[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

Loving it loving it.....Park Hyung Sik is getting better by the day... I missed him from Hwarang... his acting skill and the way he carry himself... making me wanting to see more of him... and Park Bo Young, last I seen in Oh my Ghostess... really make me laugh.  Her expression makes me laugh ... I want to see more of them...  this bodyguard love relationship no matter how cushere it is, but if is acted well can be interesting to watch..  at least now my weekend lighten up...after goblin.....life needs laughter and a bit of craziness and madness...that's call life.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone :-) 

thank you all for recapthings that I like most: 1. MH can be mesmerized by her herculean force and still see her as a woman - usually physical force is a masculine attribute but there is no moment he is not seeing her as a woman and is not feeling himself like a man near her, even when he is bickering  or exploiting her. 2. He really likes her personality - and is kind of fascinated even by her mistakes , like the ones with stock options and femme fatale :-) , by her peculiarities. I feel like she succeeded to get all his attention and curiosity, just one step near falling for her . 3). He likes being protected and as we will see being cared by her, so he will want her by his side and will let her see him as probably noone has ever see him, let her in ... he is like a positive guy, but  I fell like he put a wall between himself and the others and don't trust other people. 

I LIKE the idea of a man needing to be protected by a woman and still feeling  manly and love the idea of finding sexy and attractive a woman stronger than a man and not being intimidated by this as a man. He really is someone who can love her for who she is. And I feel he will love her even if she would lost her power.

now I am curios how would she fall in love with him :-)

hello chingus!

just done watching episode 1 with subs... what can i say, it was almost an hour of so much fun and hilarity.  

The two parks have sparks flying when they are together.

Hyung Sik is sooooooo cool in his hoverboard

PBY is so beautiful here

and aaah our baby Jisoo looks so darn handsome in this drama.

on the story front, i love that there are a lot more to this than just your ordinary romcom, the injection of mystery in the drama proves to be the thing pulls and added weight to the value of DBS. I also want to know more of Hyungsik's back story with his dad and how he was able to come up with his own company.  On Bongsoon, it's nice for once that she is super close with her twin brother.

thank you so much for the updates tonight, it became bearable to wait for another day till i get to watch episode 2.

i'm happy to be watching this with you guys and especially to my long time friends here.

1 hour ago, briseis said:

Seriously, next week IS GOING TO BE AWESOME! First, Min Hyuk ends up with a broken feet because BS purposely steps on it at the police station, where MH is yet again trying to get her off the hook and out of trouble. But you know how they say that  no good deed goes unpunished, right? But perhaps MH won't mind that much since it gets him more quality time with BS as she ends up helping him walk and caring about him in the hospital.

Hide contents

Then he will get shot on while PROTECTING HIS OWN BODYGUARD. But now he is downright enjoying the experience because now HE GETS BEING LITERALLY CARRIED BY HER BRIDAL STYLE AND THEN SHE EVEN TREATS HIS BULLET WOUND.

That's why they went to the hospital, I was wondering why DBS was supporting AMH in the hospital... But these are the scenes I am waiting for!! :wink:

54 minutes ago, briseis said:

THE WAY HE LOOKS AT HER! I'm literally melting here! And then he ever so slightly shifts his eyes to her lips! I can't wait! It's a pity BS is drunk here because if she were sober she would have realized that a man who looks at a woman like this couldn't be a homosexual. You should never believe things written by some random people in a comment section.

My gosh, his gaze though :wub: This is the scene where she gets drunk?

Thank you for to all the live recappers and the video posting.

Judging from the recaps, this episode seems interesting. I thought AMH will be a jerk initially and fall in love with her as time goes, but no. He totally went SMJ style, fall in love at once and actions (although the actions are very vague and petty). And except for some teasings, he is no jerk, even cook noodles for her.

I wonder when was the exact time he fall in love with her. At the police station?

1 minute ago, Ainee Etp said:

Thank you for to all the live recappers and the video posting.

Judging from the recaps, this episode seems interesting. I thought AMH will be a jerk initially and fall in love with her as time goes, but no. He totally went SMJ style, fall in love at once and actions (although the actions are very vague and petty). And except for some teasings, he is no jerk, even cook noodles for her.

I wonder when was the exact time he fall in love with her. At the police station?

I don't think he is a jerk at all :D Like somebody already said, AMH is already smitten by DBS. In my opinion, I think when he saw her at the police station is when he started to have a crush on her :wink:

45 minutes ago, ferily said:

That's why they went to the hospital, I was wondering why DBS was supporting AMH in the hospital... But these are the scenes I am waiting for!! :wink:

My gosh, his gaze though :wub: This is the scene where she gets drunk?

I think she gets drunk because she is love-lorn. My guess is maybe after she quarreled with him when she see IGD with his gf (preview ep 3), they made peace.

Screenshot_2017_02_26_00_41_05.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017_02_26_00_44_01.pngScreenshot_2017_02_26_00_43_41.png

Then she with her friend, her brother & AMH wen to cinema. She cried so hard because she's so sad.

Screenshot_2017_02_26_00_42_37.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017_02_26_00_42_43.png

After that, they went to bar & she had fun & got drunk.  AMH brought her home & romantic will begin lol :D

Screenshot_2017_02_26_00_26_54.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017_02_26_00_46_17.pngScreenshot_2017_02_26_00_46_34.png

I like this drama! So much!

I like that the heroine is is such a small height and tiny girl,

I like how funny story and hilarious humor here ))) 

And I was really scared this maniac, he is not just a killer, he's a creepy psycho!

What did i miss? Where it was? From a long trailer?

57 minutes ago, plappi said:

What did i miss? Where it was? From a long trailer?

It's one of the two official stills that were released of it. The BTS of this scene was also featured in Episode 0 :)

“Min Hyun unknowingly gave Bong Soon a back hug while trying to demonstrate a defensive move. Despite the male protagonist’s seriousness in the duo’s training session, it became a heart-fluttering moment for Bong Soon.” 

tumblr_olfxm1FwEn1s8t96qo3_r1_1280.jpg

I guess that Boon Soon will get flustered by the physical closeness and will react like this: tumblr_inline_oloog7vL5F1rhkl0p_1280.pngtumblr_inline_oloog6t6zp1rhkl0p_1280.png

Damn,that kidnaper/killer is a total psycho,he really is deranged...He told the poor victim she is his first bride,and that he saved her so she should thank him...I think this multiple people who harm might be a diversion to find the real ones,who are after Minhyuk and the killer,if they are indeed not the same...I see the one after Minhyuk has a personal bief and it's related to that Albertine Cronicales while the killer like Gook Du pointed knows the Dobong-Dong well,so maybe he lives there...Quite curious as well as Minhyuk pointed out,why one was killed and the other just kidnapped...

On the light side Minhyuk really wants to be seduced by Bong Soon-ah yet she doesn't seem at all intrested in his blantant hints...He really has a crush on her and even uses her one side crush on Gook Du to make her stay by his side,he really is sly...I confess i don't see Gook Du as a romantic intrest for Bong Soon mainly because he has a girlfriend and it would be quite bad in my eyes if he starts acting all protective(in a man way rather than friend) towards Bong Soon in respect of Minhyuk while being with another girl...Seeing Gook Du's character it's quite normal his behaviour with her i guess,he is the rightful guy and looks at her as his friend and sister,they did knew each other since young and even more now that he knows the kidnapper/killer saw her face and she "knows" him...Being someone close of course he would be worried even more after hearing that the police guy that was protecting her got stabbed out of the blue...

Now another week of waiting,the next episode looks so fun and packed with so many good scenes,3/4 will be amazing!!!

I just got home from running some errands, I thought I could just catch up, read the recap.  I haven't even reached page 2 of the recap but I have to give it for our ahjmma's LOLOLOL the looks on their faces when BS shows up w/MH to the bakery

35PDjTp.png?1

I love that look on her mother's face it's like she's thinking "You go girl w/that handsome man" Notice the look on her fathers face, "Who's this and whats this man doing w/my precious daughter"

@briseis Thanks for uploading this scene:D

8 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

Possibility :

The killer:

Is this guy who pretended as the witness

Still curious why he choose to reveal himself to the police and even let the women go and not killing her like his previous victim yet he was confident she wouldn't tell as she let her in that state,he planned from the beginning to just hurt her...We saw he was watching Gook Du before,so is he thinking of all this side thing being chased by the police as some type of game?I think the dude smokes,not knowing if it's such a hint...Did the guy feel provocked somehow and he did change his way of hurting them or just made it look as it is unrelated to the first one...

Still find it curious he played with this victim like cat and mouse not fearing involving the police etc...Curious if the guy workes with narcotics as he has access to some type of substance to make them sleep

You know that moment when Jinheung gets finally reincarnated after 1500 years, only to find out that his new female bodyguard is actually the daughter of modern-day Pah Oh.

#this basically means Jinheung is falling in love with Pa Oh's daughter in the end which is such an apt ending because let's face it

#he was the person who loved him the most in that so called 'Hwarang' drama 

#his new bodyguard is the daughter OF HIS FORMER BODYGUARD!LOL!!                                      

#Jinheung and Pa Oh reunite after 1500 years

tumblr_oly6v0s4dH1s8t96qo2_540.pngtumblr_oly6v0s4dH1s8t96qo1_540.pngtumblr_oly6v0s4dH1s8t96qo3_540.png

On 2017-02-24 at 9:50 PM, Miky88 said:

I love how Bong Soon considers herself normal and her strenght part of that normality as she tried to see the next day after her brother told her she might loose her powers after the incident with the gangsters and when she saw she is okey,she said "I'm normal"...

Didn't catch episode 2 live but just wanted to say that this was a good catch from you! It's really nice to see that she doesn't consider her extraordinary strength as a burden. She seems to see it as a gift to her and wasn't relieved to see she still had her powers. Her strength is a part of her, which makes it a part of a "normal Do Bong Soon". Normally, if there are characters with "special abilities", they would make it their wish/goal to get rid of them and become "normal". But as you said, Do Bong Soon feels "normal" with her powers :) 

Obviously Javabeans is in love with SWDBS as much as we are!

"Finally, a show I could fall in love with from the first minute! This is rare, and I am relishing every moment of it. The show has a nutty, whimsical tone and surrealistic comedy with adorably odd characters—it’s like Amelie on crack—and I love that the heroine is strange and assertive. Moreover, I love how Park Hyung-shik is taken with her pert, almost rude attitude in a way that feels almost bent. This show made me laugh out loud unexpectedly, and I’m excited to keep watching. Park Bo-young is a gift." - javabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-40/

Archived