Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

58 minutes ago, hmong_lubpaj said:

@MissBelle From my limited understanding of Korean, I think she did go to the states. 

On another note, I'm caught up with our thread finally! The screen shots and analysis are so good! Keep them coming! #TaektanicIsTheBestShip

Edited to add: the title on the kiss video that TVN uploaded is titled: "꿈같은 키스" As I understand it, it translates to "dream-like kiss" CMIIW. So basically....TVN is telling us it is a real kiss? :blush:

Yeah I thought that's what I heard but it just seemed so abrupt and random to send her off that I was going ???? Among actors (k-actors in particular) it's an understood thing for characters to be killed/sent abroad if their acting is bad. Which is another reason I was going ???? because I think the actress was doing fine. But then again, when the JB-MO love line started I was equally confused, so I guess it's fitting that it starts and ends with a big question mark.

19 minutes ago, JCgirl 001 said:

yeah I notice that too. Ive made myself like JH too so I wont be to sad if TK isnt the end game #lowerexpectations #teambothcauseitryanddontwnattobehurtlol

The JH/DS shippers arent all bad(Im sure there some bad eggs here too lol), some I like, but there are some that are aggressive which kind of scares me lol like Im worried to post stuff there on there forum as Im trying to be team both but ima a bit scared they might bite my head off or they might think Im trolling/snooping/spy lol But Im not! honestly!! I find in interesting seeing the other side, helps me put things into prospective and remain unbiased at times and see JH good qualities(and make me like him):) But the scary ones made me not look at that forum much anymore and its pretty hurtful reading negative comments regarding TK cause hes such a sweet heart and it hurts my heart so I try to avoid it :( lol

But in general I think people here a pretty nice!!! I think its because lots have lowered there expectations and are remaining humble/not expecting much if u know what i mean. Its a pretty good environment to be around so I like to camp out here pretty much lol. Everyone so supportive and kind, so lets keep it that way to the very end yeah? Lets not put JH down either as it would be pretty hurtful to read for some who are rooting for him. But we seem to be doing pretty alright in general!! At the end of the day cheer for ur bias but lets not become to scary about it haha

I know not all JH shippers are bad, there are bad seeds in every bunch, but every one I've come across have been very aggressive my-way-or-the-highway type that are extremely dismissive of SunTaek. I love everyone in this thread though. I've read every post here at least once if not twice or even three times for certain posts, so there's nothing to worry about us putting down JH, a bunch of us adore him just as much (myself included) I'm really actually worried for them if Taek is the husband since they're 500% sure that JH is the husband they'll be super crushed if they're otp doesn't become canon. But us, we're team low expectations, so I'm not so worried, we'll be prepared to some extent if JH is the hubby.

(I would've just tagged both of you, but I'm on mobile right now so it's easier to just quote your posts.)

• Like 12

1 hour ago, bubbles said:

Hi everyone! New poster here. :)Its been so long since I've post here in soompi but I couldn't resist today. I couldn't decide which thread to post this in but i choose this one since it seem the least hostile and I was going to talk more PBG♡.

I first want to say that I'm pretty natural about who Deoksun ends up with. I just want that girl to be with whoever she loves, she deserves that.

I've been a big fan of the reply series and with each one it seems to be more addicting. LOL. Sometimes I feel like the writer and pd made these series just to get the drama netizens riled up. 

Anyway, my point in posting this is to talk about the kiss scene. I've read many theories on this and I feel like I should add mine. Ha!

If you've watch the previous series, you'll notice that there are alot of similarities. I compare this kiss scene to Oppa and Najung's first real kiss, not the bite. Their kiss was in a fog like setting similar to Taekie's drug state. In that series,  after the kiss Najung was so shocked she cried because she couldn't believe that Oppa returns her feelings.

I feel that Deoksun who has been looking for love and disappointed by Junghwan is in a similar situation. The kiss is definitely real and because she has been hurt previously,  she is trying to act nonchalantly so that she is not disappointed again.  The morning after when Taekie asks her, one of the thing she points out is if he dreamed of her. Mind you, Taekie didn't tell her this, she asks firsts and when he responded that it was a crazy dream, she dropped the topic. This would be the third time she as been rejected, if you have been watching closely,  you'll notice that each time her feelings has been rejected she shows less and less of her feelings to the audience.  With Sunwoo, she was quit vocal with his reject  with Junghwan she was withdrawn and now with Taekie we can't even tell what she feels.

One last thing, PBG is such an amazing actor! The one thing I love about that kiss scene, right before he leans over to kiss her the camera pans out and you can see his tear sparkle! In the inner corner of his right eye but no tear rolled out! LOL. 

Ur theroy is pretty interesting I see where ur coming from for sure :) He has such expressive eyes no? lol Hes always been able to be just out of the world with his facial expressions and through the emotions of his eyes which I find both amazing and attractive in an actor :)

• Like 5

@baduknoob that is not a blue blanket. It is actually his sleeping mat... 

it will all make sense if he had curled up further down later while he slept, and DS had more space to scooge down beside him to watch him sleep. ( no, not creepy at AAALL here!! hahahaha)

So if she had tried to touch his hair, or his face, and he grabbed her hand...then she will have no choice but to lie down there in that position. * ^0^ * 

Should we be glad that Choi Taek is a gentleman even in his dreams??

er...

hmmmmm.......

• Like 17

What I really want to happen next: JH miss his chance with DS forever because of his dilly dallying. And whatever DS is feeling to TK in the 80s to stay in the 90s and make it stronger.

#stillteamlowexpectation #iwillsinkwiththisship #thereisalovetriangleha!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bubbles said:

If you've watch the previous series, you'll notice that there are alot of similarities. I compare this kiss scene to Oppa and Najung's first real kiss, not the bite. Their kiss was in a fog like setting similar to Taekie's drug state. In that series,  after the kiss Najung was so shocked she cried because she couldn't believe that Oppa returns her feelings.

OMG THAT IS SOOO TRUEE great observation!!

Kim Han Neul showed support for TK http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=3944677 

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, MissBelle said:

Yeah I thought that's what I heard but it just seemed so abrupt and random to send her off that I was going ???? Among actors (k-actors in particular) it's an understood thing for characters to be killed/sent abroad if their acting is bad. Which is another reason I was going ???? because I think the actress was doing fine. But then again, when the JB-MO love line started I was equally confused, so I guess it's fitting that it starts and ends with a big question mark.

I know not all JH shippers are bad, there are bad seeds in every bunch, but every one I've come across have been very aggressive my-way-or-the-highway type that are extremely dismissive of SunTaek. I love everyone in this thread though. I've read every post here at least once if not twice or even three times for certain posts, so there's nothing to worry about us putting down JH, a bunch of us adore him just as much (myself included)

(I would've just tagged both of you, but I'm on mobile right now so it's easier to just quote your posts.)

No worries!! I scrolled down and saw ur reply :)

oh thats good to hear!! it was pretty uncomfortable at times reading comments on the other forums of people putting down TK or people here. I guess I will be drawn to the place where most of the love can be felt haha Im pretty comfy here :) Totally!! I adore JH too!! I think all ships should have a chance that they can sail too!! and they shouldn't be dismissed!! TK/DS do have a chance as they wouldn't have drawn this out for so long if not.

• Like 4

EVERYONE 

potential foreshadowing in ep 15!!

DS tip toed quietly to get the coffee cups from TK's room and then placed the (PINK) blanket and pillow for TK

the emphasis on her walking on his blanket might be alluding to her staying in his room

ALSO anyone notice the amount of times TK head is on yellow pillow he is either talking about DS with SW or maybe dreaming of her....

well i thought the imagery of his head *lifting* from his thoughts of DS in his dream (pillow) to actually kissing her was maybe something to think about

• Like 19

Err... For future kiss reference, for health sake (back pain and what-nots), unless laying down on mattress, I suggest normal pose would do... Choi Taek 9-dan is all power and vitality at the moment... but you never know... And my head hurt trying to cover all side and angle.. 

Well.. Apart from bits and pieces that add fuel to our ship/submarine/hellicarrier…

Spoiler

This episode left me feeling most emotional and reeling… Especially when they are playing football care-freely… "Oh you at the height of youth… live the moment!!!" because by the end of this episode, it'll all become memory...

That I had to vent off on the piano, playing pieces of music from a video game I played long long time a go… for hours... About a bunch of young adventurers trying to take on the world… and seek answers to their questions… just like our Ssangmun-dong F5… like we once were…  

the "oftentimes… I don't understand the world..." puzzles and wonders...

the "all for one, and one for all!” attitude…   

and the melancholy of nostalgia… “A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory... a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream... I want to line the pieces up... yours and mine...”  

….for hours… until the dearly beloved called out, "Okay! I get it! No 'Life of Brian'!!!".… and switched off the telly…

*any tips on getting husband into Kdramas?*

Anyway, at this point, I've got the smugness of the "prove me wrong" variety… but yeah, I get it. Baduk Etiquette all the way... but please, let the goat bleat...

• Like 9

6 scene i forever abusing the repeat button in ep17

1. dream-like-yinyang-spidermanstyle kissing scene ughhh this is too beautiful for the first kiss everything execute beautifully from the eyes movement, the acting,the unspoken chemistry of Bogum&Hyeri everything is perfect-i think definitely will have flashback how they end up in that delicious position :P (well my guess she never go back but like usual when to check on him arranging his blanket and maybe end up watching him sleep and he grabbing her hand so she can't escape and end sleeping there/fake sleeping since he waking up XD)

2. the bridal scene - everything is about showing DS true feeling coming out from her hesitation to have him piggy back (come on just compare how she the one demanding DR to piggyback her not letting go there zero shyness/not even see him as a man at all and then how she act with TK if it the past she might do the same with TK as DR but not now:P)

DR truly the best wing man even he create embarrassing incident for himself but at least he still help Taek and got his mom to spent time with him as well XD (well DR-DS is my 2nd fave so im actually satisfied that DR still end one of her closest in the group, most bickering,having heart to heart talk,lot of skinship, and college buddy they totally have strong bond too)

Taek poker face while running is the best since everyone will focus on uri DS reaction,her voice,her eyes and her having flashback cannot sleep because of that)

and i love despite him having his heart broken at the moment but he will always put DS as main priority over anything else,not leaving her there,no hesitation to taek her and if we see how JH act after hiding his feeling and somehow stop being her friend when they alone and can't even lend a simple jacket or sit with her when she cry

3. the scene she wait him at night and just look at that smiling happy face she totally smitten with him&even following him to the room since she is not enough seeing him...she just want to see him and spent time with him and all this happen before important time jump

4. when the gang going to the college concert just look at how she stop and looking back at Taek coming and that giddy girly smile after looking at him :P 

5. No Eul undressing moment while listening to my fave 94 ost damn how does he turn from that shy boy to hot body bamf and really cool hairstyle so sudden seriously this man deserve lot more love...amazing voice and really good actor he so convincing as 17yo boy with 2 scary noona even with old face lol and then bam he transform into the hot collage dude

6. of course JH deserve some love even i hate his 94 hair but damn him walking looking so smoking hot in the air force uniform looking major hotties <3 i need more JH scene with his uniform please

well at least he get the kiss from Ra Miran XD

seem my guess him wishing Taek to be bad boy with perfect timing caught him smoking is right lol (kinda proud of myself getting it right without a subtitle XD) ..well for me he make that wish not in bad intention but just it will easier to hate Taek if he is a bad man so he can claim his love without feeling guilty..but well JH you have your chance but somehow it too late now though unless the writer save the miracle for you but need to make sense :P DS-JH theme totally transportation i really feel he the one gonna drive her to destination maybe ...well everything only my guess

#teamstilllowexpectationandsavetheconfidenceforlater #teamshowmorenoeulplease #teamshowmorejunghwaninuniform&hidehishairwiththehat #teambadukettiquette

• Like 14

Last weeks we wait for DS confirmation about her feeling?

Now we got the answer, on THE FIRST SCENE EP 17, AND A LOT CONFIRMATION WHILE TIME RUNNING. LIKE OUR DS WONDERING HER FEELING, TALK TO HERSELF. "AM I NOTHING TO HIM? YA MAYBE IM NOTHING"

SO ITS KINDA WEIRD FOR EP 18,. SHE ACCEPT JH AFTER HE CONFESS.

A LOT PEOPLE ASKING 

HOW DS FEELING TOWARD JH/TK???

THEY GIVE US ANSWER NOW ! AND THE ONE WHO DISAGREE SKIP DS FEELING.

SO WHAT DO YOU MEANT? Singing #justinbieber

@bunnyqueens17 i forget which ep, but i love how jungbong saying "enjoyyyyy" hahah

• Like 12

two thoughts:

1. earlier in the thread i mentioned how because of the way the triangle collapsed on NJ ( Main girl) in 1994 the writer would have to be ~very~ careful not repeat the same formula

my words quoted from the post:

She also did not have TK actively confessing to her to create an actual triangle that would make her look like a “cheater/two timer”. Therefore, I saw the need for the sisterly/motherly aspect of their relationship brought out each time because as soon as it was like seen as a girlfriend type role, JH shippers would start feeling resentment towards DS and saying she was leading JH on. Therefore, the sexual tension that JH shippers keep saying is missing from TK and DS can only really come after the secound lead has moved on or else you have the unpretty picture of a sad JH sitting on his bed while TK and DS are getting a little bit closer...yeah would not do well with shippers feelings for DS

^^

the above is a reason why the writer had to push for the dream-like effect of their kiss and the reaction of JH shippers proved my point. The only thing holding them back from fully attacking us ( and DS!!!!!) is that they think it is a pitiful dream on TK's part. 

2. if you see a lot of JH comments in DB or other spaces dont feel taeken back...while we are busy day dreaming/replaying/gushing/doing art in regards to all the ACTUAL scenes we got. they have nothing but an illusion and by verbalizing their hopes into physical words they are attempting to make their illusion reality...but sadly only the words of the writer has that power.

• Like 20

Further thoughts:

If I may paraphrase a Bible verse, Ep.17 was about "putting away childish things."

We saw multiple break-ups: Sun-Woo + Bora, Jung-Bong + Mi-Ok, etc.

- Bora dumped SunWoo because of her future ambition. And it wasn't just her personal ambition only. Look at how her mom send her the actual meaty body of the crabs, while feeding only the legs to her husband. This short visual tells you all you need to know - Bora carries her family's hopes and dreams on her shoulders. She knows this, so she can't let herself be distracted by romance. So she shuts it down coldly because it's the only way she knows that SunWoo will get the message, and the only way she can be sure that she won't be tempted back. And it's emotionally devastating to her.

But it clears the way for her to focus on her studies, and SunWoo can concentrate on his medical studies, too.

- Jung-Bong and Mi-Ok break up. It was not by their choice, but it became the kick in the pants Jung-Bong needed to finally get into college.

- I think in a way, Jung-Hwan "breaks up" in his heart, with both DS and Taek, before focusing on pursuing his dreams.

I think it's significant that we saw the parents talk about their unfulfilled hopes and dreams - to become an athlete, a singer, dancer, a scientist, etc. They've all given up on their dreams in some way, so that they can make a living and provide the best life they can for their kids.

Also significant is that their kids are fulfilling the dreams of others, too - Bora is fulfilling her parents' dream, too. Jung-Bong is fulfilling his mom's wish for him to attend college. SunWoo is fulfilling his mom's dream that he becomes a doctor. And Jung-Hwan in fulfilling Jung-Bong's dream by proxy, by becoming a fighter pilot. And they're all making sacrifices along the way.

--

Anyway, I think this is why our Duck-Sunny decides to pretend the kiss didn't happen. She's been a bit of a silly, fun-loving girl until now. But for several episodes, she's been having regrets about it, and trying to focus more. We've also seen that she had hidden depths and emotional intelligence. So I think this is why she, in a way, "breaks up" with Taek in her heart, and chooses to focus on her future.

And even though in the morning after, Taek appears to buy that it was just a dream, even relieved - we know he's not dumb. I'm sure he figures out what really happened and what DS really meant.

• Like 20

So at first, after I watched Ep.17, I was kind of worried again despite of all the beautiful DS - TK scenes. Can't even say why... I think DS being really a stewardess and all...

My husband said that before he thought that TK is the husband because it would be much more interesting to see the character development of him finally being like the husband in 2015. But after Ep.17 he said that he doesn't believe that TK is the husband because in the short scene, where TK is shown in 1994, he doesn't show that much difference in character.

But here I disagree.

1. DS has a great influence on him and most of his development since now has been caused by her. I assume for the 5 years that have passed now, he distanced himself from her and so she didn't have that much influence, therefore not much difference in character. But years of dating and marriage? You can imagine the impact that DS would have!

2. The wish of TK's father is also that TK becomes more outgoing, more expressive in his feelings, etc. and I don't think that this wish was just for being said and dismissed.

• Like 6

We still have the scene on rocking chair isn't showed.

I think that is an important scene to give the reason of why Taek and DS spent more than 5 years with nothing happens on their relationship.

Maybe it will be showed as a flashback. Like a promise, we need to grow up with their own purposes, then when they were young enough to awear their own feelings.

Like DS confused with her feelings but she can not admit that is love or friendship because she misunderstood many times.

With Taek, she invested more feelings on him, cared him further than anyone else so that she has to clarify her feelings carefully. She afraid, if she found that Taek doesn't like her as she think, at normal ways with JH and SW, she had a short period of time that didn't want to see or talk with them. But because Taek is important, she don't want negative feeling appears.

And with the bridal scene, I don't think she feeling strange when Teak offered piggyback although she agreed for DR to do so. Because she thought that Taek was not a strong man and she maybe heavy for him so can hurt his back.

All the think we saw, just to show how deep she cared to Taek. For 5 years, she still keep her care the same, but a little bit busy and as older she is, more careful she move.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, st4rdust said:

@baduknoob that is not a blue blanket. It is actually his sleeping mat... 

it will all make sense if he had curled up further down later while he slept, and DS had more space to scooge down beside him to watch him sleep. ( no, not creepy at AAALL here!! hahahaha)

So if she had tried to touch his hair, or his face, and he grabbed her hand...then she will have no choice but to lie down there in that position. * ^0^ * 

Should we be glad that Choi Taek is a gentleman even in his dreams??

er...

hmmmmm.......

That makes a bit more sense now!! :D kamsahamnida chingu

I really hope that they will somehow replay the actual scene if it is real!! 

Anyway, they're running ep 17 again now.. countdown to ep 18... !! *who's watching with me?*:blush:

• Like 6