[Drama 2016] The Good Wife 굿 와이프

larus

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/29/2016 at 5:37 AM, valsava said:

Is anyone besides me watching this drama

Chingu...Of course! I bet many are, even though this thread is pretty quiet. 

Thanks all for updates :P Looking really good so far.

EDIT: *waves back* @irilight. Why don't you (try to) watch the US version? It's really good (as are most US legal dramas). I highly recommend it (I mean, the many seasons of it) :P 

17 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

I've been watching american version of the good wife since season 1 kicks off but the passion to continue watch it end when Will Gardner died and somehow Alicia become a very weird personality for me.

I hope the Korean version will not create the same Alicia character, hope the JDY can pull another Alicia for this drama. 

@Yippeuni, I have not watched the American version, but I heard good things about it.

@larus, Thank you for the new teaser

Waves to @jadecloud panda wave smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anticipated dramas in the second half of 2016

Keeping relevant material only

14.png

TVN - Good Wife

Story: A successful prosecutor husband gets arrested for political scandals and corruptions. His wife, who quit her lawyer job after getting married, returns to her position in 13 years to feed the family. As a lawyer again, she finds her true identity.

Anticipations: Movie-like line-up. Remake of an American drama. TVN's court drama.

1 hour ago, jadecloud said:

Why don't you (try to) watch the US version? It's really good (as are most US legal dramas). I highly recommend it (I mean, the many seasons of it) :P 

Thank you for the recommendation, chingu. I hardly ever watch anything on my computer;  Only on Roku. (with very few exception of films or if I want to take screencaps)  I wish NF had the American version on streaming, but they don't.   :(
If they ever do, I'll give it a try.

5 hours ago, irilight said:

@Yippeuni, I have not watched the American version, but I heard good things about it.

@larus, Thank you for the new teaser

Waves to @jadecloud panda wave smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anticipated dramas in the second half of 2016

Keeping relevant material only

TVN - Good Wife

Story: A successful prosecutor husband gets arrested for political scandals and corruptions. His wife, who quit her lawyer job after getting married, returns to her position in 13 years to feed the family. As a lawyer again, she finds her true identity.

Anticipations: Movie-like line-up. Remake of an American drama. TVN's court drama.

@irilight you should watch it if you have time, it's a very interesting story until season 5... the season 1 was very interesting, since it showed how she struggled a lot dealing with a job that she had to start from beginning, dealing with her husband trial and affairs at the same time...her children, it was a great introduction for me. 

But I hope JDY can bring another Alicia in this remake, since the Alicia in its original series is a very stern person and sometimes it's very hard to love her when she had to deal with her personal issues. 

I've been waiting for this drama.

Cr: as tagged/ Hancinema

CkorRmvUYAEdJ9H.jpg

And Yoon Kye Sang 16 sec teaser.... Pensive. Pondering.

Spoiler

But I miss the YKS of Triple.. that relax carefree guy. He aged here. But I guess it comes with the role. He also look same in LAST.

Tweet post credit to the owner

hi guys! may i join in your support for this wonderful drama of TvN.

It's an honor to watch Jeon Do Yeon in small screen with The Good Wife. Imagine her last one was 11 years ago.

I like the family and legal tone of the drama. Not very original story but still relevant and tugs in my heart as a woman who finds her self worth.

Intense teaser we've got. Nothing less than expected from Jeon Do yeon and the cast.

I barely watched a drama last 2015 but 2016 is total opposite because of the excellent pieces lined up ahead. 

On 6/3/2016 at 5:55 AM, jongski said:
 Yes! teaser update. Thanks so much  @larus :D

8th of July 8:30 pm TVN. The Good Wife.  I'll be watching.

Thanks for the videos teaser @larus  I agree with hoping the script is a good one so I'll be joining you again @jongski I have a thing for mystery and revenge dramas.. Let's just hope it's edgy and have us the viewers hanging on to the edge of our seats..

On 6/12/2016 at 8:55 AM, rori0711 said:

hi guys! may i join in your support for this wonderful drama of TvN.

It's an honor to watch Jeon Do Yeon in small screen with The Good Wife. Imagine her last one was 11 years ago.

I like the family and legal tone of the drama. Not very original story but still relevant and tugs in my heart as a woman who finds her self worth.

Intense teaser we've got. Nothing less than expected from Jeon Do yeon and the cast.

I barely watched a drama last 2015 but 2016 is total opposite because of the excellent pieces lined up ahead. 

Of course you more than welcome to join us @rori0711 We are happy to have you with us helps to give us others opinion on this drama so don't feel like a stranger just speak your mind it would be mainly adults watching this drama any ways because more mature minds appreciates these kinds of stories..

Ok guy's I never watch the good wife the american version which I believe I could appreciate this story more without having to compare the Korean version to the American version.. But looking forward to all your opinion and camparisons..

Jeon Do-yeon turns into legal shark for The Good Wife

by tineybeanie | June 14, 2016 | 15 Comments

GoodWife21.jpg

The Good Wife, tvN’s upcoming Friday-Saturday legal drama, marks Jeon Do-yeon’s (The Shameless) first comeback to the small screen in eleven years. She will be playing dutiful housewife Kim Hye-kyung who changes into a fierce career woman in this Korean remake of the acclaimed American TV show. The Good Wife also features actor Yoo Ji-tae (Healer) as her husband, rising star prosecutor Lee Tae-joon. When a sex scandal involving her politically ambitious husband becomes national news, his career plummets, and Hye-kyung is forced to make a living for herself amidst dealing with an unfaithful spouse.

However, the sex scandal might have been masking something darker underneath the surface. In the teaser, we get to see a snippet of the backstory and it’s possible that Lee Tae-joon’s fall from power may have been related to a greater conspiracy at work, since he says, “I will do anything to protect Hye-kyung.” Yoo Ji-tae’s expression shows layers of complexity and suggests a greater mystery.

Read more http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/06/jeon-do-yeon-turns-into-legal-shark-for-the-good-wife/

Posted on June 15, 2016 by ockoala

unim_1.jpg

Leave it to seasoned A-list Korean stars to make such an impact with such limited screen time as the Korean adaptation of The Good Wife reveals the first one-two punch with an official poster and teaser. Cable network tvN is straddling two audience pool extremes with it’s Mon-Tues versus Fri-Sat dramas, in the beginning of the week there is lighter fare as Another Oh Hae Young will be followed by Let’s Fight Ghost, while the end of the week turns serious and adult with the currently airing Dear My Friends which will transition to The Good Wife come late July.

Read more http://koalasplayground.com/2016/06/15/jeon-do-yeon-is-fierce-and-fabulous-in-drama-poster-and-teaser-for-tvns-the-good-wife/#more-75378

Thank you for updates, @jongski, @larus

Waves to @rori0711. So glad you are joining us.  little cutie says hello smiley

While we are getting excited for the drama, lets make sure it is licensed and subbed. Lets submit requests for

The Good Wife - 굿 와이프

1. DramaFever:   - Please submit title request form.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12O_ZOMCU4C-siqwMbv8WpbTnefMB2pBsXwWGw50WxgQ/viewform

2. Viki.
Viki has a potential channel.

https://www.viki.com/tv/31450c-the-good-wife

Please click on + sign to follow the channel, and submit title request form

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

On June 11, 2016 at 5:03 PM, irilight said:

Thank you for the recommendation, chingu. I hardly ever watch anything on my computer;  Only on Roku. (with very few exception of films or if I want to take screencaps)  I wish NF had the American version on streaming, but they don't.   :(
If they ever do, I'll give it a try.

It's on Hulu and Amazon Prime.

On 6/17/2016 at 11:46 AM, Ginaaaa said:

It's on Hulu and Amazon Prime.

Thank you, @Ginaaaa  :)

Everyone, we are coming close to air date, and so far - no news of license.   (DramaFever already said they will license Lets Fight Ghost which premiers on TvN July 11 - 3 days after The Good Wife...  :(

I'd like to suggest that we all combine our efforts and send multiple sub requests to both subbing companies. Also, if you know anyone who might be interested in this drama, please shoutout to them, to join us, and also submit sub requests.

Archived