[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

14 minutes ago, briseis said:

And of course, HS finds out about her beating EXACTLY WHEN SHE IS FINALLY WEARING SO’S HAIRPIN IN HER HAIR (the writer is a sadist).

Sorry to cut your post (thanks for making me cry, btw ;_____; ), but OMG at this line especially. I've been waiting and waiting to see So's hairpin again and THAT'S when we do?! Everything about this drama is messed up! *sobs in a corner*

Still banking my hope on the fact that So will push Yeon Hwa away. Given the historical facts that his heir wasn't born until years after he became king, I hope the writer doesn't go there with So and Yeon Hwa while Soo is still alive. :||| Like, give us that much at least?

I'm totally drained after this episode and I'm sure the ending of tomorrow's will kill me too. :/ I want the CR stuff to happen towards the beginning of the ep, but I'm sure it'll be at the end to maximize angst potential.

If So has to go down as a monster for what happens to CR, Won better be imprisoned too! That snake needs to die and he needs to die NOW.

I recall IU saying something about Soo becoming ruthless towards the end? Did she mean towards So??? *cries again* (Honestly, going off the c-version, she probably meant her attitude towards the 9th prince, but still... ugh, SoSoo's break over CR is going to kill me.)

Also - what was with the RIDICULOUS zoom-in close-up of Wook's face at the end of the episode when he talked about So losing his heart? I try to give the director the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, I cannot defend that decision. That was so laughable for a scene that's meant to be taken seriously. I hate that the cast is getting so much crap when the blame should really be on the production team. Awful, just awful.

• Like 18

25 minutes ago, briseis said:

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Episode 18 Preview

“I have become a monster in Soo’s eyes. I will not let him get away with this.”   

I’M NOT OK AND I WON’T PROBABLY BE OK EVER AGAIN! I just can’t handle this show! It’s too much of everything. They are following the original version of the novel almost to a tee, but the thing is that the events from the novel applied to the korean adaptation make it 100 times more heartbreaking because Wang So’s character and motivation ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN THOSE OF THE ORIGINAL 4TH PRINCE (whom I hated). 

“You are not allowed to go anywhere. You are my one and only queen.” 

So is never selfish or arrogant with HS, and even after taking the throne, Soo is his priority, not the throne, he STILL WANTS TO MAKE HER HIS QUEEN AND NO OTHER WOMAN WILL DO FOR HIM. HE IS STILL FIGHTING FOR HER, TO PROTECT HER AND TO BE WITH HER, STILL FIGHTING FOR A CHANCE TO SPEND THEIR LIVES TOGETHER; but the whole world and history is against him. His enemies show him no mercy and that’s why he can show no mercy to them either, otherwise his reign would be an incredibly short one. He lives in the 10th century and he must use weapons and punishments which were used during that era - probation and house arrest simply weren’t an option during that time.And these people really DO DESERVE THE WORST - TO DIE. The Hwangbo sibling duo THAT IS DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DEATH OF THEIR OWN BROTHERS, and now So is being pushed into marriage with a woman who is responsible for him having to kill Eun, who is responsible for his own poisoning,…His mocking, disgusted smile while YH is hugging him is very telling of what exactly he thinks of her. It’s always been clear that WS is the smartest of his brothers and he is well-aware how they are trying to manipulate and control him because people have been trying to do that to him his whole life.

And there is Wook with his petty ego and selfish need to hurt Soo for loving WS, for chosing him, and his brother for taking HS away from him. Even CR deserves her punishment, for poisoning a king, because in the end she knew exactly what she was doing. And of course, HS finds out about her beating EXACTLY WHEN SHE IS FINALLY WEARING SO’S HAIRPIN IN HER HAIR (the writer is a sadist). PREPARE YOURSELF, BECAUSE AFTER ONE FINAL, HAPPY MOMENT  ALL HEARTS WILL BE BROKEN TOMORROW WHEN SOO PUSHES WANG SO AWAY BOTH EMOTIONALLY AND PHYSICALLY.

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_ofk6pvmP1n1s8t96qo9_1280.png

She is wearing the hairpin????

Writer, why don't you just show us Wang So is kicking some puppies ?? You know, just to make it worse :tears:

• Like 12

1 hour ago, enigmaticangel said:

I want Episode 20 fully to be focused on PRESENT ERA!! I AM DONE WITH GORYEO AND ITS NASTY POLITICS!! :tears:

I second you on this. IDK I just feel there will be no happy ending for So and Soo in Goryeo- things are getting darker in each episode to come, I think. I just want to see ALL characters in the present days, without these getting to the throne issues. Pretty please :tears:

And IDK why but I still think there is more on Jimong's character in the present day, like he knows something bound to happened in the first ep. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, chi13lou said:

someone was spying on them when they talked.

I watched the international version and I realised the camera angle when Won left after talking to Chaeryung.The scene was shot from behind a pillar and it was moving,not the typical still shot.By shooting the scene in that way,we the viewers see the scene as in the eyes of someone who is spying on them.Sorry if my explanation is not clear but watch the scene again and you'll get what I mean.I guess that's how WangSo know they are traitors.

• Like 12

I know many of you will not agree with me but as I feared they lengthened the story of love between HS/WW and the last years of Taejo reign, in the first 11-12 episodes. And now in the last episodes they gave it on fast forward due to lack of time. In the last five-six episode things have happened so fast for me that I got dizzy but I must thank to LJG because in one of his interviews he warned fans that this would happen. Like he said I'm gonna to put my imagination to work but even so, I would have wanted to see more happy moments between HS/WS.before the drama to be over.

• Like 24

56 minutes ago, Gabi Bros said:

Tearing the paper and throwing the evidence just there, in the floor, next to the death king...was so stupid. I was like O.O...never expected something that stupid from Wang So. :mellow:

i second that hahaha... but its the directors fault isnt it...

• Like 13

47 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

And me and my masochist self would say

Hide contents

She killed herself ?  lonely onion head

Meanwhile here I am thinking that Woo Hee is being punished down there the way King Jeongjong killed Eun's family. The king can see those who are executed from up above. (Like when King Taejo killed Lady Oh too)

• Like 9

i think the writer will go down to the ruthless KG... KG is not bad or evil but he really ruthless in term of his reigning but because of that his reign is one of the most successful one...

even when Soo is there his way of coping thing can be seen as a very straight kind of strategy... he want all the people who want Yo son to be killed because this people will be a traitor when So won't accept that so in a way he doing it in advance.. everyone have doubt or suspicious will be killed off.. this method is cruel but its working.. one thing though its kinda shock seeing So this method but i get why he have to do this.. his coronation is a scandal because Yo have a son.. there is no other way to secure the throne..

BUT the problem is when Soo leave him.. you can see that Soo is the only person who keep him tame cause he seem to hide the KG aura when she around cause she can't accept that.. So will never hurt Soo with his action but in the preview he look like hell when he accepting the fact that he look like monster to Soo... i afraid he will get only worse by then...

so in the end the one that Soo hate is KG not WS..........

• Like 21

I just realized that SHR is the Korean old-timey version of The Godfather. So is Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) and Soo is Kay (Diane Keaton).

Michael was always the best candidate of his brothers to take over the family business because he had the best raw skills (smarts, patience, strategy) but Michael didn't want to get involved with the family business because that was never his dream. Through a series of turf wars with other mob families and the Corleone family getting hurt, Michael reluctantly takes on the mantle of leading the Corleone family. We watch Michael make harsher and harsher decisions as he goes from reluctant hero to ruthless mob boss because that is what the Godfather has to do in order to maintain order and ensure the safety of the family. In the end Michael has Kay by his side but they're alienated because she can't be involved in family business and the ending is him literally shutting the door on her.

Replace all the names in the preceeding paragraph and it's the plot to SHR. With any luck, Wook, YH, and Won all meet the fate of the horse from the infamous horse head in the bed scene. 

• Like 21

Ahhh.... just back from snack time...... I needed comfort food for the unsatisfactory-heading-to-tragic-ending episode. I just want to say thank you to our fast and brave recappers and screen cappers.8grazie.gif

@qwenli, @LyraYoo @trizha1, @Yippeuni@dhia205 @Kasmic @andy78 and a few others whom I can't recall because it was like on a bullet train running at 300kph. I had a blast.... !! This and next week for the home run...... ( may shipwreck in a river of tears. )

• Like 17

1 hour ago, TeBe said:

random thought:

I have a scar on my knee, a scar on my shoulder and one on my arm. All those scars I got as a child playing soccer or Hand-ball  and they are really beautiful memories to me. So, are you telling me if I am transported to Goryeo and managed to survive all that richard simmons going on there, I will never be rewarded by being a queen ? and still be doomed by being just an average citizen on the 10 and the 21 century?? This is just unfair. yoyo104.gif

Hmmn, Methinks your chances would've been slim depending on family connections. You would have none. Assuming that you know Korean, your modern language would be a hindrance.

My co-watcher (belligerently) and I joked about why time travel series for brown people are non-existent. There aren't any time periods that we would choose to go back to. How would Taejo's court treat me if I landed in the prince's bathwater? I think I would learn how good those sword skills were before I could figure out where I was or ask.

Forget about scars and being Queen. Do you know what they used for tampons? Stay here.

• Like 16

Spoiler
1 hour ago, dramu51ch0c10ve said:

I wonder why BaekAh's reaction is like that...maybe related to WooHee?

in the novel 13th/BA's character, there was something about taking the blame instead of the king. if the death of the uncle of WS was accused of WSo's doing, BA might have done just like that but WH was so guilty she commits suicide? just a thought, they might have change characters but might have tried to insert the incidents same from the novel... (though what im expecting is CR committing suicide because of 9th punishment or something)

i also think 14th was named by Yo as next, and hid by 4th just like the novel... well... i'll have to wait for the subs..

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, violet90 said:

so in the end the one that Soo hate is KG not WS..........

@violet90 

Spoiler

I am fearing that the "I hate you" scene will come just as in BBJX. I just don't want to hear those words. :confused:

EDIT: Sorry for cutting your post... I wanted to talk about the last part. 

Edited by Gabi Bros
  • Like 9