[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

By the way?

There are things even our deepest wishes won't change .... Like when we looked "Titanic", weren't Kate and Leo so cute.
Still we KNEW the iceberg will hit the ship and the ship will sink

So .... WS will marry YH and the SoSoo ship will sink :(

5 minutes ago, moon_nebula said:

Reading everyone's reactions / recaps is making me so antsy!!! I haven't watched EP 17 yet but I almost don't want to for fear of my fragile heart breaking...

I almost want to fast forward to the goodbye scene (because we know it will happen), just to get it over with :tears:

I can just pretend that the drama ended in after WS confessed his love for HS :)

I tried that with "Prime Minister and I"
Didn't work :(

But I am on your side of the playground ... have not had the chance to watch ep.17 yet, even thought subs are out .... will need tomorrow ... a "bag full of fluffy dreams" before

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, TeBe said:

agree with you ! and Hell No to that! if they do this to us, I will think that  the writer, director are sadist! They will put us through this unbearable  pain! I will hate the drama forever. Imagine showing a hotter kiss between WS-YH than between WS-HS! 

Lol I'm thinking the writers and directors need to sleep with their eyes open if that does happen. They make the viewers/audience run in circles and make us think the WS-HS was sinking when they slam us with all this love scenes and now to think they are ripping it away from us. Its going to be all hell break loose when it happens and those writers and audience will be like why did we ended up doing that and now we will have angry mob of fans out to get us. lol I can imagine those poor people trying to hide. But then we all know what we were heading to when we got on this ship knowing that it will probably follow close to the cversion since its an adaptation and they sort of want to follow its footsteps sending viewers up and down on a roller coaster of emotions. And now we figure the WS-HS is a titanic that is about to hit an iceberg and sink but the memories will forever be with us

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, moon_nebula said:

Reading everyone's reactions / recaps is making me so antsy!!! I haven't watched EP 17 yet but I almost don't want to for fear of my fragile heart breaking...

I almost want to fast forward to the goodbye scene (because we know it will happen), just to get it over with :tears:

I can just pretend that the drama ended in after WS confessed his love for HS :)

Watch it! :) The heartbreaking episode will be episode 18.  

• Like 9

So I just watched into the 1st 20 mins of episode 17 to where Yo is asking Su to choose the next king and tells her  to take the decree. My interpretation of this scene is that Yo did not name anyone.  He left that blank for Su to fill. When So came across that decree, he ripped it and threw it away like it meant nothing because it didn't mean anything. No king was named. So didn't care who found the decree because it was a useless decree. I am curious as to what was written. I'm thinking that the decree states that Yo is abdicating the throne to whoever Su names. I'm thinking this is why So asks Su if she has read it. He tores it up as he probably does not want Su to be part of the coup. That is why So was surprised when Su easily bowed and named him king since Su didn't even read the decree.  And this is why evil insane mama and dumb Jung confronted Su with the ripped decree blaming her.  

Again, this is just my interpretation of this scene.  No way is So stupid to just throw something like that where it could easily be found Especially if it names someone other than him as king.  So when the evils found the ripped decree, there was nothing they can do about it because like I believed, Yo left that decision to Su.  So was going to be king regardless anyways.  But it was nice that his GF acknowledged it before anyone else. she was in the room when Yo died so it could be possible to other observers that Yo let her know who he prefers as the next king.  It's very believable that Yo could possibly name So as king. After all, So was the one who killed the traitor Eun and the one Yo rewarded and entrusted the building of the next capital city. Yo have publicly stated that So has provened his worthiness in this way. 

• Like 19

I watched live stream at night, forced myself to sleep, watched it again when got up and.. it feels a little bit better... It worked for me with other episodes too) First watch: WTH???, 2nd: mmm, not so bad, 3nd: actually it's good; 4nd: I love this drama:) 

some thoughts:

I see I was foolish to expect WS will be able to solve problems when becoming the king.. in fact he looks even more powerless. 

It was the first time I disliked WS, wth is "kill all protesters?" it's only few days gone.. he needs to improve political skills and find supporters (but please not Hwangbo!!). Where had those people who backed up his revolution gone suddenly?

Hate to write it but WW has good brain and logic, pity he wasn't born with a king star- he seems perfectly fit for that snake hole called palace

I'm very annoyed that Wook and Won are prospering never mind who is the king

It's sad that WS-BaekAh brotherhood is hindered by position change

Woohee is a killer

Jimong eyes tell me he knows many things, please share it with us

HS in luxurious blue-red outfit- what is that dress? I remember wedding gown was all red?

One more annoying thing-  I'm not very certain now if WS HS really did things that night when candle lights went out?? HS reaction to baby making and sleep-together proposal was somewhat awkward 

Wait for tonight episode, hope it will give me a break till next week

• Like 19

Conclusion after more than 6 hours spent with both versions (and we're not done yet!):

International version was definitely edited with a hacksaw, and Ep17 has the dubious honour of boasting the most choppy editing I've had the misfortune to see from this drama so far :crazy:

On the other hand, SBS version was probably reedited with only one brief in mind - maximum number of permutations to make the same episode almost unrecognisable in terms of scene arrangement, dialogue and so much additional footage to the same scenes in its internatioanal counterpart, that any attempt to untangle it will invariably result in outraged, frustrated howls that do not even remotely sound like So's soulful, albeit choking-on-bone animal sounds. :crazy::confounded:

• Like 23

I just watched the Youku version subbed and oh boy, I applaud the Chinese fans for being persistent with this till the end: it was so bad, so bad! Horrible even! The montage of Hae Soo & Wang So & Baek-Ah eating, the bedroom scene, they all were edited so badly that I felt I was watching a preview of the real thing. Wang So - Hae Soo scenes on the bed were as if they were taken out of a powerpoint slideshow. What the? ... and that weird fast zoom-in on Wook's face, where did that come from? I had already livestreamed the SBS version and I wasn't expecting a difference this much jarring. The SBS one is highly superior. I suggest that you watch that one only if you do not want to hate the editing team more and more. 

• Like 19

Just watched the international version with subs and yes finally managed to not get spoiled beforehand, can't say it was worth it though. I am way too tired and sleepy but I'll just say this what did we do to ourselves with this drama??!! Are we truly masochists??!! 

This episode confirmed what we all knew or suspected all along, we're headed to the inevitable tragic end, it's been foreshadowed for many episodes now but today and tomorrow's episode makes it clearer. It's okay, I really didn't think we'll get a happy ending, they have to stay true to the history and the novel along with c-version, I just hope we'll get to see WS be there and hold HS in her last moments and not WJ, but maybe I'm asking too much, aren't I?

I mourn that we lost so many episodes with slow build ups, doomed love interests and in the end we get this rush of events that when I think about them and how fast everything happened, it makes me dizzy.

One more week left, I can't believe it, with all the ups and downs and emotional roller coasters we're going to see the end of it, I am never regretting watching it, I got to know LJG and IU and all other amazing actors and with it's flaws and all the story is still very memorable and it will definitely stay with me for a long while.   

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, fuyukoneko said:

Anyone remember where the scene that WS remembers what he saw for Yo's written decree? I wanted to see what he wrote down. I agree with @vwj1. It looked like he was giving HS the decree for her to fill in.

Here it is... and yes, he left the name of his successor blank:

YoWill_zpsperlbrmo.png

Granted he was no longer lucid, but his handwriting is really awful... incoherent and near-illegible scrawls more than anything else. 

• Like 22

3 hours ago, trizha1 said:

Ah..forgive me. IMO, that's a little too black and white to look at it that way. There has been many a time where people have cheated but have loved the ones they cheated on, so I don't know about the application of your analogy to this situation.

Historically, WS and HS had their kids 6(?) years into Gwangjong's reign. I'm assuming HS will die pretty close to the beginning of So's reign and so will have long been dead by the time WS and HS consummate the marriage. Is it still 'cheating' if the other person is dead?  

And you can definitely accomplish something without enjoying it, lol, I mean I dragged myself to school for years. And as for why he would do it multiple times..the healthcare system wasn't all that great in the 10th century. Its the reason people had so many kids, you couldn't be sure who would survive or not. 

We'll have to agree to to disagree on this one. I believe So loved HS forever, no matter what he had to do with YH for the sake for being King. 

Its not abt black and white..

But my point here is.. that there is nothing as true eternal love...

It would be too far fetched to assume that WS never gave into YH's feelings...and kept pining for HS..

@ blue : You can love more than one person..no denying that. BUT when you cheat on your partner, your partner basically does not remain the sole "person" in your life. Making love and physical intimacy is very much part of 'being in love. Its simple, you earlier mentioned that YH doesn't get to win WS ever... and I just think there is a BIG BIG fallacy in that argument... BECAUSE she does win him... she wasn't discarded by him (clearly).. and basically went on the have the perfect life she wanted to ( given story's context and the facts of the marriage)

It is indeed cheating, if your argument is that YH never won WS's love and WS always loved HS. I am not disputing if WS loved HS or not.. I am just putting forth the point that he DID NOT NOT LOVE YH

Hmm.. you are talking about WS.. who hadn't had gf or any woman.. fell in love with a woman despeartely.. waited for almost 6 yrs for her to give in to him... BUT couldnot control his hormones later on????.. You gotta decide.. whether it is ONE TRUE LOVE.. or just love which was there while it was there.. and then new people came into his life...You can't have it both ways!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, liddi said:

Conclusion after more than 6 hours spent with both versions (and we're not done yet!):

International version was definitely edited with a hacksaw, and Ep17 has the dubious honour of boasting the most choppy editing I've had the misfortune to see from this drama so far :crazy:

On the other hand, SBS version was probably reedited with only one brief in mind - maximum number of permutations to make the same episode almost unrecognisable in terms of scene arrangement, dialogue and so much additional footage to the same scenes in its internatioanal counterpart, that any attempt to untangle it will invariably result in outraged, frustrated howls that do not even remotely sound like So's soulful, albeit choking-on-bone animal sounds. :crazy::confounded:

IKR???? Such bad editing. A musical montage of So making edicts, the dinner scene, the nightmare/cuddle scene, set to I.O.I's upbeat song. Are we watching the same series as the editor/music editor??? Was he/she making an episode of a sitcom titled Adventures Time with So and Soo? Forget the DVD set of the Korean broadcast edit version of SHR, I want to give the raw footage to a competent editor and have him/her edit the entire series into a cohesive show with a score that matches the scenes.

• Like 13

8 hours ago, penelop3 said:

How did So know about CR being the traitor? Wook or Won told him?
I think its Wook, he told off CR and Won. 

I am a little confuse was RX also sickly in the c-version? 

Spoiler

I know she passed away quite sadly and weakly. But I am unsure if she died because she was already ill from the beginning? 

Either way, our hearts are in for a heart attack soon as the super angst moments are upon us. :bawling:

I think I'm gonna have to close my heart and eyes when I watch those moments. I can't take it. 

But what exactly is CR being punished for? For having a hand in killing CP right? I think someone said in the thread why was HS surprise at the punishment, I also am wondering why. I mean she is a traitor so she deserves to be punish that is how it worked then. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Artheusa said:

Well, he is not an ordinary person, he's the king and it's one of his duties among many to procreate so that his legacy can live on in his progeny. It's also important to keep the throne strong and safe. He needs many offspring and preferably male ones to do so. Infants die, people get sick very easily, many children don't even reach their teens, therefore they need to make more babies just to be safe. It has nothing to do with love. 

Does it have to be his baby to keep the wang's going on??? NO.. He needs to appoint someone whom he believes in..  There is no hard and fast rule of definitely being the king's child..

The deal is, if he chooses to be with a woman ( no matter what reason).. he has already given in to that woman to some extent.. and HS loses the place of being the ONLY ONE in his life...

My whole point is ( it doesn't matter whether he loves or does not love HS anymore.. I don't care.. in all probability he will love her forever).. that YH is not left without her king's love.. And if babies are all he needed..he could have had just one and made sure he is protected well enough to become a king later on!!

Flimsy water..

I am not faulting WS in this ..not at all.. BUT just pointing out that saying YH never received his love is kind of contradictory to what happened..

7 minutes ago, liddi said:

Here it is... and yes, he left the name of his successor blank:

Granted he was no longer lucid, but his handwriting is really awful... incoherent and near-illegible scrawls more than anything else. 

I am sure from narration point of view, 

they could not have shown WS committing treason..because that would change his entire DNA..

He is righteous..in whatever he does..he may rather have a head on fight and win the kingdom than being sly. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Does it have to be his baby to keep the wang's going on??? NO.. He needs to appoint someone whom he believes in..  There is no hard and fast rule of definitely being the king's child..

The deal is, if he chooses to be with a woman ( no matter what reason).. he has already given in to that woman to some extent.. and HS loses the place of being the ONLY ONE in his life...

My whole point is ( it doesn't matter whether he loves or does not love HS anymore.. I don't care.. in all probability he will love her forever).. that YH is not left without her king's love.. And if babies are all he needed..he could have had just one and made sure he is protected well enough to become a king later on!!

Flimsy water..

I am not faulting WS in this ..not at all.. BUT just pointing out that saying YH never received his love is kind of contradictory to what happened..

Yes sadly the harsh reality of such great empires is to keep the throne in house, hence they need children; not just one but many. 

I think it is not just the issue of procreating but also the idea of marrying YH for power. After all, YH comes from a powerful clan. With support on his side, that baby would have no issue in becoming king. Compare to having a baby where he will have to constantly fight for support to justify his authority (very much like what So is going through now).

i think true WS's heart will never be with YH, but if he had to think about the big picture and even HS when she looks at history she knows she can't be queen. So regardless he will have to marry YH. 

• Like 5

MOrning everyone. Its Tuesday 6.34am here. What they have done to me......

Before off to work, just wanna share i predict so much of heart break in tonight episode.

Be ready for WS YH marriage & their 1st night (YH hug WS & wants to make love with him:cookie:).

HS waiting at the place where WS stole his kiss on WS YH wedding night. WS go & try to console her

the rest we will see it together tonight:bawling:

• Like 10

6 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

SHR is taking over

Hide contents

Cvi03PvUsAAbShn.jpg

I would agree, the death scenes in this drama is very heartbreaking, I even pity Yo's death. Poor prince who didnt die glamorously with his beloved eyeliner and earrings. Even those abandoned him. :vicx:

@LyraYoo what do you mean by SH is taking over? I can't understand Korean?

• Like 1