[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

7 hours ago, dani4lane said:

If y'all want to gush over PHS then please take it to his page in the actor's forum here at Soompi because this is not the place for it at all.  This is a place to discuss Hwarang and it characters . Understand!!!!!

Park Hyung Sik's thread still under construction. Would it be nice for us to be a little tolerable since we are all family. Probably our PHS' fans could just use a spoiler tag to comment and gush over him. I was a lurker in Moon Lovers:Scarlet Heart's thread and they seem to be quite fine that some fans just could not contain their excitement and gushed over a particular actor. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come master Woo reuk is nowhere to be seen in the hwarang house?

And why is Hwi Kyung Kong in An Ji Gong House? I thought he wants Sun Woo/Mo Myung to live quitely but he is oke with the queen wants SW/MM become SMJ shield?

Do you all think An Ji Gong already realize SW/MM identity or not?

Hopefully they will reveal it next week so the rest of the episode can focus on Hwarang and the King development becoming the greatest ruller of Silla 

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

Park Hyung Sik's thread still under construction. Would it be nice for us to be a little tolerable since we are all family. Probably our PHS' fans could just use a spoiler tag to comment and gush over him. I was a lurker in Moon Lovers:Scarlet Heart's thread and they seem to be quite fine that some fans just could not contain their excitement and gushed over a particular actor. 

There is no reason why anyone can't gush over him in this thread, there's no need to gush over him via spoilers. Just make sure if the conversation is about any outside things such as his group or other dramas it is put in spoilers.:D There is an thread already open for his upcoming drama.

34 minutes ago, evie7 said:

There is no reason why anyone can't gush over him in this thread, there's no need to gush over him via spoilers. Just make sure if the conversation is about any outside things such as his group or other dramas it is put in spoilers.:D There is an thread already open for his upcoming drama.

I know (how can one not gush over PHS, right? I blush whenever I typed his name) but seems like some people just not very pleased with the gushing. Spoiler could be a win-win solution for both :)

14 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Has this been shared?

Finally found this (without scenes from drama)! The long awaited full song : Park Hyungsik- 'I'll Be Here (여기 있을게 ).

OMG! The king, Ji Dwi Sam Maek Jong PHS can sing! What a lovely voice he has! I didn't know. Shame on me!

He is younger but i learned in WFKBJ thread that even if the actor if younger if he is handsome then calling him oppa is still alright and will apply the same to him. 

Sigh. PHS oppa is a hell of a hunk! Does he have a girlfriend. LOL. I shouldn't be asking this kind of info here, i'm sorry. :blush:

Edit:

I maybe very open in my admiration for the young king but i would like to insist that i also love dog bird. PSJ has his own irresistible charisma. These guys and the other hwarang members are all eye candy. :smile:

I'm so happy with ep 12! Finaaaally some plot development for the boys! Loving the bromance between the Parks. The boys gossiping was hilarious. Minho is such a ladykiller, haha. Loved the funny snippets of the side characters, ie Pa Oh and Pi Joo Ki. So happy to see Taetae's story unfold :D. Both Parks be looking good without the headband, hehe. 

Just finished Episode 12 with subs and I got to say, there were so many favorite scenes in this episode! The plotline is heating up and I am loving it. My question is, what is the answer that the evil elder got?!? Does he know that Moo Myung is not the King, or maybe he does believe MM is the King? :scream:  Whattt is his plan.....

It's funny how everyone thinks that Moo Myung is the King and all the Hwarang boys are whispering and glancing over at MM. Meanwhile, we have SMJ who is the actual King who is just calm, haha. 

But I'm 100% sure that Moo Myung knows that SMJ is the King. We saw him piece together all the puzzles and everything SMJ said to him. Now the question is how will SMJ respond to Moo Myung's question...I feel like Sam Maek Jong wants to tell MM the truth but at the same time he's holding back because MM wants to get revenge for Mak Moon's death. But honestly, even though Moo Myung wants to kill the King for Mak Moon's death, knowing that Sam Maek Jong is the King, I don't think he would do it. Their friendship and relationship has come this far and you got to admit, MM must like SMJ as well, right, right? Even if it's a little bit. I am hoping that in next weeks episode Moo Myung is told the truth and he won't be angry at SMJ for too long, because oh man.. I am loving their bromance :love: It's just too much for my heart :wub: I love their interactions with each other, especially the scene where SMJ was teasing him about poop, hahaha!! I'm enjoying their relationship development~~

Also I love Aro and Sam Maek Jong's short but sweet scene. I think it's adorable how SMJ is so open with her and shares his feelings with her. It's actually refreshing to see their relationship like this. I think now that Aro and Moo Myung ship has sailed, I'm enjoying Aro and SMJ interactions like this instead of SMJ following after her and doing his crazy but adorable stuff haha. I thought it was nice to see SMJ telling Aro how he feels about the whole King situation and Aro just listening. I love how their relationship developed this far; I feel like they both respect each other now and SMJ is more careful around her with his feelings. He still tells her that he appreciates and cares for her, and I like that SMJ is doing this approach.

Also Hansung and his brother really shined in this episode today as well. I though Hansung's scenes with Aro was so adorable haha, especially when Hansung was faking an injury but as soon as Aro brought the two needles, he was like I feel better now. Also I am really loving Hansung's brother as well. Just his attitude and personality is just really getting to me. Telling Hansung to snap out of it, standing up for himself against that one guy that broke the drums. I am really liking his character. It's sad to think that Hansung and his brother are put in a situation like that, Hansung being the "true bone", but feels incapable unlike his Hyung and thinks his brother should've been born in his place, and Hansung's brother being born as a half-bone. I'm excited to see how their story will continue to develop in the drama.

But yes Aro!! *big around of applause* I am so happy and glad that Aro stood up for herself when the Princess treated her like that and told her like it was! :D I have mix feelings about the princess though. Like I want to like her but her actions toward our main characters, I don't like it...especially with her trying to kill Aro and speaking that way to her.....but oh man, I feel like Moo Myung and the Princess is shippable though..

And why is the Queen trying to get closer to Soo Ho :scream: What does she want from him....!!! Soo Ho, you are falling for the wrong woman...and Ban Ryu... I am worried for him...The evil ahjussi trying to use him but I'm glad he sorta stood up for himself and questioned the ahjussi. I hope Ban Ryu will walk the right path..but I mean since Soo Yeon is here, maybe we have nothing to worry about? :D

I'm worried about An Ji Gong as well... It seems like he is really after the Queen and SMJ :persevere: I hope he doesn't do anything to hurt SMJ.....but I do understand his pain though. The Queen taking everything precious to him and he is unable to do anything about it, therefore he is trying to seize a chance to get revenge for it.... I guess Moo Myung and An Ji Gong are in similar situation because MM wants to get revenge against the King for "killing" Mak Moon and pretty much the same with An Ji Gong but the Queen as well. I'm just a bit worried about An Ji Gong for the later episodes.

Ahhh, but some of my favorite scenes in this episode:

1) Wi Hwa and Sam Maek Jong's conversation about his fake name, Ji dwi, then he confront and straight up tells him he is the King and bowed. (Loved it so much)

2) All of Sam Maek Jong and Moo Myung's scenes together :wub: From the sword practicing, to the scene in the hallway with SMJ teasing him, and even the ending scene. Seeing how SMJ is worried for Moo Myung :love:

3) Moo Myung's fight scene with the evil ahjussi's swordman. Oh man, that scene I was like "GO MOO MYUNG! SHOW HIM WHAT'S UP AND BEAT THIS GUY...!!! And then when he sliced the swordman's bun, I was like yess, Moo Myung!! Hehe, that scene was awesome and seeing all the Hwarang boys cheering for him~

4) And then the short scene between Aro and SMJ.

Super excited for the next episode because it seems like the Hwarang is going into battle :scream: I'm really curious how the story will continue on, especially with more people finding out SMJ is the King and the evil ahjussi's plot. Also isn't it about time we get more hints about Moo Myung's identity and birth secret??? I'm dying to know who he really is and who are these mysterious ahjussis appeaaring!!

1 hour ago, evie7 said:

Thank you for saying this :) I did rant about Park Hyung Sik a bit but I did put my post under a spoiler tag just in case~

49 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I know (how can one not gush over PHS, right? I blush whenever I typed his name) but seems like some people just not very pleased with the gushing. Spoiler could be a win-win solution for both :)

Haha yeah I know what you mean~ I put my rant about PHS under a spoiler tag and I'll try to refrain from talking about him so much ^_^

18 minutes ago, fluffychim1013 said:

I'm so happy with ep 12! Finaaaally some plot development for the boys! Loving the bromance between the Parks. The boys gossiping was hilarious. Minho is such a ladykiller, haha. Loved the funny snippets of the side characters, ie Pa Oh and Pi Joo Ki. So happy to see Taetae's story unfold :D. Both Parks be looking good without the headband, hehe. 

Yesss, I loved Episode 12 as well. And Minho was a scene stealer in this episode as well! I'm loving the side character's development as well. It's nice to see some focus on them :)

I marathoned this drama last week, and i don't expect to be hook (i don't really watch, saeguk) but now, i think i'm hooked... that i need people to talk to.. hahaha

Master Ji Dwi is giving me a second lead syndrome.... i hope Sun Woo will find out soon that it's not him who killed Mak Moon, its frustrating every time he thinks to harm Ji Dwi... Dude, that guy treating you as friend.. Looking forward for our Hwarangs to fight together against whoever trying to destroy Silla.

I like it that Chief found out that Ji Dwi is the king and Ji Dwi has someone who can rely on as he prepare himself to be the king.

I like Ji Dwi for Aro more than Sun Woo but i know it will not happen so i'll just be rooting for Ji Dwi and Sun Woo's bromance hahaha

26 minutes ago, notohaterfans said:

I marathoned this drama last week, and i don't expect to be hook (i don't really watch, saeguk) but now, i think i'm hooked... that i need people to talk to.. hahaha

Master Ji Dwi is giving me a second lead syndrome.... i hope Sun Woo will find out soon that it's not him who killed Mak Moon, its frustrating every time he thinks to harm Ji Dwi... Dude, that guy treating you as friend.. Looking forward for our Hwarangs to fight together against whoever trying to destroy Silla.

I like it that Chief found out that Ji Dwi is the king and Ji Dwi has someone who can rely on as he prepare himself to be the king.

I like Ji Dwi for Aro more than Sun Woo but i know it will not happen so i'll just be rooting for Ji Dwi and Sun Woo's bromance hahaha

This is one of the reasons as to why I do not come to this thread that much. The over the top gushing over Sam Maek jong gives me a headache. 

I am sorry but Sammaekjong irks my nerves. The first half of the drama all he did was whine to his mother about wanting the throne and now in the second half of the drama he is sitting around waxing poetically about how he prefers death than being the real King. He either needs to pull up his big boy drawers and be the King or he needs to step the hell out of the way. He also gives these warnings or speeches to his mother and sister which they pay no attention to because they know his richard simmons is not going to do a damn thing. 

I just finished watching episode 12. All the doubts in my head are gone now because the queen outed herself about her true feelings and intentions. She doesn't want to give up power even if for her own son who is the rightful owner of the seat she is currently occupying. I kind of pity MM because it took him a while to realize the true identity of JD. Well at least and i hope that on the next episode they will really continue from there because i am kind of impatient to know what will happen to their bromance.

On the preview it seems that another new character will enter the scene and frankly it's kind of hard now to keep up who's who. Well, it is really unavoidable given the number of characters in the drama to begin with. I hope that they will be able to resolve all issues properly on time. I just don't like it if they rush the ending.

1 hour ago, ferily said:

Haha yeah I know what you mean~ I put my rant about PHS under a spoiler tag and I'll try to refrain from talking about him so much ^_^

That was not rant my dear. We were gushing. How's that possible not to? No...don't refrain from talking about him. I love all your posts on him. Keep them coming but put them in spoiler tag. Thank you so much :wub:

24 minutes ago, dani4lane said:

I am sorry but Sammaekjong irks my nerves. The first half of the drama all he did was whine to his mother about wanting the throne and now in the second half of the drama he is sitting around waxing poetically about how he prefers death than being the real King. He either needs to pull up his big boy drawers and be the King or he needs to step the hell out of the way. He also gives these warnings or speeches to his mother and sister which they pay no attention to because they know his richard simmons is not going to do a damn thing. 

Please pardon him but he is a young man, who just revealed himself to the world, having been sent to exile, knowing that he is the king but not the one to actually rules. Despite his appearance, the boy is actually pretty naive. In the first half, he wanted to become King because he thought, that is his birth right. Then he entered Hwarang, mixed up with those boys and the people whom are not aware that he is the King and he began to have his eyes opened to a wider perspective. You could tell the difference when he explained on the Tao Te Ching's assignment and how he welcomed Sun Woo's point of view and trying to relate to his words, as how he explained to his mom later that night. As he grows inside the Hwarang's house, he also actually realized that it takes more than just his birth right to install himself on the throne. He does not have the support system yet and he is aware that he has much more to learn and to prepare himself for. He is conflicted and that is why he does not feel ready to become the King just yet. Rightfully, he was doing the right thing warning his mom and his sister and we all know he is still powerless but I believe, if being forced in a situation, he definitely could rise above the occasion even with the lack of support. I agree that the Mom and the sister could not care less of his warnings but I disagree that he would do nothing when the situation forced him to.

2 hours ago, shamelessmiss said:

OMG! The king, Ji Dwi Sam Maek Jong PHS can sing! What a lovely voice he has! I didn't know. Shame on me!

He is younger but i learned in WFKBJ thread that even if the actor if younger if he is handsome then calling him oppa is still alright and will apply the same to him. 

Sigh. PHS oppa is a hell of a hunk! Does he have a girlfriend. LOL. I shouldn't be asking this kind of info here, i'm sorry. :blush:

Lol. I am 35....if I called him Oppa.....he would be startled just like how Dan Se reacted to Pa Oh :D I never quite understand the Korean ways of giving honorific. Like UEE and Joo Won are of closer age yet she addressed him as Ahjusshi in Ojakgyo Brothers.

He has nice singing voice but I prefer his speaking voice more. His voice suitable for sageuk.

@lyserose : agree with you 100%.

His Journey to be a great king of shilla and how the hwarang formed to support and back him up is the most interesting plot that I want to see in this drama, second to it would be the loveline between banryu and suho's sister and how that will impact both of their family with their different political aspiration and affiliation.

And I agree with several comments above and also from the other posts from netizen that the romance between ahro and ji dwi and between sunwoo and the princess will be more interesting to watch.

Chemistry is something that can't be explained but felt when we see two people interact with each others, or even only to be in the same space with each other...and I see that undercurrent chemistry ready to be explored and exploded between that two couple.

Ahro and ji dwi...she 's not afraid of him, she cares for him and she is able to read him precisely on why he become the faceless king.
Do you guys watch the way he kiss her ? with tears in his eyes...it was the first time he let his guard down, not putting a front and being fragile in front of another human being. He desperately want to lean on someone, who understand him and accept him..and ahro has that ability.:wub:

sunwoo and the princess.. the princess like him since their first meeting, and sunwoo is not afraid of her status. There's chemistry when they stand in front of each other, when sunwoo give her a warning not to do any harm to ah ro.
And look at the preview ..the way the princess smiles so beautifully in front of sunwoo. It's the first time we see the princess smile that way and I love that it sunwoo who make her smiles that wide :wub:.

I want to see more of this two couples, ottokee...^_^

15 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

but she did go to comfort him by the start of the episode and she kept his identity a secret from his sister and even Sun Woo!! 

I rewatched the episode with the SUBS. Thank goodness. I love that little moment between them especially when Aro told him "I looked everywhere for you.... " That sure meant a lot to SMJ, coming from the woman he loves.

Anyway, I don't quite understand when he told Aro "I imagined this moment countless time, but it is not that big of a deal. Could it be, because you are here?" I don't get this statement nor do I understand what he was implying on.

4 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I rewatched the episode with the SUBS. Thank goodness. I love that little moment between them especially when Aro told him "I looked everywhere for you.... " That sure meant a lot to SMJ, coming from the woman he loves.

Anyway, I don't quite understand when he told Aro "I imagined this moment countless time, but it is not that big of a deal. Could it be, because you are here?" I don't get this statement nor do I understand what he was implying on.

I think it's about the moment that he get caught/suspected being the king among the hwarang boys.
It's a big risk for him to join hwarang because everybody come from known true bone family, he can't explained his family backround if someone/anyone decide to investigate and because of that he is easily exposed, but he joined them anyway.
He has been counting the days..when will this moment come, and here it is. Strangely, he is not afraid of being discovered (and potentially assasinated) because he is with the woman that he love.
He is not regreting joining hwarang at all, he find a girl he love and he also might find true friends who stay by his side :)

15 minutes ago, fionnoula said:

I think it's about the moment that he get caught/suspected being the king among the hwarang boys.
It's a big risk for him to join hwarang because everybody come from known true bone family, he can't explained his family backround if someone/anyone decide to investigate and because of that he is easily exposed, but he joined them anyway.
He has been counting the days..when will this moment come, and here it is. Strangely, he is not afraid of being discovered (and potentially assasinated) because he is with the woman that he love.
He is not regreting joining hwarang at all, he find a girl he love and he also might find true friends who stay by his side :)

Thank you so much for enlightening me on this.:)

I could not have been happier with your explanation. This is the exact reason why I suffer SLS and why SMJ is my favourite of all the Hwarang boys. His deep unconditional love for Aro is what making me rooting for him. I am not discounting on Sun Woo's love but I find SMJ's love is bigger and resonating more, at least to me.

Archived