[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@demarchelier yup, I never once believed anything bad would result from this reunion. You bring up some very good points! Adding the truck of doom will definitely push the plot back, and frankly, 1) they cannot afford that and 2) viewers will be upset. If LOTBS was a melodrama, I would say the chances are high, but thankfully, it is not so we don't need to expect the worse. 

The spoiler clips that you inserted squeezed my heart. I wonder if they are crying. :phew: If SC cries here, her years would be pink tinted. Awhhh, that would be true love. 

By the way, so many people are gathered to watch them!!!! Can they feel the love? 

------------------

@1ouise I thought about your question and I think there is a possibility that MDY wasn't lying when he said he was framed. Of course, MDY is a horrible evil being anyway so it doesn't change anything. What makes this possibilty interesting has to do with how complex CH was as a killer in the past. If he plotted the murder to frame MDY and he intentionally killed KDR, he has been meticulously planning to tarnish KDR and kill him off. We don't know what he wants and why he's after KDR, but we know that he is looking for something that belongs to KDR. Of course, I have a feeling that if he actually framed MDY, they will do a flashback later showing it. I am actually very interested in this particular part of the story as well, I want to know what he's looking for and why. KDR left a mission for ahjussi to fulfill but they are purposely not showing us the full conversation, because we don't know what favor he asked of him. In episode 15, when ahjussi's life flashed before his eyes, and he recalled his past life, he is in the process of completing what KDR left in his hands. I am wondering if he failed in the past life, and perhaps that is why he is reborn again to fulfill what he could not. Thankfully, I don't think he died in the present, because CH is not a very smart killer. I don't expect the story to unravel completely until later. I predict it will be revealed once HJJ figures out that CH killed KDR. Of course, the show isn't trying to keep CH's identity a secret from us, as they have kindly revealed his behind the scenes. The main purpose blurring his face serves is that neither MDY or HJJ knows who killed KDR. So, is the real race to figure out the killer and stop him before he kills? If MDY knows that his only chance of killing HJJ is CH, will he encourage CH to kill? MDY asked that CH lays low and allow him to do the dirty work, but will knowing change his him? I am curious. 

I enjoy that this show has been tying the past with the future continuously. I thought the main part of the past ended when KDR and SH ended, so I am quite glad that the writer has found way to keep the past relevant. 

On 6.1.2017 at 10:56 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@mythicaloveI don't think so... I would rather say that Lord Yang might have been acting for someone else. Notice that MDY is only the tool of Kang JY in her scheme as black widow. She used her husband to kill her former husbands. She poisoned them so that they got blind and after that she created an accident. 

So maybe Lord Yang was only the tool to kill the merchant. Since the mastermind needed lord Yang, he used his connection to put the blame on KDR and have Yang released. Notice that the man with the ring targeted KDR and used the mermaid as bait. He must have heard from lord Yang about the special bond between KDR and SH. 

I definitely like this idea. It may be like you said, the man with the ring may have not plotted the murder but he was waiting for it to happen. He seems to have been watching Lord Yang and KDR closely, and waiting for the time he can intervene and ruin KDR or kill him. This could not have been the result of a killer who acted rashly out of anger, this is the result of a person who harbored deep grudge and plotted a death that would seem unplanned. Now the question I have is, was he part of the fishermen trying to catch SH or was he from the side that came with KDR? 

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, mythicalove said:

I definitely like this idea. It may be like you said, the man with the ring may have not plotted the murder but he was waiting for it to happen. He seems to have been watching Lord Yang and KDR closely, and waiting for the time he can intervene and ruin KDR or kill him. This could not have been the result of a killer who acted rashly out of anger, this is the result of a person who harbored deep grudge and plotted a death that would seem unplanned. Now the question I have is, was he part of the fishermen trying to catch SH or was he from the side that came with KDR? 

To me, it looked like he was part of the fishermen. Yet, he must have known about the love between KDR and SH. Since KDR rescued SH a lot, he knew that KDR would do anything to help SH to escape from Yang's trap.

Then, in the present, MDY is indeed more and more fascinated by his past life and the mermaid, which means that he is less interested in HJJ. IT is his "companion" Kang JY who is after HJJ. Back in the past, it was the same. Yang was more interested in the mermaid than in KDR. He needed to get rid of KDR in order to get SH.

I am still thinking about the doctor and village head. He is indeed against the idea of an union between a man and a mermaid. He keeps saying that the mermaid should go back to her own world... Maybe he is the one who has something to do with it. The mastermind behind all the villains: CH, KJY and MDY. He might have used KJY's greed or MDY's greed in order to get what he wants: no love between a man and a mermaid. 

• Like 11

@mythicalove I would like to answer to your last comment and especially two remarks

- In episode 15, when ahjussi's life flashed before his eyes, and he recalled his past life, he is in the process of completing what KDR left in his hands. I am wondering if he failed in the past life, and perhaps that is why he is reborn again to fulfill what he could not. 

- The main purpose blurring his face serves is that neither MDY or HJJ knows who killed KDR. So, is the real race to figure out the killer and stop him before he kills? If MDY knows that his only chance of killing HJJ is CH, will he encourage CH to kill? MDY asked that CH lays low and allow him to do the dirty work, but will knowing change his him? I am curious. 

Notice that ahjussi was born much earlier than HJJ, so that he acted like his surrogate father. In my opinion, he was definitely there to protect HJJ, while in the past, KDR and him were friends with the same age. Yes, he had failed in the past because he had not realised something important: the man with the ring. While he was struggling for his life, he remembered his past life and he saw a man with the ring. In the past, he must have overlooked it and didn't think too much about it.

Notice that MDY said to the doctor, he had always felt that he was being punished in his present life that's why he is so interested in the past!! He was relieved to discover that he hadn't killed the mermaid: "this wasn't me!". In my opinion, MDY will try to reveal the truth from the past because his anger management issues are connected to the crime he was supposed to have committed in the past. Sure, now he is a killer... but maybe he was pushed to become a killer!! I can't forget what bad influence KJY has on her own son. CH has even become a murderer for her sake !! That's why I believe, this will change him knowing the past. HJJ only knows a part of the truth. He still thinks that the mermaid is the target, not himself... just like in the past. 

• Like 14

47 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I am still thinking about the doctor and village head. He is indeed against the idea of an union between a man and a mermaid. He keeps saying that the mermaid should go back to her own world... Maybe he is the one who has something to do with it. The mastermind behind all the villains: CH, KJY and MDY. He might have used KJY's greed or MDY's greed in order to get what he wants: no love between a man and a mermaid. 

The doctor is definitely suspect.  I wanted to think he was a neutral person, the one who provided the mermaid mythology for the story.  However, he has said some pretty dumb things,

"If you didn't love her, and if she didn't love you, then there wouldn't have been such a tragic ending."  NO!  The tragic ending happened because of someone else's greed, not because of their love.

Maybe the OST should be "This is Greed Story" not "This is Love Story."

• Like 14

I LOVE this coat!!! This is the BEST outfit of Hoe jun Jae!! :)) :heart:

Two of Lee Min Ho's BEST outfit

1- Prince Hoe Jun Jae wearing pink Coat= LOVE    +10000000

2- Drunk Hoe Jun Jae wearing Green Knit= LOVE

Credit: as tagged

@CarolynH  :)) In your list, do you also have Best Outfit?! :)) After the drama ends, we can also say what are the best outfit of Shim Chung and Hoe Jun Jae :))

• Like 17

13 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I saw CH (Step brother's) right hand and he does not wear a ring. Could be he does not wear it all the time though. However the ringed person's hand looks different from CH. Just saying...

LOL. Now I have to re-watch the episodes and look at everyone's right hand for a ring or tan lines. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I saw CH (Step brother's) right hand and he does not wear a ring. Could be he does not wear it all the time though. However the ringed person's hand looks different from CH. Just saying...

That's exactly what I was thinking too! When they showed the man with the ring again in episode 15, I thought, certainly, those cannot be CH's hands. But before posting this, I went back to confirm. If you compare the hands of CH when he was talking to ahjussi to the man wearing the ring, they definitely look the same. If this was episode 12 or 13, I would say the show is toying with us, using CH's figure to trick us but when the actual reveal happens, it will be someone we didn't suspect. However, knowing we are going on to episode 16, I highly doubt the show will pull this card on us. If they do, and they can clean it up well, I will cheer, because I am not against having another twist as long as it's done right. 

-------------

I noticed a product placement mistake while going back to watch it. The vase is still in KDR's room when ahjussi went in to look for whatever he's looking for but the shipwreck already took place. The vase was found at the shipwreck location, so techniqually, the vase is supposed to be on the ship. Lol.

@demarchelier don't tempt me hahaha. I almost went back to watch the entire thing to see if anyone is wearing a ring lol. 

@babyval22 Hahahaha, you got your brother to start watching? I got my boyfriend to start watching Hahahaha. Anyhow, I saw some people discussing on dramabeans about why cheongie can't walk in the rain. They reasoned that walking in the rain will drench her in water, while a small puddle of water alone, or water dripping from her after she gets out of the pool, is not enough to turn her. I do wonder though, how did she climb out of the pool? Lol. Wouldn't she be flopping? Hahahaha. 

• Like 12

[Drama Review] 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' - Episode 15

lee-min-ho,jun-ji-hyun

Get ready to clutch your heart and feel overwhelmed with emotions (in a great way!), as 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' no longer toys with our emotions and plays tug of war with their unique plot and give us everything we have been waiting for!

Episode 15 had a lot more charms, scarier surprises as well as some classic soap opera moments that had viewers laughing but shocked all at once!

jun-ji-hyun_1483738878_blue5.jpg

As I stated before, I was hoping Heo Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho) would reveal the fact that he could hear Shim Cheong's pure voice in a more genuine way. I was also expecting her to come to terms with it more... easily. Instead of wallowing away in her room all day, wouldn't she be happy that he knows her secret, was willing to accept her and proved that his love was true since he could hear her pure voice? Love is a fickle thing I suppose and as Heo Joon Jae says, "Hearts are the easiest thing to change on this earth."

Read more under spoiler:

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/01/drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-15

Lee Min Ho is playing the role well as his sincere intentions of protecting Shim Cheong are very evident. However, I don't think his character has changed much since the beginning in comparison to Jun Ji Hyun.

Aside from that, I felt a little bit surprised at how easily Shim Cheong accepted Heo Joon Jae's obvious lie regarding the story of their past as well: "They lived happily ever after, without sickness or hurt and raised many kids." *Gags* Really, Heo Joon Jae? However, it wouldn't be Shim Cheong-like if she didn't act slightly naive and remain in bliss rather than accepting the harsh truth. Hence why she kept trying to (hilariously) erase Heo Joon Jae's memories regarding the matter.

I'm on the same page as Jo Nam Doo when he states, "One day you're crying, now you're playing catch me if you can?" This drama easily portrays the ups and downs of any relationship but they are spot on with the back and forth emotions as well. I like seeing them bicker one moment but be lovey dovey the next - but in reality I'd probably become frustrated quickly.

This time around, episode 15 offered up a lot of advice regarding romance. Yet again, her homeless friend from Gangnam really has the know-how on relationships. Even though she states she is trying to be funny, the Gangnam beggar states that people can be valued like the difference between a fake and a designer bag. They may appear the same on the outside (which people do) but "the one person you can't fool is the owner of the bag—the owner knows whether it's fake or real, and thus treats it differently."

jun-ji-hyun_1483738877_blue1.jpg

I wonder if the little girl pays for all their meals still?

The secondary characters continue rattling my brain and giving me food for thought each and every time. I think the best way to feed a message to the viewers is to do it through these secondary characters rather than the lead. The lead becomes more relatable as they seek advice and apply it to these difficult scenarios the same way we would. Plus, you can't resist building a strong liking towards this drama's secondary characters - who are a real set of misfits, just like Shim Cheong.

But don't get too swept up in the romance! Things are starting to escalate quickly when it comes to Chi Hyun's actions. I did not expect him to visit the caretaker ahjusshi in the hospital and remove his oxygen support! Even crazier is that Ma Dae Young finds him at the scene and helps him commit the crime, while still keeping his identity a secret from him.

jun-ji-hyun_1483738877_blue2.jpg

However, Ma Dae Young's identity will be revealed sooner than we think now that Kang Seo Hee has him involved at home and with Heo Joon Jae's dad - whose health is only progressively getting worse. Perhaps it seems easier for us to put two and two together but I feel the investigators, alongside Heo Joon Jae, are unraveling things rather slowly. I honestly still sit here wondering just what exactly happened to Heo Joon Jae's hypnotic powers? Dust in the wind, I suppose.

jun-ji-hyun_1483738878_blue3.jpg

At least Heo Joon Jae's mother isn't taking crap from Kang Seo Hee anymore. Right in the middle of Ahn Jin Joo's tea party, she puts her on blast and calls her out for visiting their home in the first place.

Within that moment, the scene becomes even more dramatic as Heo Joon Jae's mom recollects and states to Ahn Jin Joo, "Remember the story of the cold-hearted richard simmons who stole her classmate's husband and chased her from her home? It's me—I'm the original wife who got chased out, and she's the nasty richard simmons." *Drops mic* Ahn Jin Joo had the right reaction as she spits out her coffee, shouts "omo" and runs to her room to immediately beginning gossiping! She is clearly my drama soulmate!

jun-ji-hyun_1483738878_blue4.jpg

*Inner Me* I poisoned your coffee.

I'm just finally happy that Heo Joon Jae and his mother finally reunite in the end! Although the drama leaves us hanging and rolls up the credits as soon as they begin to cross the street, I already felt an overwhelming sensation of happiness and relief in my heart knowing they met in a calm, gentle, drama-free way!

Overall, I think a monumental scene in the drama is when Shim Cheong decides to celebrate her birthday. Although she hilariously doesn't know her birthday and decides to make it the following day, it is sort of like a celebration of her starting life on earth. She is finally fitting in and doing the things other people do - both in her relationship and individual life.

jun-ji-hyun_1483738878_blue6.jpg

But let us not forget with Ma Dae Young still on the move and Kang Seo Hee targeting Heo Joon Jae's mom, anything can happen and everyone is still in danger! Episode 16 is going to be one hell of a roller coaster ride (so I hope!) and Shim Cheong's birthday party will truly become one no one will ever forget. Unless the drama address just what will become of Heo Joon Jae and his mother's relationship, as well as the result of Chi Hyun's ulterior motives, I'm at a standstill score wise.

• Like 14

I wasn't here for a while...episode after episode ...there r so many funny and light scenes...but somehow still feel uneasy...their love went thrue such hardship and end in such sad way...once before...can't but wonder can they have better one this time

I'm happy she finally knows he knows who she is

Glad he'll meet his mother at last

• Like 10

Beautiful GIFs of Joon Jae and Sim Cheong. :heart:

tumblr_ojfmxb3KU81r3hugwo2_540.gif

tumblr_ojfmxb3KU81r3hugwo1_540.gif

tumblr_ojfmxb3KU81r3hugwo3_540.gif

tumblr_ojfmxb3KU81r3hugwo4_540.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by Latifah at LMH thread, worth sharing here.

according to this fan account by 미노뿐 on DC who saw Lee Min Ho shooting yesterday (20170107):

"오늘 친한언니네 동네에서 촬영하고 있단 소식에 한걸음에 달려가서 촬영하는거 봤다 사진은 찍지말라고해서안찍고 내눈에 내 가슴에 담뿍 가득 담아왔어.... 미노가 고마웠던건 촬영끝나고 이동할때마다  팬들쪽을 보고 눈인사해줬다는 거야

진즉미노인성은 알고있었지만  생방촬영에 지치고 힘들만도 한데  그냥 지나치지않고 눈인사를... 난 광팬이지만 촬영에 피해주지않게 최대한 협조적으로 거리유지하면서 잘 보구왔어 미노는 역시 팬을 자랑스럽게 하는 멋진 내배우야"

"today upon hearing the news that there's a shooting in my close-unnie's neighborhood, I rushed to the shooting location. they said no pictures so I didn't take any. my eyes and heart were filled to the brim... Minho thanked the fans each time he finished the shootings by looking at their side and nodding towards them.

I do know the personality of Minho I know it already but being worn out from the live shootings not giving much to how difficult it is and just greeting with a nod...  although I'm a big fan I didn't harm the shooting, was as cooporative as possible and saw him well from a safe distance. as expected Minho makes fans proud. he is my cool actor"

the never-changing Lee Min Ho :wub: I wish he'd stay as humble forever.

tumblr_ojfp00LIv01qhc064o2_250.gif

• Like 14

The history book that Joon Jae read at the library, it recorded when KDR assumed Magistrate and when he died. It didn't record he became a criminal. He remained his Magistrate title and as nobles till he died in the history. So, let's see what thing he asked his friend to do.

• Like 10