[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

I saw this in JGFamily Facebook. Not sure how I feel about sequel. But if you guys really interested to have a sequel, please sign the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/for-everybody-who-enjoy-moon-lovers-sign-the-petition-for-a-second-season-moon-lovers?recruiter=618720113&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=whatsapp

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Akiddo said:

Ep 19 - 20: Farewell to my eternal love

Ep 17-18 sped up the sequence of events in the original novel and C-BBJX. We have 2 more episodes to bring this epic love story to a close.

Reveal hidden contents

In BBJX, the eagle incident happened during Kangxi's reign. That incident ended 8th Prince's lifelong struggle to be the crown prince/emperor. The attention shifted to 14th prince to take over the throne as he became powerful as a grand general and was the favoured sonwith strong family backing from his maternal side. When 4th prince took over the throne by force - the 8th prince gang was up in arms to fight but were helpless against a very prepared 4th Prince who had Longkodo and Nian Gengyao. 14th prince was faraway from the palace in a battle. Ruoxi was also the first to kneel and greet 4th prince as emperor at the death bed of Kangxi. RX's guilt was extremely deep rooted as Kangxi was a father like figure to her and she knew 4th Prince didn't get the throne through an honourable way. But she knew history was at stake and went along with it. 

Hence the 8th Prince punishment to kneel in front of a temple over some incident. Ruoxi prayed on her kneels, followed by standing for the whole night in her room to protest against the punishment. He was eventually released from his punishment but this was the beginning of the rift between 4th Prince and Ruoxi, 13th prince warned Ruoxi to let go of all matters related to 8th Prince to keep him safe but she couldn't due to her compassion to all the princes, not just because of her past relationship with 8th. Things just spiralled downwards from there. 8th Prince's story arch was really sad and I for one felt that 4th prince went overboard by getting him to divorce his wife - causing her to commit suicide. The misunderstanding between RX and 4th prince went deeper and deeper to the point where they had to part. 

In the ep 19 preview, the sequence of events is jumbled in my opinion. My version for Ep 19-20 is as follows. Parts of Baek Ah and Woo Hee are not included as my concern is only So-Soo. Points 11-25 could be vastly different from the drama. I just need to get these thoughts out of my system. 

Spoiler

1. GJ plots to get rid of Wook - with the help of YH and Won. 

2. Wook is condemned to death for attempted treason. 

3. Soo steps in to beg for Wook's life - possible that Wook's mother asked her for help and tells her the sequence of Wook's progression into the dark side. Given her personality, she risks her life to help Wook one last time - out of guilt, out of her loyalty to her late cousin, out of whatever residual feeling she has left for 8th. She succeeds in getting his life saved but causes a permanent rift in her relationship with So. 

4. Wook reflects on the sequence of events and figures out that his sister has betrayed him for GJ. By then, Jung will have gotten wind of Soo's decision to leave with him. 

5. So gets the late King's edict to betroth Soo to Jung. He refuses to acknowledge the edict. Jung shows the hairpin as proof of Soo's decision. The sight of his token of love to Soo hurts GJ deeply. Baek Ah realises the significance of Soo's request and is devastated. 

6. Wook loses all hope in his life and family. He confronts GJ for a final show down - tells him the truth about the poisoning incident, YH's involvement and why he couldn't save Soo. He pulls everyone into the blackhole with him - if he has to suffer, GJ and YH will have to suffer along. Soo becomes the collateral damage in this confrontation.

7. GJ is devastated by Wook's confession and links her determination to save Wook as a sign of her love for Wook. He confronts Soo and she admits to her past relationship with Wook. GJ tells her that he doesn't want to see her anymore and she has the permission to leave the palace. 

8. Soo leaves the palace and Songgak for good. Before she steps out of the gilded cage, she looks back with tears in her eyes and memories of the past flashing before her. Soo knows she will never see the palace again. 

9. GJ looks from afar with tears streaming down his face. Memories of happier times flashing before him. WS is inconsolable but GJ soldiers on. He fulfils his promise to YH to give her an heir. 

10. Time skip. Soo starts life anew with Jung in exile. A celebration of marriage is prohibited between them but Jung is happy to have Soo by his side and tries his best to make her happy. Soo misses So deeply and continues her writing every day. 

11. GJ continues to consolidate his empire. He has spies in Jung's household. Jung is aware of it. GJ gets reports on Soo and Jung regularly. 

12. Jung creates an illusion of intimacy between him and Soo for the spies to report back to GJ, mainly to rile GJ. GJ is devastated that Soo has finally moved on from him and orders that reports on Jung's household must not be presented to him from here on. 

13. In the mean time, Soo's health continues to deteriorate. She knows her end is near. Asks Jung to help her to deliver a letter to GJ. She hopes to see him one last time. 

14. Jung accedes her request. Notices her handwriting is too similar to GJ's. He puts her letter in another envelope with his handwriting on the envelope. 

15. Letter reaches GJ. GJ doesn't read it. 

16. Soo dolls herself up the best that she can. Deteriorates rapidly.

17. GJ dreams of Soo. His right arm where he was once wounded aches terribly. 

18. Soo gives up hope that So will come to her. She asks Jung to cremate her right away after she dies and throw her ashes into the ocean/lake on a windy day. She wants to forget all of them. She asks him to let go of the past and live on fruitfully. Soo doesn't leave any last words for her beloved. She dies in Jung's arms. Soo finally leaves Goryeo behind. We see a solar eclipse transporting Soo back to modern time the moment she passes on. 

19. Jimong sees the solar eclipse and sighs for the loss of his kindred spirit Soo. He knows she is gone. 

20. Words finally reach GJ and Baek Ah that Soo has passed away. He is shocked beyond words. He scrambles for the unread letter. He finds it and opens it with trembling hands. He sees Soo's handwriting for the first time. Reads the letter while the audience weeps with him. All inconsolable. Ambulance and medics should be on standby at LJG's fan meeting. 

21. GJ and Baek Ah arrive at Jung's residence. Fight ensues. Baek Ah stops them, asks them to let Soo leave in peace after being sandwiched between all the brothers for the past 10 years. 

22. So enters Soo's room to find her belongings - the hairpin, the arrow, stacks of her writing...So breaks down once again. He knows she left with him etched in her heart. There was no room for anyone else. He was her eternal love, just like she is to him. She is completely his person, always and forever. Need more back up on ambulance and medics - many are suffering from excessive sobbing and heart aches.  

23. So takes her ashes back to Songgak. Jimong tries to explain to GJ about Soo/Ha Jin - offends GJ and is banished. So and Baek Ah throws her ashes into the ocean or Dongji lake as per her wishes. GJ mulls on Soo's odd ways and concludes that he will find her one way or the other. 

24. GJ lives for another 20+ years, misses Soo everyday. GJ tries to leave clues for the future Soo/Ha Jin. Dies on a solar eclipse in 975. 

25. Time skip 1000 years to modern day Seoul. Your guess is as good as mine. Let's hope for a good ending with all the loose ends tied up nicely. 

Will we all be alright on Tuesday night? I am going to ask my hubby and kids to stay out of my way from 9pm. 

Just reading your thoughts and theories, makes my heart beat sooo fast and aching.

Isn't it the saddest epic love story ever???!!!

Gosh, i need a therapy after MLSHR is finished.

• Like 12

Hi Chingu! I don't know if this was posted already but kindly sign up for this petition. It will greatly help our plea for SBS to make another season. :tears: Let's show how the international fans truly support the show. I am also requesting the moderators to include it in the front page so that the others can notice it too. Please! please! Let's show the cast our love and support. Sign and spread it now! :D

• Like 7

Does anyone notice that the different kings actually wore different colors of robes? Like for Taejo, he wore mostly the white robe.. Mu was wearing the red one when he tried to marry his daughter off to So, his robe at the Damiwon bath also had red linings... While Yo wore the traditional yellow ones, and So's king robes are almost all black or those with darker shades..

Could the different colors be used to symbolize their sanity level? Taejo was the most sane as compared to the rest of his sons while on the throne, hence he wore purely white, signifying that his mind wasn't corrupted from the other colors.. Since red is a deeper color than yellow, Mu also had more of a serious case of hallucination than Yo.. With the exception of imagining the ghosts of his brothers and father in his room.. Yo seemed to be OK most of the time. He was pretending to be crazy in the temple and using So to ward off Queen Dowager Yoo from making him pass down his throne to Jung. Then.. does that mean So will the one who loses his mind the most? Since black is the deepest color. I wonder if the colors could also signify how drastic their behavioural changes will be after ascending the throne..

• Like 12

19 hours ago, runitaaa said:

I'll be getting married in less than 2 month! But for the last 2 months, scarlet heart become my first priority!! I care more about what will happen to Wang So and Hae Soo rather than what colour the flower will be or what type of cake I want for my wedding cake. I am that obsessed!! For you who already getting through all this, preparing your wedding is really a stressful process, and I thought watching scarlet heart will distract me a little from all of these things but BOY HOW I WAS TOTALLY WRONG! I become even depressed while watching this drama and all wedding preparation become my second priority in addition with work life, etc. So yes, I really want this drama to end so that I can get my priorities right again

Omg!! chingu u have to fully concentrate on ur Wedding..dramas may come and go..but Wedding comes once in a lifetime..Don't worry SoSoo will def have a happy ending..i am damn sure about it..

and Congratulations for ur wedding..

• Like 14

19 hours ago, whyo said:

Same here... I watch SHR with both of my parents (my dad always stanby to S-One channel when airing time near). My mom can't accept last episode. She said "How can all of them become miserable? Wook is not happy, Jung is not happy, now even Soo and So also not happy" and her eyes teary.

I feel so sorry for her, she didn't know that this is melodrama. I comfort her and said "Actually mom, this is the genre of the drama, the sad one. So there is possibility that this will end with sad ending."

And today.. out of the blue she said  "Pyeha is too pitiful" and her eyes teary again 

Ugh.... I'm so sorry mom :( 

omg i love how your dad watches scarlet heart. I don't know anyone's dad that watches korean dramas. What are his thoughts and who's his favorite character?

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

@ChewyChocolate - PLOT TWIST - Mask Date

GJ (Jung in Disguise) : Soo! You look so pretty in that mask! Shall we go for our lantern date?

(Minutes later)

Jung: We're alone now. Let me take off your mask

Wook: Sur surprise? OMGGGG  Jung?

Jung: SURPRISEE!!!

Wook: Why are you wearing GJ robe?

Jung: I love what you did to ..your hair (touches Wook hair). Never knew you had such long silky hair beneath that bun.

Wook : Stop touching me where is GJ (slapping Jung roaming hand).

Jung: I saw you sneaking into Soo room. I knew what you were up to. I decided this is my chance to let you know my feeling. Your e..ears..  you stole these dangly earrings from YH?

Wook: Stop touching me, where’s your side burn.

Jung: Shaved it off,  I keep seeing the palace maids giving me the look. I hate people making fun of my sideburn. I thought it make me look much more manly, I was wrong it seem.

Wook : What happen to your eyes? When did you hurt yourself?

Jung : This? Ah don’t worry Soo taught me. This is fake. It make me look manly huh? That scar is the reason you fall for GJ.. I knew it!!

Wook : Stop! this is crazy!! Where is GJ (try to run)

Jung : Can’t you see I am much better than GJ

Wook: Stop, please

Jung : Why Wook? Why him?

Wook: OMG no, don’t touch me, stop

Jung : Is it because he can dance? I can too (start moonwalking)

Wook : You are crazy, I'm getting out of here!

Jung : Wook don’t leave, chaebal

Jung : Wookie, Is it the scar…. I can make it real

ROFL...

@ChewyChocolate can u write something with YH in it..i am so damn pissed off abt her..i need some relaxation..

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, minhyuklikeyeah said:

omg i love how your dad watches scarlet heart. I don't know anyone's dad that watches korean dramas. What are his thoughts and who's his favorite character?

my father do like watch china and usually traditional drama... i think i should introduce to him scarlet heart china version ;)

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

@ChewyChocolate - PLOT TWIST - Mask Date

Spoiler

GJ (Jung in Disguise) : Soo! You look so pretty in that mask! Shall we go for our lantern date?

(Minutes later)

Jung: We're alone now. Let me take off your mask

Wook: Sur surprise? OMGGGG  Jung?

Jung: SURPRISEE!!!

Wook: Why are you wearing GJ robe?

Jung: I love what you did to ..your hair (touches Wook hair). Never knew you had such long silky hair beneath that bun.

Wook : Stop touching me where is GJ (slapping Jung roaming hand).

Jung: I saw you sneaking into Soo room. I knew what you were up to. I decided this is my chance to let you know my feeling. Your e..ears..  you stole these dangly earrings from YH?

Wook: Stop touching me, where’s your side burn.

Jung: Shaved it off,  I keep seeing the palace maids giving me the look. I hate people making fun of my sideburn. I thought it make me look much more manly, I was wrong it seem.

Wook : What happen to your eyes? When did you hurt yourself?

Jung : This? Ah don’t worry Soo taught me. This is fake. It make me look manly huh? That scar is the reason you fall for GJ.. I knew it!!

Wook : Stop! this is crazy!! Where is GJ (try to run)

Jung : Can’t you see I am much better than GJ

Wook: Stop, please

Jung : Why Wook? Why him?

Wook: OMG no, don’t touch me, stop

Jung : Is it because he can dance? I can too (start moonwalking)

Wook : You are crazy, I'm getting out of here!

Jung : Wook don’t leave, chaebal

Jung : Wookie, Is it the scar…. I can make it real

ROTFLOL....

Please continue. I'm awaiting next episode.

• Like 8

@Bambiina Thank you for reading and for your compliments. Stalk away, chingu.

But just a disclaimer:

I am not responsible for any effect on your sanity & psyche, resultant from my posts.

Just according to the feedback I've received from friends & family, my LJG-related posts have been known to shave off a couple of IQ points per post. There are also reports of over-worked & exploding ovaries as well, but I don't think my posts can be blamed for that, because that guy has been devastating the female population since 2005.

And my MLSHR posts are also said to induce bouts of depression and fits of rage.

So proceed with caution. victory-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

46 minutes ago, fificybergal said:

@zi4r I love your feminist post.

but I still hate YH. unapologetically. hate hate her.

actually, i like this hidden part the best.

especially woohee part. i know its not supposed to be a funny post. but your sense of humor shows.

your posts make me think. and I really don't want to think. cuz thinking about MLSHR hurts.:tears:

can you please write more funny posts? like your gwangjong one. that was so funny!

Oh I'm so sorry, chingu. I agree with you..... Thinking about MLSHR hurts. And worse, I can't stop thinking about it! It keeps battering my heart and my brain until all the frustration just spills out onto this thread. desperate1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928 I've been kinda using this thread as therapy. Sorry you all have to deal with it. 

About Yeon-hwa. Yes, that's exactly the point I'm trying to make. No matter how justified YH's actions are (in a logical sense), we are given no choice but to hate her.

About the funny posts..... erm... I'll try, dear. I don't really have much control over what my brain decides to produce. My writing kinda controls me, not the other way around. I'm generally not good at writing funny posts, actually. The so-called sense of humour in my long/ranty/serious posts are really just how my frustration expresses itself through sarcasm. I guess, I'm probably funniest when I'm angry or frustrated, because I become more and more creative in my insults. uhuhuh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286252

• Like 24