All those who cursed TaeMin, prepare to eat your words! Haha!

YeonTae yah, YeonTae, you... Her inferiority complex is worse than I thought, and I already thought it was bad enough.

So we learn that TaeMin DID like YeonTae, but she was so self-conscious (in my opinion) that she made sure, herself, not to step over the lines and trouble him, so much so that SHE friendzoned him herself! Ommayah...

TaeMin complains that she really doesn't have any (people) sense since he did that (giving clues) for over a year but... no progress... to Hyung SangMin and Hyung SangMin sympathizes but says that TaeMin was at fault too, since he never personally confessed his feelings.

SO THIS TIME, SANGMIN HYUNG GOES TO DO EXACTLY THAT TO THE SAME NO-SENSE GIRL. HAHAHAHHAHAAH!!! My stomach hurts!

And he does so, starting off by listing the five times she's met him and then asking "when did you see my charms". She replies that she never did. PFFFTTTT! His self-confidence! So he shouts that he's "the same!" so why is he like this, to the point that he can't sleep asks her to think, THINK! why, before he supplies the answer - the ONLY answer - that he likes her but she doesn't like him. HEE!!! This is so exciting! Even his confession is so brash! HAHAHHA!!

And MiJung just went so there are such brats right in JinJoo's face at the end. Ooop!

Gah! Now I have to wait another week.

And now I'm thinking that SangTae and MiJung's marriage might happen in the last episode because it's looking like a all-problems-solved-before-marriage- story rather than problems-arising-during-marriage drama... I mean, the guy did say in the preview that he isn't gonna remarry, so the problem isn't the in-laws, the kids, the parents, the whomever else... etc...  but the guy. The nice, boring guy. :angry:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, haymochi said:

still the people i despise the most are the in laws. This couple of husband and wife aren't normal.. They totally look like mentally unstable people. 

I think everyone in this thread is in agreement. The monster in laws  are the villains of this drama :D yes monsters ha ha  :P

@lclarakl and everyone here. Yes yes yes yesss! love SM and YT! :wub::wub:

More of them! The writer surely must know majority of viewers ( just check twtrverse) everyone rooting for them. Heck, I want throwing flowers/confetti emoji.. hahaha

14 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

All those who cursed TaeMin, prepare to eat your words! Haha!

YeonTae yah, YeonTae, you... Her inferiority complex is worse than I thought, and I already thought it was bad enough.

Hide contents

So we learn that TaeMin DID like YeonTae, but she was so self-conscious (in my opinion) that she made sure, herself, not to step over the lines and trouble him, so much so that SHE friendzoned him herself! Ommayah...

TaeMin complains that she really doesn't have any (people) sense since he did that (giving clues) for over a year but... no progress... to Hyung SangMin and Hyung SangMin sympathizes but says that TaeMin was at fault too, since he never personally confessed his feelings.

SO THIS TIME, SANGMIN HYUNG GOES TO DO EXACTLY THAT TO THE SAME NO-SENSE GIRL. HAHAHAHHAHAAH!!! My stomach hurts!

And he does so, starting off by listing the five times she's met him and then asking "when did you see my charms". She replies that she never did. PFFFTTTT! His self-confidence! So he states the "ridiculous" things that the two have done and asks her to think, THINK! why, before he supplies the answer - the ONLY answer - that he likes her but she doesn't like him. HEE!!! This is so exciting!

The problem still for me with Tae Min is if he liked her, then he should have made steps like his brother to let her know that he liked her. Most guys are turned off my women who flirt with so many men--the way JJ was when he first started liking her--but not TM. He continued to pursue JJ; he should have done some of that with YT if he truly liked her. Also, if you truly likes someone, you're not that easy to let them go---even if she had put him in the friend zone.  I'm glad that a pro golfer, a celebrity who can pick and chose his women, is chasing after her.

I hope with all my heart that YT and TM DO NOT become a couple in this drama. I love the vibe between her and Sang Min.

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

I have to say that TS' younger brother gets on my nerves. He's so irresponsible on many levels. What woman in her right mind would want him as their man. He's not working while he pursues his "dreams" and freeload off of his parents. When he stole things from their home to give his girlfriend, it just made me roll my eyes. Now he's sleeping with her--now I can see her getting pregnant and the family has to take care of both of them because he refuses to work.

@allievera, I love both of your posts. I too am shipping Yeon Tae and Sang Min....and will go down with that ship as well.  

I also agree about the in-laws being so invasive regarding Tae Sang and Mi Jung's love life. I can see Tae Sang and Mi Jung being very angry at knowing that the father in law had her followed and has been spying on with her children.  That is wrong on so many levels. The fact that he often cheats on his wife, makes me wonder how he tries to find fault in other people.

@alleram95, I agree with your post concerning Jin Joo an Sang Min. I didn't see any signs of recognition on their faces and nor would there be a reason for them to pretend that they did't know each other. I think Jin Joo's expression has everything to do with her having a boyfriend already and not interested in Sang Min. I think Sang Min's expression is for the same reason "too pretty girl" not his type...he likes women that are "cute".  Also, he's in a rush to meet Yeon Tae so he's like a deer in the headlights when he's stopped, but has to be polite since he's a celebrity.

@enigmatic_zephy, I have a different take on the cheating couple. MJ is a woman who is not afraid to speak her mind. Her husband tries to blame her for the divorce, because she's so outspoke. MJ just doesn't sweep things under the rug or tries to be manipulative in order to get what she wants--she speaks plainly. His current wife is all docile and meek in front of him, yet she's plotting to try and get pregnant--that's a decision they should be making together.

Hmm.. with the husband i see what you are trying to say..and it indeed can be that..

its just that I read it as him not blaming her...but again out of frustration of being accused all the time and seeing his new wife being accused all the time...

he said it the first time that MJ was the reason when she was fighting wit them...infact both of them state that and show in flashback that they stopped meeting , only MJ again got aggressive and finally nailed the coffin... infact only time I really do see him stand upto MJ is..when MJ gets really hostile towards the new wife

If hubby truly believed that MJ was the reason for divorce..he really wouldn't be apologizing or look at her the way he does....I don't see ridicule or insult for MJ in his eyes..infact he is indeed intimidated by her..but at the same time (now if it is because he feels so or because MJ is so strong that he dare not say anything else) I do see that he respects the mother of his kids....and most definitely does not think he is free of all guilt

The new wife..is being manipulated by the mother..else the decision for pregnancy / all the deceit would have happened long back.. Nah...she is truly in love..and doesn't think is free of guilt... and she is really not capable of manipulating...only extreme insecurity of losing her husband would make her turn to someone (and the intensity is not that of a villain but a commn person .. e.g. this can happen to you or me..that we get insecured abt sthg and try to come up with ways to solve it...some learn sooner than later as to what the right path is)...for help...Atleast the instances you mention are all mother's doing

We also have to remember that we're seeing a different MJ than the one he married. We see a single mother who is bearing the responsibility of caring for 3 young children while still trying to be supportive of her cheating husband in front of them. She now pretends that things don't hurt her because she has to be strong in order to not give into her emotions, she has to take care of her children and put them first. A part of me believes that if it wasn't for TS's words, MJ may have gotten down on her knees in front of the cheating couple.

Att he start of the series I don't think MJ is supportive of the husband in any way... the true growth is what I see now..since she allowed kids to meet the father.. that moment she could have made the choice of spilling the beans but she didnt..and that shows the strength of her character..

On knees..I agree...she could have ( I don't get it..why the hell can you not  be rude to elders.. :( )

Both of these cheaters knew that MJ was hurt by their actions, but they didn't care.

Ofcourse they cared (dont know more for her or their own life)...but they cared. It wasnt there decision to move back...had they truly not cared..you would be seeing a sassy character in new wife..disrespecting insulting MJ all the time..and definitely with zero guilt... ditto with husband.. 

Yes they keep trying to be nice and all with MJ off and again..but a lot of it is driven by kids..because you can't completely sever ties..and part of it is driven by the fact that she was friends with MJ ( and my sense is.. MJ was the stronger one in that relationship too..so she must have taken care of this new wife a lot as a friend...those are all special memories...)

Her husband just expected her to move on as if nothing happen.  - Well..anyone would.. you know you can't live together... so what the point in beating around the bush.. pleading or not pleading ..how does any of it works... Infact it was better that he stopped MJ when she was crying over the phone..and stopped her from pleading more..doing worse for her self respect..

They disrespected her in so many ways, especially her husband. When he left the park holding the hands of his lover in front of MJ, that spoke volumes of disrespect and more than that, lack of love.  Knowing they had wronged her should have made then at least not hold hands in front of her--he was still married.

Not disrespect from hubby's point of view..but he was protecting the one he loved.. that hand holding spoke volumes about  lack fo love towards MJ for sure..infact that was the moment she realized..it was over..because clearly she had been aware of it..and they were probably not coming out that strong in front of her..but that night when she insulted SY again... IC lost it..and made his decision

(Note: My arguments are from IC and SYs perspective.. and not abt shipping or anything)

I look at it even now, letting her go to jail for taking his car. It's not like he didn't know where his car was. It's not like he didn't know she would return it since her car was still in front of their store.  I say him because he is the one that had the power to drop the charges and say it was a misunderstanding. Instead, he allowed the mother of his children to go to jail because she wouldn't kneel before him and his wife and apologize for halmoni giving YJ the well deserved slap.  If I was halmoni, I would have been mad too to have YJ in my face smiling like everything was okay and she was still my granddaughter's best friend--giving me money, as if buying me.

Sending her to jail was wrong .. indeed.. but for IC.. ( or even the decision to ask her to kneel)...came after three years of constant bickering on both sides..think from his point of view.. he is tired..he doesn't say he is not wrong in cheating..he is sorry..but he is in love with SY and not MJ..and yes it sucks that Sy is friend of MJ..but that is the truth..

Over than MJ has stopped him from meeting his own kids.. WHY? Its not that he was a bad dad... so who gives her the right to do that?.. She did it because she was hurt and angry...and from her standpoint..it was right to take away the family from him because he chose a new one.. but from his perspective..he didn't choose a new family .. he just chose a new partner..

She asks him to pay- he pays. She made them lose job - but you don't see them shouting at her everytime and yelling at her for making their life miserable.. they silently accept her rules with the kids.. he is in USA..fine if you say so.. IC has been asking her to come out clean..but she can't.. not because that's punishment for IC but because MY wants it that way to have lesser problems in lives of ones she cares..

He didn't set her free..SIMPLE.. he realized MY will never let him meet his kids.. will never give him that access.. and he wanted that.. had enough of 3 years of separation.. so he used it to his own benefit... TO begin with it was wrong on MJ's part to do this.. she should have given a nice hearing to the MIL.. shown her why they were wrong..instead of trying to be obedient nice korean grl in front of scheming elders.. and no need to take the car.. WHY did she do it? Was she plannign to sell it.. no..that was an imamture impulsive decision.... to make it inconvinient for them..that is stupid..

You want support..you ask ..they refuse.. seek help with law..

What would have she done..if IC would have severed all ties adn refused to pay up from the very beginning.. or SY or MIL any would have made that decision?

Money to GM - ya..that was stupid..but she is that dumb..and 90% perpetually in guilt.. because we are told ..granny says that..it is SYs habit..this wasn't the first time she gave money to granny..but does time and again..( for the first time y would granny accept it).. so maybe.. SY was trying to be 'normal'...pretend as usual.. 

but i think she was jsut being stupid.

IMO, MJ's ex is a weak excuse of a man. It's not just MJ he was weak in front of, he's also weak in front of his mother in law.  

yup

TS is weak in front of his in laws too, but in a different way. He's weighed down by the promise he gave his dead wife, and feeling obligated to his in laws and respectful of the fact that they lost their daughter. Unlike MJ's ex who is extremely selfish, TS is not.

yup... 

but i am not shown yet if TS is selfish or not - I haven't seen any example of him being selfish or being not selfish

In regards to MJ making them lose their job, that's solely their fault. She confronted them on their job, but it was because they were having an affair in the first place. They even used a company trip to carry on the affair. The reason other companies don't want to hire them was because of the scandal they caused (affair on the job). It was because of their actions that they lost their jobs, not because of MJ.

Yes..but who ousted them. MJ..on purpose.. that's an intent

She didn't go ousting them out of anger... because the job thing happened much later...by that time the two had separated.. and clearly were aware of the situation (my guess is park scene comes before job incident)...so it was pure spite from MJ's end.. and hence legit argument in IC's favour

35 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

The problem still for me with Tae Min is if he liked her, then he should have made steps like his brother to let her know that he liked her. Most guys are turned off my women who flirt with so many men--the way JJ was when he first started liking her--but not TM. He continued to pursue JJ; he should have done some of that with YT if he truly liked her. Also, if you truly likes someone, you're not that easy to let them go---even if she had put him in the friend zone.  I'm glad that a pro golfer, a celebrity who can pick and chose his women, is chasing after her.

I hope with all my heart that YT and TM DO NOT become a couple in this drama. I love the vibe between her and Sang Min.

That's true, but he was only in his late-teens/early-twenties then. Not everyone is wise or has courage enough to know what to do all the time and maybe that's true for TaeMin who was probably facing falling for a good friend for the first time. I just said that because I've seen a lot of comments calling Taemin a bad guy because he's insensitive to YeonTae's needs/plight despite being her supposed BEST friend but TaeMin is not a bad guy, just clueless when it comes to YeonTae (but also, of course, YeonTae's at some fault here too. Her inferiority complex makes her close A LOT, A LOT of doors and that's how she sent TaeMin negative signals).

I might debate the point that people who truly like someone won't let them go easily. There are many ways and extent to which people like each other and there are many reasons why people decide to let go. Just because one chose to let go doesn't mean that he/she didn't really, sincerely like the other party. Cowardice could be a reason why some couples don't form, especially in this case where if TaeMin had confessed to an unwilling YeonTae, he might have lost her as a (best) friend, a love-interest and a person if she got scared away or if things became awkward between them. And YeonTae really gave a lot of signals that she does NOT like him, by not letting him get close to her or not letting herself rely on him.

I also really like the vibe when YeonTae and SangMin are together. She's so unimpressed by his braggart ways and he's so self-absorbed that he just bashes through all the doors she closes, ahahaha! They balance each other out so well.

Wow so TM did like YT. This is def gonna complicate the four people relationship.

as for the In Cheol affair thing... Naaah no matter what i blame him. MJ can be intimidating and she has temper but the man had the affair with her own bestfriend. Given that SY was actually a married woman as well, it shows even more how despicable they are. 

So what if IC has tried to stop meeting SY.. He still did the deed and MJ has the right to be angry and lash out on them. Like MJ said, if IC really cared about the kids from the beginning.. He wouldn't be having an affair at all. 

He is irresponsible.. With 3 toddlers, did he expect MJ to tell them that their dad has an affair with her mom bff that they meet frequently and decided to abandon them. 

Ahahah on Soyoung's Mom griping she has an idiot for a daughter! That's Karmic payback for all the evil deeds you've done, you evil scheming Ahjumma. A v. light hearted, fun ep. with Sangtae-Mijung goin' back and forth, it's v. amusing and lovely to watch; they're like a bunch of teenagers. I'm feelin' it could also signify as The Calm Before The Storm as it goes in most K-Dramas. Now that Sangtae's FIL know of Mijung & her background, it will only be a matter of time before The Can Of Worms Are Opened when the other in-laws get word of their union. Yup it'd be an uphill battle when the truth comes out. 

That Bromance moment when Sangmin backed Taemin up against the wall was so hilarious yet cringeworthy:w00t: Although I feel Taemin is much too overbearing the way he's already bought a necklace for Jinju among other things. It's also gettin' obvious that Taemin-Jinju are world's apart and he's way more invested in their relationship than she is. 

@enigmatic_zephy

This is solely my opinion but MiJung's ex is the absolute lowest of the lowest to me. 

You say that he's apologized, that he's sorry but I don't see that he is actually, truly sorry. He only says sorry because he knows his affair was wrong and wants MiJung out of his life. He says sorry only because it might make things easier. That's IT. But he still wants (to see) the kids! I don't see where he sincerely acknowledges and apologizes for the hurt he caused MiJung, I don't see him acknowledge her for the great person she is (and what in the world is badmouthing her in front of her superior), all I see is him thinking of me, Me, ME, ME, ME! Oh, you know, things are sooo haaaard on me, why won't that woman leave me alone? (I'm pretty sure MiJung would just love to, if his new family doesn't bother her and sends the required child support regularly! Court? Hah! Maybe that money would come one year later, by which the children would be all skin and bones by then) Frustrated? He has no right to be frustrated if he never acknowledged the problem at all, not to mention even trying to solve the problem. Asking MiJung to kneel in front of the woman he cheated on her with and that woman's mother?! WHY DOESN'T HE KNEEL FIRST, THAT BASTARD! AND HIS CHILD-SUPPORT IS PAID FOR BY HIS NEW MOTHER-IN-LAW! Yeah, MiJung was wrong not to let the kids see him but... snort, as if he couldn't just go right up to them and appear before them himself. It'll drive MiJung half-insane and to tears but if he really wanted to, he could. He's just a damned coward who can't handle the outcome and yet still wants the positive result and solves the resulting emotional turmoil in him by blaming others.

What the heck is hiding in bed, unable to sleep or even coming out to eat after seeing his children for the first time in three years. Oh, so now his problems are so great and of such consuming importance that hurting his poor, guilty wife (not that she is blameless, but he did play a part in making her such a miserable existence) is not significant at all whatsoever.

He flees, doesn't take responsibility, blames others, but still wants everything. What a bloody loser.

2 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

@enigmatic_zephy

This is solely my opinion but MiJung's ex is the absolute lowest of the lowest to me. 

he he.. no worries..

You say that he's apologized, that he's sorry but I don't see that he is actually, truly sorry. He only says sorry because he knows his affair was wrong and wants MiJung out of his life. He says sorry only because it might make things easier. That's IT. But he still wants (to see) the kids!

But why should he not want to see his kids? If you cheat on your spouse, how does that translate you into not maintaining relations with your own kids?

I don't see where he sincerely acknowledges and apologizes for the hurt he caused MiJung, I don't see him acknowledge her for the great person he is (and what in the world is badmouthing her in front of her superior), all I see is him thinking of me, Me, ME, ME, ME! Oh, you know, things are sooo haaaard on me, why won't that woman leave me alone? (I'm pretty sure MiJung would just love to, if his new family doesn't bother her and sends the required child support regularly!) 

hmm..the thing is we don't see him running to her and badmouthing her.. even behind the back.he isn't really keen on talking abt them..Infact all confrontations are when MJ is around..and she is never polite ( not saying that MJ is wrong)...so its a thin line..but yes..for me..his words are mostly a reaction to something... its been three years..he is still living in shame..ofcourse life is hard..no job, can't keep your love the way you would want to, kids not in life, since they are dependent ofcourse they have to obey MIL........

What does MJ want? - My biggest disconnect with her is to rule lives of all..how can she decide who lives whose life like how..talking about kids-father decison of hers..you (mJ) have problems with him, deal with it.. how can you hide the truth from everyone and force upon your decision on everyone..no one has a say 

He has been sending support money regularly...only once they didn't because MIL didn't... on that front he has never objected...I guess we just see differently..because i really don't see the 'ME' attitude anywhere.. (if at all the biggest 'ME mE" attitude lies with Yoon tae coupled with inferiority)

Frustrated? He has no right to be frustrated if he never acknowledged the problem at all, not to mention even trying to solve the problem. Asking MiJung to kneel in front of the woman he cheated on her with and that woman's mother?! WHY DOESN'T HE KNEEL FIRST, THAT BASTARD! AND HIS CHILD-SUPPORT IS PAID FOR BY HIS NEW MOTHER-IN-LAW!

Please explain how you define the problem and how did he not solve it or as you say..what is it that he should have done to solve it? WHich problem are we talkign about?

COrrection: Child support is not paid by MIL .. he pays it.. his MIL deducts it from his salary... he clearly called out his mIL on that..that the money gets deducted ffrom both his and his new wife's account to which MIL says she will say whatever she wants

Now note here, no reason to get money deduted ffrom wife's pay..but she does..which shows her love and undying support towards her husband..she understands his duties and respects him for whoever he is.. AND he understands his responsibilities...and has not shied away from it once..

He is married..has a woman he loves..and although he knows he did wrong to another woman..and his wife did wrong to another woman...for how logn is he supposed to take insults from anyone towards his love of life?- FOREVER? That won't happen...if you love someone, you would protect them.. like MIL does..even she knows daughter did wrong, doesn't approve of it..herself keeps scolding SY for that..BUT..can not take anyone else hurting abusing insulting her kid...and that is normal human reaction...if your kid did wrong.even you won't be able to sever ties for life...

What the heck is hiding in bed, unable to sleep after seeing his children for the first time in three years. Oh, so now his problems are so great and of such consuming importance that hurting his poor, guilty wife is not significant whatsoever.

He flees, doesn't take responsibility, blames others, but still wants everything. What a bloody loser.

I am afraid,,..didn't quite understand you here... he never didn't want his kids..MJ made the situation that best suit her..and everyone obliged...for her and their peace

42 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Did they reveal that today?

1. TM in love with YT?

2. SY was married? he he.. who is her husband now..

as for the In Cheol affair thing... Naaah no matter what i blame him. MJ can be intimidating and she has temper but the man had the affair with her own bestfriend. Given that SY was actually a married woman as well, it shows even more how despicable they are. 

42 minutes ago, haymochi said:

So what if IC has tried to stop meeting SY.. He still did the deed and MJ has the right to be angry and lash out on them. Like MJ said, if IC really cared about the kids from the beginning.. He wouldn't be having an affair at all. 

He is irresponsible.. With 3 toddlers, did he expect MJ to tell them that their dad has an affair with her mom bff that they meet frequently and decided to abandon them. 

Is he wrong..yes he is wrong.. she lashes ..she does... should she act happy and forget all- no never.. while all of this makes IC irresponsible towards his ex wife .. that doesn't say anything about the kids..

FOr a throwback on the kids question: SUppose, one is married to someone who is abusive, abusive to them not to kids... and there is a small baby invovled... finally one of the partner has had enough...should they not move out because baby/toddler is involved? - I am not saying that MJ is abusive..but tryign to prove a point that for whatever reason, if it becomes unbearable to live with someone...and it leads to unhappy environment at home..and you are very sure that things can't be positive..then should presence of the kid be the only deciding factor?

Kids sense more- very perceptive... having neagive energy aroudn will not fool anyone...

Today atleast at home, its happy good energy....due to life and how it decided to turn out..

Is there no SM scene today? :(

All sorry for the long post. Just ignore it until a day when you want something to read.

@enigmatic_zephy, read your post but a little too long to quote..... my response is pretty long too.....lol!  

A few of my thoughts:

First about intimidation. Each, individual person determines whether or not they are going to let someone intimidate them. That is an emotion only they can control. In the case of MJ's ex, his intimidation to me came and has come in the face of his cheating. He wasn't intimidated when he walked away holding her friend's hand in her face.

MJ's husband and her friend, in the flashback, had not stopped meeting IMO because they had just been recently caught. Most people who are caught step back for a moment. However, her friend wouldn't answer her call, but she quickly picked up the phone when MJ called using her husband's phone.  The point is, if these people had stopped, then a meeting on the playground by an angry wife wanting answers is not going to cause them to walk off holding hands.  The husband would have been understanding of his wrong and knew that his wife had to go through her moments of anger (7 steps of grieving). If he had any empathy for MJ, he would have been able to put himself in her position and realize how he would have felt if roles had been reversed---the same for her friend.  These people had no plans of truly breaking up. These are two people trying to blamed the wife for their own actions. It's like they are saying, "We wouldn't have gotten back together if you hadn't confronted us."  That's no excuse.  The damage was already done. The affair happened and the trust broken.  All of that was his fault. He destroyed his marriage. Even when MJ begged him to reconsider, he wouldn't. There is no excuse for MJ's cheating husband IMO.....especially with her best friend.....zero!

In regards to YJ wanting a child, it's pretty obvious that she's wanted one for 3 years. Regardless of what her mother is saying, she's still deceiving her husband. Her mother is not to blame for actions in which YJ has a choice.  At this moment, YJ is manipulating her husband.  She also gave halmoni money to ease her conscience but to also manipulate halmoi into believing she's still the sweet, best friend of MJ; wanting to buy the kids clothes (something she thought of) was thoughtful, but also a form of manipulation--so the kids would think of their father kindly when they meet him; although they had not bought the kids anything in 3 years, and I won't talk about withholding the kids child support. They also manipulated the circumstance around MJ taking the car so that he could have a visit with the kids. When she was having her affair with MJ's husband, she was manipulating MJ to believe everything was okay and she wasn't the other woman. Manipulation is in the works and YJ isn't as innocent as her facade.

Disrespect/Respect:

I also don't think he respected MJ as the mother of his children before or after his affair and divorce. While at the park and WJ went missing, he immediately started in on MJ, as if she's an uncaring mother. It made his son mad and he told his father that they had rules/plans in such an event. The father ignored them and ran all over the park only to end back up where he started. When they met the couple who was keeping WJ and the man told him that his wife was very smart to think of such a plan, something finally clicked for him and it had nothing to do with WJ. That's why he's still holding on to the paper MJ wrote with instructions in case one of them gets lost---he's now beginning to realize what he has lost. 

No matter how it's sliced to me, IC disrespected MJ.  He is the one that agreed to give up the children and to not visit them. He went along with her stupid scheme to tell the kids that their father was in the U.S. working, instead of telling them the truth that he cheated on her and left her for the woman they thought of as an aunt. Her lie isn't protecting MJ, her lie was protecting IC and her children's impression of him. She still, despite her own feelings, tries to speak positively of him to her children; to not give them a bad impression of him.  She is showing RESPECT to him as their father, whereas he only showed her disrespect with his affair and by putting her in jail.  The oldest son is realizing what his mother has done for them and is not wanting to really be around his father--IC has lost his respect at the moment.

MJ still made it possible for the father to interact with the kids and talk to them. Nothing stopped him from buying them gifts but himself. He didn't care about not seeing them at first because he was busy with his new romance, but now he's realizing these kids are growing up without him. There is nothing that MJ could have done to stop him physically from seeing his kids if he truly wanted too--nothing.

Putting the mother of his children in jail and leaving an elderly grandmother to care for the children, also knowing she had no one to help her out of the situation was low. IC did this not to see the children, that came later after TS being the man he is, tried to negotiate a deal for him to drop the charges. No, they were holding out for her to get on her knees before them.

Lost Job:

MJ could have gone on their job and argued with her husband, but he wouldn't have lost his job. He lost his job because of his affair. No other company wants to hire him because of his affair. If they never had an affair, they both would still have their jobs. They did that. Why should MJ keep her mouth shut about their affair, sharing in their secret. Did she do it on purpose? I doubt it very much. This is a woman that found out that her husband was cheating with her best friend and she immediately went to their job to confront them. They could have been on the streets or at the grocery and she would have confronted them. If it had been witnessed by some of their coworkers, they more than likely would have still lost their jobs. There affair was their fault. 

I love that in this drama it lets us know what some of the characters are thinking. Even Sang Tae was thinking as IC and YJ talked that they got what they deserved.

TS Selfish/Selfless:

At this time, I do not see TS as a selfish man at all. If anything he's selfless and needs to become a little more selfish. The fact that he's living with his in-laws attest to that fact. The fat that when his team members are having a hard time he gives of his time and energy to help them through a crisis attest to his acts of selflessness. MJ thought she was the only special one at first, but learned he shows acts of kindness to everyone.  IC put his desires before his wife and kids.

I appreciate reading things from your point of view, but I'm not impressed with IC or YJ. IC is also a poor father to me. I think the family outing was a wakeup call for him. 

@enigmatic_zephy, one last thing. The fact that IC was trying to treat MJ like a "woman" when he wanted to take her to lunch and then wanted to carry her bag as he started talking about how he like the person she is with the calm demeanor, I got the impression that if MJ wanted to, she could take IC back from YJ easily.  I'm glad she doesn't want him.

@xxPeepsxx, agree with your post 100%.  And, Yes, the ex husband is the lowest of the low in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, xxPeepsxx said:

That's true, but he was only in his late-teens/early-twenties then. Not everyone is wise or has courage enough to know what to do all the time and maybe that's true for TaeMin who was probably facing falling for a good friend for the first time. I just said that because I've seen a lot of comments calling Taemin a bad guy because he's insensitive to YeonTae's needs/plight despite being her supposed BEST friend but TaeMin is not a bad guy, just clueless when it comes to YeonTae (but also, of course, YeonTae's at some fault here too. Her inferiority complex makes her close A LOT, A LOT of doors and that's how she sent TaeMin negative signals).

I might debate the point that people who truly like someone won't let them go easily. There are many ways and extent to which people like each other and there are many reasons why people decide to let go. Just because one chose to let go doesn't mean that he/she didn't really, sincerely like the other party. Cowardice could be a reason why some couples don't form, especially in this case where if TaeMin had confessed to an unwilling YeonTae, he might have lost her as a (best) friend, a love-interest and a person if she got scared away or if things became awkward between them. And YeonTae really gave a lot of signals that she does NOT like him, by not letting him get close to her or not letting herself rely on him.

I also really like the vibe when YeonTae and SangMin are together. She's so unimpressed by his braggart ways and he's so self-absorbed that he just bashes through all the doors she closes, ahahaha! They balance each other out so well.

@xxPeepsxx, I agree that people let go for many reasons, but the most impressionable "love" is that when you're a teen. Because TM has been her best friend for 7 years, I don't see his feelings for her easing up unless he was only infatuated with her or had a crush--which appears to have been the case.

I don't see TM as a bad person or insensitive, however, I don't think he liked her as much as he thought if he wasn't willing to get her to open up to him. It's not like she was trying to date another guy. Just as he's been bold with JJ who really wasn't giving him a lot to go on, I think he could have put forth a little more effort with YT.  Although YT convinced herself that TM didn't like her, she never stopped liking him.  I'm hoping with SM, she will discover mature love.

17 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:
36 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

he he.. no worries..

You say that he's apologized, that he's sorry but I don't see that he is actually, truly sorry. He only says sorry because he knows his affair was wrong and wants MiJung out of his life. He says sorry only because it might make things easier. That's IT. But he still wants (to see) the kids!

But why should he not want to see his kids? If you cheat on your spouse, how does that translate you into not maintaining relations with your own kids?

Seeing the kids is not the issue. The issue is that he just wants to push MiJung aside, her feelings, her hurt, her as a person and just says sorry because it might be the best way to see his kids. In other words, he doesn't fully acknowledge the wrongs he's done, and I don't mean just the affair but also the resulting fall-out, to both himself and the people he's affected, namely MiJung and kids. It's like he wants the advantages without the dealing with the problems or disadvantages that come with it. (If you cheat on your spouse, how does that translate you into not maintaining relations with your own kids?) Um, yes it does, especially if those kids are raised by said spouse. And it IS kind of ridiculous to expect, like its a right, to maintain relations with the family one walks out on because that is what he did when he cheated on MiJung, divorced her, and chose his new wife. He's lucky that MiJung didn't turn them on him. Eldest son might actually end up turning on him when he knows the full story. In my opinion, the ex will then turn into yet another sad sack and make his new wife miserable. Again.

I don't see where he sincerely acknowledges and apologizes for the hurt he caused MiJung, I don't see him acknowledge her for the great person he is (and what in the world is badmouthing her in front of her superior), all I see is him thinking of me, Me, ME, ME, ME! Oh, you know, things are sooo haaaard on me, why won't that woman leave me alone? (I'm pretty sure MiJung would just love to, if his new family doesn't bother her and sends the required child support regularly!) 

hmm..the thing is we don't see him running to her and badmouthing her.. even behind the back.he isn't really keen on talking abt them..Infact all confrontations are when MJ is around..and she is never polite ( not saying that MJ is wrong)...so its a thin line..but yes..for me..his words are mostly a reaction to something... its been three years..he is still living in shame..ofcourse life is hard..no job, can't keep your love the way you would want to, kids not in life, since they are dependent ofcourse they have to obey MIL........ You don't have to run over to anywhere to badmouth someone to their face. You can just sit at your own shop like InCheol did with SangTae and just talk bad or list all the negative points of your ex that you cheated on. That's still called badmouthing. 

What does MJ want? - My biggest disconnect with her is to rule lives of all..how can she decide who lives whose life like how..talking about kids-father decison of hers..you (mJ) have problems with him, deal with it.. how can you hide the truth from everyone and force upon your decision on everyone..no one has a say 

This is MJ's fault, no argue there. But what does she want? I'll tell you now. She wants a real, sincere apology and she wants to be free from this scar.

He has been sending support money regularly...only once they didn't because MIL didn't... on that front he has never objected...I guess we just see differently..because i really don't see the 'ME' attitude anywhere.. (if at all the biggest 'ME mE" attitude lies with Yoon tae coupled with inferiority)

At least YeonTae doesn't blame others for her problems. As for the Me Me syndrome, just reread my last paragraph.

Frustrated? He has no right to be frustrated if he never acknowledged the problem at all, not to mention even trying to solve the problem. Asking MiJung to kneel in front of the woman he cheated on her with and that woman's mother?! WHY DOESN'T HE KNEEL FIRST, THAT BASTARD! AND HIS CHILD-SUPPORT IS PAID FOR BY HIS NEW MOTHER-IN-LAW!

Please explain how you define the problem and how did he not solve it or as you say..what is it that he should have done to solve it? WHich problem are we talkign about?

The problem is the irresolution of MiJung's feelings. And not acknowledging his faults entirely.

COrrection: Child support is not paid by MIL .. he pays it.. his MIL deducts it from his salary... he clearly called out his mIL on that..that the money gets deducted ffrom both his and his new wife's account to which MIL says she will say whatever she wants

Now note here, no reason to get money deduted ffrom wife's pay..but she does..which shows her love and undying support towards her husband..she understands his duties and respects him for whoever he is.. AND he understands his responsibilities...and has not shied away from it once..

He is married..has a woman he loves..and although he knows he did wrong to another woman..and his wife did wrong to another woman...for how logn is he supposed to take insults from anyone towards his love of life?- FOREVER? That won't happen...if you love someone, you would protect them.. like MIL does..even she knows daughter did wrong, doesn't approve of it..herself keeps scolding SY for that..BUT..can not take anyone else hurting abusing insulting her kid...and that is normal human reaction...if your kid did wrong.even you won't be able to sever ties for life...

So why didn't the money go through that one time? Why is his Mother-in-law the one sending it instead of him, himself? If he's really responsible, he would have made everything sure that no problems occur at all with this important money and ensure that nothing affects MiJung and her children with respect to the money. And he's supposed to take all the insults until MiJung forgives him, since she's really the only one who can. And I don't see him working towards that. At all. Forgiveness is not a right and the one who did wrong should work at it until the one who is wronged feels better and gives in.

What the heck is hiding in bed, unable to sleep after seeing his children for the first time in three years. Oh, so now his problems are so great and of such consuming importance that hurting his poor, guilty wife is not significant whatsoever.

I am afraid,,..didn't quite understand you here... he never didn't want his kids..MJ made the situation that best suit her..and everyone obliged...for her and their peace

I edited my piece so it seems you didn't read this part but if he really wanted to see his kids, he could. MiJung would have cried and gone half-insane but he still could have seen his kids. He just doesn't dare handle the fall-out, therefore my last paragraph.

Hi all, have been reading most of yr fun posts.... Yes, i'm also on YT-SM ship... Hahaha. Have not been following the "Sun" but rather these "five children" or maybe five couples :D:D:D.

i am also interested to join in the "which ep will ST and MJ get married" but let me do further investigations before deciding my choice...

something to share with all from the recent ep18. During the scene when SM went to 'confront' and 'confess' to YT, can't help but notice the wordings "STOP" and (i think) "Keep your distance" on YT's coat.

Cute....:w00t:!!!! Is it a signal to SM??!!

On 4/16/2016 at 8:14 AM, suchadiva42 said:

ST mother-in-law is better then I am after hearing her husband calling out another woman in his sleep in which he had an affair with, and if it were me he would've been going out on a stretcher from me giving it to his behind without a shout of a doubt :rolleyes:

LOL he would have been gone in 60 seconds. Hopefully to meet his maker or at least wish he had!

@alleram95 Thank you so much for the mini recap. I can't wait to watch w/subs. I love you posts and gfs! I'm on board this ship too

ugly-chick-smiley-10.gif

So it sounds like HT and SY's storyline is going to get very interesting w/possible baby drama. If so HT better get a job at the nearest 7 Eleven or do something. I hate to see see him give up on his dream but the reality of a child changes a lot. It's so romantic that ST wants to fulfill MJ's list:wub:. Lastly poor YT she just doesn't highly about herself to even realize that a man would be interested in her. I'm happy we have SM on the case because he does not strike me as one who will give up easily. LOL he's going to tell her it's unfair he has not gotten any sleep because of her. I just love it, love this couple to death.  

12 hours ago, stervamerzkaya0 said:

I think it might be the opposite. She will fall deeper for Tae Min while he loses interest after learning about his brother and Yeo Tae. I guess we just have to wait and see.

OH I can actually see that happening also. 

I really liked the last scene of this episode when JJ gets a taste of MJ's attitude in the bathroom.  The look of surprise on JJ's face was great since she clearly thought she could get away with her petty, mean girl behavior.  I think it bodes well for MJ keeping a firm grasp on the future in-laws.  At the very least JJ (and by extension her parents) has been warned that MJ is no pushover.

Guest snowpanda

About ep 18 so if you haven't seen it yet and don't want any spoilers don't read^^

The list of things MiJung wants to do with SangTae, so cute, she really is like a girl, since she hasn’t dated in so long she is just cute^^

The date was also really sweet, I loved when they were listening to the music together and SangTae was listening to I got a boy xDDD he really loved her singing that song it seems, and always teasing her with it :D

And then TaeMin. I didn’t think that he liked her before, I really didn’t, but I could see why he is treating her the way he does. She just always did everything on her own and never wanted his help, and just like I thought he just got used to her being like this, doing everything alone and not wanting help, so he doesn’t think about it that much anymore.  

That scene with Sangmin waiting for YeonTae is so adorable.  The way he is rambling on and on about why she should like him and why is it only him that feels like this. And him being super frustrated, because YeonTae just doesn’t get it, is soooo cute :wub: poor boy liking someone so dense xD

Oh and newt week the peace is going to be over it seems,  I would have liked SangTae and MiJung to have a little bit more time as a happy couple...   

Archived