[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

OK, this was so ridiculous, I have no words for it. Writers create such touching OTP's only to destroy them by focusing more on the side characters (like UF and now this). It was good, but what's with her fathers face getting erased? Come on! It would have been better to kill him off in the real world and instead put him in the manhwa world, that would be more fitting to this story. Now we have to wait for I don;t know how long for some romance/love scenes. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, loveandpeace09 said:

Can someone please explain what exactly happened in ep 9?

Did KC come to the real world?

I think I went nuts trying to understand this whole thing. :confounded:

Khamsamnida

@loveandpeace09, Kang Chul never went to the real world, each time, Yeon Joo was pulled back into the W world.  First she was suffering a high fever in the real world because Kang Chul was suffering in in W too. Once she woke up from it at home with her mum, she was pulled into w where Kang Chul was asleep in the hospital bed, she was about to stroke him when there  was a knock and she was interrupted and pushed back into real world.  second time she was parking her car and was about to enter a building but somehow was pulled into W and was standing just outside the hospital VIP suite and she got a brief glimpse of him still lying on the hospital bed. the third time she was about to scrub up for surgery when her ring dropped from her finger as she was trying to remove it, and as she was chasing the ring she and the ring got pulled into W, this time she bumps into Kang Chul. This Kang Chul is now recovered, but has no memeory of her, he apologises and then says nice ring and then leaves after answering his phone call from bodyguard and if we go back to the original it's two months after he was admitted into hospital and when he recovered he came out the hospital and he rang Yeon joo and picked her up at the bus stop that time. of course seeing him and not have him remember her was devasting for her that's why she cried some much back in the real world after his got into his car and drove away from the hospital, she was returned back to outside the Operating room.   The fourth time is when she was crying with the book over her face in the residents doctors sleeping quarters in the real world when she heard an emergency call over the hospital tannoy system, as Yeon Joo is running towards the E.R. we see a shitft from her hospital to that of the W hospital and where she suddenly gets very worried about Kang Chul being hurt or shot, he suddenly materialise in front of her asking her to help his employee, she is so in shock that he is before her eyes and not wounded as such, but then she sees him with Soo Hee and her heart breaks a little.

This is what i could gather from watching it raw. I hope this helps answer your question.  Kang Chul as never left the toon W world since Yeon Joo reset the drawing with him having dreamt up meeting her etc.

all the incidences that made Yeon Joo have contact with Kang Chul in the W world before the reset  still stands in this reset version.  

let me try to explain.  I will first go through all the 1st time meetings before reset happened and then link it with the 2nd visit after reset.

Yeon Joo meets Kang Chul first time while he is hurt on roof, but this time round she sees him after stabbing and safe in the hospital. but no contact or interaction is allowed.

Second time she goes in W world to save him from the drug administered by the nurse, this 2nd time round she just hovers outside his  hospital room door as the nurse enters in to adminster his drugs, she can only have a quick glimpse of him.

Third time, she goes to W world is when she is at the bus stop and meets kang chul after he is discharge from the hospital, this 3rd time she bumps into him as he is in the reception area of the W hospital after being discharge.

the 4th time she enters W world she was unconcisous in the dressing room after thinking of Kang Chul, this 4th time, she was crying on her daybed in her hospital thinking of Kang Chul with the manhwa book over her face.  

the string of afte that has them meeting each other is very strong, his unconscious self is drawing her back into the W world, the ring that was given to her in the W world when she had become the female lead, won't disappear even now that she is in the real world and she is no longer in the manhwa world because their connection to each other is so strong.

• Like 20

W Ratings! 18.08.16 

NIELSEN AGB KOREA :tears:

W-Two Worlds, National, 7th:  11.3%                           W-Two Worlds, Seoul, 5th: 12.5% 

Uncontrollably Fond, National, : 8.7%                         Uncontrollably Fond, Seoul, 9th: 9.6% 

Wanted, : 4.9%

TNMS :blink:

W-Two Worlds, National, 4th:  12.7%                          W-Two Worlds, Seoul, 3rd: 14.7

Uncontrollably Fond, National, : Out of top 20               Uncontrollably Fond, Seoul, 18th: 6.9% 

*I blame it on the break up :tears: / OLYMPICS, Im having a hard time watching it a second time knowing that my OTP are separated. Closing ceremonies for the olympics is this Sunday so hopefully W can get back on track and scrap that ridiculous OSH love line

• Like 12

43 minutes ago, gregandchau_at_gmail.com_stv said:

all the incidences that made Yeon Joo have contact with Kang Chul in the W world before the reset  still stands in this reset version.  

let me try to explain.  I will first go through all the 1st time meetings before reset happened and then link it with the 2nd visit after reset.

Yeon Joo meets Kang Chul first time while he is hurt on roof, but this time round she sees him after stabbing and safe in the hospital. but no contact or interaction is allowed.

Second time she goes in W world to save him from the drug administered by the nurse, this 2nd time round she just hovers outside his  hospital room door as the nurse enters in to adminster his drugs, she can only have a quick glimpse of him.

Third time, she goes to W world is when she is at the bus stop and meets kang chul after he is discharge from the hospital, this 3rd time she bumps into him as he is in the reception area of the W hospital after being discharge.

the 4th time she enters W world she was unconcisous in the dressing room after thinking of Kang Chul, this 4th time, she was crying on her daybed in her hospital thinking of Kang Chul with the manhwa book over her face.  

the string of afte that has them meeting each other is very strong, his unconscious self is drawing her back into the W world, the ring that was given to her in the W world when she had become the female lead, won't disappear even now that she is in the real world and she is no longer in the manhwa world because their connection to each other is so strong.

Good observations, I agree with this. All the time in this episode make it seems like OYJ just randomly appeared in W world, but it was not random because OYJ was originally suppose to be there to save KC. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, marie67 said:

OK, this was so ridiculous, I have no words for it. Writers create such touching OTP's only to destroy them by focusing more on the side characters (like UF and now this). It was good, but what's with her fathers face getting erased? Come on! It would have been better to kill him off in the real world and instead put him in the manhwa world, that would be more fitting to this story. Now we have to wait for I don;t know how long for some romance/love scenes. 

I definitely understand why the rating is getting lower. Casual viewers are always expect the main hero of drama to fight for his life, his love and the heroine, but our hero KC demasculinized himself by giving up everything soooo fast in ep 8 (he likes jumping from heights anyway), which led to many disappointments emotionally. Every bad things happend (the pain YJ had to suffer alone, innocent people massacred, the culprit's rage) are consequences of KC's unheroic action.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gregandchau_at_gmail.com_stv said:

@loveandpeace09, Kang Chul never went to the real world, each time, Yeon Joo was pulled back into the W world.  First she was suffering a high fever in the real world because Kang Chul was suffering in in W too. Once she woke up from it at home with her mum, she was pulled into w where Kang Chul was asleep in the hospital bed, she was about to stroke him when there  was a knock and she was interrupted and pushed back into real world.  second time she was parking her car and was about to enter a building but somehow was pulled into W and was standing just outside the hospital VIP suite and she got a brief glimpse of him still lying on the hospital bed. the third time she was about to scrub up for surgery when her ring dropped from her finger as she was trying to remove it, and as she was chasing the ring she and the ring got pulled into W, this time she bumps into Kang Chul. This Kang Chul is now recovered, but has no memeory of her, he apologises and then says nice ring and then leaves after answering his phone call from bodyguard and if we go back to the original it's two months after he was admitted into hospital and when he recovered he came out the hospital and he rang Yeon joo and picked her up at the bus stop that time. of course seeing him and not have him remember her was devasting for her that's why she cried some much back in the real world after his got into his car and drove away from the hospital, she was returned back to outside the Operating room.   The fourth time is when she was crying with the book over her face in the residents doctors sleeping quarters in the real world when she heard an emergency call over the hospital tannoy system, as Yeon Joo is running towards the E.R. we see a shitft from her hospital to that of the W hospital and where she suddenly gets very worried about Kang Chul being hurt or shot, he suddenly materialise in front of her asking her to help his employee, she is so in shock that he is before her eyes and not wounded as such, but then she sees him with Soo Hee and her heart breaks a little.

This is what i could gather from watching it raw. I hope this helps answer your question.  Kang Chul as never left the toon W world since Yeon Joo reset the drawing with him having dreamt up meeting her etc.

Wow...this makes a lot of sense now.....thank you soo much for that detailed explanation !!  :blush: !!

• Like 8

I loved this episode. If you are worried that we won't have romance for a long time, don't worry! This show has proven it's not predictable at all. It does not run like normal dramas. We could have more romance at any time. You never know what will happen in this show. I love that it's not the same old boring and predictable story. I love how they "broke up" because it's something different and it's realistic honestly. I don't know what else they could have done. 

Today was sad and scary, but I 100% do not believe it's going to be drawn out sad and scary until the end. The writer has shown us that each episode has a twist and turn and new surprise. We know there needs to be more romance and I'm sure the writer does too. This is the most interesting drama I've ever seen. Don't worry about what might happen before it's even over. Espeically when it's been great so far. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, daloula said:

Just stopping by to say that this drama is driving me crazy :astonished:

Hello! I am also doing the same thing, dropping by to say this drama is also driving me crazy. So the clock has been reset and now the faceless killer has dad's face? Does that mean that 'dad' if he is killed in the webtoon he is dead in real life?? 

And i I have to say my heart goes out to YJ. I cannot imagine carrying such feelings of love, concern and pain around. Whenever she see KC she can't help it but be drawn back to him. Although I understand why KC chose to make that decision, the pain she now has to go through all over again is just really utterly heart breaking.:bawling:

okay and I'm out! Got to go to work! 

• Like 7

When the police pulled Yeon Joo's dad out of his apartment they said his name was Han Sang Hoon and he knew Kang Chul's dad. So I don't think the killer is YJ's dad but has just taken his look, that's why he's lost his face in the real world. They've given the killer an identity and a back story but he's a character that they don't have control of. Or at least that's what I think, most of my theories for this show have been wrong so far :lol:

Oh, and hi, I've been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to make an account :)

• Like 7

I honestly thought that KC's sacrifice of his memories of the truth about the manhwa world and his love for YJ was quite heroic. Though it seems to have ended up almost useless, the fact that he was willing to do so doesn't strike me as he being unwilling to fight for YJ.
I'm all for different interpretations of the drama but I guess it surprises me that some see it negatively. Makes me wonder what other options people believe he had at that moment.

In hindsight, though, it seems to have been a dangerous mistake seeing how the killer has all the memories and KC doesn't.

At least now, we'll get to see KC and YJ fall in love again, and maybe have a lot of the romance people only seem to be watching the show for. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the showing the chemistry between HHJ and LJS, however, putting romance in scenes that don't call for it strikes me as a really bad idea.

Anyone know why the ratings went down? Is it the Olympics? Because I thought this was one of the stronger episodes plotwise. Though maybe the knowledge of incoming lack of romance made people a little unwilling to tune in?

• Like 15

27 minutes ago, poisonic said:

I definitely understand why the rating is getting lower. Casual viewers are always expect the main hero of drama to fight for his life, his love and the heroine, but our hero KC demasculinized himself by giving up everything soooo fast in ep 8 (he likes jumping from heights anyway), which led to many disappointments emotionally. Every bad things happend (the pain YJ had to suffer alone, innocent people massacred, the culprit's rage) are consequences of KC's unheroic action.

Been lurking for a while and had no intention to join soompi but I had to just to say this, I DISAGREE.

Calling KC's decision unheroic is demeaning his great character here. More than YJ who only had to sacrifice her love, KC decided to give up his love, his free will and his knowledge/self-awareness for what he believed is for the greater good, for his friends and for YJ. The fact that he willingly reached out to SM and gave SM control over his life once more despite that scene in Sohee's room where he mourned their one track purpose is so powerful. If this series ended with ep 8 he would still be a hero. If he was willing to give that much surely our heroine can try to give as much.

The decrease in ratings imo could be because there are so many questions that the writer might answer later on but at this point even I think its too much to keep track of. I can only go wtf so many times before I bow out and let the series finish before continuing.

• Like 16

I really hope Yeon Joo's parents DO NOT get together. The father seems like he still has problems, especially after watching the meeting between Chul and him. The father was acting like he wanted to get shot by Chul. Also, there is no mention of father being sorry to his wife. He seems to only care about the daughter. Being divorce is not fun and not easy, especially in Korea, it's frowned upon even more so when the child is still so young. If mother divorced him despite all these, then she must REALLY want to divorce him. 

I don't want another divorced parents getting back together without any problems getting sorted out.

anyway, the drama is getting more exciting each time!!!

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, tofuetoffee said:

Been lurking for a while and had no intention to join soompi but I had to just to say this, I DISAGREE.

Calling KC's decision unheroic is demeaning his great character here. More than YJ who only had to sacrifice her love, KC decided to give up his love, his free will and his knowledge/self-awareness for what he believed is for the greater good, for his friends and for YJ. The fact that he willingly reached out to SM and gave SM control over his life once more despite that scene in Sohee's room where he mourned their one track purpose is so powerful. If this series ended with ep 8 he would still be a hero. If he was willing to give that much surely our heroine can try to give as much.

The decrease in ratings imo could be because there are so many questions that the writer might answer later on but at this point even I think its too much to keep track of. I can only go wtf so many times before I bow out and let the series finish before continuing.

THIS! for me, KC's was very selfless heroic sacrifice that if I was him, would be really hard to make. i also think that that was the best idea at the time, especially counting the very little information that he had at the moment. 

• Like 5