[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

7 minutes ago, kasjady said:

Me too, she's a lot more relaxed when she's with him. He's also quite understanding of her yet objective. They remind me so much of Emma Woodhouse and George Knightley from "Emma". If they do match her up with him, that's one couple I'll approve of :)

@kasjady Awww - I love that comparison and I totally get it. A Jane Austen reference in a kdrama forum - love it! The doctor's name is Pi Young-gook, according to Wikipedia. Hope this is correct.

• Like 8

I would considered this as Lingering lip kiss meaning it was close mouth kiss and involved the lips only which  lasted maybe 20sec. but in this scene i think it was more than 20 seconds:lol:( just correct me if i am wrong) their kiss is an indication of their Deep love in the future.(in DOCTORS i should say:lol:)

CmpcqT-UkAAfLnI.jpg

1467771931-89-org.jpg

http://www.topstarnews.net/detail.php?number=203429

• Like 22

I HAVE A GUT FEELING THAT SW WILL USE THE STEPMOM AGAINST HJ , DO SOMETHING TO BLAME EVERYTHING TO HJ. I WANT TO SLAP THE STEPMOM AFTER ALL SHE DID TO HJ (BUT WE REALLY HAVE THIS KIND OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD). LOVING SH HER FRIENDSHIP WITH HJ :) , AFTERI HEARING SW SAYING YO THE OTHER RESIDENT SH LEFT HER FOR HJ , SHE WANTS SH BECAUSE IF SW IS BESIDE HER SHE STANDS OUT :angry:. AS FOR JH HE FOUND TRUE LOVE IN HJ HE WAITED 13 YRS TO SAY THOSE OR SHOW THOSE FEELINGS, HE DOESNT WANT TO WASTE TIME ANYMORE :wub: AND HJ BEING POPULAR IN THE HOSPITAL MANY POSSIBLE ADMIRER YD, BFF OF JH, BOSS GANGSTER , GAS TANK BOY, AND MORE SPECIAL CHARACTER COMING :):) 

TO THE PRODUCER, WRITER DIRECTOR OF THIS DRAMA CAN WE HAVE SEASON 2 FOR THIS :) 

• Like 19

3 hours ago, lanti said:

SORRY FOR THE CUT

That last dance scene was so awkward. I had to close my eyes. Lucky PSH (my total bias) and KRW tried to make it less cheesy. haha. i couldn't imagine any REAL man doing it in real life. Just so ducking cheesy!

Anyway, I enjoy the episode but just felt like it was rushed. 

@lanti you're right, the last dance scene was awkward and cheesy, but he's in love and people in love tend to be cheesy. :rolleyes::)

• Like 19

I'm so happy that the rating has constantly increased over 6 episodes. Got a feeling that it will be the second DOTS drama! Support PSH clap clap***! 

Mona I have to recount down again for episode 7.. It's a long wait. I need BTS on the fighting and rain scene! 

• Like 20

41 minutes ago, Agie said:

This is keep bugging me for sometime .... is there any possibility in the future, when HJ and JH relationship was settle, HJ will call JH oppa or any sweet endearment, like in her phone "hong hong hong" ?

A bit weird for me if HJ still call JH saem, songsaengnim, or doctor in their private interaction, though I can understand if she call him like that in the hospital for professionalism sake:P

@Agie I actually prefer that they maintain professionalism and call each other "Dr" at the hospital. It seems more appropriate. I am wondering when HJ changed JH's name on her phone. Does he have a special name for her on his phone? If he did, I missed it.

• Like 12

Guest myasally

Just watched the epis, it is really good. I really don't expect jihong to yell at yd at the beginning of the epi, i really thought he don't have that kind of side in him... so does this mean we will get to see a jealous jihong in the future since hyejung have too many admirer in her life now? Plz writer-nim, lots of jealousy side for both of them hehe

I'm not a fan of seo woo, but the writer made her character to have so much pride and very immature in dealing with hye jung, but i do believe she will be the key point at the end..  the scene of her patient died really good, not that the dead is good but how seo woo react convince me she will be a better person in the future...

Do i have to talk about the kiss? Please don't judge the whole story in term of kiss.... we just at epi 6, jihong really want to kiss her all this time but at the same time he doesn't want to force it on her, that's how i translate the kiss... i really think hyejung is really fragile inside her and jihong just warming her up.

Anyway, happy 19% rating, hope we goes beyond 30 soon enough....and happy eid mubarak to all..

I thought i can refrain myself joining the discussion and happily read everything about doctors..:)

Here's what i thought about the ending  of episode 6..i think they only showed the beginning of the real kiss....they showed how awkward it is..and after THAT AWKWARD KISS..they will kiss again and it will be more passionate :)..u know how thry always end every episode..you will have to draw ur own conclusion..windering ur right or wrong...that's the fun of watching episode by episode of the drama..cliff hanger..;) so wr have another week of waiting..:). maybe they will end up.in jh place. ..:)...have fun waiting everyone....

• Like 19

I love how HJ father open a restaurant dedicated to Granny... I know that they possibly used the compensation money of Granny death to open this restaurant but atleast it was used in a meaningful way. Somehow I think her father has changed. Granny's death has soften his violent and perhaps abusive behaviour. He appears to regret how he treated Granny, HJ and her real mother and he hasnt have the courage to meet up with her.  Maybe his watched her from afar and knows that she became very successful without his help and for that reason he felt more ashamed to meet or acknowledge her.  

ce693b052b9bd7fbf5c4780e7e494211.png

objection-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286 StepMom is just so wicked.. by law she is HJ mother but how dare she claim it so. Gosh that women even insisted upon having her operation in this hospital to get the family discount... Like HJ said

581ae1bd335e8c3c5b255e11c7db0dc0.png

• Like 21

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Doctors" Episode 6

Spoiler

photo743774.jpg

We get a brief glimpse of Ji-hong's deeper darker motivations in the opening set this episode. The short of it is that Ji-hong had reasons to get involved with medicine that did not involve the birthright of his adopted family. I like these moments where we see the way Ji-hong interacts with other people without it all having to tie back to Hye-jeong somehow, because they give a better sense of who Ji-hong is a person aside from just the usual charm.

I yet remain less than enthralled with the overall direction in "Doctors" because of the lack of major ambition with the story. Although that's a bit of a glass half empty or half full proposition. If there's no focus on making the plot overly complicated, that's less time being spent creating arbitrary obstacles to the central loveline which makes "Doctors" quite a bit more streamlined than the usual drama when it comes to the balance between happiness versus struggle.

But the vague and undefined nature of the conflict can still be fairly difficult to grasp from an analytic perspective. I'm not all that sure where Hye-jeong's allegations of conspiracy are going to go in the long run. It does seem rather telling that while Hye-jeong's words and actions constantly state that investigating the cause of her grandmother's death is the top priority, yet she's able to quickly forget her quest for vengeance any time Ji-hong starts making cute faces at her.

Other characters remain generally appealling. I rather liked Seo-woo's scenes with the bitter patient, although the ultimate outcome has the odd effect of showing Seo-woo reacting in a very human way to the kind of situation that comes up in hospitals all the time. It begs the question of how much or little experience Seo-woo really has in the field. But it also begs the question of why Hye-jeong is so consistently stiff.

Admittedly Hye-jeong does get her own bitter patient with which to explore this conflict, for which we'll have to wait longer for a payoff. I think, actually, that this specific kind of delay is what's been leaving me less than impressed with the progression of the Ji-hong/Hye-jeong relationship. Sure they can kiss, united in a search for truth about family. But they never discuss really romantic stuff, like why family is important in the first place. For me, that makes it seem like their relationship has only scratched the surface- even if there's plenty of time to dig deeper.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-doctors-episode-6-96396.html

i can't say i agree with everything is written!

• Like 7

"Doctors" sets another record

"Doctors" went up again.

According to Nielsen Korea, the new SBS drama "Doctors" rated 19.7%.

This is 1.3% more than the previous episode and "Doctors" is about to breakthrough 20% anytime.

Meanwhile, MBC "Monster - 2016" rated 11% and KBS 2TV "Beautiful Mind" rated 4%.

READING THIS ARTICLE I FEEL SO HAPPY...CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE NEW RECORD DOCTORS TEAM!

• Like 17

34 minutes ago, andy78 said:

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Doctors" Episode 6

Reveal hidden contents

photo743774.jpg

We get a brief glimpse of Ji-hong's deeper darker motivations in the opening set this episode. The short of it is that Ji-hong had reasons to get involved with medicine that did not involve the birthright of his adopted family. I like these moments where we see the way Ji-hong interacts with other people without it all having to tie back to Hye-jeong somehow, because they give a better sense of who Ji-hong is a person aside from just the usual charm.

I yet remain less than enthralled with the overall direction in "Doctors" because of the lack of major ambition with the story. Although that's a bit of a glass half empty or half full proposition. If there's no focus on making the plot overly complicated, that's less time being spent creating arbitrary obstacles to the central loveline which makes "Doctors" quite a bit more streamlined than the usual drama when it comes to the balance between happiness versus struggle.

But the vague and undefined nature of the conflict can still be fairly difficult to grasp from an analytic perspective. I'm not all that sure where Hye-jeong's allegations of conspiracy are going to go in the long run. It does seem rather telling that while Hye-jeong's words and actions constantly state that investigating the cause of her grandmother's death is the top priority, yet she's able to quickly forget her quest for vengeance any time Ji-hong starts making cute faces at her.

Other characters remain generally appealling. I rather liked Seo-woo's scenes with the bitter patient, although the ultimate outcome has the odd effect of showing Seo-woo reacting in a very human way to the kind of situation that comes up in hospitals all the time. It begs the question of how much or little experience Seo-woo really has in the field. But it also begs the question of why Hye-jeong is so consistently stiff.

Admittedly Hye-jeong does get her own bitter patient with which to explore this conflict, for which we'll have to wait longer for a payoff. I think, actually, that this specific kind of delay is what's been leaving me less than impressed with the progression of the Ji-hong/Hye-jeong relationship. Sure they can kiss, united in a search for truth about family. But they never discuss really romantic stuff, like why family is important in the first place. For me, that makes it seem like their relationship has only scratched the surface- even if there's plenty of time to dig deeper.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-doctors-episode-6-96396.html

i can't say i agree with everything is written!

Can we please stop bringing reviews from Hancinema to this site. I really do not care for this reviewer and what he says about Doctors and the characters.

• Like 16