shi-Mok (even said out that she had good feeling for him) but she was yelled and reprimanded although sometimes she just tried to help or to thank him. She was used and finally was killed because someone just neglected to receive her phone.   Compared to '30 but 17', Seo-Ri might not have a mobile phone, but her guy always looked out and found her.  Every small thing she did was also appreciated.

dKrB0ez.gif

7ZKml4G.gif

In this scene in '30 but 17', Seo-Ri might just want to say on behalf of Eun-Soo in 'Secret Forest'  that although Shi-Mok had physical problem expressing his emotion, at least he should be able to show his manner to the girl who just want to thank him. 

JGUNkUk.jpg

(Instead of scolding someone about getting involved, a simple thank would do it !) 

Saying it out loud in '30but17' probably healed her (and myself as audience). Yes ! Woo Seo-Ri, you rock !.

0I7aZqr.jpg

(Her sincerity and how she respected him and his sister was enough to win his heart)

- 'My Golden Life' 

In this drama, there are so many reasons that made Ji-An and Do-Kyung's love so difficult. The different of their families.  His chaebol family didn't want her.  And he himself (at the beginning) just wanted to win her heart but wasn't willing to leave everything for her and didn't understand (until almost the end) why she was hurt so much and how re-discovery love in her job was so important to her to recover from past trauma. He just rushed and pushed her just for his own feeling.   

u3v9PXP.gif

(In MGL, she returned her necklace, in 30but17 she gave back her key ring. Different feel and meaning).

Compared with '30but17', Mr. Gong's family accepted Seo-Ri from the beginning despite she was a homeless , jobless and didn't graduate high school, (worse than Seo Ji-An). Even Woo-Jin's sister also approved her just seeing that her brother became a happier person because of this girl. Such an opened-mind and cute family. 

Mr. Gong always understood and respected her decision, he didn't even force her for marriage and willing to wait until she's ready and could reconcile with her past.  How wouldn't our SHS be comfort and smile when she read the script of this sweet Woo-Jin's character ? :kiss_wink:

LdmAeS9.jpg

That's the reason why Kim Sang-Min and Gong Woo-Jin got wedding scenes, because both were well deserved, LOL :joy:

And that's why I loved this drama so much after watching her past characters suffered a lot. It may be just a rom-com drama but its magic really healed me and SHS too.

(credit and many thanks to the owner of this blog that I used a lot of pics in this post, because those are so good telling stories).

• Love 1
  • Insightful 2

22 hours ago, jakey09 said:

She played a ballerina in OMG, now got a full-fledged lead role, playing a ballerina again. 

Played a prosecutor in Stranger but didn’t get to see her in court much or in action ... now she got a full-fledged role as attorney in Innocent. 

Not sure I agree here.

When SHS was "unknown actress #083189", she auditioned for available roles, shooting when she had availability.

Now, SHS is "Shin Hye Sun", and she chooses from available roles on offer, shooting when she has availability.

"Unfinished business" likely has little, if any, effect on SHS' decision-making process.

It feels more like a platitude that would be used in an interview, when the truth is uncomfortable/unprofessional to openly state:

Interviewer: "Why did you choose to be involved in "Innocent?"

SHS' truth: "I was available, and there was no reason not to."

YNK's desired response: "I wanted to challenge the role of an attorney again."

(SHS is very honest/straightforward, so SHS' actual response will often be a combination of the truth/YNK's answer.)

As for Instagram, SHS, particularly in the past year, has not been very active, regardless of her schedule.

Maybe,

1.  She is just not a big social media person.
  2.  She doesn't want to share elements of her personal life with strangers, for personal/safety reasons.
  3.  YNK has imposed specific guidelines on Instagramming.

Given that SHS (or YNK?) deleted many of her older Instagram posts ~ a year ago (?), I would guess that #3 is the biggest factor.

(It would be great if SHS IG'd more, in a safe manner, but I'm sure there are reasons the IG count is kept low.)

There are numerous qualities to praise SHS for, which is why she has a dedicated, growing fanbase.

But I don't really think "unfinished business" and "focusing on work over Instagram" narratives are among them.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

15 hours ago, immorethant said:

@jakey09  Yes, I agree with you.  Because her lead career start late, so now she works non-stop to compensate for that past time.  I think Woo Seo-Ri's role is quite like herself in real life that even with all talents but she lost many years and now she's 30 just ending her 'intermission' and trying to pursue her dream.

When she played this scene and said 'I want my time back ' , she must think about her past too.

But I don’t think her being 29 should be a problem. I’m thinking there are so many actresses that we grew up watching them in their 20s and they totally disappeared in their 30s after doing a show or two. At least we can count on Hye Sun on being active in her 30s. 

15 hours ago, immorethant said:

Enough for my rambling today. Time for an entertainment :P

I read many comments and discussions said that our Shin Hye Sun looks like Ji-Soo (Blackpink) ,  Chae-Young (Twice), Yeon-Woo (Momoland).  

I can't decide whether Shin Hye Sun looks similar to those idols or not. I already tried my best to find the close photos here for you all to judge for yourself.

But what make me so glad is that the way people compare her with idols of 24, 19 and 22 years old.  :blush:

(P.S. I have no intention to offense those idols, so their fan clubs please don't be mad at me. Your idols and our SHS are all great and pretty.)

Ji-Soo

i2NdJx2.jpg

Chae-Young

hgkDOmO.jpg

Yeon-Woo

eoBl5jN.jpg

I don’t think Hye Sun resembles any of them. She has a very unique face. 

• LOL 1
  • Insightful 1