[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

22 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Is it weird that I find the veins on his neck, his adam's apple, and his jawline super sexy?

Nope, you're not weird chingu! When I first watched the scene, I went *_* too! Hahahahs. LMH is seriously especially sexy to me in this show! Hahahs. 

20 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Chanting to myself 

*I don't ship them! I ship HJJ and SC! I don't ship them! I ship HJJ and SC! I don't ship them!*

To keep myself sane, I must. 

I know right! I have to keep on chanting that to myself too cos shipping them in real life is too far fetched alr! Hahahs. 

@alleram95 thank you so much for your first hand translation whenever we waited for subs to come out. The waiting period was so torturous and it wS always great to know what was spoken during the impt scenes!

17 hours ago, mythicalove said:

I love how he simply makes up an excuse and said, "the person who was supposed to help move everything wasn't here, so I just bought it instead," when what he really meant to say was, "I bought it in hopes one day you'll return to look for me." We know and she does too, that this was his real reason to buy the house. 

I know right? Because if he had moved, Chungie wouldn't know where to find him again.. 

19 hours ago, Moonrain said:

[Sewage][Sewage][Sewage][Licking screen][Licking screen][Licking screen]

Hide contents

Cr: MinoJennyLin

Now this is what you call going out with a bang [Licking screen] 

:wub:

10 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Yes, most likely they will include NG in the DVD. 

I was thinking that perhaps the way to get over this withdrawal is if I purchase the DVD. Then, I don't have to let go just yet, because I'll have something to look forward to. I'm heavily debating on whether I should I get. I want it but I'm not sure it's in my budget to purchase lol. 

If they release a director cut DVD, I will most definitely support it. Just hope it won't break my bank.. 

6 hours ago, nika94 said:

:bawling: Park Ji Eun writer has created such beautiful lines. Thank you!! 

I will love you even if the world changes. You are engraved in my heart. You have the ability to erase one's memory. But you are not able to erase You from me.

Credit: as tagged

I know right! So beautiful and meaningful. Where can I find my very own HJJ? 

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Chingu, you understand Chinese ? It's great !!! I always think my English is not well enough to do better translations. Please correct my translations if there is any mistake or meaning lost.
And are you going to LMH thread afterward ? Only me translated articles in that thread, I will be very happy if you may join me.

I will try my best to translate it later to the true nature of how the Chinese version is like! 

Sorry Chingu.. I love LMH, he's always been my bias. But.. I really dun have much time to do much translations.. And my Chinese isn't very strong to begin with. Luckily for me, the translated Chinese is sth that I can read and understand. Hahahs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moonrain said:

I cant ship them right? Right? Right:blush:

Cr: Logo

I can't help but ship them in real life. :blush: I know, I know, she's married and he's dating Suzy. But, ottokke... I can't choose who I can ship and who I can't. My heart chose them.:heart: Please make a project together again. I don't mind having these two working with each other forever :blush: 

• Like 5

Good morning lobsters 

just a quick reminder before I scamper off to work. I see a number of you are quoting lines from the drama. I will try to post our best/ favorite moments list from lbs tomorrow evening (us- west coast time).  I'm trying to finish my list today.

i miss them already   :bawling:

• Like 7

I got some questions in my mind...

Does JJ remember or dun remember why he wanted to be a prosecutor? When he was dining with Mimi and ND, he said he can't remember but he is just trolling them right? In actual fact, he remembers why right? 

And what incident are they referring to? Is it the death of his father? Maybe he decided to study to become a prosecutor because he remembered their history and decided to be one for her? ND and Mimi keeps on talking abt the year where he was very listless. I'm abit confused over those parts. Something abt Mimi saying he's glad JJ picked himself up after. So before he picked himself up,  were they referring to that year where he was trying to recall their memories? 

To be honest, although I loved the complete ending.. I'm also wondering what happened to mum and the gang after they shifted to the beach house. Wished this portion was answered for too. Hahahs. I know I'm being greedy here. Heh. 

• Like 5

The director's praises for LMH is so nice. Reading all of their ending messages brings me to tears. Is it really over? Is this where it ends? Did they really say goodbye? Please don't go. 

My heart hearts! My heart hurts so bad. I miss them like crazy! 

@babyval22 I would love to offer an answer to your questions but I've yet to watch it with subtitles. Lol.

• Like 3

ah maybe I expected too much but I really wanted to see mermaid daughter :tongue: and the plot twist for the little girl being half mermaid half human in her perv life..  ahh I am really gonna miss this drama...   Oppaaaaaa please do not go to  military!! let us see you more :))) 

• Like 3

@Kris Silva omo omo what a coincidence :o even my fav pairing of LMH was with PMY. i shipped MinMin couole so hard while watching CH but now its JJH & LMH :heart: JunChung is my most favourite pairing among all LMH shows now. So Sassy girl is a movie? Apologies, i thought its a drama. Heard about it in LBS only.  Trust me i dont fall for actress, i donr become actress fan easily. To be frank, JHH is the only actress i love. I dont have any fav actress in Bollywood(Indian film industry) or Hollywood. But JHH have something in her which made me love her. :heart: made me her fangirl for life.

Neither i can move from LBS so early but im trying too. I'll save this re-watching spree once oppa leaves for MS. im gonna miss him like hell. :bawling: He is the only korean actor whom i love so much,so hard. (I have crush on so many oppas but love is reserved only for LMH & JCW) 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Alice Mendoza said:

@1ouise - I don't quite understand why SC must still be kept a secret from everyone? Is it because HJJ doesn't want them to know she can erase memories? Do you think they had a secret wedding?? And they probably were doing Dirty Love BEFORE ...??? Aaaargghhh! That's why a NOVEL need s to be written to extrapolate the story further with ALL SORTS OF DETAILS!!! 

@Alice Mendoza

I don't think it has to be this way (everyone's memories erased), but it is the story writer-nim has given us.  I think she wants to emphasize that the love of Dam-ryeong and Se-hwa transcends time, space, and memory.  Others may forget Shim Cheong, but not Heo Joon-jae.  His body remembers.  His heart remembers.  Wiping everyone's memories showed this difference.

I don't think the fact of SC is now a secret, just that she is a mermaid.  (So, no secret wedding.)

I recognize a few gaps in logic, but I won't pick at them because I want to enjoy the drama as it was presented, realizing that it is a work of fiction, and fantasy at that.  I think a few details might have been sacrificed in the editing room in order to highlight the main theme of true and everlasting love.

The ending was very different from what I envisioned, and for that, I actually LOVE it all the more!

• Like 6

My translations for the diary that JJ wrote from the translated chinese words that the fan did from Korean.. @gtLmh0622 do correct me if i have any errors too!

Dec 2016 The day when we had our first kiss

After seeing my dad on this day, i was feeling very down and hopeless.

This is also the first time in my life that i have ever told anyone about my dad. On this day, there are many first times that i have ever done in my life. On this day, I actually told you things that were buried deep down in my heart. You were there, right beside me, hugging me very tightly and just like this, we kissed.

Do you still remember? At that time, i really did think that my heart was about to explode. Can you hear the rapid beating of my heart beat? Ah, so this is what it feels like to be scattering about everywhere, feeling lost and clumsy.

Dec 2016 When all my memories come back to me, i realised that the occasional dreams that i had was actually a reality... (translator can't see the remaining words at the back..)

-----

2nd picture.. (another entry)

When you erased my memories and swam alone, determined to come and find me all the way from spain, you must have felt very lonely. Just you alone, swimming across the great big ocean just to come and find me, you must have felt really dazed. On this day, i finally understand how you are feeling.

If i'm able to love you again, i will love and treasure you even more. It seems like it was at that time that I am able to hear your inner voice. Because I fell in love with you, I’m able to be telepathic with you, to know your thoughts and what you are thinking, so this is actually real.

Jan 2017, you shielded me from Heo Chi Yeon bullet. However, the person who should be shot was me..

At that point in time, I wasn’t aware of anything. Time seems to come to a standstill. What should I do?

And you, you who absurdly smiled, can tell me that this time, this sad fate of ours, you have changed it. However, I felt like I was almost dying, because I really cannot imagine a life without you.

Thankfully, just like an animal, recovered and managed to live on. However, you who still managed to dress up, have been unable to eat or laugh properly ever since.

All these changes, I have been aware..

2017 Our last kiss..  

Before you returned to the sea, we sat alone and had our meal.

It seems like we kissed. However, I’m unable to remember clearly now.

The reason you erased my memories was probably because you were the one who initiated the kiss right?

However, you who were like my soulmate, still continued to live within me, deep down somewhere inside of me.

Your smell, your body temperature, the image of your back… I’m unable to forget about them.

Furthermore, you were the one who said that if we have the chance to meet again, we will still fall in love with each other. If we have the chance to meet again, we will still cherish each other.

Don’t worry. I still remember you.

My love, lasts longer than my lifetime, and is stronger than my memories.

The memories of me loving you, and the memories of us when we were together..

I love you and I really really miss you.

We have to meet again one day.

Disclaimer: Some words, i added in to try and express what the chinese words meant since Chinese have idioms as well, which encompasses a wide range of emotions, feelings and description.

• Like 23

Very satisfying ending! Married, with a baby on the way, and living by the sea! Would have loved a bit more, but it was a happy ending and all I could ask for! This will be a drama that I will watch on repeat like I do with Oh my Venus, lol.

On to find the next drama!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@Hunter White, your gif showed me the value of watching a scene closely in HD! When I saw this kiss while watching the episode, I just thought it was a nice kiss, taking a playful moment to a hot love time. Watching your gif, which I had to repost above, I realized it was actually a precursor to dirty love times. How did I miss that tongue action the first time as well as the hint of JJ holding onto Cheong so thoroughly? I now feel totally pervy watching JJ french kiss Cheong, but I can't keep from staring at it, even while blushing. So, thank you very much for your gif! Even if it causes me rethink about myself.  :wub:

haha.. You're most welcome! That alone gives us the love chills. I'm glad that I was able to give you guys something that excites you & makes you watch not just this scene hopefully but the entire LOTBS series... coz that's how it is for me.:wub::wub::wub:

• Like 7