Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Hi everyone! 

I've been lurking around this thread for a long time (also at the other thread and MT) but never got to sign up for an account until this episode. I'm pretty late but better late than never right? T_T

I also frequent NB alot and the lack of #teamtaek is saddening and I'm happy to find a thread that dedicates to them.  

Tbh, I've always thought that who you ship DS with is likely to be related to how you like someone you love to react to you. E.g. I'm the type of girl who prefers a guy who is quiet but knows the right time to say the right things, mature and sensible in his thinking. I also like a guy to be very focused in his career because it is very sexy to see someone who is very passionate about his job. Because of that, I'm more drawn towards Taek. He may be incapable of doing basic things but who doesn't have a weakness? Everyone is not perfect. 

People who like JH can prefer the opposite gender to be noble and does things for them in a subtle way. However, I'm not a person who likes a person who is not daring enough to confront his feelings even though he is very noble to give up a girl for the sake of friendship. 

I like how Taek gives up in the first place but continues to be DS' friend and companion instead of shunning her. He is still holding up the friendship of all five, but showing concern for her without stepping the boundaries. And yet, he is brave enough to confront his and her feelings when he is confident about it. 

Episode 18:

Even though I like Taek, I was really rooting for JH to confess so he won't have any regrets in the future. Also, he could confront DS feelings about him. But he didn't.

I like how this ship is so rocky but STURDY. It goes through so much hardship but still maintaining its stability. 

• Like 24

10 minutes ago, JCgirl 001 said:

guys theres still two episodes left... I have a feeling there going to do a complete 180 flip around and then JH is the husband... Sigh...stupid kdramas are so predictable.

no future husband didnt introduce himself as choi taek:(

If this happens, uri DK would be seen as an easy *falling in love* with any guy who likes her. So, I think it's a impossible scenario. Now, she is in love with Takkie. That's for sure. So writer-nim we need high doses of romance...pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

I don't know why we have to doubt ourselves now

- Husband smokes, until episode 18, only Taek does

- Left handed, same.

- Husband reappeared, slow movement and action like Taek.

- DS SAID "MY HUSBAND HATES INTERVIEWS". This was planted long ago by the writer, she, in the beginning already decided who'd be end game, don't trust any news of them saying otherwise. I know too well this team.

- The wrong timing was mentioned ever since ep 6-7, and when DS narrated about it back then, it focused on JH (I felt it meant something since then). It's not repeated again in this episode, proven by JH one step later than Taek. What makes me think this's not a plot device to make Jh husband is that he indeed missed his time, he didn't do anything when he had chance and only in 1994 that he realized it

- JH confessed to DS, at the presence of the others and she understands that he's sincered, but did she have any reaction? No. She only acknowledged it, she KNEW it all along but her expression was as if she's just happy he really used to like her. But her attention is not on JH nor his confession, it's ON THE DOOR because Taek was not there.

but thats the thing.. theres still 2 whole episode left and in a predictable kdrama fashion whats the chances of a flip happening at the last minute and JH happens? what are they going to do for 2 whole episodes anyway? its just to obvious its TK now that DS MIGHT RUN BACK TO JH in the end :( I wish they would stick with who there implying with TK being the husband. These fears will just not go away because its almost to good to be true and these dreams may be crushed in the end and then BAM!!! lo and behold!!!! JH was the hubby all along and then all the evidence used for TK being husband will miraculously be explained AWAY in favor of JH :/ SIGH..... FIGHTING EVERYONE!!!

• Like 7

Off my heart just broke for Junghwan...That bitter simile when he noticed Deok Sun's gaze to door waiting for Taek aghhh the feels flashbacks I think you're a bit sadist PD-NIM what kind of filming was that I literally screamed run forest runnn TT 

• Like 11

honestly how must a writer show you that its an end of a ship other then all the things shown today....like maybe because we were bashed so much for being stupid in the start that we OURSELVES cant believe that for the past 18 episodes TK and DS have been built up. did anyone notice the flashbacks of DS and JH were all from the early episodes....what does that say about the growth of their relationship

----

also i feel like TK parking skills/driving skills will be shown in flashback of him coming to ds 

• Like 14

8 minutes ago, JCgirl 001 said:

but thats the thing.. theres still 2 whole episode left and in a predictable kdrama fashion whats the chances of a flip happening at the last minute and JH happens? what are they going to do for 2 whole episodes anyway? its just to obvious its TK now that DS MIGHT RUN BACK TO JH in the end :( I wish they would stick with who there implying with TK being the husband. These fears will just not go away because its almost to good to be true and these dreams may be crushed in the end and then BAM!!! lo and behold!!!! JH was the hubby all along and then all the evidence used for TK being husband will miraculously be explained AWAY in favor of JH :/ SIGH..... FIGHTING EVERYONE!!!

I have nothing else to say but suggest you follow the flow of this drama. Reply is not an ordinary K-drama, the script itself is very long for each episode, writer-nim didn't spend her brain to build up, plant small things on Taek just for troll. In R94, and even in R97, everything was clear, we just trolled and fooled ourselves to believe in the other ending. I was team Chilbong so I understand this very much, during R94, I knew NJ's heart, it settled since ep 2, I just tried to believe that a good guy like CB might have good ending. Life is not fair like that.

All the clues aside, the most important thing like many of our awesome chingus here posted, is DS's feels. Other than some short moments when she was excited thinking JH liked her, did she have any unforgettable memories with him? No.

let's ignore the clues and redherrings. DS's reactions say it all, today, she keeps her eyes on the door everytime it opens when JH was confessing. If it's not because she was waiting for someone else and JH is not that important in her heart, I don't know what it means anymore

• Like 18

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

I REGRET NOTHING. I LOVE TAEK AND I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE. PS: WE ARE ALIVE.

giphy.gifTITANIC-06.jpg

144m4g_zpsmdelsz7k.jpg

"it's fate."

@hafunohane it's random but the color of their clothes are just often same,or sometimes the style.. I just saw from previous page someone post DS wearing pink while TK is white..please add them to your collage....hahahahaha ^____^

anyway thank you for creating this room!!!^_____^

• Like 11

1 minute ago, lyonesse said:

do you guys have the raw? i live stream it and i'm pretty sure i heard the future husband mention "choi taek". but i dont know, maybe i misheard it T_T

can i post the links? or is it breaking the soompi's rules? pls let me knw..i will re-edit this post if it was breaking the rules.

the raw vid, links under the spoiler tag XD

http://dramawaw.com/reply-1988-ep-18-eng-sub-broadcast-network-tvn.html 
  • Like 2

Dear Shin PD and writer Lee, this is all your fault for trolling too much.. I have huge trust issue now, even when all clues pointing to Taek but I'm still feeling insecure unless I see everything through my own two eyes *sigh* 

Having said that, I still love both of them.. for creating this wonderful and beautiful drama.

• Like 10