[Drama 2016] Lucky Romance 운빨로맨스

Go Seung Ji

MY MIND did anyone see this article yet??

https://www.kpopvine.com/ryu-jun-yeol-on-air-about-the-kiss-scenes-with-hwang-jung-eum 

GAHH if i were a little more selfish i was going to say 'why she has to be married just before this drama waeeee' lol :D trying so hard not to ship them in real life its really hard to not obsess over anyone for me .___.;;;  Im so happy for my bias though :) i always wished she meet the person she can have the the life she wants! i was kind of angry with her ex bof too -_- 

how happy it makes me when OTP has the chemistry :'> ahhhhh i confess i finally felt like watching 15-16 with subs and i cried with sad & frustrated tears T__T;

SH's dad's saying is the best father advice i see on Kdramas i must say :D lol im just laughing not even angry.. btw they should name their childs with miracle and will in future lmao xD... kkk i shut my mouth 

bb7pdm.png

dbgDAp.png

oh i almost forgot to ask :) i was wondering if there are so many car accidents in Korea that they cant stop them happening by laws so they try to show & teach people through dramas that it can happen anytime so be careful on road or what?? im really tired of this recent dramas has it all too! I never thought i was going to say this BUT i prefer amnesia over that stupid cars making u-turns or stepping on engine @100 just when people are on road -_-  ITS NOT EVEN HIGHWAY YOO!

okay im done ^_^  

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello lucky lovers! Just passing by to say thank you to all of you chingus who have made this thread alive all this time.Pardon me for not mentioning all your names, but I am sending all of you my love and gratitude for all the recaps, screencaps and updates you have shared in here about our uri tiger couple.

I must admit that I lost my interest in this series a couple of episodes ago coz I don't know where the plot is heading or what this writer really wanted us to believe in;is it to believe in fate/luck or follow what is logical and rational.At first I was so excited coz definitely this is my first thread since I am a lurker for 4 years,and this is because of my love for HJE,I adore her since Secret and religiously following all her series since then. After Ji Sung , I find RJY as her best leading man coz their chemistry is electrifying and both of them really did well in their respective characters.How amazing it would have been if LR writer and director have been at par in their work also.I was steaming in anger to SWnim for screwing BN character which HJE wholeheartedly and convincingly built for 14 episodes only to trash on the 15th.I was angry coz it is not HJE's fault that her character was like this but there are many fans who is dissing her for BN character,that they cannot separate the character from the actress that is only doing her job.

I lost my interest coz every time I visit some sites, there is one commonality in the comment sections, and that is how horrendous her clothes are and how stupid BN superstition is, which most of the time, the center of mockery especially in dramabeans where it became the laughing stock of many commentators.I personally believe that the clothes she wore was for the character sake and not HJE's  personal  preference coz for how many years watching her I never saw her dress like this outside dramaland. She is very fashionable and chick when it comes to her wardrobe choices .I actually wanted to reply one commentator in dramabeans that says that the clothes she wore in LR are deliberately her choices,but I think it useless to argue,coz that is the comment since episode 1 and no matter how many points were raised regarding the clothing ,still it has been the issue ti'll episode 16 so I might as well give it up and bury it 6 feet under the ground.

Back to the drama,the characterization and the directing is also depressing. It was especially disappointing in the last two episodes, like the director should have made the kissing scene a little bit convincing like what the director in Secret did in JS and HJE kissing scene, that it took them a lot of time and takes to find the perfect kiss. This is a lazy directorial job and I sense that this director is not as perfectionist as HJE's previous directors,not because she cannot kiss, but it is more on...okay...BN/SH..you kiss,that's enough... even RJY reaction to the wedding ring proposal is lacking (bland) and even when BN in episode 15;saw SH on the ground and run away from the scene fast, I didn't saw the right reaction to her face ,and this could have been corrected ,if the PD is meticulous enough to study the facial expressions in her camera .If I have to mention all the flaws in acting simply because the director doesn't know how to give proper  instructions to their actors who have a lot of acting chops to show but was not able to show them coz the director doesn't know how to bring them out,It might took me days to finish it ,so I'll stop from here.

All in all, I am thankful to RJY for being such a good actor in partner with HJE,they are a great team who produces overflowing squee and giggles(Never laugh this hard from their synchronized laughter that whenever I remember it I smile) , I hope they will meet again in one amazing drama with a very talented director and scriptwriter, coz I know they will really hit it daebak! Thank you for giving us the entertainment for almost two months and I hope that this bump will not affect their careers coz they are really amazing actors.;)

To my queen HJE,I will support you no matter what, stay healthy please,You are getting thinner everyday which worries me, I hope you are fine and please grow your hair this time,I missed it so much.To RJY,you have proven your potentials in this series , I hope to see again in another drama with another amazing partner:).

To all the LUCKY LOVERS,thank you so so much and I hope to see you all again in another thread ,stay healthy also and Happy DRAMA WATCHING to all of you.:wub:

[Drama Review] 'Lucky Romance' - Episode 16 (Finale)

LUCKY ROMANCE -- EPISODE 16 (FINALE)

Spoiler

ismJOxn.jpg

"The note pinned to my chest reminds me to smile. How am I doing?"

Gary leaves his agency to sign with Amy, who is now an independent agent. Dal Nim and Ryang Ha are tying the knot. Bo Ra leaves for Seoul to find Soo Ho, the mysterious man that Bo Nui won't talk about. He helps her wheelchair onto the sidewalk, but she doesn't recognize him. Later, both Bo Nui and Soo Ho attend a competition to find investors for their games. Each of these games complement each other and they both get funding. They move back in to her old apartment, and the gang shows up for an impromptu housewarming party. The next day our heroine and Soo Ho walk to the park where they broke up, and he says yes to her marriage proposal...

They wrapped it up nice and neat, but I pretty much knew where it was going. It was fun to see Ryang Ha and Dal Nim acting disgustingly cute, though. And we get not one but two marriages. Would that be two OTPs, or a TTP (two true pairings)? I was hoping Gary and Amy could find someone too --  but I think those two make a cute couple, frankly.

Spoiler

EjZqFzX.jpg

"It says there's a Pokemon gym ahead..."

One of the things I'm happy about is that they dumped the idea of prophecy. I will admit that there are things that we can't understand about the universe, about how the quantum realm influences our own and is in turn influenced by our world. No one really knows if there are ghosts or if you can truly tell the future. But I don't think it's a matter of pushing the right buttons and the right thing happens. Our future is always changing; each choice we make changes what happens down the road. We are our own future, and that's something Bo Nui needed to learn.

Speaking of learning things, I think Soo Ho also underwent a transformation. He needed to learn how to feel. I think he was not necessarily emotionally unavailable, I think he just buried his emotions in favor of business. To him math and science are the purest activities that you can do. That is his joy. And math was the metaphorical sand he buried his head in when Amy left.

Spoiler

TqUumrm.jpg

That awkward moment when you realize you have nothing clean so you wear your suitjamas

I'm also pleased that it was a happy love story. The melodramatic elements had me a bit worried. Melodrama means something bad has to happen. At any time any one of those characters could die, especially Bo Ra. And really watching the news these days is bad enough. We don't need to manufacture reasons to be depressed or anxious.

In the final analysis the series itself was a bit uneven. It came to a satisfying conclusion, but there are certain assumptions that we don't know if we are meant to question or not. I'm inclined to question the truth of fortune telling, but there were certain times during the series where the drama seemed to wholeheartedly embrace it. Fortunes are fun, don't get me wrong. There's a certain pleasure in cracking open a cookie, pulling out the piece of paper inside and reading it (not to mention eating the cookie). But the series was a bit inconsistent in both tone and philosophy. I'm just glad common sense and love won out.

Spoiler

9yK1aKW.jpg

Why are they really partying? Because filming is done?

It was an adorable series though. I had issues with some of it, but it just feels like nitpicking now. The finale was awesome, and everyone lived happily ever after. And that's the best that can be hoped for, right?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/07/drama-review-lucky-romance-episode-16-finale

17 hours ago, Aliceson Choe said:

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002831914&gid=999339&cid=1019326

Hello guys here is another article about Lucky Romance:) Let me translate some of the top comments for you guys although it will be a little rough 

(+5062, -557) For reals I saw Ryu Jun Yeol in a different light. He is really good.

(+4024,-465) I had no idea Ryu Jun Yeol was this good in romantic comedies and melodrama. He was born to be Je su ho. It was very fun. Please do more projects in the future. 

(+3665, -436) The last line in the article was very good about Ryu Jun Yeol. He is a rising star. Please keep working for a long time and be next to us. Je su ho, I love you.

(+3007, -379) I will be waiting for more of your good acting 

(+2847,-362) Because of Ryu Jun Yeol, I was very happy for three months.

(+807,-150) Because of Ryu Jun Yeol it was good, if I was happy watching it then it is good. 

(+860, -172) Even though the ratings were low because the story was boring, Ryu Jun Yeol's acting was great, so this is a drama that I can watch over and over again. 

(+810,-159) Je su ho would be impossible without Ryu Jun Yeol. No one would be able to do it like him. How is he so good at acting, I got really touched. Super respect to you Ryu Jun yeol for making me always flustered.

I'm so happy for the comments on Ryu Jun Yeol. But that doesn't mean Hwang Jung Eum wasn't amazing. She was able to make viewers sympathize with a character that was pretty frustrating and illogical LOL. Anyways thank you for the drama and I hope to see more projects!!

:D:D:D

And you get a timeout scriptwiternim!!!

Hello! Just wanted to ask if it were ok if I posted these comments...well a screen cap of it on twitter? If you want will credit you, if you prefer not...could do that too. Just let me know, if it's possible and if so, how you'd want me to proceed. :)

49 minutes ago, tenilove97 said:

Hello! Just wanted to ask if it were ok if I posted these comments...well a screen cap of it on twitter? If you want will credit you, if you prefer not...could do that too. Just let me know, if it's possible and if so, how you'd want me to proceed. :)

HAHA YES go ahead:D You don't have to credit me LOL

18 hours ago, Aliceson Choe said:

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002831914&gid=999339&cid=1019326

Hello guys here is another article about Lucky Romance:) Let me translate some of the top comments for you guys although it will be a little rough 

(+5062, -557) For reals I saw Ryu Jun Yeol in a different light. He is really good.

(+4024,-465) I had no idea Ryu Jun Yeol was this good in romantic comedies and melodrama. He was born to be Je su ho. It was very fun. Please do more projects in the future. 

(+3665, -436) The last line in the article was very good about Ryu Jun Yeol. He is a rising star. Please keep working for a long time and be next to us. Je su ho, I love you.

(+3007, -379) I will be waiting for more of your good acting 

(+2847,-362) Because of Ryu Jun Yeol, I was very happy for three months.

(+807,-150) Because of Ryu Jun Yeol it was good, if I was happy watching it then it is good. 

(+860, -172) Even though the ratings were low because the story was boring, Ryu Jun Yeol's acting was great, so this is a drama that I can watch over and over again. 

(+810,-159) Je su ho would be impossible without Ryu Jun Yeol. No one would be able to do it like him. How is he so good at acting, I got really touched. Super respect to you Ryu Jun yeol for making me always flustered.

I'm so happy for the comments on Ryu Jun Yeol. But that doesn't mean Hwang Jung Eum wasn't amazing. She was able to make viewers sympathize with a character that was pretty frustrating and illogical LOL. Anyways thank you for the drama and I hope to see more projects!!

:D:D:D

And you get a timeout scriptwiternim!!!

Thanks for the translation. I am so happy that his acting review are all positive. Hwang JungEum did a good job too for creating strong chemistry with him.

By the way, the title of that article is '[Herald Pop] Lucky Romance Ryu JunYeol, 'King of RomCom' that has surpassed 'Eonamryu'

I know it's still too soon to be called 'King of Romcom' but I love the reporter statement that Ryu Junyeol's acting has surpassed "Eonamryu' image :D 

8 minutes ago, luffypyon said:

Thanks for the translation. I am so happy that his acting review are all positive. Hwang JungEum did a good job too for creating strong chemistry with him.

By the way, the title of that article is '[Herald Pop] Lucky Romance Ryu JunYeol, 'King of RomCom' that has surpassed 'Eonamryu'

I know it's still too soon to be called 'King of Romcom' but I love the reporter statement that Ryu Junyeol's acting has surpassed "Eonamryu' image :D 

YES I'm glad that he has moved on from JungHwan and became our lovable Su HO :D Can't wait to see other characters he will take on in the future 

[Rough Translation]

[V-app - Naver] 'A Babo for Fans' RyuJunyeol, A Man You Really Want To Have

1.(+4702/-221) Ryu Jun Yeol to his fans "Let's not get used but always be new to each other like it is the first time we passionately love. Let's start again with that feeling. I love you. Please share to love" . I can't disagree. His remarks just beautiful.
2.(+3077/-161) The last ment was really touching ㅠㅠ Hwaiting!!
3.(+2971/-154) The fans love is just as outstanding as him
4.(+2644/-139) RyuJunYeol is cool!! I am supporting you
5.(+2370/-142) Junyeol-ah Saranghae !!!!
6.(+732/-42) The pace is deep, he is good at talking and funny too, his sense ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ he is the type who's good at everything
7.(+711/-46) I watched the V-app. He is a righteous young man and a well prepared actor. I am supporting you.
8.(+668/-38) Really, where you can find an actor with ment (ending speech) like that
9.(+676/-49) Sorry. He talked so well and looked handsome. I really love you, RyuJunYeol
10.(+636/-36) Always ask (fans) name whenever he gives signature because he wants to remember their name ㅠㅠ It's touching ㅠㅠ 

DRAMA RECAPS
Lucky Romance: Episode 16 (Final)
by LollyPip | July 15, 2016 | 18 Comments

LuckyRomance16-00042a.jpg

Does Fate control our destiny, or are we masters of our own Fate? Both are true, depending on how we choose to live our lives — we can let life pull us along, reacting to what we’re given, or we can take control and determine what we want out of this world. In order to do that, you have to conquer your fear, and that’s something each person must do for themselves.

More >>

8 hours ago, twittybird said:

How amazing it would have been if LR writer and director have been at par in their work also.I was steaming in anger to SWnim for screwing BN character which HJE wholeheartedly and convincingly built for 14 episodes only to trash on the 15th.I was angry coz it is not HJE's fault that her character was like this but there are many fans who is dissing her for BN character,that they cannot separate the character from the actress that is only doing her job.

I lost my interest coz every time I visit some sites, there is one commonality in the comment sections, and that is how horrendous her clothes are and how stupid BN superstition is, which most of the time, the center of mockery especially in dramabeans where it became the laughing stock of many commentators.I personally believe that the clothes she wore was for the character sake and not HJE's  personal  preference coz for how many years watching her I never saw her dress like this outside dramaland. She is very fashionable and chick when it comes to her wardrobe choices .I actually wanted to reply one commentator in dramabeans that says that the clothes she wore in LR are deliberately her choices,but I think it useless to argue,coz that is the comment since episode 1 and no matter how many points were raised regarding the clothing ,still it has been the issue ti'll episode 16 so I might as well give it up and bury it 6 feet under the ground.

Back to the drama,the characterization and the directing is also depressing. It was especially disappointing in the last two episodes, like the director should have made the kissing scene a little bit convincing like what the director in Secret did in JS and HJE kissing scene, that it took them a lot of time and takes to find the perfect kiss. This is a lazy directorial job and I sense that this director is not as perfectionist as HJE's previous directors,not because she cannot kiss, but it is more on...okay...BN/SH..you kiss,that's enough... even RJY reaction to the wedding ring proposal is lacking (bland) 

Hi @twittybird , sorry to cut your post chingu 

I totally feel you there, yes some comments on DB was way too harsh like they're blaming on HJE for the lack of writing and for the clothes she had to wear for her character sake. Tbh,  I don't have the guts to read DB comments anymore since certain people can't stop mocking her constantly from ep 1 till the last I read it like ep 12. I do wonder why MBC paired a new screen writer with a big name like HJE and ep 15 really makes me mad at the SW like you did. Like they're wasting the assets they had which is a very talented actors, HJE & RJY.

I do feel that the cast saved the lack of writing on LR, but it will be more awesome if they could make a better writing especially for the last few episodes. I do like their idea for humanizing BN superstition to save Bo Ra though. 

Hope to see another drama with HJE & RJY as the lead with a better writer in the future like HJE & Jisung did in KMHM, maybe on melodrama? :)

hello lucky loversssss

happy saturday..

@sebnem thank you for the article.. finally someone release about it.. i've been waiting for this after watched his v-app when he was mentioned his NOONA..hahahah.. thank youu

ah.. 16 script

omg SO CUTE AND PLAYFUL.. FAMILY PICTURE

BTS

CUTE FA

Helloo peeps!!!! I actually procrastinated watching ep 15 and 16 with subs until yesterday, partly because i was mad at the writer and partly because i dont want to let go of this drama. Then i braced myself to watch it yesterday night . I will just share my general thoughts and feelings here. Dont worry i will only say nice things about the drama and its not my usual rant post. Lol. Beware guys its going to be a long post since i have lots of nice things to say. Heh

First of all, i'm thankful for the director and writer for casting RJY oppa in this drama. The character of su ho is exactly how i wanted to see him. Him falling in love, struggling to express his love and then pursuing his love without any hesitations and finally him being happy with the love of his life. This is exactly what i wanted after being severely heartbroken because of his last drama

I was worried that he would confine himself to only movies after R88, but i was more than happy that he came back to the dramaland, that too in a romcom. To say that i was excited when i heard the news for the first time is a understatement. I was jumping in joy and screaming at the top of my lungs.

And HJE too, i adore her. This is my third drama of her and its always a delight to watch her on my screen. Her comedic timing is always perfect and not many actresses are good in comedy. If not for HJE i would have not liked bonui's character at all. And i'm thankful that she took this role.

I heard that this is the first project for both the director and scripwriter. I am actually amazed that for a first timer, they have done a pretty good job. I was impressed by how they handled certain things in the drama. I will just point out things that got me impressed.

bora's recovery It is the most realistic thing i have ever seen. Unlike other dramas where a coma patient bedridden for months, recovers in the blink of a eye and even starts walking and talking, bora's recovery was gradual and natural.

- second leads  I was glad that amy and gary were not irritating and annoying second leads. Amy especially was a character that i found myself rooting for at the end. And her relationship with dal nim is the cutest.

- chicken ajusshi's plot I would say writers really did a good job in making us constantly guessing from the first episode about his character. It got us more engaged to the storyline and also made us curious as to who he really is.

- dalnim and ryang ha  dal nim is the cuuuuuutest thing that ever lived in this earth. She is a darling. I was worried that she will get heartbroken when she knows about su ho and bonui. But she took it with a brave heart. And i am more than happy that she was able to find her happiness with ryang ha. 

- zeze staff I love them. All of them.My favorite is yoon bal. He is cute and i want to squish his chubby cheeks most of the time. Lol. Actually i like the zeze team more than the MOST team. 

Apart from these, the relationship between su ho-ryang ha, dal nim - bo Nui, dal nim - amy, su ho - gary, gary - bo ra were also handled neatly. These friendships really warms my heart.

It had some flaws and i was frustrated, pulled my hair out and flipped the tables in some scenes. But those flaws were mostly overshadowed by lots of positive aspects, one of which is the absolutely incredible and smashing performance of Ryu jun yeol. He gave so much heart to his character and thats why eventhough bonui's charater is fundamentally flawed, i cant help but root for her to be with su ho. 

So at the end of the day, i will remember this drama as a cute and heartwarming drama. And i would definitely rewatch all the cute scenes from time to time.

I'm so sorry for the long post, if you have read it till the end you are definitely a great person and let me just reward you with su ho's cutest smile

tumblr_o8u0d4ckN61qfakbgo10_r1_250.gif

Another one

tumblr_o8u0d4ckN61qfakbgo8_r1_250.gif

One more here

tumblr_o9kh8n1w4K1scwgrjo6_250.gif

Ok this is the last one, i promise

tumblr_oa0a0mfpBQ1vpmpmko5_r1_500.gif

Okay, Let me stop, before you guys throw stone at me or before mods come here with a warning.LOL.

On 7/16/2016 at 0:59 AM, windywind said:

I m back to inform you all that after watching eng sub version, i feel the series is much better or less stupid than i think! I like the final ep. Thanks to everybody again. Hope to see you sometimes soon.

In my opinion, the drama version is better than the webtoon version (I admit Bonui's fashion is better in webtoon though :D). In the webtoon, Bonui tried to sleep with Tiger man because of her sick sister too, but she was just strike asking him to sleep with her right after they just met, without asking for dating first. The reason why Bonui disliked the company where Taekho (Suho's name in the webtoon) worked at is the same as Zeze factory, because she thought her fate with this company bringing a tragedy to her. But the game company format in the drama is more interesting than Sales Company format. 

The webtoon version plot moves very fast and crazier than in the drama version that you would think it won't make sense if it would be applied as a live action in drama version. To be honest after following the webtoon version too, the drama version actually followed a lot of basic parts in the webtoon (except the cheapskate salesman male lead and a child shaman who looks like a japanese doll in horror movie), They're just adding a lot of new parts in the drama because 100% of the webtoon alone won't be enough to be a 16 episodes drama. That's why the writer's skill in this aspect is very very very important.

I think Lucky Romance writer tried to make this webtoon to be more make sense and possible to happen in real life, but I think the writer forgot one element. That is the Crazy element that made this webtoon interesting from the first place, what she needed was an even crazier plot than in the webtoon. The drama version developed more in the romance department rather than in the comedy department (not that I am complaining about it though because Lucky Romance gave a lot of heart fluttering moments for me :wub:)

Archived