[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Finally managed to watch both international & korean versions, though incomplete or mistimed subs on additional scenes in the SBS versions, some had already listed the differences, but as a SoSoo shipper international viewers might have missed: 

when So was reminiscing and contemplating about his Soo (before BA dragged him to that party)

SBS : So was remembering his times with Soo watching the snow falls, running away on horseback, wandering around the cottage and Soo singing for the Princes 

One Asia : flashback scene was Soo singing for the Princes

:wub:

• Like 18

Hi. first post in this topic. I love this drama. first I watch it because of baekyun but fell in love with Kang Ha-neul. everyone shipping so-so couple but I am fan of Wook and Hae soo couple. I am looking for their ship thread. is there any, please share it to me. I dont know why ratings are so low because everyone is talking about this drama. there are so many people who dont live in Korea like me, watching it. people should understand that, this is not typical historical drama, its drama/comedy/supernatural in historical age.

thanks.

• Like 13

Two actresses who were offered the lead role in 'Moon Lovers'

30000544694_99_20160817142507.jpg

oj1.jpeg

oj2.jpeg

Daum Cafe: The original female lead candidates for Moon Lovers

-Park Bo Young is my ideal female lead

-IU, Hwang Jung Eum or Kang So Ra, no wonder IU was chosen

-Kim Tae Ri or Moon Chae Won would've been perfect

-IU suits the role best out of the three

-I cannot picture them as Hae Soo....

-IU is a better pick than either Kang So Ra or Hwang Jung Eum

-I was wishing they'd cast Kim So Hyun or Seo Hyun Jin

-Park Eun Bin suits the role, her acting is great ㅜㅜ And I can see her having a good chemistry with Lee Jun Ki

-Kim So Eun... She and Jun Ki looked great together in 'Scholar Who Walks the Night'

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/09/two-actresses-who-were-offered-lead.html

Looks like I have the same thought with them too, I can't picture Hae Soo other than IU. She is perfect for the role.

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

Actually I'm grateful to Wang's Yo for his malice. Without his manipulation, Hae Soo would not have been witnessing the humiliating situation in that Wang So has been put in front of his brothers and maybe she would not have never thought to cover his scar.

Agree ...... also HS has ascertain him that he's in love with the right person ... a woman who accepts his scar.  Now I need to see how Soo's heart move to So ... or a part of her heart already has him?  Although Soo's eyes are on Wook but from time to time it wander to So ... why?

• Like 11

Guest Tinkiebell
21 minutes ago, liltash85 said:

Hi all,

I want to give some opinion about the love triangle between WW-HS-WS. i do not know why some of us hate it that WS-HS love story was not develop fast and kinda being disturbed by WW-HS love story (some said it takes too much screentime). I do not watch the chinese vers but i read in wiki, RX first fell in love with the 8th prince and their relationship last for a while. RX only started to love the 4th prince later when she stayed as 4th prince consort. During that time only RX started to develop her feelings to the mysterious 4th prince (correct me if im wrong). So i think, its ok for the writer to show how WW-HS love story develop. Actually they just started the relationship as previously they are just 2 people hiding their feelings as there is lady MH. There must be some instances that will make HS-WS becomes closer and she started to see WS more and love him.

I am being neutral here as i love BOTH WW n WS. 

Hi @liltash85, I think those who have an issue with the amount of screen time WW-HS couple is getting don't take issue on letting WW-HS storyline develop properly, as per the novel, but more on whether or not the length of the drama will suffice in establishing and displaying the progression of the love story between WS-HS naturally and adequately. Because there are only 20 episodes, and we're 1/3 of it already, but judging from the preview for episode 8, it looks like the WookSoo ship is still going strong, so I think this is what some viewers are concerned about. :) 

8 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

Now I am more convinced the Youku version is the most detailed version compared to DF ,One TV Asia and SBS. This explains why the loyalty  and the views remain strong (800 Million Views as of now)

Despite the complains about the OST and all (by I-nets and K-nets) that were used in Youku version, the storytelling is more diverse.

Youku Cut Scene ( Not totally as "DELETED" but it didn't make it to the cut in OTVA and SBS) 

eaa...I thought this scene include in Onehd/international ver, because I assuming the one that hdfree<dot>com is from onehd.

i want to ask for confirmation EP 1,2 & 3 have re-edited ver, EP 4&5 same for both version (?). EP 6&7 is have multi(international&korean) versions ? or more?

• Like 5

6 hours ago, jetsu said:

'That look in your eyes...I hate it like crazy' To me So really hates his face and especially showing infront of Soo.  In Soo's eyes he can see his scar face which he have not seen in others because none dare or care to look straight at his face.   

This will bring So to love Soo more ... becos the only pair of eyes that opened to his face. 

I apologize but I am giggling here. I love IU as Hae Soo but I couldn't help thinking that the look she is giving him when So said he hates it like crazy is the wide eyed look people complain about. You can read almost anything into that look, pity, understanding, shock, or fear, it is a wide eyed stare, and the netizens hate it like crazy too :P Sorry if I offend any IU fans but I had to put it out there because we have different interpretaions of what her look is supposed to convey, unlike JG who does facial nuances so well that we all know what he is thinking and what he is feeling.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, wackeemarie said:

Finally managed to watch both international & korean versions, though incomplete or mistimed subs on additional scenes in the SBS versions, some had already listed the differences, but as a SoSoo shipper international viewers might have missed: 

when So was reminiscing and contemplating about his Soo (before BA dragged him to that party)

SBS : So was remembering his times with Soo watching the snow falls, running away on horseback, wandering around the cottage and Soo singing for the Princes 

One Asia : flashback scene was Soo singing for the Princes

:wub:

What do you mean? Which scene did I miss? :vicx:

@LyraYoo I did see that scene so that means I'm watching the youku version? I generally watch it online.. so why there are so many versions in the first place? :S

• Like 7

I really think I can't keep up with you guys..so many pages to read..I love it..but my duties in life needed me..so..I think I'm going lurking this thread for a while..forgive me chingudeul.. But I'll try to read and like all of your comments..and poor Ji Soo..hope he'll get better soon..

Thanx to @liddi and @fangurling123 who did the translation..jeongmal gumawo. 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, notintoyou said:

Thanks. Those were important cut scenes, explains why YH likes So but doesn't go after him (for now), she will be in seventh heaven later on when he goes after the throne. Then the scene with CP is minor but also explains why the ministers think he is not doing his duty as CP and wants him out.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I apologize but I am giggling here. I love IU as Hae Soo but I couldn't help thinking that the look she is giving him when So said he hates it like crazy is the wide eyed look people complain about. You can read almost anything into that look, pity, understanding, shock, or fear, it is a wide eyed stare, and the netizens hate it like crazy too :P Sorry if I offend any IU fans but I had to put it out there because we have different interpretaions of what her look is supposed to convey, unlike JG who does facial nuances so well that we all know what he is thinking and what he is feeling.

I'm not IU's fans ... this is the first time I see her in a drama and for someone like her age without much acting experience ... she is doing really well. I admired her for taking up HS's role ... it's a challenge especially facing bad criticism from the start.  

In that scene she is suppose to have her eyes wide open, so So can see her pupil clearly and giving his reactions.      

• Like 14

Guest Tinkiebell

I just read some comments on dramabeans and would love to share them here, because I think they're spot on, and I think, similar to @arabela's post, these comments kind of summarize the relationship difference between HS and these 2 men:

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-14%20at%2012.05.

4 hours ago, ahriev said:

Yes... He indeed want to protect Soo, he protects and wish this condition can stay like this (like frozen time). To maintain the condition he hide and avoid that's make chance. Like, he want to hold Soo's hand but when JiMong appear he release it... his choice to hide the scar too

But until when? Until when he can do that? He cannot always hide and avoid the condition

That's why I said my modern mind (or should I say me) that make me begin to hate him...  

Doesn't mean that what he did is wrong... 

I guess it comes down to preference as I am more "old school" so I love how wook takes it slow :) i guess to a lot of us It seems he's being cautious and too careful but to me it just seem he is sincere and he's aware of her and being around her is slowly changing him. 

i know that HS will eventually be with WS but I think one of the biggest reason I prefer WW-HS is due to how WW chooses to love and treat HS. Ah.. it's so interesting to see the different perspective and opinion of bot WS-HS shipper and WE-HS shipper. 

• Like 11