[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

@Chellsee I'm missing juncheong so much too! I feel like I'm dying waiting to see them together again. 

I managed to gather courage and ended up watching episode 17 again. Setting aside the major thing that happened in episode 17, because that's all I've been able to talk about until now, I want to highlight other special moments.

1) SC walking into HJJ's house and having a moment of silence to herself as she reminisce about the times she spent with HJJ there. It was extremely sweet and sad. 

"No matter how cold it is outside, there's a warm place for me to return to, to talk with you, laugh with, and have fun with you... Can see you anytime... The place I can love you as much as I wished." 

I absolutely love this line. His house was where they fell in love and shared precious memories. I admit, Il be a little sad when they move out of that house into another. Also, I heard it correctly right? SC clearly said that is the place she can love him as much as she wished. Love isn't used lightly. Love, in her case is wholeheartedly. 

2) SC's conversation with Yoona and homeless fashionista. It was quite a heartfelt conversation. Oddly, whenever it's this trio together, there's an underlying comical relief, however, in this particular scene, that was not the case. It was a sentimental conversation exchanged between the three. Isn't it so sweet how they are all each so different from one another, and in some ways similar in that they are somewhat outcasts from society, but they found comfort each other's presence? They make a lovely trio. 

3) HJJ and SC talking about how they have no regrets meeting each other. If they can do it all over again and start from the beginning, they would meet and love each other again. Even if in the end, they do not end up happily, the moments and the memories they shared together are precious and they wouldn't trade it for anything else in this world. Meeting her and loving her was his only wish. Meeting him and loving him was her only wish. The whole entire scene and their conversation was deep to the point where it touched my heart and almost made me tear. Thank you for the editing as well, the song was perfect and the flashbacks were beautiful. In that moment, I truly felt that we have witnessed their relationship progressed into love. And perhaps a kiss would have been perfect here but the more I think about it, the more it becomes special that there was no kiss. Their love was openly shown without a kiss. Words that deep and a moment that sincere without any kiss shows the extent of their love is for one another. There needs not be a moment of embrace to show their feelings because their love was already felt by each other in their hearts and souls. 

Again, I didn't hear it wrong, HJJ clearly said he loves her. No matter where he is in this world, he will always love her. Even if they are separated, she should know this and her heart should continue to beat. I wonder if this is the writer creating a loophole out of the methodology that mermaid's heart can only continue beating if her lover loves her back. What if, even without HJJ, she knows that wherever he is, he loves her. Will this suffice to make her live on without him? I believe that their love is that deep. 

There's more to love about this episode but those are some of my favorite parts.

1 hour ago, tshering12 said:

have you guys seen suzy new reality show there she talks about lee min ho. she doesn't exactly mentions lee min ho but when producer asked her about date  she said they go on a date once a month. and while checking photos on her phone she scrolls down quickly and then the Producer asks suzy is she has any racy photos in her phone but she said its sweet and fun memories.

I know this is off topic but that makes me happy to hear. I hope LMH and Suzy the best in their relationship. Two years down and I'm rooting for a lifetime together to come. They're absolutely cute and their personalities match so well.  :wub:

• Like 21

1 hour ago, tshering12 said:

have you guys seen suzy new reality show there she talks about lee min ho. she doesn't exactly mentions lee min ho but when producer asked her about date  she said they go on a date once a month. and while checking photos on her phone she scrolls down quickly and then the Producer asks suzy is she has any racy photos in her phone but she said its sweet and fun memories.

Awwww, shoooo sweet!! Poor things ... only once a month! Sigh, and he's going into the military soon ... hopefully they get to meet up more! Suzy is an AMAZING singer!! All the best to LMH & Suzy! Hope they tie the knot soon!

• Like 11

On 1/15/2017 at 7:33 PM, mythicalove said:

@Chellsee I'm missing juncheong so much too! I feel like I'm dying waiting to see them together again.

Why is it Wednesday so far? We still need to wait for about 72 hours... Like you, I'm dying here!

I've been re-watching episode after episode, but still, missing our OTP a lot.

tumblr_oi790fMTHr1r3hugwo3_540.giftumblr_oi790fMTHr1r3hugwo1_540.giftumblr_oi790fMTHr1r3hugwo2_540.gif

tumblr_ohvs3t7RkG1sw8ut9o8_500.gif

tumblr_ohvs3t7RkG1sw8ut9o9_500.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heo Joon Jae's long coats in LOTBS. He's looking great in everything. :heart:

1484483443.gif

Credit to owner.

• Like 18

Please continue to vote at Soompi Awards to maintain the ranking Lobsters as closing date is 16/1/2017 and to update all, here's the ranking right now:

1. LMH #1 - Actor of the Year

2. LOTBS #1 - Drama of the Year

3. Jun Ji Hyun x Lee Min Ho #1 - Best Couple 

4. LMH & Con Friends #1 - Best Bromance

Soompi should add the feature "share" like FB because there are so many gifs or pics that I just wish to add to my collection.  There were times I just wished I could simply just click "like" then "share" the lovely ones. Tq @Chellsee for sharing these lovely MH gifs.  (I copied them so i can see them in my profile).  I have also reached max for Soompi voting for all categories.  

1484483443.gif

credit to Legend from DC.

• Like 16

4 hours ago, mythicalove said:

3) HJJ and SC talking about how they have no regrets meeting each other. If they can do it all over again and start from the beginning, they would meet and love each other again. Even if in the end, they do not end up happily, the moments and the memories they shared together are precious and they wouldn't trade it for anything else in this world. Meeting her and loving her was his only wish. Meeting him and loving him was her only wish. The whole entire scene and their conversation was deep to the point where it touched my heart and almost made me tear. Thank you for the editing as well, the song was perfect and the flashbacks were beautiful. In that moment, I truly felt that we have witnessed their relationship progressed into love. And perhaps a kiss would have been perfect here but the more I think about it, the more it becomes special that there was no kiss. Their love was openly shown without a kiss. Words that deep and a moment that sincere without any kiss shows the extent of their love is for one another. There needs not be a moment of embrace to show their feelings because their love was already felt by each other in their hearts and souls. 

Again, I didn't hear it wrong, HJJ clearly said he loves her. No matter where he is in this world, he will always love her. Even if they are separated, she should know this and her heart should continue to beat. I wonder if this is the writer creating a loophole out of the methodology that mermaid's heart can only continue beating if her lover loves her back. What if, even without HJJ, she knows that wherever he is, he loves her. Will this suffice to make her live on without him? I believe that their love is that deep. 

I agree with you. My fave scene from ep 17 has to be the part where HJJ and SC talks about their future and their memories. The words used were so powerful and even if there wasn't any kiss scenes, come to think of it now, it was apt because they have so much to think about, so much to worry abt their future and each others life and so much love for each other, that frankly speaking, I think a kissing scene might have spoiled the feeling that the director and writer wanted to give to us. 

After watching it subbed, the last scene where they just stare at each other in intensity and utter longing signifies how important they are to each other. Both of them are sending a core msg to each other, and that is, no matter how their fate ends, the fact that they will continue to love each other through eternity as represented by their past and present is what matters. To me, that is what KDR and SH and HJJ and SC love represent. Their love for each other will transcend time no matter whether it was in the past, present, or even theor future. 

At the same time, I'm also very touched by HJJ resolve that their fate in this lifetime will change and he will try his very best to give them their happy ending. It gives me assurance that he will put up a fight with all his might in this lifetime, and if he loses his life in the process, he wants SC to know that no matter where he is, he will always love her. Like what he said, her heart has to beat on because of his love. Somehow, I feel that she will understand because she also feels the same way. 

Suddenly, it occurred to me that the difference between KDR and SH vs HJJ and SC love is that KDR didn't have the chance to see how much SH loved him that she chose to follow him in death whereas HJJ was given the opportunity to see and has the chance to make SC understand his feelings and position should he die while protecting her. 

11 hours ago, gentlelily12 said:

For ending of LOTBS, this is personal feeling and hopes:

HJJ will have to endure and undergo tremendous fight and barricades with those greedy and selfish friends and "relations" who will want SC for financial and commercial as well as personal gains.  HJJ will face terrible hardships as he endeavours to free and take SC safely back to sea where it is the safest and free from the humans' evil selfishness and heart.

I would like to believe that HJJ's words that he would not let the past happen again be true. Their fated love will triumph because of HJJ's personality, hope and belief and their love for each other.  Triumph would be obtained when these evil doers either lose their memories till they no longer can even ask for forgiveness as SC said or by death itself and never to be reincarnated as KDR cursed for too.  And finally, this chain will be broken in this time, in this century and in this present lifetime.

However, though the past fate may repeat itself but present medical technology may save HJJ and SC would wait for HJJ in the sea till his return to a private mansion like in Spain with an ocean facing it where SC can live both on land and at sea (maybe with a huge swimming pool too).  SC would continue to live and wait as she remembers HJJ's request for her to continue living as his heart and love for her is forever.... 

They will then meet again and this time as in ep 16 (ie the raining scene with the blue wellingtons) where HJJ said to SC that there was nothing she couldnt do nor that she wont or couldnt but he will let her do every single thing people who live on land do without leaving a single thing out and YES, HJJ and SC have yet to do lots more of these things and HJJ also told SC that she should know that as such.  To me, this was HJJ's vow, declaration and promise to SC.

I fervently hope that the writer shares the same views as you! Loved your imagination of this ending!

8 hours ago, mythicalove said:

I, too, am curious as to what happened between HJJ's mother and his father. Did writer-nim forget she didn't tell us yet?

As the episodes go by, somehow or rather, I'm under the impression that HJJ father somehow fell in love with KSH and left HJJ mother for her. Based on HJJ convo with his father on his choices, it was clear to me that it seems like that was what happened. Somehow, I feel as though writer park will not dwell on this portion of the story as it seems like she wants us to take their story at face value. 

I think the entire backstory of HJJ parents and KSH is fashioned in such a way that the father truly betrayed the mother after the mum introduced KSH to the father. Prolly through KSH machinations and appearing to be weak, the dumb father prolly bought it and left HJJ mum for her prolly through changed feelings. Although I think the dad still have feelings for his first wife, he probably have more feelings for KSH at that point in time. But along the way, he prolly realises his mistake and missed his first wife as shown in his reaction when eating the food cooked by his first wife unknowingly. It's actually a common mistake of a man to have another woman after making it big and forget abt the woman who went through the struggles with him in the beginning in dramaland. Hahas. The only regret is him not getting to talk to or see his first wife before he died, if he really died that is. 

Just my 2 cents on the back story and how I'm interpreting it based on what I have watched from the episodes so far. Hahas. 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, babyval22 said:

I agree with you. My fave scene from ep 17 has to be the part where HJJ and SC talks about their future and their memories. The words used were so powerful and even if there wasn't any kiss scenes, come to think of it now, it was apt because they have so much to think about, so much to worry abt their future and each others life and so much love for each other, that frankly speaking, I think a kissing scene might have spoiled the feeling that the director and writer wanted to give to us. 

After watching it subbed, the last scene where they just stare at each other in intensity and utter longing signifies how important they are to each other. Both of them are sending a core msg to each other, and that is, no matter how their fate ends, the fact that they will continue to love each other through eternity as represented by their past and present is what matters. To me, that is what KDR and SH and HJJ and SC love represent. Their love for each other will transcend time no matter whether it was in the past, present, or even theor future. 

At the same time, I'm also very touched by HJJ resolve that their fate in this lifetime will change and he will try his very best to give them their happy ending. It gives me assurance that he will put up a fight with all his might in this lifetime, and if he loses his life in the process, he wants SC to know that no matter where he is, he will always love her. Like what he said, her heart has to beat on because of his love. Somehow, I feel that she will understand because she also feels the same way. 

Suddenly, it occurred to me that the difference between KDR and SH vs HJJ and SC love is that KDR didn't have the chance to see how much SH loved him that she chose to follow him in death whereas HJJ was given the opportunity to see and has the chance to make SC understand his feelings and position should he die while protecting her. 

I fervently hope that the writer shares the same views as you! Loved your imagination of this ending!

As the episodes go by, somehow or rather, I'm under the impression that HJJ father somehow fell in love with KSH and left HJJ mother for her. Based on HJJ convo with his father on his choices, it was clear to me that it seems like that was what happened. Somehow, I feel as though writer park will not dwell on this portion of the story as it seems like she wants us to take their story at face value. 

I think the entire backstory of HJJ parents and KSH is fashioned in such a way that the father truly betrayed the mother after the mum introduced KSH to the father. Prolly through KSH machinations and appearing to be weak, the dumb father prolly bought it and left HJJ mum for her prolly through changed feelings. Although I think the dad still have feelings for his first wife, he probably have more feelings for KSH at that point in time. But along the way, he prolly realises his mistake and missed his first wife as shown in his reaction when eating the food cooked by his first wife unknowingly. It's actually a common mistake of a man to have another woman after making it big and forget abt the woman who went through the struggles with him in the beginning in dramaland. Hahas. The only regret is him not getting to talk to or see his first wife before he died, if he really died that is. 

Just my 2 cents on the back story and how I'm interpreting it based on what I have watched from the episodes so far. Hahas. 

1) The way you described KDR and SH's love next to HJJ and SC's love is absolutely perfect! I could not agree more with you! 

2) I actually thought the same as you about the divorce between HJJ's parents. The writer seems to have implied that his father cheated on his mother. Especially because the writer specifically focuses on human nature to change. Similar to how people change, sometimes, so does the heart. The drama has presented us with various changes of heart, and it's sad to say but it's true. Humans don't stay the same forever. While some couples that get married will stay married, have a family and grow old with each other, the rates of divorce continues to increase as years go by. Divorce is becoming more and more accepted by society because more and more married couples separate. The writer did well in portraying that human hearts change but not all of them do. HJJ is that contrasting image of his father. His heart has not changed since a lifetime ago. And yes, in the midst of all the divorce, there are people in this world whose heart is as pure as gold, who will never cheat on their significant other and who will love only one person in their life. HJJ's mother is also someone who loves his father, and continues to love him regardless of his shortcomings. So in the end, the message is that just because one person's heart changes, doesn't mean all people's hearts do. 

The only only thing that lingers at the back of my mind is that if the only reason for separation was because of the father's ugly heart, then why did HJJ's mother say, after seeing him at the hospital, "I guess some wounds will never heal." 

Doesn't that imply that she hurt him in some way? Perhaps she did not hurt him but he was under a witch's spell to believe so. 

Edit* 

I actually thought it through and perhaps by wounds never healing, she was referring to herself. She said something about how it affected her because he did not recognize her. I believe by this, she means to say it hurt her because it's as if she meant nothing to him and his time with her was so insignificant that he forgot her. So, indeed, she may be talking about after all these years, she is still hurt by him. 

• Like 10

I haven’t found one single person who is thinking what I’m thinking, but I’ll share anyway.

What if Joseon Nam-doo is approaching Ajusshi because he is there to help him?  KDR asked a difficult thing of his ajusshi friend, but maybe he also made other plans to help him succeed.  What if Nam-doo (and maybe even CH if he is going to redeem himself) have been tasked with something by KDR?

If you watch the Joseon scene without the ominous music--think “Rocky” music instead--and without preconceived ideas about ND and CH, I think it has a different feel.  Plus, the way they are shown meeting and running doesn’t make sense.

Sure, Nam-doo is greedy, but JJ knows all about it.  And, he already knows how ND reacted when he learned Chungie is a mermaid.  He still trusts Nam-doo.

Maybe ND really was meant to be a friendly place for JJ to go to after running away.  Maybe he was reincarnated to be a help in the same way as Ajusshi. 

Why would I think it’s even possible?  Why am I not worried that Joon-jae trusts Nam-doo?  When I came to LOTBS, my heart beat only for Heo Joon-jae.  Pettily, I believe he is infallible.  To me he is a genius who would not be fooled by Nam-doo.

• Like 11

@1ouise:  Thanks for sharing your theory. Well, I will have to watch the episodes again to see if I end up thinking the same as you.   LOL, the Joseon scene with the theme from Rocky.  Actually, that would have been great music in ep 1 or 2 when SC was beating up all the guys in Spain.  

I agree that HJJ knows Nam-Do is greedy, isn't that how they met?  I rather see SC with Tae Oh (or is it Do?) because we know he would not do anything to hurt SC, but Tae Oh/Do is busy with CSA.  But entrusting SC's safety with Nam Do does add to the suspense of the drama.  I would be pretty upset if Nam Do betrays HJJ.  I really don't like to see long time "friends" betraying one another.  Another reason that I don't think Nam Do is bad is that he is actively helping the detectives with the investigation.  If he were assisting MDY and KSH, he would keep information to himself or lie to the detectives to thwart the investigation.  

This drama is causing me to think a LOT about almost every scene.  Usually, i watch dramas just to relax at the end of the day and I don't think much about them, but my grey matter is definitely back on when I watch LBS.  

• Like 14

8 hours ago, Chellsee said:

@gentlelily12you are most welcome but the credit must go to the rightful owner. That particular gif was beautifully made by Legend from DC.

Missing HJJ and his cuteness. :heart:

GIFs via minoz_selene: LMH for Best Actor, he's really good as Joon Jae. :wub:

@Chellsee, done that by giving credit to Legend from DC for the great gifs of HJJ.

• Like 6

I can't wait for the preview! :bawling: I wanna know what Nam Do is gonna do in the absence of Hoe Jun Jae!! :tears:  

From the beginning, each episode ended in a way that makes viewers tune in to see what happens. I am so impressed!! The writer is awesome!!

It seems that almost all fans want 2 certain things. The first is good revenge and the second thing is a happy ending for JunChung couple. At least these two are what Knetizens ask for. I also want Jun Jae to get a good and satisfying revenge. But the thing that is worrying that Hoe Jun Jae doesn't know that Nam Do knows Chung is a mermaid and he is being so creepy behind JJ's back!! Nam Do shouldn't do anything wrong at least not until Jun Jae's back, because JunnJae asked him to take care of Chung and his request was like a favor he was asking from a friend or older brother. Ahhhh I am dying 2 know what happens in episode 18!! Any idea??? 

I think Since Lee MinHo's crying scene has drawn many attention , had the highest rating and has been praised, the opening of episode 18 will begin with Jun Jae's crying again.

PS   Where is the preview? I wish the preview come out sooner!!

• Like 15

13 hours ago, mythicalove said:

I managed to gather courage and ended up watching episode 17 again. Setting aside the major thing that happened in episode 17, because that's all I've been able to talk about until now, I want to highlight other special moments.

1) SC walking into HJJ's house and having a moment of silence to herself as she reminisce about the times she spent with HJJ there. It was extremely sweet and sad. 

"No matter how cold it is outside, there's a warm place for me to return to, to talk with you, laugh with, and have fun with you... Can see you anytime... The place I can love you as much as I wished." 

I absolutely love this line. His house was where they fell in love and shared precious memories. I admit, Il be a little sad when they move out of that house into another. Also, I heard it correctly right? SC clearly said that is the place she can love him as much as she wished. Love isn't used lightly. Love, in her case is wholeheartedly. 

2) SC's conversation with Yoona and homeless fashionista. It was quite a heartfelt conversation. Oddly, whenever it's this trio together, there's an underlying comical relief, however, in this particular scene, that was not the case. It was a sentimental conversation exchanged between the three. Isn't it so sweet how they are all each so different from one another, and in some ways similar in that they are somewhat outcasts from society, but they found comfort each other's presence? They make a lovely trio. 

There's more to love about this episode but those are some of my favorite parts.

I know this is off topic but that makes me happy to hear. I hope LMH and Suzy the best in their relationship. Two years down and I'm rooting for a lifetime together to come. They're absolutely cute and their personalities match so well.  :wub:

@mythicalove: Yes, in Episode 17, I mentioned that I loved the father son conversation in his room, the earphones scene, the one to one talk with SC about what is on her mind and the crying scene after seeing his dead father,  I also love the conversation and fight he had with CH, his short meeting with Si Ah when she confessed her love and his conversation with the detective and his bros. SC saying goodbye to her friends perhaps and Tae Ho at the Karaoke. Episode 17 is my favorite episode, I think or one of the top fav. episodes. I was thinking why Si Ah's bro and sis-in-law listened to HJJ's mom. It is because she is a chaebol's ex-wife and as for the detectives listening to HJJ is because he is a chaebol's son so they unconsciously command respect from the others below their status??? :)

@gtLmh0622: thanks so much for translating the writing from Weibo. Totally happy that she likes him and sees his charm.

Wow Minoz Mexico sent a food truck. I am so impressed and amazed, all the way from America. Not the food but the donors.

• Like 11