[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

27 minutes ago, enps123 said:

Does anyone know if MBC is gonna release the special episode from 1-7 today?
Or when are they gonna release it?

I really don't know if it will be releasd but it hould have ben relased by now if they wr planin for that since it aired many hours ago!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

I really don't know if it will be releasd but it hould have ben relased by now if they wr planin for that since it aired many hours ago!!

I know! I thought that they will release it today! I got excited for nothing :bawling: 
I was hoping to see unseen bts :w00t::wub:

• Like 5

tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko3_r4_400.gif tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko7_r2_400.gif tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko8_r3_400.gif

tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko4_r4_400.gif tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko2_r3_400.gif

tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko6_r5_400.gif tumblr_obrc74BBzv1smxxiko5_r1_400.gif

Kang Chul + favorite outfits [part 1 / 2]

cr: kdramadose

we still need the turkoise suite, the peach coat, the black suite and the black t-shirt, ah and the shirt he wore when he was taking care of Yeon Joo when she was sick and that means my favorites are everything he wore!! hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :love:

• Like 12

2 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

I am terrified of that!! what kind of a cliffhanger will he do to end her back to her world?!! why did he have to be on a rooftop?!! :scream: I Really Want Him To Stay Away From Every Hight Place In The Entire Korea!! :confounded:

sorry to cut your post!! :) I really loved reading it!! but I think that for now though Kang Cheol does found a new reason to live through Yeon Joo's love that reason isn't permanent for him yet!! he till believe that will diapeare and he will be left all alone by himself in his fake life and is only living the moment with her without taking full controle over his life not believing in his ability or worth to do that but the hooded man will puh him to take some controle over his life to fight back to avenge his family and protect Yeon Joo though he still won't believe in his happy ending and that would be Yeon Joo's job to change that!! :D

yes!! Yeon Joo is really a great character and I think this is the 1st time we see the female lead saving and protecting the male lead over and over again which I love!! Yeon Joo our hero's savior!!  :wub: 

@sakura2016 great to hear your reply. i have been lurking (sometimes by not signing in, while i rush to rewatch and jot notes, to make sure i got the details correct, b4 i still posting, while i lurked, you are one of those who chose not to keep busy with other shows, thank God for people like yourself who keep this site busy and fill our daily lives with longing for more updates, thanks for your thoughts and interaction with everyone...
agreed that the reason to live isn't permanent due to the rewriting of hoodie back into the comics, it shakened his confidence even when he know thoroughly that hoodie isnt and is as much a creation as himself..... yet he was has this fighting spirit instil within him since the beginning, its in his character to hang to even to a thin thread,. remember the scene he was wrote to give up in life after whole famly massacred, he jumped but hang on to fight to live on by just one arm holding on the bridge edges. .... when his creator give up on him, he fought back himself to live..
to say Yeonjoo is his key in life, she is both the key to open his heart door, and yet at the same time, she is a door itself, a different door at a diff location that point him away from the wrong direction of whole life in seeking vengeance. at least he wanted to believe he can change his genre from suspence thriller to sweet rom-com (even with a PG18 content)... that's why while he was so touched by what Yeonjoo declared in the jail-bus, his eyes was glimmering with criystals tears showing that he was moved and understand immediately what is YJ trying to do in the prison-bus, she was helping him to focus on whatever he think he lost, she was actively showing him the direction to the door, and she is also actively showing him the attitude and ways to walk towards that door, using herself as the Key. she herself, as the walk, the door, the key, telling him to focus. i loved a very actively engaging female lead, she is far from a demsel in distress, she saved him more than 3 times, kissed him 3 times, said i love you 3 times, she single handedly unconditionally give and give and give, even after knowin he shot her dad.

Actually even while he knew a little emotions deep change can send her back, yet he knew she will find her way back to him, jsut like before, already proven, even if it took 2 months, she will make it back. back to comfort himself, that as long as she is beside him, he will hang on to the thin thread, while he need to step back and rethink his goal in life and his responsibilites even towards people like DY and SH and ahjushi-inspector... all these people are now his responsibilities, so its beyond himself and his own tragedy alone for him to sulk and give up living,

meanwhile, while the difference between the past when he fought back the 'creator' writing him to die, this round his revivification spirit take on new meaning, as someone he loved is fighting along him, like what you said, his degrating and worthlessness revived to a new sense of seeing beyond what is real, or comics is worthless- kinda thoughts,  self-worthiness takes on new meaning. but he needs time to think, as what he told ahjushi-inspector who become this mentor friend,

then, the pivotal point came, when hoodie returns which spin everything almost back to square one. but the most fatal of it all, is ep8's finding that Yeonjoo is not invincible anymore. to fight a masked faceless nemesis he can, esp when he knew this nemesis is not more dangerous than the stroke of her dad's pen in writing his demise... but sight of YJ's blood is the game changer, it rocked his foundation, its beyond his pride that is wounded, or his trust in people around him. or his ability to protect all the written people that meant something to him, when YJ's threatened in life, before he can find out the solution, its his turn to make sacrifice, his turn to save her, his turn to suggest ending the sole channel for her to return. by asking her to use her own hand to write him wake up unable to remember her, is cutting off the final single mean of her returns. by far, maybe because she is the original Creator of him, at first he need to pull her physically by his own hand.. which progress into just by missing her, thinking about her, when he lost memories of her, he will not be bringing her back any more. at least, her life is secure.
But Chul-ah, don't you think what kinda of living corpse you are turning YJ into, by sparing her physical life, yet asking her to use her own hand to write you forget her, is asking her to jump the Han River in her soul into the abyss forever. she herself will locked in that deep sea of her soul. Remember she in the jail, telling herself, for past 30 yrs, only this moment (after the confession epic kiss) is real. she rather live in a fake world but with a real sincere love genuinely given by a fake character.

i am surprised, this genre of comic inspired dramas, or comic related drama, can actually stirred many philosophical thoughts, and raise some questions; what is real or fake world, what is our own rights to decide our life, waht is the rights and responsibilities of author in shaping his characters that he crafted out? is art directions and faithuflness to original genre direction above giving the characters that fans has grown to loved, why some fans demand romance removal or even laud tragedy as ending as long as it add depths and excitment to the show?

sorry, @sakura2016 am so long winded, supposes to answer you a short question, but i just lost in the overwhelming thoughts.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, enps123 said:

I know! I thought that they will release it today! I got excited for nothing :bawling: 
I was hoping to see unseen bts :w00t::wub:

Actually, they already released it, but it was basically just episode 1-7 recaps. So nothing special at all.
(but if you want to see it, please let me know. I will pm the video links for you.)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

thank you for sharing them!! :wub: 

this is really me :lol: 

you are welcome :)...that one was me too  during the kiss scene in the last episode...I was literally screaming :lol:

@jigee I´m glad that you enjoyed it and it helped to cheer you up :blush:. Her memes are really awesome and I enjoy sharing her awesome talent.

I hope that we get 2 episodes this week. I feel like this one episoder per week is disrupting the flow of the story.

• Like 6

Some more blogs that are reviewing this show...

The first one is having an interesting concept as the author is not writing weekly posts but rather updating her one post for this drama with the new impressions she gained. This concept makes it easier to achtually see the flow of the story as the blogger understands and feels it...

W Kdrama is DA richard simmons

July 25, 2016 By onigirilove 1 Comment

DAEBAK! MBC’s W Kdrama is DA richard simmons. (And I still can’t get over the fact that I’d even consider putting that as a title!) Show is freaking awesome!

w kdrama

It’s so amazing that even if I still have a handful of new kdramas to review (Uncontrollably Fond, Bring It On Ghost, and a handful of Japanese dramas I’ve been following), I just decided to shelve everything and write about W kdrama NOW.

If you’re in the mood for a supernatural-fantasy-suspense love story, or simply put… if you want an AWESOME drama, check out W kdrama.

W Kdrama Trailer

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t looking forward to this drama at all because the first trailers I saw didn’t make a dot of sense to me. Here, let me show you…

full review: http://onigirilove.com/2016/07/w-kdrama/

---

The Shower of Kisses & a Warning - W - Episode 7 Review - Korean Drama 2016

By Ambreen Latif | Friday, August 12, 2016 Leave a Comment

The previous episode ends where Yeon Joo was all worried to bring back Chul to life. She ask So Bong for help but nothing change. As for we were curious how will Chul come back to life. So Bong can't draw the exact as Writer Moo. Also there was the caption "to be continued". All these questions we want to knew how will they proceed with the world W. We started episode 7.

The Shower of Kisses & a Warning - W - Episode 7 Review - Korean Drama 2016

So Bong told Yeon Joo that back then he heard from Mr Sung Moo that Chul wasn't his creation. It was created by Yeon Joo when she was a kid. He only just pick the concept and continued the story. We thought it will be the time for Yeon Joo to be surprised and drag in W's world but it wasn't. Ten she remember her childhood memories how she created Chul.

We never thought the story would be at this point. Only we got to knew that Yeon Joo had some connection with Chul life that's why she dragged in Chul's world.

full review: http://anewkindofhobby.blogspot.de/2016/08/the-shower-of-kisses-warning-w-episode.html

---

W-Two Worlds: Fangirling Over Lipseu Episode 7

Posted in Reviews by ErlNotEarl

01e8EAk4_8bfe88_f

Erl: We’re back and we’re in for another bumpy and surprising ride. At this point, I stopped thinking anything is going to be relatively mellow with this drama. It has the element of surprise in spades that even if  you think that you’ve got a clear grasp of the cause and effect; you’re still at a disadvantage cause it can sneak up on you anytime. You’ll never know when it would tilt the whole table in the opposite direction which is fun and definitely keeps you on your toes.  Not to mention somewhat aggravating but all in a good way, so good that you’ll be wishing the next episode comes sooner than expected.

Me: I am hoping for a Healer pace! I want it to be more action… You think we will get it? 

W07-01

Me: We back up a little bit and gets the explanation about the real creator of W.

Mari: So everyone was right! How did I completely missed the fact that Oh YeonJoo was drawing a version of Kang Chul as a child?

Nelly: Sorry, ladies. I must be dreaming. Younger YeonJoo in previous episode and current doesn’t match. Am I crazy? And Mari, it was obvious when her parents were quarreling and she was in tears with a drawing of Kang Chul on her desk.

full impression post: https://mymyooz.wordpress.com/2016/08/15/w-two-worlds-fangirling-over-lipseu-episode-7/

• Like 7

Thoughts on episode 7:

Loved it! Nothing but sweet moments. I knew she was involved with creating him somehow but I didn't know to what extent. I had thought she just drew his face... but now it seems she created his sharpshooting background as well as his other bio. It didn't show if she created his name though. Perhaps that was left up to the father. Now the story is hers. And the killer is trapped in the real world because she has inadvertently written him out. She told Kang Cheul that she wasn't in to thrillers, mystery or revenge type pieces but rather 'sweet romance' so that's the direction the story of the comic will take. She's changed the genre and I think by doing so she's blocked the killer from coming back. Hence why he asked Kang Cheul how to get back. Question is how he got there in the first place. Did a portal open for him too? Are they so interconnected that he goes where Kang Cheul goes? I think they'll have to sketch in the details of the killer further for there to be a reckoning between the two. 

The four options was a very cute piece of writing. Personally I'd go for number four too.. blacko-emoticon-04.gif though three does have it's merits. Her facial expressions during the exchange were also pretty amusing. I bet they had a blast filming that scene. 

Some have said that Kang Cheul isn't as deep into the romance as she is. I don't agree with this. Yes he had to get her out of prison but he didn't have to go as far as marriage to obtain it. Lets face it, he didn't look all that put out by the arrangement either. I think she wears her heart on her sleeve while he is more guarded but the fact that he wants to romance her is telling. He's studied up on what she might like because he has no prior experience in the dating field before. He is just as much as invested in her as she is with him. When she disappeared after telling him she loves him it was because it affected him so much. Her coming and going has to do with his feelings and thoughts on her. She came back nearly straightaway because he was thinking of her and wondering when he would see her again. If this isn't love smitten I don't know what is. And now we have the fact that the killer is threatening her. He'll see it as protecting her to get her to stay in the real world. If he wasn't all that into her, he wouldn't want to protect her so badly. 

The secretary is not the heroine of the story anymore so she will disappear unless she is given a new role. I dread to think the pair will go all noble and sacrifice their love to save her demise but that's one scenario I see happening. Unless they write her in as nanny to their children.... devil-laugh-leaf-emoticon.gif 

It's interesting the writer took inspiration for the story line from that A-Ha music video.

Spoiler

The protagonist there eventually fights his way out of the cartoon and to the girl from the real world. Possible indication of the ending? Although I think we can see him coming to real world eventually for good. But it's nice to have it inferred. It'll be a tough call, but I eventually want to see a happy ending. 

• Like 11

Could it be possible that Oh Yeon Joo actually becomes part of the manhwa's world, rather than Kang Chul becoming part of the real world? Yeon Joo is bleeding in the preview + its hinted she becomes the new female main character instead of Yoon So Hee.

• Like 6

@kiarashi

It's a possibility although I don't personally don't see it happening. She's been written in as a character now but she's real and not originally a part of the manhwa. Plus she created Kang Cheul as her ideal and somehow that ideal has been given life. She's bleeding now because she has a role to play as his wife but she's not permanently stuck in that world as she is still anchored in the real one otherwise she wouldn't be going back and forth between the two. I don't think it's possible for her to become a permanent resident there. 

Going back to the A-Ha video, there are a lot of parallels with W. I could be wrong but I see this as telling of the ending, where he ends up in the real world, as a real person and not just some character from a manhwa. 

You've seen it yourself - time stops in the manhwa. Characters are left suspended in nowhere land. The manhwa can't be written forever to keep them alive. There has to be an ending to it and when it comes that's it for them. I can't see their world continuing hence why it's more logical for him to come to the real world. He's already accepting of the fact those closest to him are characters created by Yeon Joo's father. That means he doesn't see the manhwa world as real anymore. The bubble has burst for him so to speak.  

• Like 11

1 hour ago, MadraRua said:

@kiarashi

It's a possibility although I don't personally don't see it happening. She's been written in as a character now but she's real and not originally a part of the manhwa. Plus she created Kang Cheul as her ideal and somehow that ideal has been given life. She's bleeding now because she has a role to play as his wife but she's not permanently stuck in that world as she is still anchored in the real one otherwise she wouldn't be going back and forth between the two. I don't think it's possible for her to become a permanent resident there. 

Going back to the A-Ha video, there are a lot of parallels with W. I could be wrong but I see this as telling of the ending, where he ends up in the real world, as a real person and not just some character from a manhwa. 

You've seen it yourself - time stops in the manhwa. Characters are left suspended in nowhere land. The manhwa can't be written forever to keep them alive. There has to be an ending to it and when it comes that's it for them. I can't see their world continuing hence why it's more logical for him to come to the real world. He's already accepting of the fact those closest to him are characters created by Yeon Joo's father. That means he doesn't see the manhwa world as real anymore. The bubble has burst for him so to speak.  

*nod* Makes sense. :D

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, kiarashi said:

*nod* Makes sense. :D

Disclaimer : I could be very wrong here meh-onion-head-emoticon.gif but I'm glad I made sense to someone :D 

Loved this scene in the police centre... not even the intrusion of the detective could interrupt them .. 

pGh3LYm.gif

I'm so glad there's real kisses in this drama admire2-onion-head-emoticon.gif

NF7FsYY.gif

• Like 13

10 hours ago, sharreb said:

Suddenly i had a very farfetch thinkin. Call me crazy. 

What if aft the separation and YJ comes back. They got back together. Got intimate. She's pregnant. Dont bash me, i swear im not thinking along pervy lines. 

But it would be interesting if they have a child. That would make Kang Chul legit. Cause hes d father of the flesh and blood they created. 

I know. Im in super crazy mode. This is the effect of W withdrawal. Too much rewatchin and under Kang Chul lady killer spell.

And i think someone posted earlier a pic that what Han Hyo Joo and Lee Jong Suk's kid would look like. Thats among one of the reasons inciting such line of thought from me.. Im still above stratosphere with my far fetch imagination..

Yes! You're not the only one who had that idea. Lol. That'd be great. What would they name the baby? Lol. What would be his and hers (and Soo Bong's!) reaction to finding out?! (Can you imagine Soo Bong having to take his Noona to the hospital for the ultrasound? Hahahah!) Yes, the W-Effect is affecting the brain in crazy, mind-consuming ways. Fortunately you're all so wonderful in feeding this need in theories and pics, etc. Thank you. You're beautiful! Kamsahmnida!! :blush:

I need fanfiction. Lol. There was one brave soul, and they were marvelous. But...I...want...more...*whispers quietly*. Please? I'm not talented to do so...sorry. :flushed:

@MadraRua Yes, you totally made sense to me, and I completely agree with all your statements. Your thought: "He is just as much as invested in her as she is with him". Love this! Some people cannot show what their true feelings are, yet their feelings run deep. Like Jane Bennet in Pride and Prejudice; she seemed indifferent in her feelings of Mr. Bingely according to Mr. Darcy. However, even her sister Lizzie said in her behalf that her sister "hardly shows her true feelings to me!" (2005) 

Edited by Jafstar
To quote someone
  • Like 9