[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Lolol the editing of the international version was one of the worst in the history of kdramas or TV period. I cannot believe it's the same PD from TWTWB.

The scene with So and the cie scaring the crap out of Yo. SAVAGE! lmao

I'm sorry at this point I do want So to kill them all.  Off with their heads and screw history. Well the other Moon drama did so why not? Lol I guess I was the only one cheering on his "kill them all"

This is why they should have just gone with a fictional kingdom *shrugs* It seems I'm the only one not depressed maybe because I never expected an happy ending from this at all. It does help that I tried to watch the Tudors and tell myself well it could have been worse like Anne and Henry worse . I really need LJG to pick a romantic comedy cause there is so much Arang and Sato rewatch I can do (manly because Arang was one of my fave female characters). It needs to be an actual romcom not a wolf in disguise like Fantastic or some other ish like that. Thank you very much, Sir!

• Like 21

20 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I am a little confuse was RX also sickly in the c-version? 

Hide contents

I know she passed away quite sadly and weakly. But I am unsure if she died because she was already ill from the beginning? 

Either way, our hearts are in for a heart attack soon as the super angst moments are upon us. :bawling:

I think I'm gonna have to close my heart and eyes when I watch those moments. I can't take it. 

But what exactly is CR being punished for? For having a hand in killing CP right? I think someone said in the thread why was HS surprise at the punishment, I also am wondering why. I mean she is a traitor so she deserves to be punish that is how it worked then. 

Yes in the cversion

Spoiler

Ruoxi didn't get too sickly until episode 30th, that's when YuTan (CR) was steamed alive and she fainted after seeing that. Her health taken a toll since kneeling in the rain and had to work hard labor as the laundry maid. Later when she found out she was pregnant, her body was getting weaker and she was falling into depression but after the miscarriage and with the stress and depression it shorten her life even more that's why she wanted to leave the palace cause she wanted a peaceful leaving and was tired of it overall.

As for CR, she was probably punished for betraying CP and had in hand of murdering CP cause she was the one that was taken care of his baths and adding mercury into the water that caused CP to die. She was in it with Won the 9th prince so he probably put the blame on her to avoid death and as CR (she probably was in love with Won so she took the blame and said it was all her doing and had no regret) HS was probably surprise at the punishment was because to her even if a person is a traitor, they should not be treated like a dog, being beaten up just for show. At that time, HS probably didn't know CR doing until she received the bloody letter that probably was given to her. And maybe WS told HS what CR role was in this whole thing that she was the one that was involve with CP's death and the other stuff. When HS read the bloody letter she probably realized that it was true so and that CR lied to her the whole time cause CR pretend not to know how to read and write but she could cause Won apparently taught her (that's how the cversion went the 9th prince taught YT to read and write that's how she fell in love with him) in the bloody letter it mention she has no regrets so probably CR knew her time was ending and had to get the message to HS 

• Like 10

5 hours ago, sosooyah19 said:

one thing irate me, the abrupt focusing of WW face during his visit with WS just before at the end. i know they want to make an impact, but its the first time i saw that kind of shot... i only see them in comedies/old movies... :|

lmao this actually scared me as opposed to make an impact, it was a little creepy 

• Like 3

re: Soo's ineligibility to become queen because of her scar. Can't So just make an edict that the scar rule no longer applies? Yo killed Eun with no consequences but So can't invalidate a marriage rule? Am I missing something????

• Like 9

Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ Season 2 In The Works? Sequel To Transport Characters In The 21st Century?

October 25 00:43
21207-scarlet-heart-ryeo-season-2-in-the-works-sequel-to-transport-characters.png
As the hit Korean drama "Moon Lovers" is nearing its conclusion, a sequel is widely speculated to follow immediately due to the massive success of the show.

(NataP/YouTube)

SBS’ “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” has been enjoying its grand share of victory as evidenced by its impressive ratings in the tv show charts and the positive reviews from the press and the fans. As the historical drama approaches its last few episodes, it is expected to release another installment.

Despite the disappointment caused by the delays of the release of the future episodes, the strong followers of the show continue to patronize the interesting fate of the main characters.

A report highlighted the possible finale of “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.” The popular Korean drama is believed to set Wang So as the third king and will wed Hae Soo, who will be finally crowned as the queen of Goryeo dynasty. In addition, the lovely pair will be seen nurturing their family with their children. While Hae Soo and Wang So’s blissful life emerge, Wang Wook suffers his miserable failure in getting the throne and winning the heart of her dream wife.

While rumors remain as they are until the issues are addressed by the reality of the storyline, several questions are waiting to be answered. The forthcoming killing of Wang Eun in the hands of his brother Wang So is a heartbreaking scene that everyone awaits. Another interesting event waiting to be unveiled is the grand wedding of Wang So and Hae Soo.

A source claimed that the remaining four episodes will not be enough to accommodate the big revelations of the series, hence, “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo" season 2 is speculated to be negotiated. Should a continuation of the already stunning Japanese series will come to fruition, their supports internationally would be more than happy to know that the fantasy still lives on.

Advertisement

The alleged second season is expected to bring the characters in the modern world as in Tong Hua’s Chinese novel “Bu Bu Jing Xin,” the female protagonist had died in the past life and only another near-death experience can possibly transport Hae Soo back to the present world.

High hopes “Moon Lovers” fans, high hopes.

• Like 13

I actually liked the episode, but the ending left me feeling awful and the preview was a second punch to the gut. I seriously feel sick, lol. ^^;;;

Ever since I really got into this drama (around episode 8), I watched it live but I'm not sure if I should for Ep18, considering what's coming. I'll probably be rolled up in a ball crying afterwards (honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet).

That's great news about the ratings, though. Hope it stays steady and/or continues to climb - might as well have a strong finish!

A question for those who watched the c-drama -

Spoiler

How does RX go from hating the 4th prince (for what happened to Yutan) back to being devastated by his coldness towards her later? O.o;;

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, enigmaticangel said:

Scarlet Heart Ryeo’ Season 2 In The Works? Sequel To Transport Characters In The 21st Century?

As much as I would loooooooooove to see the Prince Pack in modern clothing...(Wang So's potential wardrobe was me drooling, gimme all the SUITS!) this has less than a 0.5% chance of happening lol.

As much as we love the show it's considered a ratings fail in it's home base, so I can't see SBS shelling out tons of money for the sequel PLUS getting all the cast to come back is going to be near impossible. I mean, do I dream of a sequel with better editing and flow? ALL THE TIME, but...I also dream of a time when my heart wasn't getting pulverized every week or when I don't ACTIVELY HATE/DREAD BASEBALL GAMES (since I prefer not to think about baseball anyway!!) so yeah. Don't think this will fly...

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Siracusa said:

re: Soo's ineligibility to become queen because of her scar. Can't So just make an edict that the scar rule no longer applies? Yo killed Eun with no consequences but So can't invalidate a marriage rule? Am I missing something????

Yo justify killing Eun is that Eun's grandfather wanted to revolt so it gave him a good reason to kill Eun thinking if the grandfather succeed than Eun will be place on the throne. So in order to secure the position making like CP pass the throne to him, he wanted to strike fear into people whose thinking of revolting against him and that to get rid of a powerful clan. The officials are scared for their life and family so they would accept the reasoning that Eun's family try to revolt so but in the end, the guilt ate Yo every night causing him to have nightmares and became paranoid that's his karma

1 minute ago, enigmaticangel said:

I'm iffy about the article cause in the article it mention WS getting marry to HS and live happily and have children? Um...that seems not right o.O but if its true, I would want a sequel hopefully its better than the cversion which was disastrous since about only 4 or 5 character reprise in the sequel, hopefully if kversion is doing one, all the characters come back and since its modern time, there is no rules or history they have to stick close to so the writers can write off the borders and go wild with their imaginations  

• Like 12

I really need to say this: Why is this Drama having to follow History.......as in the exact kings in order the father then mo then yo then WS and why is YH having to be the queen...Im confused this drama is based on a Novel and is not a biography or documentary therefore why is it that it has to be exact history and not up to the writer and directors imagination.......ALSO BUT WHY IS SOMEONE FROM THE 21ST CENTURY IN A DRAMA THAT IS SUPPOSE TO BE EXACT HISTORY?

I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND THE IDEA OF YH BEING QUEEN AFTER ALL THE DISGUSTING THINGS SHE HAS DONE ITS LIKE UNACCEPTABLE....I DETEST IT TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!!!!!!!

• Like 17

SBS is really cruelly killing me softly.  The first time i watched ep 17 last night was raw and now i am watching it again with eng sub ( at my office).  I am pissed of because that now my head is clear, I observed that the 1st 6 minutes is from ep 16. What is worst is that they cut the scene where haee soo is making So to sleep by telling a bedtime story.  Don't the SBS knows that i have feelings too? My office time is not yet done but i am so stressed and angry beause of the torture SBS is doing to me. #^&^%()^&%^$*+*(*%^%$()!!!:angry: 

• Like 10

What's up with these predictions that Soo will likely encourage the marriage between So and Yeonhwa after thinking about her health and stuff and she'll end up switching with YH at the last minute for the wedding or something...

Can I just say...STOP MAKING PREDICTIONS THAT SEEM PRETTY CREDIBLE (and more than likely probable) and leave the SoSoo ship alone. Darn all these icebergs in the way making this journey more treacherous than the Titanic's ill-fated maiden voyage. I, like Baek Ah, will go down with this ship. I won't put my hands up and surrender. There will be no white flag above my door. I ship SoSoo and always will (Yes, I did plagiarize the wise words of Dido. She knows what's up)

• Like 21

From the beginning didn't think I will like Yo but he did grow on me because he got guts when he wanted to take over the throne he acted upon, unlike Wookie always thinking thinking .... Would be good if he's the second leg to SoSoo's love, he will be just agressive and processive like So (well they are brothers).  

• Like 12

I was away from the thread and live recaps yesterday night. I am going to wait faithfully for the SBS version with eng subs as I have always been before I comment more on the episode. But based on all the live recaps and comments, this is one hell of an episode. I already sense an ominous feeling from the still cuts and I am dead right. 

And everyone is heartwrecked by the episode that no one congratulates this thread for reaching 1500 pages:sweatingbullets:  I think this thread will lives even when the drama ended! 

8 hours ago, ruizaio said:

Aside from the differences between the two versions, I'm also not happy about the misrepresentation of history in this show. Gwangjong had more support from the powerful clans (his birth mother's Chungju, his adopted mother's Shinju, and his wife's Hwangju and all the Songak-based clans who were against the moving of the capital) than his predecessors when claiming the throne, and he had waited for 7 years before he started killing off people to strengthen the throne. I was like WTF when So all of a sudden gave the order to kill everyone that questioned the legitimacy of him succeeding the throne. First off, there wouldn't have been any challenges, and second off, he shouldn't be like that just yet.

Hi! You seems to be well-versed with Korean and Korean history. Can you elaborate more on Gwangjong life? Is he that ruthless etc? I can't really trust Wikipedia...I don't think it is wholesome (complete). 

Edited by Rose34
edited
  • Like 9