[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

14 hours ago, irene123 said:

So are the purpose of those scenes to show us that WS, though good by nature, if pushed to the limits by the cruelty of palace life and of lack of love from people around him, would have become ruthless as Gwangjong? And HS prevents this from happening by giving him love and influencing him, bring out the good in him that she sees? 

@irene123 After reading last 3 sentences of your above post, here I'm again posting :blush:  I'm telling myself since last night not to post unless there is nobody saying/responding any particular topic for a couple of days as there are many new comers and new posts everyday to this lovely and lively thread that it has become harder to catch up for everyone and some points became sort of repetitive and somewhat uninteresting/ unappealing to read (at least for me)! It would've been nice and put everyone on same page if we check the first page of the thread before posting our questions or concerns as moderators and some frequent commenters/old bloggers have already put answers/ write-ups to more than 90% of those. Having said that, who will pay attention to cover page and notice the thread's index while thread is moving 20 pages or more everyday and drama is ON FIRE unlike some of us who were lurking for a few weeks before the drama actually aired (or since airing of the first episode) :P Do most of you know that IU and LJK were not even first choice or sure choice of the production team (except KHN was set stone from the beginning) and casting news were posted beginning of the thread???...if you know, Kyar,why're you yulping...your jokes aren't funny anyways duh!!!! :P:P:P Please be aware that this post might contain some of the points different people mentioned previously and I apologize in advance if this sounds repetitive and of no value to the thread :(:(:( 

"Bringing out the best in each other" SHOULD BE for every loving relationship and marriage. That was something I learned during my late teen years from US ABC 7 drama 'Seven Heaven' and something I hoped to achieve for my marriage (though that was another story)!  'You bring out the best in me' was inscribed in the wedding ring of Emily & Reverend and it instilled in me to do the same for wedding rings for unexpected arranged marriage (rolling my eyes) though it didn't happen due to lack of mechanical power to do small inscription inside surface of the ring back home. I really hope that this drama teaches a great lesson for both male and female in audiences in their teens, twenties, those yet to get married  and those that were already married that falling in love and especially marriage is such a blessing for two people among trillions of people to meet, solve life problems and walk life path together as one for many years till death due to fate and deed they sowed together during their past lives. Though I was NOT successful in cherishing and bringing out the best in each other with my ex as the effort needed to be made by both parties (I definitely tried more than 120%), I get really annoyed when I see marriage couples saying let's break up or get divorce easily even for very minute minor problem in life or unimportant argument or past event that did NOT even relate to them!

Time change and people change but you cannot except someone to change to a completely different individual for you!!! Having said that, love and marriage is among two people and it needs great effort to try to understand, trust, respect as an individual (regardless of age, gender, social status, education level) and make some mutual sacrifices/ accommodations for each other from BOTH, I repeat BOTH!!! Being a woman, I truly understand as women always wanting to be prioritized and be savior of someone life. Yes...people can change or rather can adapt/ accommodate different routines due to life circumstances as it requires it, however, it is just imaginary thinking of some of us to totally transform men to become a totally different people. 

You might wonder is Kyar getting crazy from lack of sleep...what's she talking about? My point is both NATURE and NURTURE play roles in shaping people personality, temperaments, thinking and dealing with life obstacles/ experiences :) There is No BLACK or WHITE but different shades of GREY exist in our life and human society and we were molded, adapted and changed by our inner genetic calling but also by our environment and life experiences. We can never evaluate an individual ONLY by their face values and our societal standards as they can be very biased!!! 

In MLSHR, like many of you mentioned, WS was intrinsically good by Nature but Nurture (his parents' way, environments he grew up and circumstances he encountered) gave his face values as someone scary, temperamental and lack of moral but in reality he was someone who was caring, understanding, considerate, royal, trustworthy and nice puppy who would give you back double or triple amount you offer to him. HS's understanding the fact that he had to kill those monks for his survival (although she did not truly get the truth of him needing his mother's acceptance) and her gesture of care for his emotional pain by telling him not to have night mares and live his life in palace to full with his family really redirected So's life path who had inner good building block unlike his parents with selfishness and insecurities. This also indicates that some society biases like "daughters like mothers and sons like father" and "family projects individual characters" could sometimes be untrue and different based on individual as everyone is made up differently. (I'm NOT saying all those saying are totally wrong or we should not totally disregard the environment one grows up in but I'm saying we should NOT based on environment or outside appearances alone especially like most of our Asian society elders are always saying).  For eg., women who had extramarital affairs or married more than once in life (either cuz divorced or widowed) were very much looked down upon in my culture and daughters of those women are considered undesirable for good families and they were expected to do the same as their mothers (believe this beliefs still exist and cause many bad outcomes for a lot of young women). It is the same like sons becoming drunks if their fathers are drunks. If you think reverse psychology, the truth is those kids who grew up in those environments might become those who very much scrutinized affairs/ unforgiving to even extreme extent and hated alcohol to the point of not even being able to withstand its sight due to bad experiences they faced during their earlier years!!! 

Wook, on the other hand, did NOT get to appreciate HS's guidance as she had never seen his bad/ cruel side while they were together and never got to know the real Wook with many insecurities, grudges, resentments and rebellious inner turmoils. It was his inability to live up to HS's expectations (per Wook's opinion not really HS's true thinking) that drove Wook to explode and bring out all his inner turmoils. Although his mom was never outright evil or scheming like cruel queen Yoo, she had a lot of resentments and unspoken grudge deep inside her heart that WW and YH could sense as her children. She brought them up to be proper, gentle, understanding, excellent in etiquettes and expected morals of Goryeo society, she did NOT achieve to teach or to relay inner moral goods/ securities as she, herself, was never brave enough to ruin her face value.  

In reality, Queen Yoo as well as WY were NOT evil.  Yes, they were very cruel and they showed their resentments and their desires outright for everyone to see. Actually, they were very unwise and sorrowful individuals for revealing outright/true with their inner feelings.  Those people in real life are very easy to deal with and avoid but Queen Hwongbo, WW and YH were very politically proper and magnanimous that we really won't know who they truly were. They buried their grudges deep and truly evil ones for not feeling remorse to backstab their close and loved ones. In real life, it will be very hard to predict what those individuals are thinking and avoid their backstabbing. Look @ WW and YH were very loving brother and sister in everyone's eyes and seemed considerate to each other's feelings and life, in reality, they were calculating each other debts towards them, what kind of benefits they would sew from another life's plans and how another status would raise their place in palace.  It is very very very awful to think....

If interested to read what is my reasoning behind Queen Yoo's sorrowful life you can read very end of this previous post...

• Like 14

@trizha1 I agree with almost everything here, I've been speculating whose death ceremony this is?? Has this scene been shown?! Cremation was widespread as Buddhist rite amongst aristocrats and ordinary people and burial wasn't in favour until 1382 when Confucian state of Joseon Dynasty was established (Davies and Mates, 2010:290). So even if it is HS it won't be as devastating as C-BBJX when 4th prince finds out RX wanted her ashes scattered so that she can finally be free from the shackles of the palace. 

tUV8euc.png

Also, if Ji Mong appeared next to her before she left, do you think Ji Mong is going to be by her side or the person who transports her back to reality? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

@trizha1 I agree with almost everything here, I've been speculating whose death ceremony this is?? Has this scene been shown?! Cremation was widespread as Buddhist rite amongst aristocrats and ordinary people and burial wasn't in favour until 1382 when Confucian state of Joseon Dynasty was established (Davies and Mates, 2010:290). So even if it is HS it won't be as devastating as C-BBJX when 4th prince finds out RX wanted her ashes scattered so that she can finally be free from the shackles of the palace. 

@yongwonhi4jfc I think this has been shown. It looks like Lady Hae's funeral back in episode 6....

• Like 11

8 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

The I honestly feel that MLSHR should be viewed as a work of art, rather than just a drama serial acted out by pretty faces playing for the popularity stakes. 

Hi i am impressed with your observation of the boat ride reflection and the honest kiss. I thought the reflection used at the lake were abit excessive but i guess the director has a purpose in doing that.

Another scene I like to highlight is the death if king Taejo. The bedroom was beautifully lit but he added a black organza to soften the lights in the background and also adding a sombre colour to the serious scene.

Yes one of the reason why I am so drawn to MLSHR is the visual artistic setup the director must have had some art training. 

• Like 22

7 hours ago, mitheone said:

A friend (honestly), wrote this online and  I think I can relate lol :P

On Monday and Tuesday:

1. excited for the new episodes of Scarlet Heart Ryeo
  2. looking forward to live recaps while waiting for subs
  3. laugh, cry, blame etc during live recap/airing and after it is finished
  4. anxiously waiting for SBS version to be subbed ( since I can watch the international version same time as SBS version)
  5. watch preview and anticipate plot for next episodes
  6.  read Soompi thread and comments from other sites while listening to the OST
  7. stalking IG, Twitter, tumblr, youtube etc for more info, news, photos and gifs to be shared

Wednesday - Friday

1.  re watch past episodes (SBS versions) and pay more attention to details or missed details
  2. read Soompi thread and comments from other sites while listening to the OST
  3. stalking IG, Twitter, tumblr, youtube for more info, photos or gifs 
  4. watch other K dramas to fill the void

Saturday - Sunday

1.  still reading Soompi thread and comments from other sites while spending my weekend, listening to the OST at least twice
  2. less stalking IG, Twitter, tumblr etc for more info, photos or gifs
  3. keep reminding myself that Monday is just around the corner
  4. watch other K dramas to fill the void

This 'productive' new daily routine is all thanks to these two leads:

P.S.  Need to get my life back on track after 5 more episodes

@mitheone it is honestly 100% accurate!!!

read Soompi thread and comments from other sites while listening to the OST --> LOL this is literally what I do everyday since MLSHR started! =D

• Like 19

@itzibitzispider hahaha fair enough - I want to hate WW more but I can't. He's a coward for sure, and everything he does are either too late or too selfish. But that small part of me that still love him after his regret for not expressing his love to Lady Hae before she died on his back.

moonlovers05-00719.jpg

moonlovers05-00765.jpg

(Credit to dramabeans for caps)

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

9 minutes ago, chi13lou said:

I love the thought of HS getting pregnant! Is it because of the caption of this pic?

and SD thinking she could be pregnant after kissing.LOL 

No .... because in the c-version she gets pregnant and loses the baby :(

Someone should have taken up the trouble and tell SD how babies are made ....

• Like 3

14 hours ago, dhia205 said:

HS should give wook some makeup lesson like she did to WS...

without HS everyone in goryeo turn weird, after witch hair crazy omma, lion hair WY, and now wrong shades for WW. 

poor them blacko-emoticon-08.gif?1292951355

@dhia205 I want Hae Soo to conceal Yeon Hwa's dimples. Every time I see them, it's bad omen. Same with Won's mouth! :D

@penelop3@riuenu I love to see Hae Soo giving Yo a run for his money.

@LyraYoo Thanks for the differences list. I didn't notice Yeon Hwa and So's dialogue at all.

10 hours ago, ruizaio said:

On DC, somebody mentioned how if Go Ha Jin's soul had entered Yeon Hwa's body instead of Hae Soo's, it would be a definite happy ending... ah well. 

10 hours ago, soorani said:

Lol, this is so true! If she was Yeon Hwa, they could've  evaded all the problems *sigh* 

@ruizaio@soorani It would be great if Hae Soo was adopted by the Hwangbo clan then she could marry So while Yeon Hwa could have been Wook or Yo's wife.

10 hours ago, n00nk3y said:

I need to sleep..I REALLY need to sleep.. :sleeping:

But this thread is moving faster than the speeding bullet train I'm afraid of missing something and have to backtrack many pages in the morning :bawling:

Slow down chingu-Ya..chaebal-yo.. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I feel you. That is me at night! :sweat_smile:

@shiraru So was once a vampire in another life so that's why he's hungry for Soo.

9 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop said:

1) boat scene 
the characters are on a boat floating on a clear lake. However, as they spoke to each other, their faces are obscured by the sunlight. This is to signify that although the situation is already clear (Wang So has already decided to marry his niece and let go of Hae Soo, Hae Soo has already chosen to accept Wang So by wearing the hairpin) the characters feel internal turmoil again when they meet each other face to face. (although the clear lake could also represent how both now understand the love they had for each other with clarity, their feelings for each other are pure, untainted and undisturbed despite circumstances) 

Neither could see each other's faces clearly in this scene because both are behaving dishonestly to each other in order to conceal the internal turmoil they feel, so their expressions are also obscured by the sunlight. Wang So is smiling and acting mischievously despite feeling the weight of his loss. Hae Soo is acting nonchalantly when in fact she is actually shocked by how disappointed she is and how much she values his words to her.

Your analysis led me to think about how So did not want to tell Soo about Yo ordering him to kill Eun and how Soo hid the fact that she was hiding Eun and his wife from So. They were having internal turmoil again.

2 hours ago, TeBe said:

Random fact:

I had some admiration for Wang Yo two times:

1) Stops his moms from getting the hope to rule Goryeo through him and puts her in her right place. When he told her to just enjoy her life as Queen mom and not get involved with politics, evil Omma happy moment was kept short and was really well a  real delight to watch her face with shock.

2) HumilIating YH! Not being fooled nor manipulated by Yeon-Hwa. Seeing her face, when he told her that her and her family are not suited be in laws to the royals, was really priceless. In your pretty face YH , in your damn pretty face that failed to seduce WY. :phew:

Dear Wang Yo, you are surely fairly evil towards EVERYONE, which I find kind of impressive ! I am being sarcastic

@TeBe It should be three times because Wook had to kneel before him too.

1 hour ago, sadpluto said:

I for one am looking forward to WS and HS finding out about her evil ways. If Soo has to die then I hope WS makes YH's life miserable for the rest of his days with her. Just torture her slowly.devil-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif?1292950507laugh-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif?1292950516

Also, I don't think that she actually loves WS. She's just curious about him. In one of the the earlier episodes Yo was being all aggressive towards YH and So came to save her. After he left she told Yo that she was curious about what it would feel like to tame a beast. I think that's all she thinks of So. A stupid wild animal who she would like to control so that in the future with her brains and his brawn they can take the throne. She would rule Goryo and he would be eating out of her hand and following her orders. She wants So to be her dog.afraid-pink-mouse-emoticon.gif?129295050

I don't want a realistic ending. F--- realism shooting-soldier-baby-emoticon.gif I watch kdrama to escape from reality. Why can't HS just travel back a 1000 years, find her soulmate and then rule the kingdom together in peace just killing everyone who looks at them the wrong way? LOL

Anyways, after posing the question "can love change history?" in the long trailer, I just don't want the writer to give us a slap in the face and be like,

NO! GROWN UP crazy-monkey-emoticon-135.gif?1292792414  love does not change history. Everyone is going to die and be miserable because I said so.

@sadpluto I agree with you. She wants attention, pretty much everyone has to pay attention to her and give her some respect. In episode 4, when the princes intervene to stop her from beating Hae Soo. She lost face. That moment showed that Yeon Hwa would not let anyone look down on her. Yet Hae Soo gets all the attention that she wanted.

@itzibitzispider :o The spider is infecting more victims with SoSoo virus! 

• Like 11

54 minutes ago, yongwonhi4jfc said:

Also, if Ji Mong appeared next to her before she left, do you think Ji Mong is going to be by her side or the person who transports her back to reality? 

Isn't that the ceremony for Lady Hae? I can't spot the difference...

• Like 1