[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

you know there was a articles about how much IU lost weight and her acting is not good in this drama. I felt sorry for her. First for her weight lost, than the criticism..I think she is good but I can understand what they mean even though they are extreme again. she has very childish baby face with baby fats on her face and ıts hard to express right face gestures with a face that have less lines. thats why the actors and artist who have very distinct face lines taken as good actors bc you can see changing gestures better at bony faces...same at LJG...he can use his face acting better after he lost weight...

today first time I watched full trailer and noticed IU's weight losing process in there...she is so thin now but I feel her new look gonna bring new acting skills to her. ıt will give her more mature look and I know she will convince public bc she was really good at The Best Lee Soon Shin.

0yypLY.jpg

• Like 16

about the scene in the forest....

when Wangso saw Haesoo and realize that the enemy will used her we can see a split second that he tries to prevent that but its too late.. at first he distance himself but when he know that the enemy will not harm her he used reverse psychology where he show that he did't care about Haesoo he just want the name of person that order him.. IF he have to choose between the enemy and Haesoo even without Wang wook involvement he still going to choose Haesoo.. not because of love or anything its just because he a decent guy.. we can see that he save Haesoo even before knowing her.. 

all the thing aside when Wangso fall in love with Haesoo its just going to be a beautiful thing.. he so broken to the core but Haesoo still care for him.. that's why Haesoo is everything for him and his world.. to quoted LJG 'Haesoo is the first person that Wangso will care'.. this statement said it all from the moment he born he been through a lot and don't care about other people but she have his heart and soul.. she make him care about himself and his relationship with other..mend the broken relationship and broken heart.. can't wait to see the process of him healing through Haesoo.. 

Haesoo travel through time to meet her fated love....

Wangso will love her even after he dies....

and i'm just hoping to survived watching their love journey....

CqcnEo_VUAAPSAM.jpg:large

• Like 22

The ratings for the  director cut version :

TNMS Ratings:

Seoul: NR (Less than 6.1)

Nationwide : NR (Less than 5.8)

AGB Ratings :

seoul : rank 18 (6.1 %)

Nationwide :NR (Less than 5.6%)

i hope that 6.1 % who watched this drama yesterday will continue watching it beside 7 percent of the third episode last Tuesday so that the drama could get at least 10 %

• Like 14

http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/female-actresses-considered-ius-role-recent-drama/

Not sure if you guys have seen this but I found it rather interesting. I personally feel like IU honestly fits this role perfectly with her youthful appearance and cute charm. I believe the heroine is 16 so casting IU was definitely a great decision. 

People may argue that the other two actresses have better acting skills than IU and that the show would have done better if they were casted but I beg to differ. As I've said before I think IU's acting is good. In comparison to LJK and KHN she is still lacking but I think the beauty in that is we will see her improve throughout the series. I also feel appearance plays a huge role in whether the portrayal of a character is accurate and believable to the audience and I could not imagine either of the mentioned actresses as Hae Soo. This was definitely an interesting article.

These are just my thoughts and opinions :) 

What do you guys think?

• Like 19

16 minutes ago, skxz said:

What do you guys think?

yeah, they are both beautiful and great actresses, but the image definitely fits IU better than both of them.

i can't really see those actresses with current male actors.

those two still look young and beautiful, but with other male actors, i have feeling that they will look like grown up woman with not yet grown up boys. those actresses with LJK and KHN might be ok, but other male actors might really look like young boys, especially 10th prince Eun will look like kid in love with older noona. 

• Like 17

@louisawatson

Yes I totally agree with you! Yes the other two actresses are definitely beautiful and youthful but I can't really imagine them being child-like. They're both amazing actresses as well hope to see them in new dramas in the near future. 

Thanks for your response! 

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, skxz said:

@louisawatson

Yes I totally agree with you! Yes the other two actresses are definitely beautiful and youthful but I can't really imagine them being child-like. They're both amazing actresses as well hope to see them in new dramas in the near future. 

@skxz @louisawatson Am in total agreement. Neither actress would have suited this role. Regardless of their talents, I don't think either could convincingly play the role of a 16 year old. I have a feeling both actresses would have agreed with that assessment. The production's choice was the right choice. :)

• Like 14

@Berou I am sorry but have point out the image you posted was when he was young and fighting off wolves, note the hairstyle is different.

@briseis Thanks for all the awesome insights. But with regards to the comment of her running off to the forest, I agree that she probably didnt see the assassins but she should have see that So was running with a sword like a wild man and that should have been a big notice of "Stay away", even if she didnt see it that way after 2 mins of being in the forest at night, as a lost time traveller she should also have tried to retrack her path back to the streets. 

But I am not complaining because that lead to a dramatic showdown of the ep, and if the writer has no way of leading her to the dark forest, I will take it as it is. 

@louisawatson @skxz Yes Louisa, fully agree with what you said. And I also find the discussion on the casting abit late at this point, because we are already 3 eps in. To be objective I have my own doubts of lee joon gi in this role in the beginning because I watched the c version. But after I found out that Both Lee joon gi and Nicky Wu share the same sun sign as Aries, I take comfort that they may be more similar than what I think from the surface.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, louisawatson said:

yeah, they are both beautiful and great actresses, but the image definitely fits IU better than both of them.

i can't really see those actresses with current male actors.

those two still look young and beautiful, but with other male actors, i have feeling that they will look like grown up woman with not yet grown up boys. those actresses with LJK and KHN might be ok, but other male actors might really look like young boys, especially 10th prince Eun will look like kid in love with older noona. 

7 minutes ago, skxz said:

@louisawatson

totally agree..they are amazing. especially every HJE drama brings high ratings but there is a reason for director to chose IU.

ıf we will see long term storyline (ıt possible bc until 4th prince, 2 other brother will take crown and original novel is about very long time break) ıts best choice to use IU. maybe her weight lost is for this..bc she needed to portrait a girl who is growing-up and 16 is generally taken as age of beginning of puberty. and she will growing up in this term. other actresses can't portrait it like her. 

• Like 13

guys maybe you remember I said maybe they would finish the drama with HaeSoo returning back to modern era and suddenly meeting with Wong So (or someone who resembles him)...

I read the end of the original Novel and guess what is happening? (this is spoiler!! don't read ıf you don't want to know)

at last scene she is seeing someone who looks like 4th prince, he pass by and her tears starts to fall..:blink: the end.

like I guess they will finish it like Rooftop Prince... maybe he is not seeing her but we know korean version will give this message to us. WS and SH will be together at modern era too bc they are fated.

• Like 10

@irilight with regards to the look of the show, I actually watched it on TV and its beautiful. It cannot be true that it doesnt look good on Korean TV, being the advance techie country they are, their TV are mostly high definition and the show should look good! :D

----------------

I find it interesting that Joongi posted a pix to say Always Smile. A clear message to all to keep the spirits up. I am not sure if he realise he is wearing a t-shirt with the word - Analysis.:D I am so happy that he knows some English!

actorig.jpg

• Like 16

@skxz @louisawatson @meahri_1 Total agreement. I also think that IU... with her not quite perfected acting skills... brings an element of vulnerability and freshness that I think the director wanted. I think he wanted the lead to seem slightly unsophisticated .. she's always just slightly off.....whether in who to trust in the 21st century or what's going on in Goryeo..... 

• Like 16

11 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

im quoting this as bookmark. if we did not get this scene i will ask you the fanfic..ekekekeke =)))

Haha. Call! ^^

10 hours ago, peny said:

Oh. I heard the name of this ship from knets is SoHae. Will we use the same name or we already have another name for wangso and haesoo ship?

SoHae? That doesn't really follow the standard way couple names are created, but then... our Wang So and Hae Soo is anything but standard! I like it!!

But since so many people seem to like SoSoo (which I personally don't since it reminds me of another couple name, but I can't recall which one), maybe we can do a variation of it? Like So2 Couple? (I like that the S and the 2 almost looks like a heart... with a full moon in the middle. Hehe)

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

The moment when you realize that 14th prince is doomed

is that the scene where his mother see So slapping 14th prince Jung?

i seriously want a scene where Yo later founds this out and gets so angry that despite Jung trying to stop him, Yo slaps So telling So never to touch his younger brother again, where there happened to be all other princes. and Jung just helplessly look at his older brothers in horror. then So would weakly response that he's also Yo's younger brother. 

i really want a backstory flashback where younger Yo and So in a happy brotherly relationship before their mother hurt So.

• Like 9

actually I cant believe the villiany couple got a name first - YoYo whereas our otp and sub otp hasnt got a name. :D:D

but I like it, it means things are still fluid. Its really an interesting show, I will like to see how SoSoo fall in love.

actually I just got inspired by K2, maybe SoSoo should just be So2 ? lol

• Like 14