Quantcast
Rania Zeid

[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

You guys did a great job!  Still one of my favourite dramas!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! Thanks for the hard work... and the feels.  You were fantastic!!!  

• Like 3

W will be airing in Singapore on Channel U (free to air TV) on 16 August 17 10pm. 

I am truly excited and will be supporting the show after reading all the entries for the Kdrama contest. I have always wanted to watch W but have tons of backlog to catch up watching so this is a good time for me to watch the show on TV after reading through the entries. 

I believe that a good show will always be evergreen and last in the viewers hearts always. 

• Like 5

[Section TV] 섹션 TV - Drama 'w' No. 1 ratings 20160807

• Like 2

b2c5473887f18eff8bea065540272333.jpg

South Korea to be honored at LA Rochelle 2017 TV Fiction Festival

From the 13th to the 17th of September 2017, the 19th edition of the Festival of TV Fiction of La Rochelle will be held, a must-see event that highlights each year the best fictions and TV series of the year. Created in 1999, it honors French and international fiction. In total, more than 1800 professionals from the audiovisual world attend this event each year, considered the largest of its kind in France.

The prizes awarded are various: Best series, best telefilm, best web fiction, best female and male interpretations, best screenplay ...

This year, South Korea is honored with a special day devoted to it and will broadcast three Korean dramas in the cinemas "Le Dragon" and "La Coursive":

- W - TWO WORLDS , broadcast on MBC, directed by Jeong Dae-yun and written by Song Jae-jeong

185e5fa358c7f276c4df7e0955d872da9a28ec3d_hq-300x300.jpg

The father of the cardiothoracic surgeon, Oh Yeon-joo (Han Hyo-joo) mysteriously disappeared as he wrote the last chapter of his webtoon "W". Yeon-joo, in his office, is horrified to discover Kang Chul (Lee Jong-suk), the main character of "W", bloody, on his father's computer screen. As she reads a message left by her father, a hand comes out of the computer and catches it. She finds herself on the roof of a building, next to the man lying in his own blood. She gets to save him, but is shocked to see that person is Kang Chul. Before she realizes it, she is back in her father's office.

More information : www.festival-fictiontv.com

(Google translate)

Credit:  http://www.france-coree.com/fr/coree-sud-a-lhonneur-festival-de-fiction-de-tv-de-rochelle-2017/

P.S. Hope, W will be prized as well!

• Like 8

[NEWS] “W” has been invited as the honorary guest to Festival de la Fiction TV, a prominent drama festival funded by the French government..

It is the first time a non-French-speaking, non-European country has been invited as the festival’s honorary guest!Conggratzz

Via: @LJS_society 

• Like 7

featuredW.jpg&key=d1a551e30a8ada885d696c

K-dramas to screen at major French television festival.

Korea has been invited as the honorary guest country to Festival de la Fiction TV, a prominent drama festival funded by the French government. It is the first time a non-French-speaking, non-European country has been invited as the festival’s honorary guest. 

Producers, writers and directors of popular Korean drama series will attend the festival. Three Korean drama series have been invited for screening -- MBC’s “W,” a fantasy romance written by Song Jae-jung and directed by Jung Dae-yoon and Park Seung-woo; tvN’s “Signal,” a sci-fi crime thriller written by Kim Eun-hee and directed by Kim Won-seok; and “The Package,” set to begin airing on JTBC in October, written by Chun Sung-il and directed by Jeon Chang-geun. 

Screenings of Korean dramas are slated for Thursday and Friday. Following the screenings, the Korean guests will lead talks at a forum about trends in Korean drama and exporting formats.They will also meet with executives from major French television companies TF1, Canal+ and Gaumont Television to discuss French distribution and remakes of Korean dramas. Festival de la Fiction TV is a festival funded by the French government and features drama series from major French networks. Some 35,000 festivalgoers and 2,000 TV industry personnel attend the event each year. 

The competition category this year features 41 drama series, including 25 French dramas, 10 European dramas and six drama series from other French-speaking countries. “We hope this event will serve as an opportunity to export Korean dramas to Western Europe, which has been a dry area,” said Kim Rak-kyun, the head of global business at the Korea Creative Content Agency. “It signifies a rise in Korean dramas’ status in the world.” 

The annual festival, in its 19th edition this year, began Wednesday and runs to Sunday in France’s southwestern city of La Rochelle. 

Source. http://m.koreaherald.com/view

Via: http://www.thepicta.com/user/jongjoohoneycouple/2535916238

• Like 3

October 1, 2017
[Theme of the Month] Escapism vs. Realism

by javabeans

escapism_1.jpg

This month we’re talking about dramas that are fantastic and out-of-this-world, and also dramas that are slice-of-life and realistic. More to the point:

Do you watch dramas for escapism or realism? What is your relationship to dramas that aim for one or the other?

This is an open-ended prompt—it doesn’t have to be only about whether you prefer escapism to realism (or vice versa), or whether you think one kind is better represented in dramaland than the other. This is your opportunity to discuss either aspect of dramas as individual ideas, or both of them in relation to each other. Let us know what you think!

To submit:

Email your submissions to hello@dramabeans.com. If you have a registered Dramabeans account, include your handle so we can link to it.
Include at least 1 image, though more is preferred.
Suggested length: Between 500 and 1,000 words.
Deadline: We will post these on a rolling basis, so we’re taking submissions now. We will cut off accepting submissions on October 25. If you miss this month, join us for a new theme next month.

Spoiler

(Tip: Please name your documents and attachments something other than “Theme of the month” or “Dramabeans,” please! Submissions can be hard to track if they’re all named the same thing.)

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/10/theme-of-the-month-escapism-vs-realism/

• Like 1

Does anyone know where I can watch or download the special episode that MBC broadcasted about W this Sunday?
I've been looking for it but I can not find him.
Thank you very much

On 24.10.2017 at 5:50 AM, LadyTime said:

Does anyone know where I can watch or download the special episode that MBC broadcasted about W this Sunday?
I've been looking for it but I can not find him.
Thank you very much

I think it was the same W special ep. 17? If yes -->> download

http://myasiantv.se/drama/w/episode-17/

After I read the excellent submission of Team W for each round in the Soompi contest this summer, “W” was on my list of dramas I absolutely needed to watch. I finally watched it now (with a huge regret I didn’t do this sooner) and I felt I HAD to drop by to say a few words in this thread, although the drama ended a long time ago it is kind of late.

Without the slightest exaggeration, W is definitely one of the best things I’ve seen in the last two years (be it movies, Western series or Asian dramas) and I’m absolutely in awe. It’s the type of drama one could rewatch many times and each time is open to new meanings and revelations, and definitely NOT your usual drama. While watching it, I had the sensation that the plot of an existentialist book was unfolding on the display right before my eyes. The script writer is a genius, tackling very sensitive issues such as the concept of fate, one’s ability to reverse their predetermined destiny, the relationship between the creator/god and the “created”, and even the fictional character of life itself, which makes the plot downright philosophical. Also, besides the stellar acting of everyone, especially of the two protagonists, the cinematography is something you rarely get to see in a drama, and the special effects are really stunning, making an incredible mixture between webtoon and reality.

W is definitely a masterpiece of many kinds, and, although I was part of the other team in the Soompi contest, in all fairness I have to admit it equally deserved to win. And the number of awards and the recognition it got is definitely a proof of that. On my “to be rewatched” list.

• Like 4

Aw, I'm so glad to hear that, @silentwind! I loved this show to pieces (I was on the W team), and YES, I love how it stands up to multiple viewings. There are some dramas I really loved when I watched them, but there was no more to wring out of them for a second viewing. This one has so much that you almost have to watch it more than once to get it all. It makes you think AND feel. Welcome to the fan club. :):heart:

• Like 4

Thank you, @frozentundra, I definitely became a big fan of the series and now I feel the urge to dissect each and every episode because all of them are full of meaning (or, as you so beautifully put it, they make you think AND feel). I have already recommended this drama to all my friends who are not even fans of Asian dramas, because it is so atypical and above all expectations. I hope we will see something as good in the future too.

PS: Already got so attached to Kang Cheol and Oh Yeon Joo...what to do, what to doooooo :bawling:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, silentwind said:

I have already recommended this drama to all my friends who are not even fans of Asian dramas, because it is so atypical and above all expectations. I hope we will see something as good in the future too.

PS: Already got so attached to Kang Cheol and Oh Yeon Joo...what to do, what to doooooo :bawling:

Lol, join the club!! I have also hooked several people who have never seen any Asian tv shows of any kind. And yes, you want to dissect each and every element of that storyline. The script is brilliant. Despite having watched it several times, when I was on the drama contest team and analyzed it all over again, I was surprised that I was STILL discovering new things in it. My hat is off to writer nim Song Jae Jung. If I was going to a book (script?) signing like the one Oh Seung Moo goes to in the drama, I would totally be that one fan who throws himself down and says, "I respect you so much! Take me on as your pupil!" Lol.

As to KC and YJ--best OTP ever. Like, I have never seen chemistry like that. Go look up bts clips (it is MOAR off script than on), and join us at the Jongjoo Honeycouple thread if you like... :)

• Like 3

Now that u made me curious, I will search on youtube to see the BTS and will read the other thread too :D Glad I dropped by, hehehe

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, silentwind said:

Now that u made me curious, I will search on youtube to see the BTS and will read the other thread too :D Glad I dropped by, hehehe

You will never be the same AFTER you watch the BTS, believe me @silentwind.   Pardon me, you will not be silent.

And welcome on board!   Big hug to you!

• Like 4

@frozentundra thanks for the links! Already on them! 

@kembie thanks! will make sure to drop by on the JongJoo thread after I watch the BTS. And something tells me I am going to rewatch lots of W scenes since I already itch to see many of them again.

*research mode activated*

later edit: watched that 2 minutes MBC awards video and I am already hooked. They are as awesome as their characters irl too

• Like 4