[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

Sorry but to me, even though I like the actor Ji Soo, I don't like his character GD. I have no problem with an uptight character, but the writers have turned him into becoming too self righteous countered by a hypocritical flaw: PERSONAL GREED. He has a "ideal" girlfriend but can't let go of another girl, Bong Soon. That's why he gets jealous when she's with another guy & masks that jealousy with his "over protection" & patriarchal attitude towards her. 

Sorry buddy, talking down to her like a useless child does not make you sweet nor a good friend. There's a fine line between giving honest, encouraging, & motivational speeches to you're friend and then there's just being plain IRRITATING. :angry:  Even Bong Soon is starting to realize this which was why she was pissed off at him at the hospital. Based on the previews for episode 5, Min Hyuk can see that too and confronted GD about that. 

Desperately tattle-tailing to her mom about staying overnight at her bosses place, REALLY GD? She's 27 in Korean age according to the drama, not 17.:blink:

BS's mom is right:

"GO HOME GD!! YOU'RE IN THE WAY!"

(As annoyed as I am; I trust that the writers will develop a better personality for GD as the story goes on.)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So the relationship between AMH and DBS has changed due to that night.  Besides, I have noticed that DBS didn't pay much attention how AMH treated her (tries to protect her, makes sure that she eats, brings her home, calls her often), while she paid more attention to his words hence she judged him in a negative way. She is doing the same with IGD. IGD might show concern towards her but the way he treats her reveals a certain coldness and distance. He doesn't listen to DBS or even hangs up on her. There is a discrepancy between his words and his actions too. IGD is criticising her a lot but she allows him to say this, whereas she will reply and act sassy towards AHM, if he dares say something annoying

@bebebisous33   Chingy thanks for the shout out and love your post regarding our OTP. I wonder why she is so blind to MH's affection. He always want to spend time with her, feed her and loves quarreling with her. He protects her when she can do it herself and he fins her so attractive. He shows interest in her. I love the scene at the theatre when he was looking for explanation to why she was crying , then her brother explained that is something his sister does. Then it clicked to him why she cried and that amazed him so much. LOL LOL  The way he looked at her when she was dancing on the pole was so cute. I love the way he talks to her and let nothing faze him about BS. 

@athena22 " loved your analysis of AMH , BS and IGD. I strongly agree with your point of DBS being blind added to that she remains passive to all the affection or as such shown by AMH. not only that her BFF Gyeong shim realized AMH is not gay just after one outing  while she still didn't after being with him for at least this much of time (longer that gyeong shim's). For example AMH tried to protect her when he got shot. But now i think she is starting to get her eyesight back by realizing how nice he was when he didn't react like she expected him to to all the things she had said.  about the preview he realised IGD and BS's affection for each other while the former doesn't yet realize it. As far a i have seen the character of IGD he is really trying to take care of her so much. for example which bringing of taser or  be it worrying about her safety he is very gentle and caring butt has a tsundre personality. In fact from what i have seen in 4 episode he seem to be taking care of BS more than his GF. He did get really surprised when BS yelled at  him on the phone and hung up it looked like a lover's quarrel even though they were no "     Chingu well said

I finally watched both episodes 3 and 4 with subtitles, I got my wires crossed a little bit. The scene where BS  threatened to take MH's butt away from him I felt she was jealous of GK. I know alot of you  will think my perception is all wrong  and maybe your right but that is how i felt.  I wished my wires had not gotten condused at all. Your right BS is finally apying attention to her boss in a positive light. Her voice was so soft when she taked to him and when she discussed him with her her friend. Her BFF can see that he isn't gay but BS  hasn't caught on to that yet. I can't wait for that to happen chingu's. 

16 minutes ago, evie7 said:

I agree that she is clueless when a man is interested in her. It's because she doesn't see herself as a in MH's words a sexy woman. She has a hang up on her powers, she wants so badly to be viewed as 'normal' and not an alien, North Korean spy or a man in disguise.   I'm sure MH is going to get the message out to her loud and clear. I hope it's sooner than later.

I agree chingu's  @evie7 @enigmatic_zephy  Bong Soon has no idea when a guy is  interested in her because she is clueless. But when it comes to GD it is his fault that BS is also clueless. IF he hadn't said he wanted some frail woman, BS would have gotten the courage to confess and he also mad her very nerveous. IF he liked her , he should confessed to her instead of keeping it to yourself. We all know BS is an AIRHEAD , so he should have come forward instead of harboring it. I agree he has liked her for a long time but she never shown him she like him too. I think the problem is that they both to darn shyyyyyyyy. This gus spend so much time worrying about BS but not his actual girlfriend. He is also cold and distance because he cares for her. BS is the shy type ( but not really shy) that is why she needs someone to push her buttons just like MH does to her. He annoys her,  makes her mad and because he knows the real her they can banter all they can banter all the time without fear of being criticized. Her fear of her true self is what hindered her from confessing her feelings and being happy.  

Hee Ji is using Bong Ki to make Gook Doo jealous because he isn't paying much attention toward her. Since hearing about GD and BK were rivals in high school. I really dislike her and she is so fake laughing at cheesy lines. Guys don't think I hate Bong Ki. I love him and hope he ends with  Na Kyun Shik. 

26 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Chingy thanks for the shout out and love your post regarding our OTP. I wonder why she is so blind to MH's affection. He always want to spend time with her, feed her and loves quarreling with her. He protects her when she can do it herself and he fins her so attractive. He shows interest in her.

@UnniSarah  Thats because BS only sees IGD, Even if he's demading something of her or telling her what to do she sees it as a form of like no matter if he has a girlfriend or not.. Now that she has seen said girlfriend she has accepted the reality which she could never do before because she hadn't seen him with any girl.. Now that she's noticing MH I'm wondering will this becomes a love triangle because IGD girlfriend is going to dump him and persue DS brother..

24 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I wonder why she is so blind to MH's affection. He always want to spend time with her, feed her and loves quarreling with her. He protects her when she can do it herself and he fins her so attractive. He shows interest in her. I love the scene at the theatre when he was looking for explanation to why she was crying , then her brother explained that is something his sister does. Then it clicked to him why she cried and that amazed him so much. LOL LOL  The way he looked at her when she was dancing on the pole was so cute. I love the way he talks to her and let nothing faze him about BS. 

I love that he is fascinated w/her. It's like he gets her, I'm sorry that I can't remember who brought this up to give them the credit but, he's on the same wavelength as she is they can communicate with out saying any thing. That's just so special not everyone finds this. I'm interested in the mystery going on in this drama but the romance just has me wanting more:blush: It's still Sunday here. The wait for Friday just feels longer. BTW hello chingu, I'm happy your joining us:wub: It's been awhile.

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

I love that he is fascinated w/her. It's like he gets her, I'm sorry that I can't remember who brought this up to give them the credit but, he's on the same wavelength as she is they can communicate with out saying any thing. That's just so special not everyone finds this. I'm interested in the mystery going on in this drama but the romance just has me wanting more:blush: It's still Sunday here. The wait for Friday just feels longer. BTW hello chingu, I'm happy your joining us:wub: It's been awhile.

@evie7.... So very glad to see you chingu. I agree they are on the same wavelength and have great Chemistry. It's like they are one and when you are in a relationship pretending to be someone else is too darn hard and uncomfortable. She will never be happy having to keep her true self hidden. 

:heart::heart::wub: I like the way he orders her around and she does what she is told to do. He listens to her and they do at times have meaningful conversation. I love the way they are getting to know each other. 

The World of Loneliness - A Place Where Only Angels Are Allowed to Tread

Some men keep skeletons in their closets, MIN HYUK KEEPS THERE A PORTRAIT OF THE GIRL WHO HAS THE POWER TO KEEP HIS FEARS AND DEMONS AT BAY. But why is she there of all places? He put her there because it’s the place of his worst trauma and nightmares and only the girl who so unselfishly protected him all those years ago when no one else would is powerful enough to guard him against them. She is the only constant in MH’s life, the one person that never leaves him. 

When he is at his worst, loneliest and most desperate IT’S HER WHO MIN HYUK SEEKS COMFORT FROM AND WHO SOOTHES HIM because she is his anchor, his sanctuary and refuge and he has no one who would tell him that everything will be alright. He goes there during the storm (seeing MH there, completely alone in that huge house of his only enhances the feeling that he’s the loneliest person in the entire world) and even after being shot and threatened.

jSZDQ9X.jpg

It’s only in front of her that Min Hyuk allows himself to drop all his protective masks and facades and fall completely apart. After the phone call with his half-brother and childhood flashback, he reveals everything, without any filters IN HIS HAUNTED, TORMENTED LOOK - THE PART OF HIMSELF THAT IS DAMAGED AND WHICH HE KEEPS HIDDEN FROM THE WORLD. (Was his childhood wish to become a criminal connected to his brothers? Did he wanted to get rid of them?).

uGxy3KH.jpg

And there is the fact that everytime, he later calls Bong Soon, as if she were the cure to his loneliness, even if he is not yet so deeply in love with her to reveal to her everything about himself, but he has already begun opening up to her. It’s such a subtle, poignant way to show how deeply intertwined are the “two” women and MH’s feelings for them.

xsmlAkj.jpg

When i can't choose between Jisoo(GD) or Hyungsik(MH) charm..

i was really happy looking this two, she look so in love with him, and he love to taking care of her OR over protective about anything related with her.. and insist this relationship as "friend"

IMG_1157.jpg

And it became worst when Minhyuk hug her tightly, and started to aware his feeling to this little girl. And we nearly to season of new love blooming.. between MH and BS.. 
IMG_1158.jpg

Still, I can't choose, which side i should go.. because the two so adorable..

credit to 센치한 박양(js2y86)

10 hours ago, evie7 said:

It struck me too that she didn't acknowledge the fact that MH got shot because he was saving her from the shooter.  She has her preconceived notion of MH. He has been very adversarial in the way he acts around her w/that constant teasing that she hasn't stopped to  actually see him for who he is. He hasn't made it easy, I can see that quality in myself at times not just stopping to actually see the person in front of me.  I can't wait to see when Bong Soon see'e through Min Hyuk's walls that he has put up. It's going to be epic my friend. I can't wait for this ship to leave the port. 

This really annoyed me too. In the moment someone shot at her, nobody knew that it weren't actual bullets. As soon as he noticed it, he went straight for her, dragged her out of danger and even catched a bullet for her. He was bodyguarding her, although it's her job to protect him. It's not just a nice gesture, it's the decision to sacrifice oneselfs life for another. Because, like I said, nobody knew that it weren't actual bullets. 

In fact, I think he already dropped most of the walls around him for her. She just doesn't see it. He told her about his past, his family, his hard times during childhood and dragged her even to his family to meet them all. She just has to realize that he opened a door for her. 

I finally finished watching both eps with subs HA! seems so late to join the discussions here but what the heck I need to share my thoughts otherwise I'd go insane just waiting till the next ep.

@bebebisous33 love you posts as always and it always stimulates my thoughts too.  Your comment on GD (Mian Im putting it in the spoiler tag instead of quoting it as its easier for me since Im only just barely catching up with this thread and your posts too)

Spoiler

I have the impression that IGD is deaf because he doesn't listen to DBS's words and he doesn't even notice the way she talked to him: she speaks in a gentle way. Only when she got upset with him and hung up on him, he finally heard that she was upset. He doesn't realise how harsh his words are towards DBS. For someone who plays piano so well, how come that he seems to be deaf and unsensitive, when it comes to DBS? (when he speaks to her!)

The red line literally had me laughing and Im thinking have my teacher gone mad...hahaha! though you are correct. He is blind as @leekyuphii puts it his just a fool against love - Blind and deaf. They just missed their timing. Though I believe even if their timing was right I dont think it would last. Both seem very hesitant to let their true feelings show - look at how GD treats his current girlfriend -HJ and being busy is no excuse for his neglect on her or lack of affection. Im sorry the chocolates for White Day just doesnt seem all that romantic esp when he gave it to her in the least romantic way possible lol! though I do believe she should voice out her thoughts or dislikes so he could be given the chance to change too. Communication is vital for a successful relationship and both seems to lack in that department. As we see HJ is now perhaps seeing other men (like BK) in her life and perhaps realising that GD isnt her ideal partner. 

Having said that BS is also like that. She hides her true self when she's with GD and she's like a little mouse scared to voice out her thoughts in fear of GD not liking her. That's why I think their relationship would never last even if the timing was right. She's already depressed about hiding her powers or her sassiness of woman rights and righteousness to others and she would be more so with GD and that's not healthy in a relationship. For BS she's what we would call blind in love with GD she knows his a jerk esp in how insensitive or rudely he speaks to her but she cant control whom she loves. GD  (Im sorry Jisoo fans believe me I love Jisoo too) is written as a male chauvinistic character, very male dominated thinking he should be protecting women and it's no wonder he came a police officer. Quite old fashioned right hahaha! but I cant wait to see his thoughts change when he finally finds out about BS. That she isnt the weak timid girl that he thinks she is. Poor BS I think the more he says that the more deeper she retreats back in her hole.

Im glad MH is here to let her be herself. Although right now she sees him as a constant annoyance and tease to her powers we the viewers see him differently as one whom is adorably accepting and curious of her and esp her powers. Maybe ep 4 is a start that she sees MH differently and that for once she found someone whom is accepting of her. I hope so I think she needs more people in her life whom will be accepting of her and her gift. Accepting, bizzare, cute and sexy all at the same time 

C6MYn_pUYAA7LTI.jpgcr. cto

Has this been posted.... but anyway I agree and would love to add to that 200% :tongue:

cr. neitzentownblog

Do Bong Soon CP: "200% satisfied with the Park Bo Young-Park Hyung Sik pairing"

201703051508779413_58bbac950fc71_99_20170305151703.jpg

201703051508779413_58bbac94666e1_99_20170305151703.jpg

Article via Naver

[+4311, -51] They have so much chemistry together, puppy couple! Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young are both so exciting to watch

[+4085, -53] Viewers are also 200% satisfied! 

[+3732, -63] Finally a successful JTBC drama! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ They must thank Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik

[+2574, -39] ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Such a great casting, they're so much fun 

[+489, -9] I thought this drama would fit Park Bo Young so well but to be honest, I didn't expect Park Hyung Sik to be this good. The Park Bo Bum and Park Hyung Sik chemistry is so much better than expected. I think he's ready for a lead role

[+476, -13] Rediscovery of Park Hyung Sik. Not only he is handsome but he is a really good actor too

[+419, -4] You have to reward these two!

[+384, -5] Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young are good, the rest of the cast too! 

[+345, -4] CP nim, the casting of Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young is the best thing ever! Their acting and chemistry are the driving points of the ratings!

Sorry im not able to quote directly all been said bcoz there quite many thgs pointed out by many chingus in thr last 9 pages. From @bebebisous33. @dhakra. @briseis. @uglypearl & many others. And @stroppyse and @snowglobe147  for translations. N yay @Ahpheng for the strips. I miss them lot. They always allow me to laugh the second tym aft watchin a drama. Hope to see more from you :)

Aft i read dramabeans recappers comment it really strikes me that most of our otps are not what they seem from first ep. U form an impression n u thought u figured them out but nope their characters r more layered than that. None are prefect, all r flawed. 

BS - mostly we see her strength, shes feisty and mouths what she says, she doesn't seem upset with her mum's favoritism n generally is cheerful.

Then now we see she has inferiority complex. Her 'fren' GD points out too matter of fact that shes gd at nothib. From sleeping in class in highschool til now. And how much it must have hurt her to restrain herself

MH - i omos write him off as the rich chaebol that is self absorbed n rude in earlier ep1. Rem the part he made her turn on the car incase it explodes n saying his wellbeing is mor imp than hers.

Ep2 to 4 has shown this guy is more profound than we cld ever imagine. Hes playful when it comes to BS bt he reads her easily n helps her when he can n even is nice to her even if she doesnt realise. He protects her. Then hes also sentimental too.

But u noe who confuses me the most. In Guk Doo. I thk in ep2 most of us judged that hes only seeing DBS purely as fren only, dismissive n lookout for his small fragile fren. But now ep 4 shows the guy possibily has a crush on her. He formed the impression that hes fragile like a flower n spoke loudly to hint at BS. One way or another he didnt pursue her n decided to keep things safely in the friend zone. Hes all wrist grabbing, shout men r dogs n numerous times warning BS to b wary of MH. Then on the fon loudly declares we r frens. Way to hurt BS dude.

Ep4 serves to tell me whatever happened during schooldays that we havnt been shown GD is just not meant to b togther with BS. Even if she didnt bcom his gf, even if shes just A friend you dont hurt her by pointing out her flaws the way he did mercilessly. U arent encouragin her, u r putting her down.

In MH BS their bickerings etc r still usually funny n nt offensive. He appreciates her strength n her frankness and wants to know more about her. BS without knowing it had bcom MH angel/guardianangel of sorts with that pink hoodie-bus incident. So far although he laughs at her hes also patient to explain to her n even spell things out for her like P-R-I-V-A-C-Y. N oso by wanting to spend more time with her n asking question instead of GD dismissive or speaking like machine gun, MH ultimately gets to know more about BS. From her crying over action movies to her dancing when drunk. The more he knows her the more he likes what he sees. 

I have no idea how long the gay part will go on. Or when BS will be more aware of her deppeunim as a man n let her b aware of herself as a woman. But the writers are making it fun n enjoyable to wait watch n see.

i like it evytym MH says Bong soon-ah. PHS has a good voice n i love the subtle way he acts. Able to bring out comedy without being overthetop.  If another actress was Bongsoon im not sure the would be able to capture perfectly her fireball character outrageous lil dim about love but still lovable. Thank goodness we have Park Bo Young

Sorry its another essay fr me. I havnt even touch on my tots on culprit. Il leave that for next post lol

Lastly did someone posted a Naver article that translates if d ratings surpass 9% the guys will loose their shirt??

2 hours ago, Era Ferawati said:

Sr.dc 

Yes.. the last part. I love this scene when Bong Soon starts to see him as a good person and understanding boss. MH on the other side think she is so cute that he can't hate her. I hope BS's good impression on him will last...

It's nice that Gyeong Shim seems to (whether intentionally or unintentionally) brings them closer. First she's the one who prompt BS to let MH tag along for movie watching. And now she analyse that MH is not a gay to BS. I won't be surprise if she will be the one to tell BS that MH is in love with her. And she's the one who notes BS always so frail after meeting GD.

As for Mama, as materialistic as she is, she seems to always (maybe without herself knowing too) aware of one's character. Eg; she keeps noting about MH sending BS back home after work - interest in BS, Mama GD's sneaky character, GD gf's motive towards Bong Ki, GD's over-concern of her daughter's life. While I certainly don't agree with Mama BS pushing BS to "sleep" MH, but I applauded when she asked GD to back off from BS's work life.

Archived