[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

3 hours ago, junejungki said:

I am taking a half day leave today from work because I feel dizzy and things around me keep spinning. All because of MLSHR. My husband called when I reach home. He said, after this no more sad or heart breaking K drama for you. You need to rest. This is all because of Hae Soo. I dont know what to say or react. Maybe he was right. It all started with HS.

From today until Monday, I will entertain myself reading humour post in this thread and watch cats/dogs video. No more K drama until I am completely heal.

@junejungki you are not alone. I can't focus in my works, my brain keep thinking of MLSH. After reading @Akkido 's prediction, I feel pain in my heart. I know the plot of MLSH would be similar to c version BBJX, but I still can't accept it.  Hoping the writer will change the ending.I want happy ending..

My friends keep inviting to watch W2 but I said no, I was exhausted because of MLSH,..I tell myself no more K drama after MLSH, I need to get back to my normal life. 

• Like 17

20 minutes ago, tinniet said:

I visited Lake Onuma and Lake Toya today (anyone here from Hokkaido?:wub:) and I really enjoyed the sense of freedom seeing such a beautiful scenery all by myself. 

Suddenly I thought how nice it would be for So and Soo to have this kind of freedom. Only few seconds later it hit me that they never even existed.

I think I need help.

Hahahahaha. :lol:

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, tinniet said:

I visited Lake Onuma and Lake Toya today (anyone here from Hokkaido?:wub:) and I really enjoyed the sense of freedom seeing such a beautiful scenery all by myself. 

Suddenly I thought how nice it would be for So and Soo to have this kind of freedom. Only few seconds later it hit me that they never even existed.

I think I need help.

I was in Lake Toya and Onuma early this year. I am not Japanese, I am Malaysian. But since you mentioned it, the place really really beautiful. It give me sense of freedom and calm.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Adnana said:

No noble idiocy in E18. At least, not in the first half.

@briseis I disagree. If E18 did one thing right, is build up to the inevitability of Wang So having to give in to the clans' pressure in order to protect his as-yet very tenuous hold on the throne. Hae Soo's decision to reject his marriage proposal in the established context wasn't noble idiocy but necessary sacrifice.

Let's review the facts.

Wang So is a newly crowned king, who hasn't had enough time (and resources) yet to build a strong foundation for his throne. Moreover, there are still ugly rumors swirling in the background, questioning the very legitimacy of his ascension. No small thing, that. All of which means, So's position as King is very shaky. Not enough, maybe, that a strong, concentrated gust (of opposition) could blow him off the throne... but not far off it either.

Goryeo itself is still a young, vulnerable nation, made up of many rival clans with conflicting interests, tenuously held together. How easily So's own maternal clan, led by Jung, comes before King Gwangjong in E17, questioning his right to rule and threatening secession. The many powerful clans of the land, with their significant share of economic power, their sizeable private armies and their complex agendas, hold all the real power and Goryeo's king at that point in history has a very limited scope of what he can actually do. If he doesn't juggle the complex game of politics well, he might even get to see the whole fragile nation disbanding before his eyes. Queen Hwangbo is right when she matter-of-factly warns So of the risk that one misstep might shatter his father, King Taejo's, great legacy.

"Are you going to let Goryeo fall apart during your reign, Your Majesty?"

So's position as a young, untested King--in just a few short years he's the 3rd in a line of princes that have so far failed to prove themselves worthy successors of Taejo--is particularly untenable in the drama. Whereas historical Wang So had the support of three powerful clans (maternal, adopted, wife's), drama Wang So stands alone. He's been cut off by his maternal clan (the Chungju Yoos are even actively working against him), his adopted Shinju Kang clan seems to have vanished in the woodwork (bad writing, there), and there's no wife. The General who made So's rebellion succeed is gone, too. In a land where power is derived from the clans, So has no clans supporting his rule. When they boycott him, there's nothing he can do, no alliance of stronger clans he can call upon to keep the others in check.

With the General gone, there's no military might he can call upon either--not that it would have been a solution anyway. Now that his rebellion has succeeded, the fight has moved from the military to the political arena, and that's where So has to play now, and win. I mean, it's not like he can kill everyone, right? Then there'd be no ministers, no court left to rule over--and everyone else left from all the clans would be baying for the king's blood. In truth, it's still much too early for it to be viable (or even possible) to implement the bloody purges that Gwangjong comes to be known for much later, when his reign is secure. 

In any case, did you catch how King Gwangjong showed up for Court but there was neither hide nor hair of his ministers or any court officials to be seen? He had to wait impotently, sitting on his throne in an empty room (talk about heavy-handed symbolism!) until Wook showed up with his demands. Outrageous demands, that the King relinquish all his financial and military power--but demands that Wook felt safe to make because he had the backing of the clans, whereas the King had no backing, and so the King was weak, and so all the power that the King was being asked to hand over was actually his in name only and not available in fact for him to wield. Not without the support of the clans.

I won't even get into all the reasons why the clans and the entire Court would have been outraged had King Gwangjong chosen Hae Soo as his Queen. Frankly, her scar--though the taboo against a scarred woman belonging to the King is real and deeply-ingrained enough to not be easily challenged in Goryeo society--is a minor issue compared to:

1) her status as a mere court lady who's served many kings for many years

2) her belonging to a minor clan only (if she wasn't disinherited by them completely, that is, which is actually very likely after that debacle when she almost married the King Taejo)

3) her suspect behavior at Damiwon, which includes her unusual knowledge of various aspects, her alien writing etc.--all of which made Soo personally very suspicious and particularly questionable as the King's potential partner.

"She has no background. Yet, she has many weaknesses."

And for the King to reject all available princesses, all the noble daughters from the powerful clans, and instead marry a suspect little nobody like Soo? Moreover, a scarred nobody?! Not only would the nobles have been personally offended, but they might have also--rightfully--questioned the King's sanity. Or at least his capacity to act as a real ruler should.

In the Court's eyes, not only was Soo too severely lacking in all aspects (background, position, behavior; and yes, the scar) to ever be considered worthy to marry the King, but she was even liable to fall in personal danger because of the existing suspicions about her. Like, her alien writing--might it mean that she was a foreign spy? Let's not even talk about Soo being accepted as the King's bride; if some powerful accusers had stepped forward, and with some extra fabricated evidence, she might have seen her very life endangered. And maybe not even the King--as weak as he is now--could have protected her. You do remember King Taejo (comparatively more secure in his reign, and considerably more powerful at the time) and how he still had to sacrifice Lady Oh, right?

Once again, I've written too much, but the short and main of it is, there was no way in hell that So could marry Soo and keep his throne at this point in time. He could NOT fight all the clans for her because he was at the start of his reign, and too weak. He would NOT have won, could not have won--but his rash actions had he tried that route would have likely precipitated the very worst-case-scenario, namely the dissolution of Goryeo itself. So knew all that, but he was too stubborn and proud and determined not to break another promise to Soo, so he proposed to her anyway. Soo knew it too, so she refused his proposal.  And So had no leg to argue against Soo's selfless decision. No noble idiocy involved on either side, just clear-headed acceptance.

So literally had no choice but to let Soo refuse him and pick a powerful wife instead, like he should have done in the first place. He did NOT marry Yeonhwa because Soo told him to; he married her because it had to be done, only he refused to do it until Soo allowed him to. He needed Yeonhwa's clan's support to finally get the other clans to acknowledge him and allow him to act as King (i.e. by actually showing up for Court).

One last thing. As I see it, faced with the untenable (give up making Soo his Queen or lose the throne), So gritted his teeth, strangled his soul-deep outrage and unwillingness and compromised. He married Yeonhwa for the chance to at last become King in fact as well as name--that is, for the chance to grow the power he needed not to be forced to EVER compromise again. He couldn't marry Soo now, and that's why he's so angry and why he's turned so much darker and sinister after his wedding to Yeonhwa and why he's hardcore going for vengeance now that he finally can--but I'm positive that his ultimate goal is to bide his time and arrive at a place of unshakable strength from where he really CAN fight the clans, and the whole world if need be, and win. A position from where he can finally safely reach for Hae Soo and hold her to him without endangering her, or his throne. Little does he know that by the time he rises to that position, it will be too late. Soo will have already left him--not by simply stepping outside the Palace (where So could, and would, have brought her back eventually)--but in a far more permanent and soul-crushing way.

YASSSSSSS!!!! Yes! Yes! To everything you said!

So's only crime was that he was born a prince...

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

@junejungki you are not alone. I can't focus in my works, my brain keep thinking of MLSH. After reading @Akkido 's prediction, I feel pain in my heart. I know the plot of MLSH would be similar to c version BBJX, but I still can't accept it.  Hoping the writer will change the ending.I want happy ending..

My friends keep inviting to watch W2 but I said no, I was exhausted because of MLSH,..I tell myself no more K drama after MLSH, I need to get back to my normal life. 

Wait!! W2?? You mean W Two World? Now got second season?? I avoid all dramas for the time being. I feel numb watching other dramas. That is why I prefer to watch cat and dogs cute videos so that I can laugh as much as I want. Try to watch Bones but feel nothing also. So tonite I want to watch Castle. I am trying to make my mind clear a little bit by watching unrelated stuff.

• Like 7

On 10/26/2016 at 2:39 AM, zi4r said:

the headstrong WS has never truly respected her enough when it comes to her opinions (Oh, he loves her and respects her feelings; but her thoughts and her advice? Not much.

I love reading your posts @zi4rand how you can keep your emotions out of the equation in your analysis. This will be the first time I have a slight disagreement with you about your statement above. WS has respected her opinions enough to have quoted her to Jung after saving him from the one armed man "the higher up you are, the more you should care about justice", he respected and enjoyed her knowledge of the stars, he keeps what she says in his heart when he has to get rid of his enemies "you probably won't be forgiven, but still I understand you". This was the HS he fell in love with and you are right, the writer made her disappear in order to progress the story to its inevitable end. Your statement needs to be qualified by the old HS and current HS and yes I think WS lost some respect for her after Eun's death and he can no longer trust her thoughts and advice especially now as GJ.

• Like 19

22 minutes ago, tinniet said:

I think I need help.

Spoiler

I've been to Lake Toya a few year's ago in Winter and there was hardly any tourist, which I found it really peaceful, Although the place is small but really beautiful and the bus trip up the mountain was magnificent.  Otaru is another nice place in Hokkaido but can be crowded because it's a tourist attraction.  

• Like 15

Seriously, i think i need a therapy after MLSHR is finished. 

Because, for the last 2 months, I've been pouring all my feelings, thoughts and time for MLSHR. Isn't it the saddest epic love story ever, or what? :bawling: 

Can you imagine, when MLSHR is finished next November 1st, and the week after that, what would we do next? I think, I'm going to feel empty. But, the ending is inevitable. So, definitely therapy, it is.

Do you think you guys all have courage to watch the last 2 episodes?

Ah well.... 

• Like 17

58 minutes ago, TeBe said:

But how do you guys get over the gloomy mood that MLSH has set after episode 18 and with that heart-breaking preview?

I always watch the Moon Lovers BTS videos! Are funny and cute. That's why when I feel frustrated with the drama I just say "Give me a new BTS now!!" because I know that will make me happy. Or I rewatch the old BTS. :lol:

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

Seriously, i think i need a therapy after MLSHR is finished. 

Because, for the last 2 months, I've been pouring all my feelings, thoughts and time for MLSHR. Isn't it the saddest epic love story ever, or what? :bawling: 

Can you imagine, when MLSHR is finished next November 1st, and the week after that, what would we do next? I think, I'm going to feel empty. But, the ending is inevitable. So, definitely therapy, it is.

Do you think you guys all have courage to watch the last 2 episodes?

Ah well.... 

I need to watch the last 2 episode. Sad or happy ending doesnt matter. I need closure to move on :bawling:

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, isengdoang said:

:P my co worker a doctor at the office... cought me lurking actor_jg ig...

she's suddenly said: whatttt? You're watching scarlet heart??? 

I said yessss!!

And she said: oh God my mom is addicted to that drama.. i even cant change the channel during commercials... 

emmm... her mom is 68 :P

LOL I can't stop laughing :joy:

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, junejungki said:

I need to watch the last 2 episode. Sad or happy ending doesnt matter. I need closure to move on :bawling:

Yes, we do need closure. So we can move on. 

I think i might be taking a month off k-drama after MLSHR finish. 

• Like 20

1 minute ago, Eva Fauziah said:

I want to shout to all koreans and moon lovers here . . .

"Hey you !! if you skip next ep show, you will regret it !!! it may be forever best crying, sad or goodbye scene/act in k drama"

yes ! you will regret it, it may be the best act of LJK !

so face it, be brave !

so moon lovers, eclipses dont skip, dont blink in ep 19-20.

Hahahaha yes you're right!! :D I can't even eat while watching, my food usually become cold and I end up not having appetite after watching each episodes because my mood will get gloomy. :tears:,

it should be quiet, just me and my tv, can't tolerate any distraction. :sweatingbullets:

can't wait for monday !

• Like 19