[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

• Replies 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SBS Presents Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo                                                      Drama: Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Revised romanization:   Bobogyungsim

I suppose I can make a preliminary announcement to give some background information before the official call.  Media like DVD/Blu-ray don't sell very well in Korea, so creators of Kdramas don't r

KYAAAAAAAA I justsaw this on weibo, obviously its a continuation from her "peck" aahahhahahahahahahha I am such a goner.........................................

Posted Images

9 hours ago, lavendre said:

Btw how does IU managed to keep so calm and nonchalant after she gets to kiss LJG?! I mean dude, look at the way he looked at her before going in for the kiss. :wub:

my thoughts exactly...

how can she be so un-wavered and indifferent after being kissed by The LJK and moreover that stare - that look can melt any girl to mere vapors....how she is still standing nd her knees not yet giving in....*butterflies around me while writing it*

1 hour ago, Siracusa said:

Time travel is hurting my head. Who knew SHR would be Korean Game of Thrones mixed with Interstellar

chingu...hi fi for this...

I watched interstellar like 10 times and everytime i watch that movie leaves me in Awe and i too thought SHR to be very very near to it.

And finally..here i am spent one and half hour (after spending 8 hours in office) back reading last 15 pages (and thats my limit...my brain is just not taking anythig in at all) so i have to give up now...

you people are amazing to keep this thread always alive and entertaning..

@zi4r i tried soooooooo many times to vote but after clicking on Vote button it just keeps on loading and dint take any of my votes... :(

• Like 19
3 hours ago, stevii said:

i've read some of the comments about how HS is an unpredictable "variable" that humanizes WS. as much as i love that theory, but I, personally like it more if king gwangjong's ruthless character is actually a misunderstood history. He was seen as someone who murdered all his brothers, but what people in the future doesn't know is that he does all that because he was forced to do so. because of the pressure in the palace and because he had to protect people that he love. That would make it a full circle, that WS is actually just a kind guy who is misunderstood, starting from the "wolfdog' nicknames and how people are scared of him because he is said to be the murderer of the whole shinju clan. However, this theory does not explain other HS's premonitions (the evil gwangjong with heavy eyeliner and the part where WS is laughing after killing eun), well i guess it seems like that the theory of HS "taming" WS so he doesnt become that ruthless gwangjong thus changing history is more plausible. i love both theories, i just dont like it if in the end WS will still become ruthless because he is heartbroken because HS broke his trust or something. that will be too much </3

I actually had a talk with my cousins who were very into timelines and time travel. They gave examples from the Legend of Zelda and how link going to the future in "ocarina of time" caused different timelines to occur. One with him dead, one where he saves the world, and one where he is sent to the past to stop ganon from taking over.

Anyways back to SH lol

We know that one of HS's preminitions came true when Moo died. I talked with my cousins about this and they explain that a possible reason why HS had these preminitions in the first place is because she already saw it and expirenced it. You know how Go Ha Jin's soul is in HS? HS is not GHJ. But, Its possible that HS is the past Go Ha Jin. However, because HS had died, GHJ's soul switched into HS's body and now GHJ is living HS's life (her previous life). Because HS/GHJ has experienced and saw this happen already, its like dejavu in a way for her. Her past self, HS, has seen it already and its connected to her like a memory almost.

I think when HS first saw it though, she interpreted wrong by thinking that WS killed Eun out of enjoyment. Because.. wouldn't you be scared if you saw someone kill another??? When you look at the preview of 16, WS was devasted when he raised his sword to kill someone (im thinking its Eun and that this will happen T^T). HS's preminitions are true but she interpreted WS to be enjoying the kill when she FIRST saw her preminitions. 

BUUUUTTTT I COULD BE TOTALLY WRONG BC ITS JUST A THEORY. DONT QUOTE ME... LOL like I said, I'm terrible at explaining haha. All this time travel is so confusing tbh

Edited by shinaabby
  • Like 17
13 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

We know that one of HS's preminitions came true when Moo died. I talked with my cousins about this and they explain that a possible reason why HS had these preminitions in the first place is because she already saw it and expirenced it. You know how Go Ha Jin's soul is in HS? HS is not GHJ. But, Its possible that HS is the past Go Ha Jin. However, because HS had died, GHJ's soul switched into HS's body and now GHJ is living HS's life (her previous life). Because HS/GHJ has experienced and saw this happen already, its like dejavu in a way for her. Her past self, HS, has seen it already and its connected to her like a memory almost.

exactly my thoughts.... i already mentioned that in one of my posts a number of pages (a large number) back that GHJ was HS in Goryeo and have seen all that when it happened so when she is there now AGAIN she is seeing them as vision (deja vu) that you mentioned

*why m i not sleeping yet* addiction m still lurking here when I have to sleep with some Scarlet Dreams...ok now i m finally off to sleep.

• Like 10
2 hours ago, kdramawriter said:

The same person from Dramabeans answers this really well: KUDOS TO PATPAT WHOEVER YOU ARE

100 patpat October 12th, 2016 at 8:47 AM

I keep wondering about Soo’s premonitions even since eps 6 and so far most of them come true. I may overthink this but if the writer uses them as how I think he/she does, then he/she deserved loud applause.

So I rewatch eps 6, and apparently right after Soo collapsed from cutting her wrist, she had 4 premonitions and remembered that Gwangjong was the 4th king of Goryeo. I wonder why she got those ONLY RIGHT AFTER she cut her wrist. My theory is, by cutting her wrist she had caused something much, much bigger than just simply cancelling the marriage. If she got married to the king, it would cut her tie to Wook and So and everything that we see from eps 7 to eps 15 would not exist. By refusing to marry the king, she had triggered the chain of reaction that would eventually result in the events that she saw in her premonitions (King Taejo’s, Moo’s, Yo’s death, and Gwangjong with blurred face) and also result in Yo becoming the 3rd king, and So becoming the 4th king, instead of 3rd king like Jimong’s prediction and how the original history should have been. It explains why she remembered that Gwangjong was the 4th king ONLY AFTER she cut her wrist, because before that, the history shouldn’t have gone that way. That moment she cut her wrist is exactly the moment the whole history changed its course to the history that is now unfolding before our eyes.

On the rain ceremony, Soo got the same premonition of Gwangjong as before, only that this time he could see his face clearly. That’s because only on that precise moment where So succeeded bringing the rain that the future of So as Gwangjong was completely set, hence no more blurred face. So’s fate as Gwangjong had been sealed.

On Eun’s wedding, Soo got the premonition of SD lying dead and Eun being slaughtered by So. Their wedding was exactly what brought that tragic event to them. If Eun didn’t marry SD, then he would probably be slaughtered along with his family by the soldiers during Yo’s riot. SD wouldn’t have to die, and So wouldn’t have to kill Eun. That wedding pretty much sealed their fate and because of that, there Soo got the premonition.

The premonitions for King Taejo’s, Moo’s, and Yo’s death are pretty set up already, we’ve seen that two of them had happened exactly the same with her premonitions. But for the premonitions that involve So, which was her standing alone in front of the throne, we saw that So was actually standing with her in reality. And the premonition of So slaughtering Eun, from the preview we see that So doesn’t laugh frantically like he did in her premonition. The reality basically differs for these two.

IMO, these two premonitions show us how significant the change that Soo inflicted on him. The moment Soo saw these two premonitions, I believe So still had ambition for the throne. It was clear on the hell dinner with his mom, Yo, and Jung after Eun’s wedding that he did have his eyes on the throne, even if the reason was because everyone fought over it.

That version of So wouldn’t stand with Soo to defend Moo, and would happily slaughter Eun to get the throne, hence the premonitions come true. But from eps 10 to 15 we see how his feeling for Soo had been growing to the point that if he had to choose between Soo and throne, he would forsake the latter. He even became 0% interested with the throne. Therefore the premonitions don’t hold true anymore, and that’s why the reality differs. So stood with her in front of the throne, and he would still kill Eun but not with laughter, only horror and grief.

Soo’s wrist cutting basically changed the direction of the history, that is So to became the 4th king instead of 3rd, but he would still be the same ruthless Gwangjong who killed her brothers, nephew, and loyal subjects for the throne. It was her influence and love for So later that changed him in the way that instead of killing his brothers for the throne, he would become a king to protect them.

This! 

The POV that explains everything and will guide us in the next episodes. Waiting for the next episode to be aired is torture but at least thinking about what will happen next is easier. Patpat of dramabeans is brilliant! 

ETA: thank you, @kdramawriter, for sharing the post here on soompi. XX

• Like 12
7 minutes ago, KdramaSwimmer said:

exactly my thoughts.... i already mentioned that in one of my posts a number of pages (a large number) back that GHJ was HS in Goryeo and have seen all that when it happened so when she is there now AGAIN she is seeing them as vision (deja vu) that you mentioned

*why m i not sleeping yet* addiction m still lurking here when I have to sleep with some Scarlet Dreams...ok now i m finally off to sleep.

Oh really? I'm sorry :sweatingbullets: I haven't read all posts because this thread is moving soooo fast! Anyways, goodnight and have some sweet dreams of our OTP keke

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, shinaabby said:

Oh really? I'm sorry :sweatingbullets:it haven't read all posts becauss e this thread is moving soooo fast! Anyways, good night and have some sweet dreams of our OTP keke

Thats ok dear.. no need to be sorry. And as u saud that page was somewhere near 700 I guess.. so even I Try to look for IT I'd fail miserably.

I just couldnt contain myself to reply ur post cause ITs just what I thought and only Post talkinng abt GHJ being HS...(Only  Among  all small amount of posts I could read here managing my real life)

See I still cant log off soompi... bad habit die hard... I Bye bye Chingu... have a good day at ur end..

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

I liked the Queen (wife) of 4th prince in the C-Version. She was so nice and understanding with Ruoxi. I think Wang So will never know about YeonHwa's attempts to kill his beloved Hae Soo or his brothers (specially crown prince that he loved). Maybe is better for him to never know her true self so he can have a bearable life (with YeonHwa as a Queen) after Hae Soo's death. Maybe is better for Hae Soo not to know either all the things YeonHwa did so she can rest in peace, at least thinking YeonHwa is not that bad of a person. Is better specially for Wang So not to know but, as a viewer, it doesn't feel right. YeonHwa suffering of unrequited love is not enough of a punishment. Unfair... But life is more unfair than fair, so I think it would be realistic that way.  

But once she is back..she will watch scarlet heart and know.. right?

• Like 7

I have to say, my favorite scene in ep 15 is when WW is forced to get on his knees for the new king, he looked so humiliated and I was enjoying it ( I'm not becoming a sadist right :P ? ) and you know what I'll enjoy even more ? When WS becomes king and WW will have to kneel before him as we'll, hahahahahhahahah. Everything he's doing now and all the schemes and betrayals he's doing will be in vain for him, he will ultimately LOSE, big time.

• Like 15
1 hour ago, kdramawriter said:

Thanks for the screen caps!! I think this is an intentional background change for the simple fact that if they intended to be the same shot of WS as Gwangjong, they could have easily used the same footage again, but a different background requires a different setup, extended take times, and different files to access when putting together footage. So why do it unless there was a reason to do it. My theory is that when Gwangjong was obscured, WS was still going to be king, but the second vision of Gwangjong was cemented by HS's involvement in his life (by removing his scar and making it easy for him to be in the rain ritual). I trust in the writer, because when you review all the actions that have taken place up to this point, the logic is very sound and follows it's own inherent in-universe reasoning (meaning that the show has created its own universe and follows it's own logic). 

The real issue does lie in the editing of the story and the broadcast format which makes it very difficult to retain all this information. I think if this were somehow a Netflix show, we'd be putting the piece together a lot faster than waiting from week to week. Traditionally, Kdrama provide this information in a iterative way (that is, over and over again) and this one doesn't. I think that's what's causing a lot of confusion for the audience. 

True, true re: actual practical production reasons for the change being intentional. (I'm just a little paranoid when it comes to this drama since the production side can be so messy, lol.) I really like your theory though! Makes sense. (I wonder if the obscured Gwangjong had his scar then? :o ) I just wish HS wondered about her visions more, not only worrying/freaking out about it. Like... the WHY of it all... We the audience are left to wonder and speculate but HS hasn't been shown to do that onscreen.

And YES to the bolded part. I think that's definitely part of the problem.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

ah!!!!  i don't believe this... i'm being ignored :angry:

Where can I find BTS of ep 14 kiss ? 

PS: Dear GOd..if no one answers thsi post..make monday's episode cancel :P

Hahahaha calm down. :lol:

Here: http://www.vlive.tv/video/15137/이준기-은애한다-키스신-비하인드혼자-봐야하는-영상avi-※후방주의※

or here: http://tvcast.naver.com/v/1166704

• Like 21
1 hour ago, solelylurking said:

One of the reason we watch movies, dramas, listening to music or reading books is to feel emotions. To love or to hate is better than not feeling anything at all. 

Agreed. Every time Im Sun Hae comes on my playlist my heart hurts. Every. Single. Time. 

• Like 9

I have to say: after reading the theories behind how Soo's presence molded GJ into becoming a completely different ruler makes me appreciate the writer even more. I agree that some episodes have a LOT crammed in there but if you look back in EACH of the characters' complexities and the hidden meanings behind each episode, from soo's premonitions to the beautiful confrontation between So-Soo by the lake where Soo finally accepts So's love to ESSENTIALLY EVERYTHING (lol), this drama is absolutely brilliant! Yes, there were editing mistakes in the international version but man you gotta hand it to the ones involved with producing such an epic love story. It's amazing!

• Like 23
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner