@alleram95 You were right. JJ has never met KSM before. The episode of today confirmed it. 

I believe, the last wish from AMJ is get married again. But I am not so sure.

LYT is really a clueless girl, when it comes to men!!:blink: I mean, KTM's behaviour was pretty clear, when he proposed to drink instead of her. But she refused. I understand why KSM will be the one who teachs her a few things. JJ never gave her some insight about men, as she was too busy dating and flirting. Her mother didn't give her any advice. I am glad that LYT's reaction won't stop KSM from courting her. KSM is so sturborn which is good in LYT's case. This will give her the confidence she needed, she can attract men too. But at some point, KTM won't accept the growing distance between LYT and himself, especially since he has loved her for a long time too.

I am glad that AMJ isn't a pushover like the Lee family and JJ has met someone who will show her some boundaries. JJ needs to be taught a few lessons. As for the mother-in-law, I do pity her to a certain extent. LST has become to her an anchor: she hasn't lost her duaghter, but she doesn't trust her own husband and her own daughter. JJ has lied to her many times (Sure, the mother is to blame for that too) and her husband cheated on her. That's why she is projecting all her feelings towards LST, as he has never lied to her (until today). I laughed, when the husband tried to make his wife happy, well aware that she would get disappointed by LST, when she hears about his dating. His attempt was such a big failure, she suspected him of having again an affair! She is not so used to be treated so well by her husband! :D 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't joined the bet but it looks like the wedding won'tbe soon. Which is a pity because it would be HILARIOUS to see Sangmin acting properly deferential towards Mijung when she becomes Yeontae's sister-in-law.

@alleram95  I can't watch the latest eps yet, but based on the screencaps, I agree with your observation on Sangmin-Jinjoo. Both were bemused by the shameless father-in-law, rather than recognizing each other. If they had dated before, there would be more of a reaction and an actual confirmation. This is a weekend family drama, the acting and writing won't be so subtle--and this is just downright obscure.

I disagree with the adultery apologistic posts, @enigmatic_zephy they're all just excusing  the infidelity after the fact. If Mijung is so emasculating and intimidating, he should nevet have married her in the first place. Nope, the man just has no morals, him andhis skanky new wife, and are trying to shift blame on actions that are WHOLLY AND COMPLETELY their own. They ARE bad people, and whatever trouble they may have had are what we call CONSEQUENCES. They're reaping what they sowed and they still feel NO REMORSE towards Mijung. They don't even understand that they were in the wrong, and that's the worst part.  I agree with you @lclarakl --exhubby is a pathetic excuse for a human being. There's no excusing exhubby and exbff's trashy piglike behavior.

I also agree with your assessment of Taemin--he's still problematic and unimpressive. Confessing to past feelings for Yeontae is actually another mark against him in my book--I can't have unlikeable younger brother making hyung pull the "I'm deferring to my baby bro" card!

And basically I agree with plenty you say because I also agree with your thoughts on Hotae. I hoped I would enjoy his story with his first love now,but his freeloading ways are pissing me off. As someone who works hard and knows how frustrating it is when lazybones sponge off my livelihood, his attitude just plain infuriates me.

@Millie I agree with you about LHT: he is not only very rude and condescending towards KSM, but also selfish. First, even after knowing what KSM did for his sister, LHT doesn't really apologise to KSM, rather he still looks at him with suspicion. However, KSM has always behaved very well in front of the parents. Yet he sees in KSM a playboy hence he needs to protect his sister but so far, KSM has respected her. This man is judging KSM without knowing the whole story. On the other hand, he takes things from his own family without even asking (he reproached to KSM that he shouldn't abuse the kindness from his parents), in fact he is the one.

I am afraid that LHT might get MY pregnant. Their story made me smile because it was the first time, I witnessed a girl who wanted her boyfriend to stay with her for the night. She had indeed impure thoughts! Yet both have no good income and the guy doesn't even work. Even being pregnant will be a problem and LHT needs to grow up very quickly! He needs to stop dreaming.

19 minutes ago, Millie said:

I disagree with the adultery apologistic posts, @enigmatic_zephy they're all just excusing  the infidelity after the fact. If Mijung is so emasculating and intimidating, he should nevet have married her in the first place. Nope, the man just has no morals, him andhis skanky new wife, and are trying to shift blame on actions that are WHOLLY AND COMPLETELY their own. They ARE bad people, and whatever trouble they may have had are what we call CONSEQUENCES. They're reaping what they sowed and they still feel NO REMORSE towards Mijung. They don't even understand that they were in the wrong, and that's the worst part.  

I am not providing excuses for adultery... infidelity committed.. and no one is denying that..

1. Why he fell in love with MJ - who knows why he married, why he liked her..maybe back then it was opposites attract..and now its similarity in personalities..

2. What do you do if you don't love someone anymore and just cant spend a passing second with that someone encroaching your personal space? - generic ques.. 

3. No one is shifting blame: I am asking you to be in his show and see his actions from his POV before judging him to be an out and out villain.. Yes..cheating on your spouse is always wrong..always...but that's it.. its wrong.... Q: food for thought - Why we as society punish adultery?- because it thwarts concept of stability... everyone needs stability, everyone needs emotional security...and humans are social animals..you can't survive alone.. society wouldn't want anyone to make a mockery of its said systems and hence there are the notions of what is wrong and what is not..

In traditional societies - adultery is nothign less than crime..infact korea had a law for it right? .. However, some nations have come to accept it more than others.... 

4. SY could be a woman who could do so much worse...but she is actually not doing anything.. ditto for IC...I know 'cheating' creates such emotional uproar in most people that many a time i think most of loose objectivity...

I would say this again, are IC and SY wrong..yes they are.. but my belief is... falling out of love can happen..'cheating' shouldn't...so that is why they are wrong...

but does that give MJ right to take away kids from IC - NO,

does that give MJ right to be bossy about everything - yes from her perspective..but honestly that would happen only if the other party would let her do that..which in this case IC and SY let her do..

does that automatically make IC a bad father - NO

does leaving MJ automatically label him as an out an out bad person - NO

does protecting his now responsibility SY .. no matter what.. she could be lord of demons for that matter make it wrong at all levels - NO not at all levels..

BOthe of them can stop giving money, move on with their lives..have kids..find peace, .. Sy can keep throwing at MJ that how incompetent she was at managing her own personal life, IC can give her a very hard time.. BUT they don't... because as characters they are weak and are not out an out bad..

Who proposed to lie? Who laid out ALL the rules of how the relationships would work? Who has the first and final say in everything? Who says they are 100% right in what they do? - MJ clearly has been given the status of calling out the shots.. and that is to take note of..

MJ persepctive:  shoudl she be bitter all her life with regards to these two - absolutely..as in if she wants to she can..or she can let go..either way she is right..

The way she behaves with MIL - NO not right..she needs to be a little more assertive with her..

Is she correct in separating families like this - I understand she wants to protect her kids from taboo of divorce etc.. but that is not the sole reason..she is angry and since kids are hers..she wants IC involvement to be bare min as well..- NO..that is not her decision to make...

19 minutes ago, Millie said:

@xxPeepsxx @lclar

Guest snowpanda

@bebebisous33 I agree with you, HongTae really has to grow up and learn to have consideration for other people. having a dream is not a bad thing, everyone should at least try to acomplish their dream, but at some point it really is enough. One has to know when to stop or at least find a way in which he doesn't just use other people but use his own abilities. but I think if SoonYoung would get pregnant, it could actually be the one thing that makes him think about his life and change his ways, help him grow up. so it could be a good thing too

YES -- YT + KSM -- the fun couple

Their scenes seemed to fly by -- PD keep them coming

Enjoyed ever minute of their interactions in episode 17 -- looking forward to EP 18 with subs

Hard to pick out just a single scene that I thought was the best/funniest- ever moment, action, facial expression was great.

But I laugh whenever I think of the following--
While we only saw YT back in the road, when KSM told her to hurry up and run, after he took off running to recover his car -- you could see YK hesitate for a moment - I can Just imagine what her facial expression was, as  she must have rolled her eyes and gave an exasperated sigh before she also ran off following KSM.

Haven't seen EP 18 yet - but he seems to be just what YT needs to put some joy and excitement into her life -- KSM will not let her "close down" to shut him out.

"Marriage Contract" Lee Seo-jin and UEE embrace each other

2016/04/17

"Marriage Contract" increased by the numbers.

According to Nielsen Korea, the MBC weekend drama "Marriage Contract" rated 21.3%.

This is 1.7% more than the previous episode.

Han Ji-hoon (Lee Seo-jin) and Kang Hye-soo (UEE) broke connections with their families to be with each other. Han Ji-hoon went to see Kang Hye-soo and hugged her.

On the same day, MBC drama "Happy Home" rated 13.6%, KBS 2TV "Five Children" 27.3%, SBS "Yeah, That's How It Is" 10.2% and "Mrs. Cop 2" rated 8.2%.

I love how MJ came back and Jin Joo in the bathroom. These in-laws act too possessive where Sang Tae is concerned. 

I can see MJ being very upset when she finds out that ST's in-law were having her followed. I can also see ST being very upset and finding out this information.

6 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I am not providing excuses for adultery... infidelity committed.. and no one is denying that..

1. Why he fell in love with MJ - who knows why he married, why he liked her..maybe back then it was opposites attract..and now its similarity in personalities..

2. What do you do if you don't love someone anymore and just cant spend a passing second with that someone encroaching your personal space? - generic ques.. Stop giving said person problems and sincerely apologize so that the other party might be able to relieve the bad blood between us two and let the it go. This is the point. Their break up WASN'T clean. There was, and is, so much bad blood between them because he never sat down to properly address the reasons for them and I'm saying that this should be InCheol's responsibility because he was the one who did wrong. Also, give the child support on time, properly, every time, no matter the problems between them because this is not an issue between them but and issue that has full ramifications on their innocent kids. If he had done this, and MiJung still came to create a fuss, then MiJung is in the wrong. You can't blame a person for having a grudge when you turn that person's life upside down and don't even try to make up for it. In this case, since MiJung is so strong, he only mostly messed up her emotional life and didn't even try to make up for it except for empty sorry-s. Also, the blaming of her for being too strong, of all reasons, for their fall-out and his affair is not a point in his favour.

3. No one is shifting blame: I am asking you to be in his show and see his actions from his POV before judging him to be an out and out villain.. Yes..cheating on your spouse is always wrong..always...but that's it.. its wrong.... Q: food for thought - Why we as society punish adultery?- because it thwarts concept of stability... everyone needs stability, everyone needs emotional security...and humans are social animals..you can't survive alone.. society wouldn't want anyone to make a mockery of its said systems and hence there are the notions of what is wrong and what is not.. True. But cheating on someone also speaks a lot (negatively) about a person's character. Like you said, if one falls out of love, one should break the relationship up cleanly then pursue his/her other love. But people who cheat do not do this and therefore insult the trust that their partner and others have put in them. There are people who are in open-marriages and therefore understand and accept 'infidelities' from their partners but this is obviously not the case for MiJung and in this respect, she had trusted him not to do the bad thing. Isn't it to be expected then, that other people see this and decide that they can't trust this person too and therefore thinks he's a bad guy? What if he back stabs ME? Therefore, I cannot blame people who see him as a bad guy.

In traditional societies - adultery is nothign less than crime..infact korea had a law for it right? .. However, some nations have come to accept it more than others.... South Korea already had the law banished since last year. Many Asian countries still have this law whereas many western countries have had abolished it since the 19th century. But why is this a point? The views of other nations are not applicable to a rather more personal event that happened within one nation.

4. SY could be a woman who could do so much worse...but she is actually not doing anything.. ditto for IC...I know 'cheating' creates such emotional uproar in most people that many a time i think most of loose objectivity... I'm sorry, I might not be getting this but are we supposed to be praising them or giving them points for not being actively terrible even more when they've already been terrible?

I would say this again, are IC and SY wrong..yes they are.. but my belief is... falling out of love can happen..'cheating' shouldn't...so that is why they are wrong...

but does that give MJ right to take away kids from IC - NO, Agreed

does that give MJ right to be bossy about everything - yes from her perspective..but honestly that would happen only if the other party would let her do that..which in this case IC and SY let her do.. Then it's called InCheol and SooYoung letting MiJung have her way and not MiJung being bossy. MiJung being bossy means that she overwrites EVERYTHING despite opposition. Neither of the two have voiced any strong opposition... then how is MiJung bossy? She's just one who speaks her mind and are we supposed to fault her for that when anyone else, including InCheol, can do the same as well? 

does that automatically make IC a bad father - NO YES. What kind of parent just lets others do whatever they want with their kids without a peep? If he really thought that it was for the kid's good that he is present in their lives, then he would have pushed for it. Like you said, SoYoung's mother won't take crap richard simmons on her daughter because that's her daughter so if InCheol wanted anything to do with his kids, he should have fought for it and not with underhanded means by withholding child support or letting their mother go to jail over a small matter that he could have solved . A father is supposed to protect his kids and if he really thinks that's whats good for his kids, then he should take steps to have ensured that happens. But if he feels like he has wronged them and has lesser reason to see them, then he only wants to see them for his selfish reasons and not because it is in the kids' interest and that there will make him a bad father.

does leaving MJ automatically label him as an out an out bad person - NO

does protecting his now responsibility SY .. no matter what.. she could be lord of demons for that matter make it wrong at all levels - NO not at all levels.. Only, the thing is, that he seems to be giving her grief over his own self-absorbed problems now though. And when he was married to MiJung, his responsibility was MiJung, not SoYoung.

BOthe of them can stop giving money, move on with their lives..have kids..find peace, .. Sy can keep throwing at MJ that how incompetent she was at managing her own personal life, IC can give her a very hard time.. BUT they don't... because as characters they are weak and are not out an out bad.. Again, am I supposed to credit them for not being even more terrible when they already did terrible things? Two negatives does not make a positive and we're not talking math.

Who proposed to lie? Who laid out ALL the rules of how the relationships would work? Who has the first and final say in everything? Who says they are 100% right in what they do? - MJ clearly has been given the status of calling out the shots.. and that is to take note of.. And it is to note that this happens because the kid's father doesn't oppose or do anything concrete about it. People are allowed to talk and make demands, you know. Whether those ideas and demands are accepted depends on the other person. It's not like MiJung is beating him up or holding something as a leverage against him. Like I said, if InCheol wanted to see his kids, he damned well can. He knows where they go to school. Why is MiJung being being painted as the bad one for being assertive? InCheol can be assertive too, but isn't, mostly because he doesn't have the guts for it nor does he want to deal with the fall-out if he does follow through with his demands.

MJ persepctive:  shoudl she be bitter all her life with regards to these two - absolutely..as in if she wants to she can..or she can let go..either way she is right..

The way she behaves with MIL - NO not right..she needs to be a little more assertive with her..

Is she correct in separating families like this - I understand she wants to protect her kids from taboo of divorce etc.. but that is not the sole reason..she is angry and since kids are hers..she wants IC involvement to be bare min as well..- NO..that is not her decision to make...She is not correct for keeping the kids from their dad but her wrongs do not make InCheol right.

Also, I think we just have to agree to disagree because I'm not inclined to do yet another of these long discussions on a guy I don't like. Or just any long discussions in general.

And mainly, I think HoTae is a pathetic loser but I don't have any ill feelings against him since he hasn't caused anyone grief. At most, his family just sighs in exasperation at him and tsks at him. He doesn't give anyone scars, he doesn't hurt people. This guy is a freeloader but that's not because he is doing NOTHING but it's just because the work that he does for his dreams are not earning money. Do I think that he needs to wake up from his dreams? Absolutely but if he's not harming anyone, I don't have any ill-will for him. And thinking of yet another person in the world giving up on their dreams just to live kinda hurts my heart a little. 

The idea that SoonYoung will get pregnant and he'll saddle his family with both him and her and their unborn child only a conjecture and not something that has happened yet. I don't believe we should be condemning a person based on a conjecture of what he might do in the future but hasn't done yet.

His dislike of SungMin is obviously off-putting but since it stems from protectiveness for his baby sister and that he is so ineffective at it (he even acknowledges that SungMin is a chicken caught by his parents, hah!), I don't really care and watch it for the funsies. He gets the door closed in his face! Geh.

I'll admit that HoTae's fortunate situation is playing in my lack of dislike for him since no one is actually suffering or starving because of his actions. So at most I'll just side-eye and let out an exasperated sigh when it comes to him but he's so naive that he just amuses me.

"Five Children" Ahn Jae-wook and So Yoo-jin's romance

Spoiler

photo714366.jpg

Ahn Jae-wook and So Yoo-jin have started seeing each other. They have fallen in love.

On the latest episode of the KBS 2TV drama "Five Children", Ahn Mi-jeong (So Yoo-jin) and Lee Sang-tae (Ahn Jae-wook) were happy together.

Ahn Mi-jeong and Lee Sang-tae were good for each other. Ahn Mi-jeong wrote down what she wanted to do with Lee Sang-tae and he wanted to do more for her. They looked happily in love.

In reality, the obstacles between them are high. However, they decided not to think about the complications and just do their best for each other. They didn't even play hard to get. They touched each other if they wanted to and expressed their love for one another without hesitation. Their beginning wasn't easy so they strived to have the best times with each other.

Lee Sang-tae and Ahn Mi-jeong took care of each other and their synergy was great.

It seemed like they could fight off any obstacles that came their way. The title "Five Children" forewarned their union and remarriage might become a reality.

Will they be happy or will they surrender to the realistic complications in their love?

Spoiler

photo714365.jpg

All I can say is ST/MJ are unstoppable at the moment since they kissed. I'm loving them and it's time for ST to let his selfish in-laws know that he likes MJ instead of them finding out from someone else like JJ in which she seen them together.

Yes I'm also loving SM/YT and wouldn't want the writer to change them whatsoever they're my 2nd OTP Couple. I loved when YT mother told SM to come in and SM was turning his head to HT like (HT isn't saying a thing his parents love me) and did his head to YT as well as he was giving her the food :D

I can't wait to see the next episode for some more scenes with SM/YT and hoping ST give those ungrateful in-laws a piece of his mind.

@bebebisous33 As annoying as it is, I can overlook Hotae being biased towards Sangmin, because hot guy + got my sister drunk + way too charming is bound to send warning bells off in any big brother's mind. But his hypocrisy is indeed too much. He's the only one who has been taking advantage of his parents' kindness, and Sangmin has done more for his sister's confidence than he has ever had. He should take care of his own life rather than harass a working adult who's a responsible member of society. Not even ten of him is worth one Sangmin.

@enigmatic_zephy The wildly-colored and oddly-constructed TLDR is a bit much for me. I don't even know what you're trying to defend... Good people make bad choices? Agreed, except that an affair is more than a one-time adulterous choice, it's sustaining that choice for an extended period of time, something that only terrible people do. Good people can be pushed into doing bad things? Yes, except that Mijung's personality/competence/strong will aren't exactly pressing circumstances, and that's not an excuse for the affair nor how Inchul blames her for it afterward. Mijung is too strong and too capable and too good for Inchul? Definitely, but his shortcomings aren't her fault and she shouldn't be punished for them. That there are circumstances that can excuse an affair? Barring life-threatening situations or abuse, nope, nope, nope. Only trash would do that.

Bottomline is Inchul and Sooyoung are adulterers and family-wreckers. The impetus for Inchul and Mijung's divorce wasn't actually "irreconcilable differences," it was adultery. Those two terrible people didn't fall in love and seek to pursue their love in a legitimate manner, they had an affair. That's all split milk by now and it won't do any good ragging them on their sordid history. EXCEPT that they're trying to spin it as Mijung's fault, when she's 100% the victim here, and handwaving their own guilt away. That's some ridiculous victim-blaming and can only be done by someone with a moral compass that's completely and utterly broken.

@xxPeepsxx It's not a matter of Hotae having to give up his dreams. He's in the good position to have parents that he could live with while pursuing them. He can pursue his dreams precisely because his family is taking care of his living expenses. I'm not even saying he shouldn't spend time with a woman. But he should NOT burden his family even more than he does now. Grabbing their money, depending on Sangtae for non-necessities like a car and restaurant money, filching their stuff to give to his girlfriend... those are the kind of stunts that richard simmons me off. He's spending money that he doesn't have just to impress his girlfriend.  If he's going to want to be her daddy-long-legs, then he should get a salaried job. If he wants to make it big as a director, he should focus on that. He can't have his cake and eat it too--he's an adult and that means making choices. That his family hid Yeontae's paycheck when he entered the house speaks volumes about what kind of burden he has been on them. I can only hope that the girlfriend would straighten him out, considering Hotae's parents have been so good to her.

If he does get the girl pregnant though, then I'll just give up on him. People should be responsible enough to use contraceptives for crying out loud!

Just because no one has had visible injury from Hotae's sponging doesn't mean it's not harmful. It doesn't need to come to that to be criticized. I'm a firm believer in people earning their keep. So whether it's Hotae (whose parents can't really afford supporting a layabout) or Jinjoo (whose parents can), I disapprove of their preoccupation with their lovelives and living with their heads in the clouds. How can they expect to take care of another person when they can't even take care of themselves? It's not romantic, it's just irresponsible.

2 hours ago, Millie said:

It's not a matter of Hotae having to give up his dreams. He's in the good position to have parents that he could live with while pursuing them. He can pursue his dreams precisely because his family is taking care of his living expenses. I'm not even saying he shouldn't spend time with a woman. But he should NOT burden his family even more than he does now. Grabbing their money, depending on Sangtae for non-necessities like a car and restaurant money, filching their stuff to give to his girlfriend... those are the kind of stunts that richard simmons me off. He's spending money that he doesn't have just to impress his girlfriend.  If he's going to want to be her daddy-long-legs, then he should get a salaried job. If he wants to make it big as a director, he should focus on that. He can't have his cake and eat it too--he's an adult and that means making choices. That his family hid Yeontae's paycheck when he entered the house speaks volumes about what kind of burden he has been on them. I can only hope that the girlfriend would straighten him out, considering Hotae's parents have been so good to her. 

If he does get the girl pregnant though, then I'll just give up on him. People should be responsible enough to use contraceptives for crying out loud!

Just because no one has had visible injury from Hotae's sponging doesn't mean it's not harmful. It doesn't need to come to that to be criticized. I'm a firm believer in people earning their keep. So whether it's Hotae (whose parents can't really afford supporting a layabout) or Jinjoo (whose parents can), I disapprove of their preoccupation with their lovelives and living with their heads in the clouds. How can they expect to take care of another person when they can't even take care of themselves? It's not romantic, it's just irresponsible.

Lol, his pathetic-ness and reliance on his family for all the privileges is why I think of him as a loser. SangTae should scream at him as much as he wants.

I agree with your second paragraph.

And I agree with all the criticisms thrown his way. I just, personally, don't dislike him for it yet because while he is imposing on others, he isn't effectively driving them nuts or driving them to tears with grief. He is an inconvenience, not a negative existence. Plus, to SangTae, YeonTae and his parents, he's family and families take advantages of each other/ are rude to each other/ take each other for granted all the time anyway, haha.

edit: I want to add that I like YeonTae's new hair this episode. It's not a completely new do but the front strands are curled a little instead of super-straight like before and they framed her face really nicely. In the scene she where she was with TaeMin in the library, she looked so pretty, like an angel. Is this a sign that she's becoming less straight in personality? K-dramas have taught me that the signs are all in the hair.

@Millie, I have to say that I agreed 100% with each of your responses......they were spot on--especially your comments concerning HT; I couldn't agree more.  His dream is making a movie...he can still work and pursue his dream. He seems to think he can only do one at a time.  

I find it interesting in the latest episode how SY was trying to blame her mother for not stopping her from marrying IC.  Her mother had to set her straight that she tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen.  She and IC both love to blame others for their own willful actions.  The blooms of lust has fallen off and the reality of life, that IC is a man with 3 children, is setting in for SY.  I think she will also realize that having another child is only compounding the problem.

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

@Millie, I have to say that I agreed 100% with each of your responses......they were spot on--especially your comments concerning HT; I couldn't agree more.  His dream is making a movie...he can still work and pursue his dream. He seems to think he can only do one at a time.  

I find it interesting in the latest episode how SY was trying to blame her mother for not stopping her from marrying IC.  Her mother had to set her straight that she tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen.  She and IC both love to blame others for their own willful actions.  The blooms of lust has fallen off and the reality of life, that IC is a man with 3 children, is setting in for SY.  I think she will also realize that having another child is only compounding the problem.

Yeah, while I initially sympathized with Hotae, my esteem for him dropped to an all-time low--maybe because I could've very well been in his position if I had been irresponsible and reckless. However, I work on my artistic dreams on the side while earning my own living. (Which unfortunate leads to me knowing how Hotae's parents feel... working hard while a lazy dreamer who talks big about their dreams but accomplishes nothing sponges off them. It's infuriating!)

If he really wants to work as a director, he should work with advertising firms and work on commercials for now. While many famous directors did have their golden opportunities handed to them, some had to work their way up and started with advertisements. He take on that kind of work ethic, be willing to work on something mundane for now to be able to work on his masterpiece later.

Soyoung's mother is a real puzzle. Why did she ever indulge her daughter's indiscretions in the first place? How could she let her daughter reach that age while still letting her act like a child? Is Soyoung actually mentally/emotionally handicapped in some way, because honestly, her ditzy/juvenile demeanor and bird brain just doesn't seem normal, so is she? I've missed some of the first episodes so I don't know their background. Like, I'm wondering here if Soyoung is a child borne out of her own mother's affair, that's why she has supported Soyoung through the adultery. Soyoung's mother should've cut her off when she wouldn't let go of Inchul.

Not surprised that she would try to blame her mother for her situation. She and Inchul have no accountability to speak of, of course she would try to blame someone else for her own decisions and actions. The worst people in the world are those who have a "never my fault/I can do no wrong/it's all about me" attitude. Soyoung, Inchul, and Sangtae's in-laws have that IN SPADES. They can so gleefully commit atrociously immoral acts because they think they're always right and don't care for other people suffering because only their own feelings matter to them.

Guest snowpanda

This just appeared on my twitter timeline, and it's just so cute, so here is the coonfession video once again :D

the caption even calls them a match made in heaven :D  
Goguma girl Yeontae and refreshing (literary soda) guy SangMin (as far as I could find they call someone goguma if they are frustrating and soda is the opposite, someone who just says what he thinks, refreshing like soda^^)

@snowpanda, thanks for posting that clip. I love Sang Min's confession because it had me laughing. He's in unfamiliar territory being in love. His confession was so pathetic as he talked about his frustrations and how dense she was in not getting a clue, but that is what he needs to humble him.

I hope we don't have a three-way love triangle with Tae Min thrown in the mix. I love the relationship of the brothers and that could pose some issues. However, I have a feeling that Tae Min may not be completely over his feelings. That's why he should have been like his brother and confessed.  I don't mind if Jin Joo is thrown in the mix because I think Sang Min can handle himself.

It's not even me and it makes me so angry. ST needs tell everyone to stay out of his business. I don't know how much more of this meddling he can take before he loses it and elopes lol. I'm not surprised he doesn't want to get married because it wasn't easy for him to get to this point. I'm just glad he's thinking about himself and doing something that makes him happy. 

That confession is too cute. He's so frustrated by her and it's hilarious. He has a point normally at this point the female lead would have already fell for him after everything that happened during all their meetings. He's seen her at her worst and in his mind there is no reason for him to fall for her, but instead he falls for her and then gets rejected. Here he is confessing so directly and she still doesn't get it :lol: 

I don't hate Tae Min, but I just really dislike that fact he didn't call or text her to see if she made it home. It's a personal pet peeve of mine but I can't stand it when characters just put drunk people (male and female) in a cab and call it a night. It's a drama and I know she wasn't actually in any real danger, but it still bothers me lol. The problem is he didn't even get her a cab and she literally disappeared and his first thought "oh it's ok she doesn't like clubs" ... come on. I don't care how self-reliant and independent they are as individuals, you take them home period. His behavior is even weirder since he did like her at one point and he doesn't even text her? She was drunk and probably wouldn't answer, but if she made home her family members would have picked up the phone. 

The flashback made it worse because who rationalizes with a drunk person lol. He could have easily sat in the front seat, but nope. We're always hearing from YT and now JJ how nice he is and how warm he is, but we haven't actually seen him do anything nice or warm (aside from his adorable scenes with his bro).

YT is an iron wall and he couldn't get through to her so he gives up, but he's already thinking about marrying JJ who he just met? I'm confused by that logic. It's more than possible he fell in love at first sight, but there is no foundation for their relationship unless I missed something so the whole marriage talk threw me off a bit lol. He doesn't know anything about her and vice versa. I don't think they ever had a real conversation about anything. The lack of foundation (and JJ having no plans on marrying someone without money) is worrisome. I'm hoping the writing is not heading towards the two brothers fighting over the YT..

SY and IC are pathetic. He could have demanded to see his kids or fought to have a relationship with them, but he didn't. He was okay with MJ lying to them to keep his image of being a good father. Now he cries about the missing time and I don't buy it. She has an affair with a married man with 3 kids and ends marrying him then blames her mom for not stopping her?  SY's mom is right not only do they deserve each other, but you reap what you sow. I'm guessing operation let's get pregnant without him knowing is going to blow up in their faces.

SY's mom being upset that MJ is happily dating takes the cake lol.

The scene with Sang Min and Yeon Tae had me in stitches. He was carefully explaining the number of times they have encountered each other and what happened on each of those scenes. Any other girl would have picked up at this point that this guy is obviously interested to remember every encounter in such detail. Then he had to repeat very slowly (I love his look of frustration at this point) what the point was in these encounters and how she should have fallen for him. She is so totally clueless because she has been put down by people (including Sang Min when he advised her to stop hanging out with girlfriends that are prettier than her) and considered unattractive being next to Jin Joo. So it never occurs to her that this guy might like her it is inconceivable and the great thing about Sang Min is that he gets it. He gets that she cannot see the situation or the reasons for it so he patiently and I mean patiently (so patiently he is almost crying at the injustice of him having to explain his attraction) explains it.

Problem with Yeon Tae and why she never realised Tae Min liked her also is because she has never considered herself as pretty,attractive or capable of getting guys to want her. Notice too that each time she rejected Tae Min's attempts to get close it was to keep him warm or not to tire him ,always for his benefit never hers. Unselfish and caring for Tae Min but that made him afraid to declare himself in fear of losing the friendship which is a totally plausible and justifiable reason to remain silent. I have seen girls like her who think every guy only likes them as buddies and will never consider them as girlfriend material . Lack of confidence not for everything but in this particular area is the reason. They might be good at their job or great personalities but are completely clueless about male and female attraction or the signs for them. I am going to so enjoy Sang Min and Yeon Tae and when she actually returns the favour by liking him back. I want to see what she does and how she responds to him. I know people consider the way she talks might be annoying but I love her childlike mumble where she munches certain words in that very cute childlike way when she talks. I don't know what it is but for me she is infinitely more attractive than Jin Joo. I think many people in general never get that beauty is not skin deep, attraction is superficial but when you fall in love you fall for the person not the face. The face is not important unless you are looking for window dressing or a mistress but even then in history the most famous mistresses of powerful men were also very clever and could hold conversations and were interesting people. A vapid pretty girl will always remain vapid while her beauty fades.

As for Mi Jung let me just say the actress nails her absolute joy at being smitten with Sang Tae. She conveys it beautifully with the boundless smiles and happiness at just being able to go on a date and spend time with him. No artifice or trying to be coy she just gives it her all. Wonderful character strong ,capable and totally honest. This is what women should grow up to be. She was not cowed by anyone and her comeback at Jin Joo ...priceless. Stupid brat indeed. I love her conversations with her granny too who is so hip. The granny who has seen her suffer and is finally seeing her smile and be happy is so happy for her and encourages her.

Women who are strong always get blamed and to actually put the blame on the affair on her for being too capable is an insult to me as a women. We should never make excuses for being strong, resilient and self sufficient. So In Chul regrets the time he lost well that was totally his fault for never having loved his children enough to fight for the right to see them. He cannot blame Mi Jung for stopping him from seeing them he should have done something if he had honestly wanted to be with his kids. He accepted her terms because let's face it he was ashamed of what he did and how his children will react to the truth . He is a coward and as usual he blames her for his mistakes. Look at the damage it has done to his eldest son who is so nervous and anxious he is peeing in bed. Look at how Mi Jung handled that and how she put her son at ease. Absolutely love her character. People like In Chul make me ill.

The TM twist does not fit well with what has been shown till now, a guy who liked her so much would not even be a good friend to her. He noticed no change in YT when she was devastated after he started with JJ, friends notice the smallest things.

JJ is same as HT maybe even worse, nothing has been shown as to what she wants to do in the future, does she even have any goals? But she gets to enjoy life and does not get branded a loser as she was lucky to be born into money and beauty. JJ is already concerned about the parents reaction, her future lifestyle and is even comparing with SM, this will be a major hurdle when all 4 collide especially with the new TM twist. I like JJ with TM and YT with SM as them complement each other well hope they do not mess it up with SM and JJ being being pressured to marry while YT and TM giving it a try for a few draggy episodes to realize their "true" feelings

HT is trying to make up for the past way too fast in an improper order, his story line will only move forward only when the couple get revealed to the parents and a condition of him getting a proper job/career and making is through is put forward. SY is one tough girl although timid she can take on anything, she is basically the female lead of daily dramas except for the fact that she is not meeting a chaebol with a dark/sad past.

MJ showing JJ she is not to be messed with right away, did not expect that!! hope this does not go away once the relationships are revealed

Highlight of this episode for me was YJ realizing she made a huge mistake and the conversation with the mom. The real nightmare for her would be if IC decides to focus on MJ and the 3 kids while she is pregnant, a first hand feeling of how she made her best friend feel.

Archived