[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ruyi's Royal Love In The Palace 如懿传

BellyButton

7 minutes ago, cassiemissy said:

Truth is, everyone knows Empress is involved. But Qianlong choose not to face that reality. He’s afraid. She is his official wife, Empress of his nation. He didn’t want to know what the Empress did behind his back. Therefore he silent Arou. 

Ruyi knows. But she has no prove. And now with Arou muted and gone at the end, no one can point finger at Empress. Then she turn to the next person, Gui Fei... 

And it seems to come full circle in the end for Ruyi. Imprisioned as Empress much like her aunt, and in order to save face for the imperial family, let’s Ruyi keep her title (similar to the incident keeping A’rou silent) in name only. Interesting parallels that connect future incidents with past ones.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Empress is Dowager's favourite and probably from prominent family so QL is not able to do much. She does appear gentle and kind but behind that behind that face she is cunning. Her mother is aiding her by sending a cunning maid to plot for her. 

Ep33-34

Spoiler

Did she give birth to baby boy? Did notice her big tummy. LOL.

Did Hailan give birth to boy or girl?

On 12 September 2018 at 9:20 PM, ruyispalace1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry you’re right. She does get married to the physician (poor Li Yu lol ) but later is tortured by Jia Fèi for unknown reasons yet, to the point she becomes disabled.. unfortunately it doesn’t seem to end well for her either :anguished:

Spoiler

Wait I think suoxin gets tortured and disabled first but then after that gets to marry  Jiang bin the physician so she kinda has a good outcome :sweat_smile: hope so.....

... Suoxin...

44 minutes ago, gaia2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wait I think suoxin gets tortured and disabled first but then after that gets to marry  Jiang bin the physician so she kinda has a good outcome :sweat_smile: hope so.....

... Suoxin...

I like her very much. The thought of it breaks my heart.:bawling:

Empress..

Spoiler

What did her baby died of?  Premature baby?

Legend+of+Ruyi+4.jpg

Did you hear the news that Wallace was criticised for his role as Emperor Qian Long by the netizens?  Apparently he has to close down his weibo account.  It was that bad.  What do you all think about his role?  Does he act like an emperor in Ruyi?  As compared with the rest of the artistes in Ruyi?

:dissapointed:

ruyipalace.png?w=625

:wacko: It seems like this drama only attract negative news.  First it was Zhou Xun now it's Wallace's turn.

On 9/12/2018 at 5:48 PM, ruyispalace1 said:

Just read up on Suo Xin’s fate, (Ruyi’s loyal maid/servant) after noticing in images/stills and clips when Ruyi becomes Empress, she’s nowhere to be found... and I’m sad :dissapointed_relieved:

Reveal hidden contents

Suo Xin is interrogated by Jia Fèi, to the point she becomes disabled and cannot serve Ruyi’s anymore :cry: their bond is another that is heartwarming to see. I’m not looking forward to this. 

Oh Nooo!!!  I like Suo Xin a lot.  Hope she will be able to get married to Jiang and be happy.  Still hoping she will have a good end in this show. :mellow:

On 9/13/2018 at 10:07 AM, Josephine Safowaa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

i cant believe wei yan is this desperate for a child ,and should she try the method she used on  the emperor before  now on him. Im i the only one who thinks Li FU the emperors' eunuch  also likes ruyi's maid.

i watched this kdrama ''cruel palace'' and i was wondering someone  like the lead character (Jo gwi in) would fit in the harem of Qianlong and if so how long could she survive.I think she the most craziest lead i have seen in the collection of dramas i have watched , another one Hurrem from magnificent century.

Qian Long got tired of her so now I wonder how she will make a comeback.  Interesting to know.  Yes, Li Yu likes Suo Xin but her eyes is only on Jiang. :wub:

On 9/13/2018 at 4:57 PM, etelou1 said:

Actually, it was necessary for them to mute her voice.....Arou could have told Ruyi about the empress involvement at the last minute and that's what Qianlong wanted to keep secret. 

If she knew how to write, she could still spill the beans was what I wondered at the part when they silence her forever.

On 9/12/2018 at 12:58 PM, Cedric Ong said:
  Hide contents

1st Yanxi's version did not dumped the palace guard who happened to be bro of Fuca brother. There are differences which i wont elaborate since different drama. 2ndly hard to link to actual history since different interpretation by different author but i can't help wonder why Ruyi's Ling/Wei has to change its chinese char to same-sounding but different letters.

What I meant was the way Yan Wan scheme have similar characteristics as Yanxi when compared with the same character in Fair Princess serial.

@Cedric Ong  Thanks for correcting the info.  Someone mentioned the account but it's not from the source so wasn't sure if it's true.

2 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

Not personal weibo. Wallace never open weibo. The one which is closed is his agency open under his name and most likely handled by staff. And reason is just speculation, his agency never explain. 

That is right. He never has a personal weibo and does not believe in having one. The studio weibo hardly posts anything. So it really does not matter.  Those who kind of know him probably isn't too surprised. Also, the company weibo is looked after by staff not him.  

12 hours ago, dejun said:

Legend+of+Ruyi+4.jpg

Did you hear the news that Wallace was criticised for his role as Emperor Qian Long by the netizens?  Apparently he has to close down his weibo account.  It was that bad.  What do you all think about his role?  Does he act like an emperor in Ruyi?  As compared with the rest of the artistes in Ruyi?

:dissapointed:

ruyipalace.png?w=625

:wacko: It seems like this drama only attract negative news.  First it was Zhou Xun now it's Wallace's turn.

Many negativity. I don’t know what the production team is doing. Firstly such an untimely airing schedule. Then no prominent promotion for the drama. And all negative news surround every episodes.. 

I don’t agree with the many criticism as I feel most are on purpose by competitor. However, with these kind of negativity the drama is not going to get the deserves attention. I really pity this as I think this drama is worth it.. so many details and attention to the artistic and historic direction but none were being properly appreciated. 

Regarding his role as Emperor, it’s not that bad. His expression and glare he gave to those that scheme behind him is scary. The way they portraying Qianlong here is as a husband and as a leader of a country. But the part where he leads the country wasn’t being too focus, instead they focus on how he behaves within his ladies. I think this is interesting as you see that being an Emperor, he has his own gentle and flirty side when being with his wives. 

8 hours ago, BellyButton said:

That is right. He never has a personal weibo and does not believe in having one. The studio weibo hardly posts anything. So it really does not matter.  Those who kind of know him probably isn't too surprised. Also, the company weibo is looked after by staff not him.  

I don’t believe he closes his studio weibo just because of the negative comments. It’s not his first day in the industry and he knows most are not sincere anyway. However I wonder if it’s sabotage.... and I wonder if he knows what happen after he agree to close the studio weibo. 

Actually he isn't the only actor to close weibo (whether personal or agency) recently. And the other speculation is....

Spoiler

China actor Wang Mao Lei who played villain eunuch Yuan Chun Wang in Yanxi Palace drama......and HK actress Zhou Hai Mei who played the heaven queen in Ashes of Love/ Heavy Sweetness Ash like Frost....both close their weibo...due to criticism from netizens....probably b'cos their chars received too much hatred. 

Actually one speculation is not b'cos of Wallace himself (or this drama at all)....but his agency staff who received some criticism for not promoting for him or not corresponding well with the fans....meaning the negativity come more from fans than anti-fans. Anyway the staff probably can't take the pressure and chose to close the weibo which in the 1st place was open by them. Wallace himself probably doesn't really care. 

I read from here. In chinese.

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/124057132/

As far as ideology goes, Yanxi definitely "clicks" more with Millenials and Gen Z. What's the point of revolving your whole life and committing all sorts of heinous crimes because of one man (who sees you as a toy anyway)?

The theme is pretty consistent: if you fall in love, you lose. The only way to win in the harem is to think ahead, use your brain and keep your eyes on the goal (power/your life/etc). The only person you can readily rely on is yourself and the only way to stay ahead is to keep your mind clear. 

Zhou+Xun+Ruyi%2527s+Royal+Love+in+the+Pa

Despite the negativism by netizens, Ruyi's forged ahead with 5 billions views after its debut.  Looks like many silent viewers enjoy this drama.  Episodes to-date is up to 46 right?  Already half way through.

@cassiemissy  I have watched majority of the dramas acted by Wallace.  Only in this drama I find his perspective of his character felt a bit off at times like when he slouches quite frequently which I feel odd even though he's resting or a few times he looks down instead of looking at his acting partner.  Usually, you don't do that when you're talking to someone unless you're busy with something.

Yeaah!!  Final subs in for Bloody Romance.  Now can finish it. :w00t:

Photo credits to Dramapanda

@dejun I notice that too. He always don’t look directly at his partner when talking. But according to director, he say Emperor don’t really look at ppl in the eye,, :huh: I’m not sure if it’s instruction from Director himself or Wallace himself trying to find a way to grow that majestic aura. Either way, I do prefer him looking at ppl when he speaks. He looks more natural. :P  I also read that there’s criticism on the way he sit (slouching to one side) and it irks me at times too. Like why can’t he sit up straighter? Is this how an Emperor should sit? :sweatingbullets: I thought only older ages man sits like that :P oh, but when he’s angry, he’s good :lol:

IMO I think Wallace has a challenging time trying to figure out this Emperor personality. Everyone say that this Emperor is not an easy character to portray, he has kindness but also make cruel decision, he love Ruyi but also protected Empress and others, he loves his children but care for the nation as well.. it’s so complicated. 

Regarding those negative comments, I believe 90% aren’t sincere comments from viewer. This drama is not that bad. Storyline make sense and props are superb. Regarding acting skills, this is quite individual but overall I think everyone is doing good. 

i tried to watch a bit of Yanxi, but I just couldn't. I though the harem ladies look pretty much the same that they confused me. Additionally, one of the reasons I like Ruyi is because the make up (at least Zhou Xun's) that looked similar to the palace portraits. I also like that Ruyi is stricter with palace protocols so everyone is realistically cautious. While the heroine of Yanxi is well like due to her straightforwardness and bravery, I find that unrealistic in a setting where one can lose one's life in a moment of carelessness.

41 minutes ago, BellyButton said:

OMG, I saw the trailer on my favourite maid. My heart broke.  Hell to the person who harmed her. :grimace:

Spoiler

You will feel better when watching physician Jiang bin take care of her afterwards ... And when they finally get married :heart:

at least 1 couple got good outcome ( seriously hope nothing unpleasant happens to them both in later episodes) ^_^

I'm currently on ep39 and had this thought.. wonder if anyone has similar thought? :P

Spoiler

I notice so far Ruyi though never had very obvious schemes to get revenge for those that sent her to the Cold Palace and later on continuously trying to get her killed, she always had this 'I'm being bullied, why don't you stand up for me' that kind of look and attitude when she's with Qianlong. She's not a forgiving person and if she can, she want 'justice' from what the Empress did to her. She is not happy when Qianlong try to make her just let it go after the Empress died. She just don't do things obviously. She still never confess to Qianlong that she's the one that poison herself to get out of the cold palace. 

Probably she realised Qianlong will not like the idea that she poison herself, and it is her way of getting revenge from her enemies. But IMO, she's a little hippocrite.. maybe life in the palace really does not allow one to live honestly and innocently. You can't be honest to anyone in case they bite you back..not even to the Emperor who you love so much. :unsure:

Archived