[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, dhakra said:
11 hours ago, triplem said:

the OTP

This really seems to run deep within girls. I will underline the note two times so make sure to use this information in the future. Just drop it randomly while in conversation. 

Not just girls....It's an actual word, it's in the dictionary ....:lol:...

One True Pairing, used to describe a relationship in fiction texts (or sometimes real life) that you want to happen/ think works well together. However I think that Only Tears and Pain is a better definition.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OTP

So you  can also use if the relationship goes downhill!

@sava2sava..happy to read that you are enjoying the show...

Hello @stargazer187...did you see the post where they compared Bok Joo (WLFKBJ) with Bong Soo's mum? :lol:

7 hours ago, ferily said:

I was watching the recent Running Man episode that came out today (This episode was filmed last Sunday) and Lee Kwang Soo called Park Bo Young at 3 am!! Lee Kwang Soo asked her what she was doing up late and she said that she was filming! Looks like PBY is still filming for Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, so I guess they haven't finished up filming the drama yet.. I thought the drama was already 100% pre-produced, but I guess not!

@ferily Hahaha watched that ep too. So funny, everybody keeps repeating.. "The best udon is in Mabo"!

But wait, I'm confused... PBY is not at Paju filming SWDBS right? I tot this is a pre-produced drama which means they must have ended filming long time ago. No? :o

Saw this impressive article on SWDBS... read..

First Impressions: “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon”

strong-woman-do-bong-soon-poster.jpg

JTBC’s newest drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” stars Park Bo Young, Park Hyung Sik, and Ji Soo. I was already on board when I first heard about this drama, mainly because I wanted to find a new story to gush over after falling in love with “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo.” And while Do Bong Soon is just as sweet and strong (if not more…) as Kim Bok Joo, her story is substantially different, in a good way.

If you’re looking for something hilarious and adorkable mixed in with some freaky thriller, this drama is for you!

Warning: Contains spoilers

The plot

“Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” features Park Bo Young as the titular heroine who is born with incredible strength and is hired to be the bodyguard of Ahn Min Hyuk (Park Hyung Sik), the CEO of a game company. Things get tricky when an unexpected murder happens in her small neighborhood of Dobong-dong, bringing her long-time crush In Gook Doo (Ji Soo) to her aid as they try to keep up with the recent events.

Strong-Woman-Do-Bong-Soon2-768x422.png

Quirky characters

First of all, the characters in this drama are wacky. But in the best way possible.

Do Bong Soon

Spoiler

Park-Bo-Young1.png

Do Bong Soon is a young woman whose cute demeanor is immediately offset by her up-front attitude and Herculean strength. I love that she’s not your typical “Candy” character. She’s strong, confrontational, and adorable at the same time. It’s pretty awesome to see Park Bo Young display some super human strength in such a cute way.

Park-Bo-Young-3.gif

Park-Bo-Young-2.gif

Ahn Min Hyuk

Spoiler

Park-Hyung-Sik1-540x295.png

Park Hyung Sik is amazing as Ahn Min Hyuk because he effortlessly goes from hilarious to serious to everything else in a split second. Almost every word that comes out of his mouth makes me burst out laughing. He’s like an unpredictable beagle

Park-Hyung-Sik-3.gif

tumblr_olyss9913J1rv0zsvo3_500.gif

In Gook Doo

Spoiler

Ji-Soo1-768x428.png

Then there’s Ji Soo, who really shines as In Gook Doo. He’s a total tsundere, aka rough on the outside, sweet on the inside. And while tsundere characters have a tendency to seem moody and angsty, this drama portrays In Gook Doo as a character who is unintentionally funny because he’s so serious compared to everyone else. It also helps that Ji Soo looks really good as a police officer.

Ji-Soo-1.gif

Ji-Soo.gif

Surprising thriller

Spoiler

Watching this drama the night it premiered freaked me out because I was so NOT ready for the thriller elements. Do Bong Soon’s neighborhood goes into a shock when a young woman is murdered in the area. The first episode was already tense with the threats to Park Hyung Sik and an attack on a woman, but when we actually see the killer later on, that’s when things gets downright freaky. And as scary as it is to watch this at night, the fast-paced thriller elements are making me anxious to see what happens next.

Park-Bo-Young-1-768x427.png

Final thoughts

Spoiler

This drama sort of feels like a superhero’s coming-of-age story (or so I hope). With great use of music, visual effects, and intense flashbacks, the cast and crew are doing a great job so far in making me curious to know more about Do Bong Soon and her amazing strength.

Park-Bo-Young.gif

I want her to be a superhero so bad…

I’m also really loving the attention to detail when it comes to character quirks and hilarious dialogue. And while the drama feels a little confusing with its sudden change in tone (it goes from cute to scary real fast), it keeps me on my toes, which is exciting. It’s like a hybrid drama where romantic-comedy meets action meets dark thriller, and I am loving it so far.

Par-Hyung-Sik-Ji-Soo.gif

What do you think of Strong Woman Do Bong Soon? Let us know in the comments!

Spoiler

is shooting still going on of SWDBS because i saw this in atrticle about 26th feb broadcast of running man.

While the other cast members were resigned to the fact that it was unlikely anyone would pick up right away since it was 3 a.m. KST in the morning, Lee Kwang Soo suddenly said, “I think Park Bo Youngshould still be awake.”

In order to ensure their success, he cleverly texted her first to instruct her on what to say. Since the cast members were tasked with eating udon noodles, Lee Kwang Soo sent her a message asking her to direct them to Mapo District, which was close by to their current location.

Thankfully, Park Bo Young picked up, and explained that she was still awake because she was at Paju in Gyeonggi Province, supposedly filming for “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” (according to the show’s resident giraffe). Immediately, Lee Kwang Soo asked, if she had seen his message, and then insisted she had to when Park Bo Young replied she hadn’t.

But waiting for Friday night seems so right!! I love it that it's a weekend drama :D Waiting for sub version and watch it on Saturday and Sunday is perfect!! 

I don't really like the villain here. It's creepy!! Saw some guessing the villain could be DBS brother. But if it's her brother, she should recognize his voice when he took the victim from the hospital room. 

AMH is also quite complex person. It gave me chills also when he said that he wanted to be culprit in his younger days. IGD is so straight person. Totally naive that DBS is actually a strong woman. 

Still wondering with the gossiping ahjummas. Seems that DBS mom is not getting along with IGD mom.

Hi to all my chingudeul from Hwarang thread and nice to meet new chingudeul in this thread as well and hope we have fun time in here together!! :) 

I checked on scenes of this drama when it 1st aired and watched the full episodes yesterday and it was a fun and interesting watch!! for now my favorite part in the drama is Min Hyuk!! he's adorably weired leaving me laughing out loud and speachless to his reactions!! :lol: really how can a person tell the one threatening him to let him sleep and call him when he's awake so his threats can be scary?!! I knew I'd LOVE him from that moment!! :lol: what makes him think he can win against Bong Soon who is superhumanly strong?!! :lol: his reation when she told him she wants to work for his company because it's a good company!! really if bosses hire employees who think their company is a good one there will be no unemployees left!! :lol: and seing her sexy when she left without even saying "thank you" but actually calling him out for not doing what a man should do in time of need is funny and interesting!! :wink:  he can be recless and sound unconsiderate thinking of his safety above others but he's actually a caring person who wouldn't wish harm for those protecting him and he's a self-made-depending person who can/have the will to fight his fight heads on which I love!! and he used to dream to be a "culprit" when he was young?!! that's interesting!! :smirk: and Park Hyung Sik is doing a great job in showing the different sides of his character and making him interesting!! :wub:

I loved Ji Soo and his role as serious determinate young cop!! I can see why Bong Soon is all heart eyes for him though he's super cold that leaves me :blink: good thing he smiled a little his girlfriend or I would have pulled him in to teach him how to smile!! :tongue: hhhhh but we will see more sides of him the more we go on the drama so that's fine and we can see him really care for his friend Bong Soon even if most of the time he only act as one with no much words but actions speakes louder than words so he's forgiven!! 

Bong Soon!! I like her, she's cute, and strong and speek her mind to everyone but her crush for sure hhhh I know that I'll love but I'm not in that phase yet, I'm more into the boys and Min Hyuk mostly!! 

on the theories part:

1- I have a feeling that Min Hyuk hating cops and dreaming og becoming a culprit as young is related to his mother's death!! either she was killed and cops coulding catch her murderer or/and protect her on their watch making him wanting to be a culprit to catch her murderer himself or she used to be a cop herself who died on her police duty and didn't lissten to the advice!! 

2- I think that psycho kidnapper is actually the witness himself!! that witness was suspecious from the second they said there is a witness and his phisycal traits are common to the kidnapper we saw in the hospital even his voice looked similar to me!! 

final note: I loved the OST :wub: and the BGM they used in the intens moments is awesome!! I really loved it!! 

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

hahaha... I love that scene. When they first looks so gloomy seeing their ahjussi driver being powerlessly hit and kicked by those thugs, and again another noona shows up and she ends up the same. But when the time's up. And BS starts transforming into Ms. Avenger throws and fly those men up high like a rocket and pyungg.... maneuvering down to the big tank of water, the kids are celebrating in joy. lololol. 

Yes @stargazer187 In there eyes she's a real super hero they unni.. What I found hilarious was how he made those innocent children out to be liars when they all told the same story and blame it on the kindergarten systems.. :lol: But what was so obivious is that the police couldn't believe for the life of them that this small girl was capable of all this.. I tell you even they kidnapper hasn't been back so It's going to be really interesting what she'll do to him.. I'm looking forward to that good laugh.. 

Park-Bo-Young-2.gif

9 hours ago, ferily said:

Oh I didn't even notice that Park Hyung Sik was wearing the same clothes at 1N2D while filming for SWDBS! They were filming for the drama even when PHS guested on 1N2D and are still filming right now :o I thought they would've finished by now since they started filming in October, but then again it takes about 5 months to film a drama... I just was surprised that Lee Kwang Soo called PBY and she said they were still filming the drama since the recent Running Man episode was filmed last Sunday..

The drama is partially-preproduced. I think they must have finished filming 10-12 episodes at this point. 16-episode dramas take AT LEAST 3 and half months to shoot (just production/filming alone) and that's only the dramas with the most demanding liveshooting schedule (where actors get barely 2 hours to sleep each day and often end up on IV drips due to exhaution). And the filming of SWDBS didn't start in October but on 20.11.2016. And it's obvious that the drama doesn't have such crazy filming schedule as other shows (of course they film sometimes over the night but that's neccesary for scenes that take place during the night) considering that PHS spend a lot of time doing promotion for Hwarang in December and Trolls in January, PBY had public appearances and photoshoots, too, and Ji Soo only yesterday made a suprise visit at NJH's fanmeeting - that wouldn't be simply possible if they would be filming at the pace as liveshot drama. Personally, I think they will be filming until the middle or end of March. Regarding PHS's jacket, in winter each actor has this super warm jacket with the sponsor ads on it because they need to keep themselves warm in-between the takes; you might notice that he wears it regularly in all the SWDBS in-between-takes BTS. 

I7gZ76M.png

The director mentioned during the press conference that they have filmed 2/3 of the drama. He also mentioned that for regular dramas, they have a second unit filming but for SWDBS, they only have one unit doing all the filming. That maybe one of the reasons why they are taking so long to film.

More pics cr weibo

005XD96fgy1fd5e4p0vypj31f02io4qp.jpg005XD96fgy1fd5b6r5rqrj30ku0q1djb.jpg

Spoiler

006ijzCwgy1fd5dqiuj9uj30nm0damyj.jpg005XD96fgy1fd5e4p4o7aj30qo1bewqd.jpg

13 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

Last week i'm looking forward to Monday and now i just want Friday come quicky lol :rolleyes: (PHS really makes me no time to rest lmao :D)

Read everyone's theory make me so excited ^_^ I'm really want to see the emotion side, the past of AMH & the romantic between my OTP. And the kisses, of course lol B) Recent Kdramas trendy often have kisses very early. Should we guess when my OTP will have 1st kiss :wub: ? With the fast pace like ep 1 + ep 2, I hope we'll see kiss in the end of ep 4 hahaa :lol:

I notice that this is the sweater that AMH is wearing when he got drunk with GD and passed out in a bar - DBS has to carry them both. So maybe this scene is what follows after that?
Hopefully it's coming sooon!! 

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Not just girls....It's an actual word, it's in the dictionary ....:lol:...

One True Pairing, used to describe a relationship in fiction texts (or sometimes real life) that you want to happen/ think works well together. However I think that Only Tears and Pain is a better definition.  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OTP

So you  can also use if the relationship goes downhill!

Well I think we have a little misunderstanding here. I wasn't talking about the term "OTP", I well aware of its meaning, I actually was relating it to the pictures you posted below it. But you know, since you aren't allowed to quote pictures I had to take the few words you wrote down. I should have made it more clear. Well, it happened. :D 

I'm really excited how much love this drama receives already, we are only two episodes down in the drama and this thread is so full of life and literally explodes with theories. I love it!

19 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

I notice that this is the sweater that AMH is wearing when he got drunk with GD and passed out in a bar - DBS has to carry them both. So maybe this scene is what follows after that?
Hopefully it's coming sooon!! 

Yes, I've noticed it too. I think the scene with MH and GD is what BS dreams/imagines is happening (because she thinks MH is gay and because of what happened in the bar - which probably happened simply because drunken people do crazy/stupid things)

tumblr_ollhmifoAI1s8t96qo2_540.jpg

while THIS IS WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

p2BkMAV.png

3 hours ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

P.S : Pls. give full proper credit when re-posting my work. Thank you!

Nice work! Do you take special request? If you are free can you do some solo ones of bb JiSoo and  of hottie PHS? :heart:

1 hour ago, dhakra said:

Well I think we have a little misunderstanding here. I wasn't talking about the term "OTP", I well aware of its meaning, I actually was relating it to the pictures you posted below it. But you know, since you aren't allowed to quote pictures I had to take the few words you wrote down. I should have made it more clear. Well, it happened. :D 

Lol! Ok obviously something got lost in translation. 

1 hour ago, Era Ferawati said:

:heart:

Sr.dc

@sakura2016 welcome, glad you're here too:grin:

thank you for your welcome chingu!! :D

30 minutes ago, i.am.bugz.funny said:

NOW WE KNOW...

hhhhhhh sorry but that's where our money goes!! :lol: but it's worth it for handsome man like him!! :tongue: 

DRAMA RECAPS

Strong Woman Do Bong-soon: Episode 2

by CandidClown | February 27, 2017 | 6 Comments

strongwoman02-00038.jpg

Strong Woman Do Bong-soon takes a bit of a darker turn than most of us might have imagined for a second episode. I’ll be the first to admit that I was expecting a purely light and fluffy romcom, so this criminal undertone is a bit surprising. But then, every Superman needs a Lex Luthor, and Bong-soon is certainly strong enough to warrant her own uber villain… just as long as she has her plucky CEO sidekick there to bicker with her.

35_bongsoon1.jpg

Episode 2: “A Criminal’s Mind”

read here: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/strong-woman-do-bong-soon-episode-2/

12 hours ago, evie7 said:

GD is quite the catch to have 2 woman and 1 man after him lololo. MH is being very naughty letting her think he' s gay. He is taking advantage of her asking her to stay the night. I love it that he is already getting jealous of GD. If she starts to act the way shes for GD to MK, he will be happy but he's going to give her a hard time about it. He just better watch out because when she finds out he's not gay, he will have some splaining to do. It's good to see you around. I always love reading your insights:D

agree!!!!! GD is quite catch...he can attract both genders very well....even the one whom attracted to him are handsome and beautiful..bravo bravo!!!!!! i love reading your insights too...kinda waiting to that time when all misunderstanding about gay being clear later, how hilarious DS expression will be...hahahahahaha...i kinda imagining her shock face now..i love naughty MH for letting BS think he is gay, while he never said it, it just BS assumption..but yeah he just play with it, lets play......such a ceo game mind, everything is a game to play..

wow so many updates while i was away.....and so many posts to read too...just have a time to read it one by one carefully.

12 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

[17.02.27] BTS SWDBS filming !! They went to the park ? A date :wub: ? Super cute couple :D

Reveal hidden contents

Cre: DC

10 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

Sr.dc 

thank you so much for the BTS pics...kyaaaaaaa amusement park date...so exciting to see this scene later, i think every scenes BS and MH already like dating scene..hahahahahaha, why this drama always remembering me to kim bokjoo, even this amusement date, like JH and BJ date too, being spoiled at that time..but yeah im happy i love both drama, i love spoiler,as long as that the happy moment not the spoiler about the creepy ones in this drama..hahaha 

12 hours ago, sebastian27 said:

I especially like the way they introduced PHS's character... MH.. 

the reaction to that call in the middle of the night was both hilarious and sobering.

He was more annoyed at his disturbed sleep that the threat of the caller....  :D

high five!!!!!i have same reaction too...its so unique how they introduce MH characters, and i will remember it for a long time and thats makes me fall to her character at that first scene i saw him..heol, this man really something, he just so different than other hero characters, yes, he was more annoyed at the caller, and even nagging to the caller..hahahaha hilarious. and i love how he always talk back to the caller, never show he also scared at that moment. yeah thats how AMH is..

9 hours ago, tianaa said:

this @triplem @bebebisous33 and all swag fairies here

cr to the owner

cant stop laughing at this 

OMG.....cant stop laughing when see this pic,,,i never thought about it before..and after see this pic yes, the three ahjummas like the future bokjoo and her swag friends. even the characters kinda matching too...hahahahahaha.im surprised when realized it. oh god, i think i will see more comparison in future

2 hours ago, briseis said:

Yes, I've noticed it too. I think the scene with MH and GD is what BS dreams/imagines is happening (because she thinks MH is gay and because of what happened in the bar  which probably happened simply because drunken people do crazy/stupid things)

while THIS IS WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING

image.gif heol....i never noticed it...thanks for letting me know about it...hahahahahahahaha, how wild BS imagination....while the truth is...ah the last pictures makes me flutters in the middle of the night....

19 hours ago, arabela said:

I was wondering why MH hasn't told her yet he is not gay and let her go on with it .... but I guess in a way both of them need this misunderstanding, making it easier for them to get closed .... I don't think she will be so comfortable around him if she would be thinking in this phase that he is attrracted by her, not to speak to go to his place :-) thinking he is just gay and eccentric maybe is somehow protective and safe for her.... I wonder if she will begin liking him when she would be still thinking he is gay or bisexual and how will she cope with it ... also for him is still safe to play the gay card, cause also he is the fastest kdrama  character  to ask the girl to stay the night and to aknowledge he finds her sexy and attractive ( don't remember if I ever saw something like this in the first 2 episodes), I suspect he is somehow insecure or unfamiliar to show openly his intentions and feelings ...

11 hours ago, evie7 said:

GD is quite the catch to have 2 woman and 1 man after him lololo. MH is being very naughty letting her think he' s gay. He is taking advantage of her asking her to stay the night. I love it that he is already getting jealous of GD. If she starts to act the way shes for GD to MK, he will be happy but he's going to give her a hard time about it. He just better watch out because when she finds out he's not gay, he will have some splaining to do. It's good to see you around. I always love reading your insights:D

I'm thinking, with MH's personality, he's the kind of guy that doesn't give a damn about the rumours circulating around him. Even if he is bi or not, I don't think he cares much about people judging him for it. Which I say "Go Min Hyuk!" to! ^_^

I just wanna mention too how I love that they dwelve a little into the gaming world. They could absolutely do it even further, but as someone mentioned earlier, it's not like the Lucky Romance lead who just had it as a job as it was never mentioned again. And come on, how often have you actually seen a girl in a drama who in very interested in video games and goes to the PC bang regularily? ♥♥♥ Represent

Archived