[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Okay, this is just a question. Hae Soo knew that from history, Wang So would become king, marry, produce heirs, etc. She also is aware that she is from the future. So, how hurt can she really be when she knew all along that she would eventually have to leave? That is why I couldn't understand why she persisted so hard to find out if he still loved her. The end game was always the same. She would eventually have to go back to where she came from. I feel like some of this is unnecessary angst. It is just like Ji Mong alluded to her when he realized she could see things and knew things, you can't erase history. She would have to go back. The fact that So decided to take the throne shows that her work is done. I get that she loves him, but unfortunately, there is nothing she can do about it.

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, trizha1 said:

MY GOD SO LUCKY!!

I hope someone from Soompi gets to go and they can update us...CAN THEY PLEASE LIVE STREAM THE EVENT FOR INTERNATIONAL FANS??? LJG is pretty good about his V App in things like this, I hope he streams the whole thing.....

Livestream JoonGi while he watches? Then we will end up just watching him and not Ep 20!LOL

• Like 18

4 hours ago, violet90 said:

you know the saddest thing for So right now??? General already leaving him cause he tired of palace , JM can't be used at all cause his loyalty is to history and Soo going to leave him forever...

he got the throne and power but he will end up living in place full of snakes and people that don't love him except BA but i think BA too will be broken when WH gone so in a way So have nobody beside him at the end... its just sad knowing that he think throne will protect his loves one but because of the throne he loss everything..

its history repeating itself from Taejo to Yo that the throne have a price and its likely your own life and happiness...

I am with you, feeling sad for So. This episode left me very dissatisfied because even though he becomes king, he doesn't seem to have much power. I don't know why Wook all of a sudden hold so much power with the other families, and that Uncle of Yo's has died so where and why are the families against So? They must know that if Yo wanted his son to be next king he would have already declared him as crown prince. I think they are rushing the history too much and skipped all the good things he had done like setting up the public exams and freeing the slaves (and lots of lovey dovey time for our OTP :wub:). They are jumping forward to the time when he eliminated those who opposed him which may mean that the writer may take the liberty of Wang So dying quicker than we expected in order to finish off the drama in the 21st century. I think the last 2 episodes might take place in the future since the preview for tomorrow shows CR beaten to death and HS collapses. The death scene for HS may be beginning of ep 19 then maybe a time jump for So and his death then reincarnation or time travel to 21st century. The ending is too rushed, don't know if it is lack of time for filming or the pacing is off with the editing. :( I will have to watch the SBS version to see if it is any better.

• Like 14

On 10/5/2016 at 0:00 PM, arabela said:

I'm guessing till now pretty anything important was said about the last 2 episodes. 

I cannot contribute with something more, so I will just say my predictions for the ending :) a mixture of guessing and my own fantasies

• my guess is they will stay pretty much close to the novel's ending , like there will be a miscariage, HS will want to leave the palace and her love story with WW will make WS let her go ; in the international version she will die without WS, but in the SBS version - in WS's arms :):) cant stop myself amusing how much they want to make the show more fan service for the korean public :) 
  • there will be a transformation of WS, probably justified by his need to protect HS or maybe the throne, to become/or must become ruthless, that will cause HS to want to leave the palace; I have to say that I like very much the idea of their entanglment around his crimes: their friendship begin in fact with her acceptance for him after he killed those monks and with her understanding for his painand we see at ep 13 ending, they get even more closer around his guilt for stabbing his brother and her understanding it and the confort she can give him; So, maybe this will be her fundamental message for him, that also people around him and history will look at him as being ruthless and tyran, she can understand and forgive him, and even more love him; no wonder he is in a way feeling like nothing counts without her; I have to confess I would much more like the idea of her being able to love him even if he would need to be ruthless and reign in fear, than the idea of making him the man he was not in history; More than she having the power to tranform him or more than he being so HS-centered that he can give up anything for her, I would like to see that she was able to see his soul like noone in history saw it, to know his deep regrets and love him despite his ruthlessness and despite her being unable to stay near him till the end and wanting to leave. 
  • having confirmed Lady Oh saying that people dont really change - HS made WW look for a while like he would change for her, only to become in time even more like himself; same could be with WS, who seems now to be so changed by HS, only probably to see him coming back to his own nature when he will think this will be best for protecting her or the throne (just to mention that his nature is not at all a bad one, cause even without HS we could see him as being able to have regrets, guilt, loving feelings, just that there was noone till HS to really trust him; in fact he really is a good person, just that, like for other characters, times and circumstances dont let him stay this way and bring out what is worst in him)
  •  having the scene with WS standing alone and lonely as a king, just like in HS vision
  • having WS unsecure about HS feelings after he will learn/suspect about her love for WW - oo, how will he remind she was asking him to spear WW life and all those gesture that he now consider to be normal because they were once relatives!!; And I hope that after these two last episodes, there are more people now who could believe that HS did in fact love WW; I find it hard to believe anyother way and more I find hard to understand why WS would become jealouse in the future when he will already have HS heart ..... his jealousy could be cause only be him feeling that once upon a time she also gave her heart to WW ... 
  • they will meet in the future - I am 99,99% sure about this kind of ending ... also I have to say now, unlike earlier posts, that I like more the Cnovel ending ... maybe I understand more why the novel's writer said she cherrished her ending more than the one in Cdrama - in fact is not about an ideal, absolute, love thougher than time and history, but more about the how much great love can be even if it doesnt have the power to change destiny, people, history, even if it is not more powerfull than death, even if it doesnt end happily, even if it breaks your heart ... like real love in real life :) it doesnt have to be perfect to be impressive!!! it doesnt have to be ideal in order to be great!! 

I made my predictions some weeks ago when they werent together and now what I change is that I am not so sure that I am so in love with their love  ---- I kind of understand know why the writer of the novel was not in love with their love and didn't consider it so ideal ... the love in the novel - but this love is not much more .... is to much real, with all the pitfalls, limitations and failures that real loves have .... and in a way dysfunctional .... you don't have to know the novel to realise that their love doesn't have too much chances to keep them togethertogether ...they do love each other and love each other even when they will get separated but no one has a love so strong to survive hardships and keep them united on a long term ..in the end, for WS was much more easy to die for her than to give up being a king  .... which I find quite understandable , in the end this is his destiny , and HS is just the woman he loves ....

just my opinion .....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Uniform Victory said:

Seriously, there's deeper meaning or side to this drama than the SoSoo lovestory.

This is an adaptation of the Chinese novel, so obviously it may follow the general context of the novel.

Moon Lovers is nothing like the c-drama. Moon Lovers has kept its own interpretation and delivery and has been consistent from ep 1.

This drama is fast paced. The editing is not rushed just fast and that is the beauty of this drama and sets apart from the c- drama. The latter was so draggy and the flow was boring for my taste. Though some people enjoy drag and slow dramas, but that just put me to sleep.

Moon Lovers fighting. For me, it's the best k-drama I've seen so far. 

Totally agree, I've never talked about any other dramas as much as I have talked about Moon Lovers. I've never been as consumed with the plot, the characters, and the cinematography as much as I have been with this drama. 

• Like 19

1 hour ago, aypopa said:

i was think the same one way or another she help YH 

first HS will say YH she help her :

trade place (did they hide there face in wedding ceremony) and then BAM your bride WS her YH is so not real he will know the moment he see her 

HS know that YH love WS and want him and she will love him and take care of him i know that sound bad for you because most people don't like YH she is not my favorite too but she has some point and no one can't deny her feeling for WS

that's why when HS know that she must live WS because she die soon because she is his weak point because she can't take anymore the palace live ...

don't forget JM who also want HS to go away ... but what must happen to WS accept they drug him ??? lie to him ??? or we have some other reason i am so curios to find and so scary at the same time because of the pain of there separation ...aa i stop here :) 

Sorry but I disagree with you saying that YH loves WS. She clearly said to HS that all she wants is HONOR and RECOGNITION. She said "I won't get involve in who takes care of the King all day and night !"

• Like 12

1 hour ago, aypopa said:

HS know that YH love WS and want him and she will love him and take care of him i know that sound bad for you because most people don't like YH she is not my favorite too but she has some point and no one can't deny her feeling for WS

Actually HS knows what type of person is YH and she wants WS not because of love but because she wants power and recognition. Also with the pass conversations she had with YH, YH admits that she just wanted those two never loved cause it will cause one to fall. After what the evil Queen did to her mother and her family, all she cared about is to make a name for herself and make sure whoever made her miserable and her mother get double of that. She doesn't care about love at all. She probably did had feelings for WS in the beginning but after he rejected her so many times, she knows why bother to love somebody when all you need is power and honor to secure the spot she wants which is to be queen. To her love is for the weak and she doesn't want any of that. But who knows how she's feeling cause she might follow evil Queen Yoo footsteps in the end, she never really got his love and will regret it. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, lyserose said:

It was Lee Joon Gi who mentioned that in an interview. He said they had so much leisure of time in the beginning and since the entire production team was totally not familiar with pre-produced format, the kinda rushed a lot towards the end. It is completely evident in this episode. Even Lee Joon Gi's brilliant acting prowess could not save this episode. And everyone seem to have their energy sapped out of them. And boy, Lee Joon Gi is so painfully skinny and I know what I am about to say may not sit well with his many fangirls here (I am his fan also) but he is not that smoking gorgeous as compared to him in the first 8 episodes. As Mad Hatter would say "he has loss his muchness". The excessive weight loss has taken a toll on his appearance. Putting aside myself sounding all superficial here but this (if according to him) would be his last saeguk for now and I wish he could look all glorious as paying homeage to his saeguk bravura till the very end. His acting is still superb but the rush and all over pacing of this episode somehow bringing down his performance which could have been a standout should it was done better. 

I still think LJG is amazing in this episode, he changes from playful lover to ruthless king so easily. I felt more saddened because he is hiding the ruthless side of him from Soo because he knows that it will upset her and she in turn will probably hide the fact that she doesn't have long to live from him. I feel for him, being so burdened as a king that he can find little time to romance and love her like he wants to, and maybe after CR dies and she collapses, she may purposely breakup with him to save him heartbreak when she dies. :tears: Our SoSoo couple have had so little happy time together in Goryeo that I hope a happy ending with more than just a meeting in the future will happen in the last episode.

• Like 17

43 minutes ago, Shiori Me said:

@ arabela  Wang So chose the throne against love.

I think he chose the throne for love and freedom. So that he and Hae Soo can breathe freely again. He was the dog of the previous king.

I really doubt that .... maybe this is what he said, but people said many things in this drama . that weren't true ... behavior speaks louder then words ... in my opinion is enough to look at how he acts to realise he didn't want the throne for her, for love, for freedom .... not in that moment, not after and not now ... even HS knows this ...

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

Livestream JoonGi while he watches? Then we will end up just watching him and not Ep 20!LOL

That is an excellent point my friend. I wish I could say I would do both, but...trying to watch LJG's reactions to the drama while trying to watch the drama too will result in me being cross eyed.

Okay, I'll take him releasing a V app video of him watching the last episode AFTER it airs, heheh..this way we don't get crazy and we STILL get to participate somehow!!!

• Like 11

On 10/23/2016 at 8:19 AM, clarissasan said:

Hello guys, I'm making a new quiz :blush:

This time it's "Which Scarlet Heart Ryeo female character are you?" and has 7 characters as result :D (Well, 6 actually...but...... (?) Find out yourself ^^)

Which Scarlet Heart Female Characters are You?

and here's the previous quiz I made if you haven't try :D

Which Scarlet Heart Ryeo prince is your Soulmate?

Hope you like it  Enjoy! :heart:

Mine resulted in the Hae Soo now and Wang So as my soulmate!!! Yes! Kekeke :D nice quizzes! I really enjoyed it!

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, bakafan said:

Just finished watching the intern. version. I'm so mad aboud the scene WW/YH. Wook is really pathetic when he told YH that he'll make her queen just because he doesn't want HS to be. "No one can have everything". He never loved her because otherwise he'd know that HS loath everything regarding the throne. If she doesn't love so much WS, she'll be out of the palace and accept JUNG offert. Both WW and YH are so cunning and scheming, that's unbearable !!!

They think that will cause pain to HS ???? They're never been so wrong. HS don't give a damn richard simmons about to be queen. If only she can have WS, the man instead of the King, it'll be great but she knows that she can't change history. That's why, because she loves him, she'll give up first the idea of marriage and she'll take Chaeryung incident to push So to let her go. She'll give the man she loves above all to YH to protect him and to insure him a long reign. I know that I'd do the same if I were her.

Moreover, she'll not live long so maybe she doesn't want So to be heartbroken when she'll die so she prefers him to be mad at her that heartbroken.

Look at how fast she went tot el Hae Soo she will become Queeen. She so wanted to rub it in Hae Soo's face. I find Jung just as despicable as his other siblings. Now Hae Soo is sick and she will be turning to Jung ( I FIND HIM DESPERATE TO HAVE THE GIRL).  Jung is just ridiculous because like someone stated... afte his declaretion HS  was hurt. Then she ignored him and started to pray. Like he meant nothing to her. 

• Like 11

After watching the preview a few more times, I have a feeling the scene between YH and WS is AFTER they get married, I mean look at the room, the faint lights, and what she tells him " I want to make our son king " in that scene she already wants him to sleep with her that snake !!!:crazy: and I think WS's going to leave her alone ( he better leave her, ya hear ? ) *runs back to my books*

• Like 12