[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

2 hours ago, Ayame said:

I was curious again on the character description of HJ's father and stepmother, so I looked it up [credit to pshdaily]:

YOO MIN HO [HYE JUNG'S FATHER]: He is sensitive and strongly egoistic. He has a strongly dictatorial character and will be very angry if things don’t go under his control. Hye Jung’s mother has the same personality like him that always make them collide. He unintentionally injured and made Hye Jung’s mother die. Even though he feels guilty toward Hye Jung, he still neglects Hye Jung due to the ashamedness he has.

LEE GA JIN [HYE JUNG’S STEPMOTHER]: Mistress turned into a wife. She has a forced kindness. Always unconditionally say “yes” in front of her husband. She pretends to be a victim while also slowly gains her strength. She acts the same with Hye Jung. In the end, she isn’t the one who can’t tolerate Hye Jung, but it’s Hye Jung who can’t endure and decided to leave the house.

Hm, interesting. I wonder though. How did HJ's father unintentionally injure HJ's mother? Although, I guess since HJ's stepmother is described as a mistress, HJ's father did cheat before HJ's other died, after all. 

Thanks @Ayame for putting the description. That's why I said that I had the feeling that HJ had abandonment issues. To me, from an early age, she realised who the stepmother was and resented the cheating as an abandonment from her father. We shouldn't forget that Hye Jun is very intelligent and she must have heard her parents arguing. Besides, she had lost her mother.

The description explains us why Lee Ga Jin abused Hye Jun as a child. Since HJ was the daughter of the first wife, Lee Ga Jin was always reminded that she had been the mistress first. So her physical abuse and later verbal abuse were used in an attempt to get rid of HJ so that she wouldn't be reminded of her misdeeds. Therefore the stepsister is so clueless about her mother's behaviour. I guess, she was too young to witness the physical and verbal abuse and after HJ had been dumped and never mentioned again, she never saw her mother acting like a violent person. Notice that after the funeral, the stepsister wasn't there, when her mother blamed Hye Jun for the halmoni's death.

@jadecloud @USAFarmgirl Thanks for answering to my comments and for the compliments! raccoonlove-red-crab

@CamelKnight I have to disagree with you. Since in the character description it is written, she knew that Ji hong didn't love her and she thought that loving him was enough, to me JH made it clear enough that he only considered her as a friend. IF JH is to be blamed, then it is because he didn't end his relationship with her. But I can't blame him for that. She was his friend hence he didn't dare to cut ties with her. Hence she kept thinking, she could still persuade him to marry her. Still her marriage proposal "win-win situation" clearly illustrates that she was asking for an arranged marriage and not a marriage of love. All along, she knew that he never loved her that way. In the States, In Joo tried again and again to force JH to marry her ("I tried so hard") believing that the distance between JH and HJ would make him forget HJ. She failed and got so mad that her persistence didn't work out for her.  

@lc85

Going to back-read all the awesome posts in a minute. Just one day being away from this forum feels  like an entire week has passed in a blink! You guys are great!

Joining your conversation about IJ and apologies if someone already said the same thing. It seems to me that she puts it out there that she knows JH better than he does. She knows him better than anyone else. Is it possible that they were both orphans in the same orphanage, they became best friends there, grew up together or something like that?. I think JH's best (girl) friend will be HJs formidable foe. It can be difficult for any woman to establish a relationship with a man who has a best friend like IJ around. IJ has JHs past, they have a history together. JH has to set boundaries with her, stat. He did ask IJ to look afte HJ - that could come back to haunt him later. Just speculating ...

No, in my opinion, it is not possible. In Joo comes from a wealthy family, just like the samchun and JH. Therefore she offered the arranged marriage. Besides, YD's uncle said that they three  (IJ, JH and him) became friends at the university. So to me, that's where they met. 

• Like 14

Guest Agie

Now I need english translation of episode 7 preview...and it looks like Im Ji Yeon will cameo as Ji Hong's patient.

Cm5np3CUMAE1iKN.jpgCm5nd8-VMAEgRRv.jpgCm5nd9lVIAAITzn.jpg

credit pic to the owner

OMG! Thanks to all who posted Episode 7 preview!! I'm squeeing right now! The look on JH's face when he's about to get into his car, like a man hit by cupid's arrow. Sounds like he said it feels good to have a girlfriend? (I don't know Korean so it's only my imagination and wish that that's what he said). He's so walking on cloud 9! Hahaha :heart::heart::heart:

• Like 21

I know I said how previously if it's only 2 days away, I'd prefer no preview to build up more anticipation..

For the first time, I actually heard myself squeal so loud after seeing glimpse of images for the preview ep 7, that I'm beginning to question my sanity for Doctors. 

I have not even seen the preview! Someone please slap me.

• Like 19

Guest Agie

I hear the word kiss in this scene...OMG

QYmr4HL.png

....HAHAHAHA, i think Ji Hong will be the dead of her, he really open about his feeling...LOL seeing Hye Jung reaction, she look embarrassed...hihihihi

T1Y8NM5.png

p1OQOah.png

17 minutes ago, inshara2000 said:

It's something like did she check his schedule. Well that's what I read on TT

LOL I guess the translator was wrong. 

Thanks @rameennoodles 

heheh no worries. btw ur right she says something like "don't u have x thing going on rn" and he replies by saying "how do u know my schedule" 

• Like 18

I hope he said to HJ as she's running away from him "You can have my whole year's calendar! Free up some slots for us!"

Bwahahaha!!!

My imagination's working overtime. This preview is just too cute!!!  :D

• Like 24

4 minutes ago, caray said:

I hope he said to HJ as she's running away from him "You can have my whole year's calendar! Free up some slots for us!"

Bwahahaha!!!

My imagination's working overtime. This preview is just too cute!!!  :D

LMAO

he says 괜히설렜다 where

괜히 = in vain

설레다 = heart fluttering

so i'm assuming he's saying my heart fluttered for no reason? idk maybe the context of the preview was meant to mislead us?

but i think i like ur translation better AHAH

• Like 17

Guest myasally

So, they in a relationship already? Hye jung really look like a high school students in love, so adorable... Jihong~sam, please teach her a lot..... 

16 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahhaha so finally HJ kept something from her besties :D i thought she tell everything to SH as claimed by SH :D:D:D

HJ had never told SH about her special relationship with JH in the past. In that matter, SH has always been clueless. That's why she thinks, HJ is missing SC. SH wanted to tell her that she had found SC again believing that SC was HJ's first love. SH knew that there was someone in HJ's heart.

• Like 23