[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花

sugarplum892

Just saw the new episodes raw and A-Li is literally the cutest!!! And know it has been said so many times but Mark Zhao is just killing it; he is showing Ye hua's sadness and desperation so well. Even without subs, I can understand every emotion he is going through. And of course A -li and Ye hua together are simply adorable x 100. Can't wait to watch him win her back!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, lianyi said:

Hehe... I almost thought that the drama did such a great job in portraying YH that nobody is going to bring this up.

To be fair, I completely skipped over all the YH/SS parts as soon as SS got to heaven. I want to be able to root for YH/SS and so I didn't want to watch it. The way it plays out in the drama in chronological order seemed harsher than the way they did it in the book because SS was just her past life that we saw in "flashbacks" for BQ so it didn't seem as "real"? I don't know if that makes sense. From the posts here, it does sound like they changed enough so that fans aren't that tough on YH but what can I say? I'm super judgmental lol and I like my heroes to walk to their own beat like DH so I'm never going to give YH a break for this arc, even if Mark is a good actor. I might've been able to swallow it better had SS been strong while YH was pulled in a hundred different directions but 2 weak characters in a story doesn't cut it for me.

5 hours ago, kimlary1234 said:

I am torn between wanting to continue this series or ditching it altogether as this drama doesn't do DH and FJ any justice. The casts are great, the characters are spot on, but I am afraid if I continue, I wouldn't be able to watch their own drama.

Well I'm going to continue because I actually do like the BQ/Ah Li part of the story. I still like Pillow more but this next part is strong enough to stand on its own. I've been complaining so much cause I hate hate the Susu part of the story and it would've been perfect to add in the humor of DH/FJ against all the constant gloomy YH/SS. Not gonna lie, I'm going to be forever bitter at how they cut down the "pet fox" story to 2 scenes. It was such a significant event because FJ's baby pet fox was the first thing DH had ever cared about in his millions of years of existence.

I haven't watched EP 27/28 yet but saw the previews and shallow note, Yang Mi looks way better in blue than white. The white dress washed her out. And Feng Jiu stands out more in bright red than pink too so at least for now yeah for better outfits!

• Like 3

@lizax1 Unfortunately, gotta suffer thru SS part to see her vengeance. 

Yes!! Why did they make the scene with FJ and DH (when she's a fox) sooooo soooo short.  What happened to him cooking that sour dish for her and she has to suffer thru it because she loves him?! I would love to see him cook that and she has to eat it. Even when he knows she's FJ! How hilarious would that be.  The writer totally missed this potential great opportunity. Also, she spent 400 years in his home, I guess that equates to 3-4 short scenes too.. I assume she will never get trap in that "thing" (dunno the words in english/chinese) and save him.  And the other princess who is also in love with Dijon...is she ever gonna pop up? Not the one who's already in heaven.  But the demon princess..

I like how this drama they give the characters different color clothing. Did anybody notice the author of the book keeps making the females wear white and the males wear black? Only DH gets the color purple...if the drama stuck with the book, how boring the costume colors will be. 

• Like 1

I am so looking forward to tomorrow episodes. Watched the trailers, so heart breaking when Yehua told Ah Li the flame of the lamp had gone out, so his mum isn't coming back, Ah Li cried, Yehua cried.....

Then, the fateful meeting that we are looking forward to between Yehua and Bai Qian! Yeah........I'm so excited that I can't sleep!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, insanity29 said:

Just saw the new episodes raw and A-Li is literally the cutest!!! And know it has been said so many times but Mark Zhao is just killing it; he is showing Ye hua's sadness and desperation so well. Even without subs, I can understand every emotion he is going through. And of course A -li and Ye hua together are simply adorable x 100. Can't wait to watch him win her back!

I couldn't agree more. I was literally watching the raw in the car on this 12 hours trip  (thank God there's wifi in the car) and as I said before, Mark's portrayal just makes me love love love Ye Hua so much more.

He's so opposite of Su Su in that his pain of losing her was great but he didn't accept the forgetful potion to forget the memories. No matter the pain, the sadness. He wants to cherish those memories of the only woman he ever loved.

And seeing him using the soul lantern in hope of bring Su Su back, his coldness and hate at Sujin (that stab is still so satisfying on Ye Hua end, cannot wait for Bai Qian to face off with Sujin), his sadness, desperation, and disbelief over the loss of his love just breaks my heart. It's so hard for him especially when that's the first and only woman he ever loved. He tries so hard in his power to protect her from those people but couldn't do so at all. Of all the people who hurt or plot against her, the one who action ended up hurting her most was him. Just imaging him in his state of loss, of longing for Su Su breaks my heart. 

On a side note, I do love those small moments of him and Little Dough together. Little Dough gives him the wills to continue on and keeping Su Su memories. It shows how much Little Dough understand how much his father loves his mother that he confess it to Bai Qian when they meet. And that no one can replace his mother. Little Dough is just so cute and Ye Hua is doting and loving him. From all the sadness, I am a little happy to see Ye Hua smile around Little Dough.

Can't wait for the family reunion.

• Like 9

Wow it's super irritating to watch the Heaven King tell Su Jin to go for Ye Hua now that Su Su's spirit flame thing is snuffed out. Isn't his son still engaged to Bai Qian? Doesn't he still need the alliance of the fox tribe? That dude is so contradictory. He was all raging when the Second Uncle broke it off now he's so blase about it. It's an insult to a High Goddess that her husband to be already has a concubine geez.

• Like 3

@valerie86 The 4th brother and Zhe Yan are lovers in the book. It is less clear in the drama but they have kept most of the interactions between the two (Zhe Yan is the only one who refers to 4th Brother searingly as Zhen Zhen) and they always appear together so I am inclined to think that they are lovers in the drama too! I am definitely rooting for this old phoenix and pretty fox pairing too :wub:

• Like 5

In one of the latest clip, DH was wearing the bell that belongs to FJ. I wonder how he got it? And it also looks like after the love trial, DH finally understands a little bit about love and how he feels about FJ. In the novel, he almost lost her several times. So I wondered if in he will lose her in the drama?

• Like 2

@lianyi i believe it's "implied" in the drama that Zhe Yan and 4th brother are a couple.  They said these two are friends that keep each other company. I believe in China they can't have homosexual relationships on TV. It's a taboo. That's why when BQ's 9th brother got captured by the demon king. The demon king can only force him to be his adopted son, but in the book he wanted him to be his bride.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, lianyi said:

@valerie86 The 4th brother and Zhe Yan are lovers in the book. It is less clear in the drama but they have kept most of the interactions between the two (Zhe Yan is the only one who refers to 4th Brother searingly as Zhen Zhen) and they always appear together so I am inclined to think that they are lovers in the drama too! I am definitely rooting for this old phoenix and pretty fox pairing too :wub:

thanks @lianyi

lol yeah I hear something about Zhe Yan teasing him about kiss. Wowee...in the novel I didn't  notice it (maybe I wasnt detailed enough lol lol)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lianyi said:

Thanks  for clarifying ^^

• Like 1

YH wanting to use his soul to light up the soul gathering lantern again was so unexpected but a really nice touch by the writers. It shows just how vulnerable and desperate YH has become over the 300 years. For him to even think of using his own soul as a sacrifice makes me feel like the thought of dying with SS never left his mind and he is only hanging on because there is some hope of reviving her. 

Yesterday has been a really bad day for YH with the lamp being put out and the loss of Ah Li. So I really hope he meets BQ today and it would be quite a treat for the viewers too since its Valentine's Day :wub:

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dominique Lola said:

Wow it's super irritating to watch the Heaven King tell Su Jin to go for Ye Hua now that Su Su's spirit flame thing is snuffed out. Isn't his son still engaged to Bai Qian? Doesn't he still need the alliance of the fox tribe? That dude is so contradictory. He was all raging when the Second Uncle broke it off now he's so blase about it. It's an insult to a High Goddess that her husband to be already has a concubine geez.

Ye Hua is still engaged to Bai Qian. And Su Jin is only allowed to be a concubine, not his main wife. That title of Crown Princess/future Heaven Queen is still Bai Qian's to take.  He was raging about his second son's marriage because his lover was a lowly snake spirit, not a god-tier immortal. Su Jin may not be a high-ranked immortal, but her class is acceptable (more so he feels indebted to her perished clan for their sacrifice in the great war). So on top of being a richard simmons, he is a discriminatory one at that too. 

But yes the Heaven King is one of the most hated characters in the show for his hypocrisy, and some of the things he does is totally unacceptable for a god (such as conspiring to have innocents such as Su Su killed) 

edit:  love how d0uche got corrected into richard simmons :lol: still new here as you can tell! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Purestupidity said:

I am so looking forward to tomorrow episodes. Watched the trailers, so heart breaking when Yehua told Ah Li the flame of the lamp had gone out, so his mum isn't coming back, Ah Li cried, Yehua cried.....

Then, the fateful meeting that we are looking forward to between Yehua and Bai Qian! Yeah........I'm so excited that I can't sleep!!!

Can share the video link? Thanks.