[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

I really love how cute PBY is in this drama. She looks so young to be 27! I want to know more about Min-Hyuk's mother. Also, I wonder who those flowers were for in the beginning of episode 1... 

Does anyone else have the feeling that Goo Duk's girlfriend will be a future victim to that psychopath? 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, jina_bing_bang said:

Hey girl!!! I feel like it’s been a long time lol and excited you are watching this drama too. You sub drama’s?

We are going to have some fun fangirling naughty.png I don't sub dramas, I just feel bad for our subbers at viki having to read those "I demand you have this subbed yesterday" comments. 

On 2/25/2017 at 10:35 AM, ferily said:

Yes!! That's what I was thinking too, how he'll fall in love with her more when he finds out she was his hero :) And I already knew when he called her sexy outside of the police station, he already had a thing for her :wink:

Also Do Bong Soon brings up a good point in the preview about Gook Du... Why does he treat her so well when he already has a girlfriend...? Perhaps he just thinks of her as a real good friend and is overprotective?

I hope that he's just an overprotective friend that has a soft spot for her. He must feel guilty since it was on his watch that she was exposed to the psycho. I'm sure that Min Hyuk is getting on his nerves by telling him no he can't take Bong Soon w/him. I'm sure in Gook Do's mind Min Hyuk is obstructing a police matter. There's too much going on in this drama to have a love square between our otp, Gook Do and his girlfriend. I want to enjoy our otp's romance w/out the usual road blocks, we already have at least one dangerous psycho to deal with.

rDtVBOK.png?1

Omo just look at the way they are gazing into each other's eyes dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif We need more of these type of scenes. Theres no need to muck up the story w/too many lovelines.

@Yongzura  You can watch episode 0 subbed at viki

Hi :)

Interesting start...love our strong girl and both buys...very very handsome pair of guys...she's lucky one :)

Seems our police guy will realize some things to late...he seemed not interested  but at the end i'm not so sure

That guy abuser/killer is a bit creepy...hope he's not the one whos stalking president

Ajummas were a bit boring...except when they saw BS's boss :D the way they drooled over him was hilarious...don't blame them...he is an eye catcher right? :blush:

The fact that Min Hyuk managed to notice in just few days what Gook Doo haven’t in 10 years speaks volumes about who of the two men actually really looks at Bong Soon. Particularly when he tells her she treats her friend like a boss and vice versa, he really hits the nail on the head because normally it’s the boss to whom she should be showing that demure and polite facade she reserves for GD. It’s her friend who should have realized all these things about her, not her boss. 

5BIcM6s.jpg

Do Bong Soon is such an incredible girl and by some strange luck she’s inherited the best of her parents - her mother’s frankness and her father’s kindness which makes such a winning combination because she is adorably sassy, outspoken, quick-tempered, spontaneous and stubborn as hell. What makes her such an awesome heroine is that she is comfortable in her own skin; she accepts and likes her super strength even though she must hide it from people and it often brings her problems - it’s an inherent part of her and BS doesn’t want to lose it. 

She might be hiding her power but never her real self, except when she is around GD because she wants to be the kind of woman she thinks he wants instead of the woman she really is. GD clearly cares for BS deeply and thinks of her as a friend, but there is a certain superficiality in the cavalier way he always treats her. In his mind her role is reduced to being his weak friend that needs his protection. The thing is that ironically, it was BS who made him see her that way because she’s been putting on an act for the past 10 years. It’s a little unfair because he didn’t get the chance to fall in love with the real her because she has never showed it to him.

8wgoJfe.jpg

Meanwhile, Min Hyuk has been falling in love with her attitude, charm and sassiness and while he admires her strength for what it is, it’s actually Bong Soon herself and her character that make him fall for her.

RstABSU.jpg

I was wondering why MH hasn't told her yet he is not gay and let her go on with it .... but I guess in a way both of them need this misunderstanding, making it easier for them to get closed .... I don't think she will be so comfortable around him if she would be thinking in this phase that he is attrracted by her, not to speak to go to his place :-) thinking he is just gay and eccentric maybe is somehow protective and safe for her.... I wonder if she will begin liking him when she would be still thinking he is gay or bisexual and how will she cope with it ... also for him is still safe to play the gay card, cause also he is the fastest kdrama  character  to ask the girl to stay the night and to aknowledge he finds her sexy and attractive ( don't remember if I ever saw something like this in the first 2 episodes), I suspect he is somehow insecure or unfamiliar to show openly his intentions and feelings ...

I like AMH character... also he is the usual rich son of a messy chaboel family, with the so known fights for power and the common missing love, untrustful family's relationships, lost of a parent,leaving home, no friends, and so on , he is not at all the usual introvert, distant, traumatized, disorderly hero, who needs half a drama to realise his feelings, being the last one who realise his in love, keeps the girl at distance, needs a lot to open up, and is rather groomy, cold or aggressive ....

4 hours ago, crazyyo said:

I'm having a very bad second male syndrome! Sincerely praying it won't be a love triangle and he just likes her as a good friend (But he doesn't act like one!!!!) My poor heart! Jisooooah!

Unfortunately its gonna be a typical love triangle :(

15 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

His cool snap habit :D

I notice his snap habits, too! Lol! Too amazing :D

14 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Park Bo Young & Park Hyung Sik Fashion in SWDBS

I love their fashion style in this drama :heart: Sometimes they wear ton sur ton with each other :blush:

Wow! It's the Park Park Fashion! I am really looking forward to their fashion in their drama. 

And DAEBAK on the ratings! First two episodes only and it's already high! :thumbsup: Looking forward to more great episodes and ratings.

I hope that it's not family that is threatening them, like I don't like the twist of it being her brother, but I do have a feeling somehow it's Park Hyung Sik's side of the family. His side is still a mystery and not much hasn't been mention besides his father. 

Welcome back @leekyuphii :wink: Glad to see you pop into this thread.

Thanks @bebebisous33 for tagging me to  on your post. I love reading them. But before I get serious let me call @siena407 and perhaps any other SJ fans.  Choi Si Won was called to be DBS bodyguard. I found this funny as technically speaking the real CSW is serving his military duty as a police officer. ahaaah-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286248

Spoiler

5ebf0d9385375d38876e39686c589150.png

Cant wait for his return too :tongue:

KGEMsIBJ.jpg

Back to the drama, I initially thought that DBS neighbourhood crime was related to MH stalker threats. Now it seems that they arent related or that its perhaps to early to tell. Its seems there's the MH stalker and Dong Bong Gu Psycho killer

From MH theory he thinks that the killer and the one whom abducted the bride are the same person. The 1st victim was an accidental murder where she struggled and he accidentally killed her because he wasnt used to using a knife. This makes me believe that perhaps he/she isnt a doctor though I wouldnt rule it out since they were easily walking in and out of that hospital with so much ease. I just hope its not BS twin brother.. I dunno his giving me a creepy vibe. 

BTW did anyone spot another victim in the killers dungeons. Or is that a mirage for the killer.  There's a hand banging/ knocking the window for help. Also the surroundings appears to have clothes hangers and mannequins so maybe its a old factory for a clothing line. Let's keep a lookout for the killer working perhaps a fashion industry. 

Spoiler

7196117937a760f0290714676b31efec.png

4e43b5ebfc4f0cf664b0ee59b3e41db5.png

As for MH stalker, I see some goofiness in him already. Hahaha! seriously why make death threats in the middle of the night and constantly calling MH when he ignores his calls. Ha!  I bet his already cursing MH for his sas. I love it though.

35cd869152e0aa4221c34f0127e9b8c7.gif

Somehow I agree this stalker is as MH puts it an "amateur" in not only I.T but as a person. Makes me wonder if its them -

Spoiler

1eaebd602eba214cbfcad29faabd1a05.png vs

4078c607fc7b717b4eed6586957df7cc.png

Love the hair and if they are gangsters and suppose to look all bad well sorry I dont think so. Im laughing just looking at the pics. It's Manger Jang in Romantic Doctor. Kekeke! t I just still cant get over his character and have yet to picture him as someone serious or a threat to anyone. 

3 hours ago, emiry32 said:

I really love how cute PBY is in this drama. She looks so young to be 27! I want to know more about Min-Hyuk's mother. Also, I wonder who those flowers were for in the beginning of episode 1... 

Does anyone else have the feeling that Goo Duk's girlfriend will be a future victim to that psychopath? 

No! :ph34r: But now that you mention it, it could be very possible and I'm not looking forward to this!

3 hours ago, evie7 said:

Omo just look at the way they are gazing into each other's eyes dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif We need more of these type of scenes. Theres no need to muck up the story w/too many lovelines.

If you have a girl like her in front of you treating your wounds, believe me, there is no other way to look at this beauty of a girl. :D

1 hour ago, cmkc109 said:

Unfortunately its gonna be a typical love triangle :(

I'm afraid that you're probably right. <_<

Hello @tianaa dear! We're on the same thread again. Wah are you threading on dangerous ground here ? Wink ! I like. I hv to say our 1st lead is extremely drool worthy too & seems like a good match for our strong gal. But I understand your feelings. Ji Soo is giving me all the feels as well. 

And hi @zagigirl happy to see you here. I was just wondering if you were planning to watch this. 

16 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Park Hyung Sik trend no.3 on Naver's Real-time search ranking at 12:08 AM KST (17.02.26)

Go go boy !!! :D:D:D

Oh my gosh, it's nice to see Park hyung Sik trending on Naver :D He is getting more recognition now!

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

last times it was Monday come faster lols....now i cant sit still cause i want 'FRIDAY' to come faster :D 

Haha yes same with me! First it was with Hwarang on Mondays and Tuesdays now it's Strong Woman Do Bong Doon on Friday and Saturdays! :wub:

4 hours ago, emiry32 said:

I really want to know more about Min Hyuk's past as I mentioned before. Maybe he was visiting his mother in the beginning of episode 1?

Also I honestly won't be surprised if she becomes a future victim :o

2 hours ago, briseis said:

The fact that Min Hyuk managed to notice in just few days what Gook Doo haven’t in 10 years speaks volumes about who of the two men actually really looks at Bong Soon. Particularly when he tells her she treats her friend like a boss and vice versa, he really hits the nail on the head because normally it’s the boss to whom she should be showing that demure and polite facade she reserves for GD. It’s her friend who should have realized all these things about her, not her boss.

Do Bong Soon is such an incredible girl and by some strange luck she’s inherited the best of her parents - her mother’s frankness and her father’s kindness which makes such a winning combination because she is adorably sassy, outspoken, quick-tempered, spontaneous and stubborn as hell. What makes her such an awesome heroine is that she is comfortable in her own skin; she accepts and likes her super strength even though she must hide it from people and it often brings her problems - it’s an inherent part of her and BS doesn’t want to lose it. 

She might be hiding her power but never her real self, except when she is around GD because she wants to be the kind of woman she thinks he wants instead of the woman she really is. GD clearly cares for BS deeply and thinks of her as a friend, but there is a certain superficiality in the cavalier way he always treats her. In his mind her role is reduced to being his weak friend that needs his protection. The thing is that ironically, it was BS who made him see her that way because she’s been putting on an act for the past 10 years. It’s a little unfair because he didn’t get the chance to fall in love with the real her because she has never showed it to him.

Meanwhile, Min Hyuk has been falling in love with her attitude, charm and sassiness and while he admires her strength for what it is, it’s actually Bong Soon herself and her character that make him fall for her.

Ah yes I agree! One thing I love about Do Bong Soon and Ahn Min Hyuk relationship is that DBS is open with him and has nothing to hide from him. She acts like her true self and show her strength towards him while with In Gook Doo, she acts a kind, sweet and innocent girl and doesn't reveal her true strength to him. And the best part about this is that AMH falls in love with DBS's true personality and with her attitude, sassiness, and charisma. AMH is aware of DBS superpower strength and immediately knew that she likes In Gook Doo. On the other hand, Gook Doo is unaware of DBS's feelings but still treats her well. (Of course he is going to fall for her in the later episode) And he sees the polite and cutesy side of her.

3 minutes ago, triplem said:

Hello @tianaa dear! We're on the same thread again. Wah are you threading on dangerous ground here ? Wink ! I like. I hv to say our 1st lead is extremely drool worthy too & seems like a good match for our strong gal. But I understand your feelings. Ji Soo is giving me all the feels as well. 

And hi @zagigirl happy to see you hear. I was just wondering if you were planning to watch this. 

Hi 2 you 2 chingu! I like both PHS and JS...great young actors...not to say to good looking :blush:

I understand both of you girls...but as much as i like JS too..here seems will be on president side coz our cop doesn't pay attention to BS ...whats with that 'just childhood friends' atitude?!?...no way he can't see she likes him as a guy <sulk>

When he realizes what he missed and become sad...i'll take him :tongue:

4 hours ago, cmkc109 said:

Wouldn't the police send someone to protect the witness then? 

True enough. They never mentioned anything about him getting one (like they did for BS). I think the witness also said something like it was hard to see details since it was so dark? But of all the things why mention the killer had big feet, something they kinda highlight during the initial crime scene scene. For many crime shows it's usually the most obviously least obvious person. I just hope it's not BS's brother since that would be way too weird lol

26 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Hi 2 you 2 chingu! I like both PHS and JS...great young actors...not to say to good looking :blush:

I understand both of you girls...but as much as i like JS too..here seems will be on president side coz our cop doesn't pay attention to BS ...whats with that 'just childhood friends' atitude?!?...no way he can't see she likes him as a guy <sulk>

When he realizes what he missed and become sad...i'll take him :tongue:

Oh I agree that OTP is meant for each other. And PHS is hot - one of the reasons I started watching. I didn't like The friendzoning that JS did as well. Plus I hope they will develop a bit more of that pretty cellist gf he's with. But watching JS in this role is like a revelation, lol! ( like how NJH struck me in Fairy) :lol: I'll keep him for myself. 

------------------

the OTP

Me  & my new found crush.. how many more oppas should I add to my list ..

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have been thinking about the creepy caller. Maybe he just wants the game to be removed from the market because of DBS and he is using different tactics in order to put AMH under pressure.. We know that AMH created the computer game CoA inspired by DBS' intervention. Notice that the caller called during the night and hacked the computer system during the night as well. Why? Maybe due to his schedule... Hence I have been wondering if BG, DBS's sibling, is the one involved with the threads (calls and hacking) because he is an internist or medical student as such his schedule is different from the normal working people. But okay, that's just a supposition. His motive would be to protect his sister as he is afraid that once her special powers are revealed, she might become a target. This would explain the kidnapping. On the other hand, the thread coming from the family might use the caller's threads as a way to cover their own crime. Once AMH is killed, the police would investigate the origin of the thread calls and the creepy caller would be used as scapegoat. If there is no other thread, his family would become the prime suspect because of his position as heir and his wealth.

Anyone here reads Proust's "À la recherche du temps perdu" (Remembrance of Things Past)? In it, there is a character 'Albertine'... and that brings me to this...

I have a theory why the caller wants Chronicles of Albertine (CoA) out of the market:  CoA may contain truths about a crime in (Min-Hyeok's) past that may have gone cold/unsolved or mishandled by the police. Whatever deduction or conclusion Min-Hyeok had about the crime went unheeded so he'd put it out there through his game. And now, the perpetrator is catching on.

Just a theory...

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@penelop3 Even if he was just a teenager and high school student, he was already a thread to his other half-siblings because his father already intented that later he starts working for his company. The other half-siblings had no idea that AMH would create his own game and own company.

I have been thinking about the creepy caller. Maybe he just wants the game to be removed from the market because of DBS and he is using different tactics in order to put AMH under pressure.. We know that AMH created the computer game CoA inspired by DBS' intervention. Notice that the caller called during the night and hacked the computer system during the night as well. Why? Maybe due to his schedule... Hence I have been wondering if BG, DBS's sibling, is the one involved with the threads (calls and hacking) because he is an internist or medical student as such his schedule is different from the normal working people. But okay, that's just a supposition. His motive would be to protect his sister as he is afraid that once her special powers are revealed, she might become a target. This would explain the kidnapping. On the other hand, the thread coming from the family might use the caller's threads as a way to cover their own crime. Once AMH is killed, the police would investigate the origin of the thread calls and the creepy caller would be used as scapegoat. If there is no other thread, his family would become the prime suspect because of his position as heir and his wealth.

@bebebisous33 I really really hope not. I hope it's not DBG! He seems like a very kind and loving bro. :o

43 minutes ago, allegramente said:

Anyone here reads Proust's "À la recherche du temps perdu" (Remembrance of Things Past)? In it, there is a character 'Albertine'... and that brings me to this...

I have a theory why the caller wants Chronicles of Albertine (CoA) out of the market:  CoA may contain truths about a crime in (Min-Hyeok's) past that may have gone cold/unsolved or mishandled by the police. Whatever deduction or conclusion Min-Hyeok had about the crime went unheeded so he'd put it out there through his game. And now, the perpetrator is catching on.

Just a theory...

@allegramente Oh this is interesting theory. I've been wondering why would anyone want to get a game off the market, aside from the competitors - no one would have the motive. But cannot tell what it is from what I've seen at the glimpses of the game so far.

Archived