Choi Yoon Gyo (Debut Screenplay)

Producer

Sim Entertainment

( Mask)

Episodes: 16

Broadcast Period

2016-May-25 to 2016-July-14, Wednesdays & Thursdays 22:00

About the Show

Bo-Nui believes in fortune-telling. One day, she hears from a fortune teller that if she does not sleep with a male virgin born in 1986, the year of the tiger, she will die. Afterwards, she seeks out someone that matches those criterias. She then meets Soo-Ho who owns her studio building. Soo-Ho tries to kick her out, because she has not paid her rent. They struggle with each other. Bo-Nui then learns that he matches the conditions set forth by the fortune-teller. Meanwhile, Soo-Ho is a cheap person who will not believe in sex before marriage.

A romantic comedy about superstitious woman who tries to change her foretold fate by seducing a virgin and nerd guy.

Production Information

Drama series took over the MBC Wednesdays & Thursdays 22:00 time slot previously occupied by "Goodbye Mr. Black" and followed by "W" July, 2016.

Based on webcomic "Woonbbalromaenseu” by Kim Dal-Nim  (published from February 15, 2014 to November 22, 2014)

Cast of Characters

Main Cast

Hwang Jung Eum as Shim Bo Nui (Chief of Programming, Marketing, Planning, and other chores.)

Ryu Joon Yul as Je Soo Ho (CEO and Project Director.)

Lee Soo Hyuk as Choi Gun Wook / Gary (tennis player.)

Lee Chung Ah as Han Sul Hee (Head of IM Sport Korea.)

People around Bo Nui

Kim Ji Min as Shim Bo Ra (sister)
Kim Jong Goo as Goo Shin (shaman)
Kim Sang Ho as Won Dae Hae (President of Daebak Sport)

People around Soo Ho

Jung Sang Hoon as Han Ryang Ha (owner of game cafe)
Ki Joo Bong as Je Mul Po (father)
Na Young Hee as Yang Hee Ae (mother)
Jung In Ki as Ahn Young Il (legendary programmer)

People around Gun Wook

Jo Young Jin as Choi Ho (father)

Jeje Factory’s workers

Lee Cho Hee as Lee Dal Nim (Planning team)
Jung Young Ki as Song Dae Kwon (senior developer)
Yoon Bong Kil as Lee Hyun Bin (development programmer)
Jin Hyuk as Ryu Ji Hoon (development programmer)
Cha Se Young (차세영) as Ga Seung Hyun (graphic designer)
Kwon Hyuk Soo as Chow Yun Fat (graphic designer and voice actor)

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, inshara2000 said:

So it's Hwang Jung Eum vs Ji Sung and Ryu Jun Yeol vs Hyeri this time!!

Man it's gonna be so much fun!! Hwaiting!!

It will be so fun, same slot, Reply vs Kill Me Heal Me XD

Ryu Joon-yeol joins Hwang Jung-eum in a Lucky Romance

by javabeans | March 22, 2016 | 3 Comments

ryujoonyeol_27.jpg

Score! Ryu Joon-yeol, who had a huge debut year with Answer Me 1988 (also the films Socialphobia and Glory Day, and the variety program Youths Over Flowers in Africa), has been chosen to play the leading man in MBC’s upcoming rom-com Lucky Romance, which just confirmed Hwang Jung-eum a day ago.

dramabeans article for ryujoonyeol casting here... http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/03/ryu-joon-yeol-joins-hwang-jung-eum-in-a-lucky-romance/

DRAMA CASTING & NEWS
Ryu Joon-yeol joins Hwang Jung-eum in a Lucky Romance

Score! Ryu Joon-yeol, who had a huge debut year with Answer Me 1988 (also the filmsSocialphobia and Glory Day, and the variety program Youths Over Flowers in Africa), has been chosen to play the leading man in MBC’s upcoming rom-com Lucky Romance, which just confirmed Hwang Jung-eum a day ago.

I’d heard some fan speculation about how Ha Suk-jin (D-Day) would be a good fit for the uptight, incredibly stingy hero and thought, He’d be perfect. Then I saw this casting and thought, Even more perfect! It’s a tricky role to cast because the hero can be uptight and brusque, but I think Ryu has the goods to allow us to still love him even when he’s being kind of a jerk. I like this casting. A lot.

The story features an eccentric heroine who’s blindly superstitious and obsessed with fortunes, who hangs all sorts of bad-luck-warding objects in her home (from charms to chicken heads), who receives a dire prediction from a psychic saying that death is in her fortune within the year unless she manages to right the bad luck she’s accumulated. The way to do it: Have a one-night stand with a (preferably virgin) man born in the year of the tiger, or 1986.

Enter our hero, a stiff, Scroogey 29-year-old with a sense of frugality that borders on the epic. He sees everything in terms of money and has never dated because it’s a waste of funds; he rifles through trash for recyclables, eats old leftovers, cuts his own hair, and argues for discounts like the orneriest ajumma on a bargain hunt. He’s hilarious and maybe even a little unlikable, and he sees the heroine as absurd and perplexing — and also a money sink, because she’s behind on rent and he’s just taken ownership of her apartment building. He evicts her, she tries to seduce him, comic mishaps ensue, and along the way they gradually start understanding each other and fall in love.

The character was originally named Je Taek-hoo, but has been renamed Je Su-ho for the drama, which has to be for all the punning opportunities: je-su literally means luck (and to the heroine, he’s her ticket to it), and is also a word, when used in slang terms, that means pain in the richard simmons (literally “no luck”). And as far as I can tell, the character will be both of those things. I don’t know how Ryu Joon-yeol’s comic chops are, but this is a character who is funny in context — he’s serious, but the circumstances will make us laugh. I hope!

Lucky Romance will follow Goodbye Mr. Black and premieres in May as a 16-episode drama.

I was looking forward to this drama already after reading the first few volumes of the webtoon. I think this is amazing casting.

It's a cute premise. She's obsessed with superstitions and he's obsessed with being a cheapskate. For example, she'll throw salt all over the place trying to ward off bad luck, and he will bend down and scoop the salt up so he can use it to make kimchee with later. Ha ha, anyway, you get the idea. It's a wacky comedy, but it starts getting melo - because what is a K-drama without some melo-elements?

I think this is gonna be good. I can't wait to see this.

Kyaaa...finally Ryu Jun Yeol new drama.. can't wait!! 

5 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

It's a cute premise. She's obsessed with superstitions and he's obsessed with being a cheapskate. For example, she'll throw salt all over the place trying to ward off bad luck, and he will bend down and scoop the salt up so he can use it to make kimchee with later. Ha ha, anyway, you get the idea. It's a wacky comedy, but it starts getting melo - because what is a K-drama without some melo-elements?

Ahahaha, yess.. I read that part (even not fully understand bcoz of my limited Korean) and it's soo funny. I haven't read all chapters tho, it's still on going right? I hope CITT problem will not happen again *sigh*

So yeah, I'm soo excited for this drama..:blush:

1 hour ago, dinhie said:

Kyaaa...finally Ryu Jun Yeol new drama.. can't wait!! 

Ahahaha, yess.. I read that part (even not fully understand bcoz of my limited Korean) and it's soo funny. I haven't read all chapters tho, it's still on going right? I hope CITT problem will not happen again *sigh*

So yeah, I'm soo excited for this drama..:blush:

Ohh my God.. same with you @dinhieim really excited for this drama.. both of the lead cast was my favorite actor and actress.. and after read some chapter of the webtoon it began more excited.. :w00t: this drama will be so funny and romantic.. hahaha..

Can't wait until this May to look after their chemistry.. Kyaaaaa... :blush:

Annyeonghaseyo~

It's exciting that this drama has already had its own drama thread :D Thank you @Go Seung Ji for creating it!!

I'm sure gonna visit this thread a lot especially once the drama air!!
Nice to meet y'all, yeorobuuun~

@chickfactor I love wacky-romantic-comedy drama!! Honestly the premise of this drama sorta brings back the Oh My Ghostess feels hahaha What's with the surreptitious thing but minus the possessed female lead :D I hope they won't drag the melo in the drama for long though... just keep giving us more funny and sexy scenes :wub: 

Archived