[Drama 2016] W-Two Worlds 더블유

gangurhar

10 hours ago, asiaren said:

Only heavy truck travel time 

:heart:

timeline_card_small_super_default.pngLi Zhongshuo talked about the
special feature of the director's edition of "W Two Worlds": w comics, after a rough shoot, the machine turned over a bit. (Official physical comics are rarely very full).
Spoiler

Part I:

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Sensational!

I've been waiting for this for years !!!
The true manhwa of drama.
I knew it was published in a special edition of the drama, and only for pre-orders.
I'd just seen a quick review about it on youtube, but never the contents of the manhwa.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

semi_realism_vs_webtoon_style__by_gerimisore_daf3g76-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzUwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMDNkNjgyNWEtNTdiYi00Y2M1LThjY2EtOWQwOWVjZTNjMmE4XC9kYWYzZzc2LTk3ZGNjNjM4LWY2MzItNDRmOC1hZTU2LTZhNzhhMTliYzkyNC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9NjAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.GE6a0zfAYaFZwqs06IJyc7Z4tDvMBqj9_BRr92sTdP4https://www.deviantart.com/gerimisore/art/Semi-realism-vs-Webtoon-style-630016962

• Like 4

@Asiaren, thanks for keeping W alive on this forum ;-)
And I'm looking forward to the next part of the manwha.

My contribution.
W two worlds - Season 2 - W four worlds
It's not really a spoiler, because anyone can guess it from the first episode.
Excerpt from episode 7:
IMG_07_RenBoExit.jpg
Ren-Bo aka Butterfly Girl walks in a park on the Han River.

(I'm not good at photo editing and I have to rework the first episodes. In the meantime, this one is one of the best).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, asiaren said:

http://w4worlds.eklablog.com/

....great work ,my dear wenchanteur..!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::heart:

Hi!

If you're interested, read the episodes.

I have almost no feedback, so I don't know if it would really look like a season 2, as it could be shown on TV.
After all, I assume you're an expert on "W". Who would know better?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[in drama land] Since I’ve been at home so much, I discovered so many new dramas, my “to-watch-list” is getting longer and longer. I finished W quite a while ago, but it was one of my favorite dramas yet, so I recommend it to everyone!  ______________________________________________  #kpopjournal#journal#kpop#bulletjournal#bujo#bulletjournalling#kpopjournalling#journaling#minimalism#creativejournaling#koreandrama#kdrama#drama#kdramalover#kdramaspread#w#wthetwoworlds#leejongsuk#hanhyojoo

[in drama land] Since I’ve been at home so much, I discovered so many new dramas, my “to-watch-list” is getting longer and longer. I finished W quite a while ago, but it was one of my favorite dramas yet, so I recommend it to everyone!:thumbsup:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching this today and I’m hooked. I’ve always liked sci-fi and this one is a bit different from the others I’ve watched. Also the first time I’ve seen Han Hyo Joo and she’s a beauty.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bojun said:

Just started watching this today and I’m hooked. I’ve always liked sci-fi and this one is a bit different from the others I’ve watched. Also the first time I’ve seen Han Hyo Joo and she’s a beauty.

She really is. And the drama itself is wildly inventive. It's not perfect (no drama is?), but it's my favorite. :wub:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bojun said:

Without spoiling the ending for me,  is it true the ending was happy for one lead character but not for the other character?

Hi @Bojun Generally, there is a happy ending for both but they or one, lost someone dear who sacrificed himself for their happiness.  As Hyo Joi-ssi said in one interview, thanks the the translator, both KC n OYJ suffered a lot in the drama.  You will like it.  Do watch.  Most of us have no regrets watching it.  In fact, some of us repeated it. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, kembie said:

Hi @Bojun Generally, there is a happy ending for both but they or one, lost someone dear who sacrificed himself for their happiness.  As Hyo Joi-ssi said in one interview, thanks the the translator, both KC n OYJ suffered a lot in the drama.  You will like it.  Do watch.  Most of us have no regrets watching it.  In fact, some of us repeated it. 

Okay thanks for that. I will definitely watch and finish the drama. I’m up to episode 9 after just a day. 
Wow that was a nice twist. I didn’t expect that face stealing scene. 

• Like 5

Finally finished watching after binge watching the last four episodes. I now understand why the ratings went down in the last few episodes. There was just too many twists and mood swings in the story towards the end. Don't get me wrong the ending was indeed fitting and a happy one with a bit of bitter-sweetness for Oh Yeon Joo. My maxim is less drama and more happy/sweet moments towards the end. 

• Like 4

@Bojun I felt that Oh Seung Moo's plot arc was sad but satisfying. And Kang Chul overcame his issues and came out stronger at the end. But I felt like Oh Yeon Joo's plot arc was unfinished. Yes, she drew in the CCTV recordings to catch Han Cheol Ho, but somehow of all of them, she suffered at the end without having the chance to DO enough. I don't know what I would have had her do, but I felt like her plotline was somewhat incomplete at the end. To me it doesn't need a sequel because the core questions of the story were answered, and trying to drag it out for a whole other season would either mean negating what they worked so hard to win, or coming up with another plotline that somehow pales against the existential questions this drama asked. But I do think that they could have given us a little more at the end. At least let us see a little into the future, into happier times. I confess that after the drama ended, I kept hoping for a cameo of them somewhere, just so we could see that they made it and were doing well in the real world. (The best we got was a W clip in I Am Not a Robot.) I guess all we can do is finish off the epilogue in our own heads. 

• Like 5

@frozentundra Yes the recording is basically useless because Han Cheol Ho committed suicide. I agree a sequel would be too much. On a side note I watched I Am Not a Robot before W Two Worlds. I'm not based in Korea and have only started watching kdramas late last year so I jump years, both backward and forward, when looking for dramas I like. By the way what was the W clip in I Am Not  a Robot about?

• Like 4

@Bojun The two dramas have the same director, so he was able to make this kind of reference. There is this one scene early on where the germophobe guy (who thinks he can't have a real life relationship because of germs) is watching TV and comes across the prison kissing scene from W. He is quite envious and sad, lol. 

(Actually, the same director did She Was Pretty, and both the blind date guy the professor tries to set Oh Yeon Joo up with, as well as the insane woman who wanted Soo Bong to draw "eyes as big as cookies" for her characters, are cameos from that drama. Hence my wistful hopes at the time to see just a glimpse into KC and OYJ's future as a cameo somewhere. Alas...that is not to be.)

• Like 3

On 4/5/2020 at 3:22 PM, Bojun said:

My opinion about Han Hyo Joo:
I really don't think she' s pretty! She' s not pretty. She was a little more beautiful when she was younger. But she's really too skinny.
In "W", there are a lot of times when she's still pretty enough. Nice face.
What matters most to me about Hyo Joo: She's a great actress. Really, one of Korea's best actresses. She can play anything with talent. She's amazing. She's comfortable in any kind of situation. She's one of the best actresses I know, even though I don't like her looks, like Kang Chul in the drama ;-)

On 4/9/2020 at 6:39 AM, frozentundra said:

@Bojun I felt that Oh Seung Moo's plot arc was sad but satisfying. And Kang Chul overcame his issues and came out stronger at the end. But I felt like Oh Yeon Joo's plot arc was unfinished. Yes, she drew in the CCTV recordings to catch Han Cheol Ho, but somehow of all of them, she suffered at the end without having the chance to DO enough. I don't know what I would have had her do, but I felt like her plotline was somewhat incomplete at the end. To me it doesn't need a sequel because the core questions of the story were answered, and trying to drag it out for a whole other season would either mean negating what they worked so hard to win, or coming up with another plotline that somehow pales against the existential questions this drama asked. But I do think that they could have given us a little more at the end. At least let us see a little into the future, into happier times. I confess that after the drama ended, I kept hoping for a cameo of them somewhere, just so we could see that they made it and were doing well in the real world. (The best we got was a W clip in I Am Not a Robot.) I guess all we can do is finish off the epilogue in our own heads. 

Yeah!
When I wrote season 2, I immediately thought of this:
Don't try to extend season 1. Propose something revolutionary, with new philosophical and existential questions. And fully develop the concept of "W"! I hate fan-fictions that capitalize on the original romance, or that unnecessarily lengthen what has already been said.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:26 AM, Bojun said:

Finally finished watching after binge watching the last four episodes. I now understand why the ratings went down in the last few episodes. There was just too many twists and mood swings in the story towards the end. Don't get me wrong the ending was indeed fitting and a happy one with a bit of bitter-sweetness for Oh Yeon Joo. My maxim is less drama and more happy/sweet moments towards the end. 

Sad ending are the best. ;-)

On 4/9/2020 at 4:33 PM, frozentundra said:

@Bojun The two dramas have the same director, so he was able to make this kind of reference. There is this one scene early on where the germophobe guy (who thinks he can't have a real life relationship because of germs) is watching TV and comes across the prison kissing scene from W. He is quite envious and sad, lol. 

(Actually, the same director did She Was Pretty, and both the blind date guy the professor tries to set Oh Yeon Joo up with, as well as the insane woman who wanted Soo Bong to draw "eyes as big as cookies" for her characters, are cameos from that drama. Hence my wistful hopes at the time to see just a glimpse into KC and OYJ's future as a cameo somewhere. Alas...that is not to be.)

Film director Jung Dae Yoon is certainly a movie buff. He always puts references in his dramas. In King2heart, there's a scene that doesn't look like a drama scene at all, but rather a scene from Stanley Kubrick. During episode 2: the death of the owner of club M.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 4