[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

i dont understand.. but in my opinion, everything make sense.. i mean.. HS already decided to leave WS so whatever he does cannot change her mind.. Us, as viewers see in whole, that's why we sympathize and feel sad for WS because we see everyone is leaving him.

but if we put ourselves in the character's shoes for instance, if we see our beloved best friend turn crazy somehow, we would try to stick with them at first but eventually we will realize that no one will change that BFF's behaviour other than themselves. rather than us being unhappy, we would leave them right...

same with HS here, she doesn't know that BA will also leave So, its just that she already decided to leave WS and then richard simmons happens, and BA also decides to leave So for his own good too. and it seems like everyone is leaving So. we cant really blame anyone, its just how the palace works i guess... a lonely seat 

• Like 9

1. I'm so mad at the writer's shortcomings in this drama. 

2. Can't Hae Soo at least say once " I love you " to GJ?? 

3. I'm actually impressed with YH's acting in episode 19 it showed us her perspective of things which made me ponder : every bad/good person will think that they are right. There are many reasons for us to hate on her but she saw her brother change, her family got pushed to a corner before Hae clan helped etc. She wanted to have power partly maybe bc she can't forget the things Queen Yoo did to her Mother. YH once said before to her Mother," How can I forget this grudge? " She is ambitious, yes, but it's bc she has seen her Mother lower herself before Queen Yoo and she doesn't want that to happen to her. She has to be cruel in order to survive. YH almost got sent elsewhere to get married. There may be more instances but it's not developed in the drama. Every action has a reason behind. The past and experiences be it good or bad shapes one's self and this applies to all characters.

4. The fact that GJ's mind has never came across Wook as Hae Soo's lover makes him seem so ignorant and dumb which isn't logical at all considering the fact that he is sharp and can even detect CR's deeds. 

5. Hae Soo should learn to understand GJ a bit more and the fact that her character and actions always point to "Don't kill your brothers." is not substantial enough. I understand that she's a 21st person and her morals are like us but still it's a different era, people act differently. 

6. My speculations for tomorrow's finale: 

- We will see Hae Soo arrive at Jung's house and they get married in a simple ceremony. GJ has decided to hunt down everyone (( I'm hoping Won )) that has caused this mess and will eliminate everybody. We see Hae Soo's health deteriorate and her longing for GJ. She's writing his poems all over again. Meanwhile GJ will think of her when he is alone. HS desperately wants to meet GJ for the last time and pens a letter to him, asking Jung to deliver. However Jung masks her letter underneath another letter as her handwriting is so similar to GJ it could be considered as treason. However the letter gets rejected as GJ thinks Jung is trying to get back at him. Hae Soo dies with Jung saying," How nice would it be, if we met in another time, another period."  and gets cremated. By the time word gets to the palace it's too late and GJ is in denial and shouts " without my permission u cannot die " fast forward he gets her ashes and scatters it at the Miryang Lake. Go Ha Jin wakes up and researches about the ending of the princes, searches about GJ and visits places he has built like Temples or observatory ( stargazing ) she meets a lookalike and starts crying 

- ALTERNATIVELY, GJ makes it in time but Jung refuses to let him see Hae Soo for one last time because an eye for an eye since GJ did not allow Jung to see Queen Yoo before she died. 

I sincerely hope tomorrow it'll be a nicely wrapped up episode, to end SHR on a good note be it in the Goryeo Era or Modern Era. Till then, eclipses x 

• Like 20

9 minutes ago, sosooyah19 said:

it was because its 40 episode i guess, all the characters and scenes make sense, as compare with rushed k-version.... you could feel how rushed it is.. it would have been great if they made it 24 episodes (some sageuk play at 24, so why they cant make that)

They were too ambitious? too greedy? bad decision making by some idiot who sits at the head of the table? I think it's all three.

10 minutes ago, inner said:

About the series execution...

Can someone do a count of how many times the EP of this series allowed the same shot of HS (IU) face's close up in this series? Hmm...20 eps , so least 20x i gather? I swear there are some eps with 2 x of her closeups.  I'm honestly sick of seeing her face. 

Talk about having a lack of creativity and playing the same trick to ad nauseum.....   

And come to think of it... it's quite flippant the way HS and WS meet ... The time he came into the room as she was about finished with her bathhouse gals about her marriage to Jung and the time she was walking snail pace inside a room and he just came from the opposite direction towards her, to confront about her first bf. 

I don't know about you but it's just pure laziness in setting the stage for these scenes. The king/emperor would have people announced his presence... even if the king/emperor stopped the announcement...the whole scene seems like its any other chap walking in to catch 5 mins with his friend.  The bathhouse gals went off without even addressing the emperor who is Mr Execution Crazy mind you...

And the second scene,  if they set it up properly... it could be even more dramatic and touching. oh well......

Errr.....  i call this just pure laziness of production and execution.

THIS,

So true. The way they treat the king is just so unbelievable, it's like he is just another palace person walking around the place.

• Like 12

If Hae Soo and Wang So will meet in the future I wonder if this time their relationship will last forever. :huh: I mean we all know the reason why their relationship failed in Goryeo era. In modern time that  goryeo reason may not be applied

I hope WS's reincarnation in the future wouldn't have terrible childhood that could turn modern WS into someone ruthless, possesive like goryeo Wang So.

Lol what am I talking about here :P I just wish they have a second chance in the future......please.....writer......I hope you give us preview of their future in the next episode........it's okay if it's just 5 minutes before credit....no, we actually need more than that.....please :bawling: 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, pwnkl said:

I know.. Won is still sneakily smirking behind everyone.. and YH is the richard simmons victorious of them all here.. doesn't matter if she ain't get the love her greed is stronger than her so called love.. That's one more, I can't believe how she'll pick a traitor over her selfless faithful lover.. she even said CR was sincere? then is WS insincere for crying out loud, the man drank poison.. the man is ready to fight the world for her and even willing to give up his own happiness for who? for HER! for HS. I know she loves WANG SO and that's what frustrates me.. 

The furious illogical me right now: wants the kdrama to end up with the novel.. where she ain't gonna have 2nd chance. blacko-emoticon-09.gif

RIGHT! WELL SAID! I'm really in a disbelief here.. she stick at Wook's side despite of the countless of broken promises... and holy HE EVEN TURNED HIS BACK ON HER when she needed him the most. How can she not do that with Wang So? How will I accept this fact? scratching-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

*sigh* you're just right..... tsk tsk.. there is really trust issues here, since WS / GJ could kill (she always reminds him that right)..

maybe in HS mind in the past, 8th cannot kill anyone - reason why she hoped, except that WS incident where WW rebelled that she finally let go..

but if im HS (hahahahaha) ill stay simply because i cannot let him be alone when people leave him one by one... CR betrayal, though it hurts, i may understand.... oh well...

• Like 10

This is my opinion.I know most of you won't agree to some of the things I'm about to say but I'll say them anyways.If you want to read,read with an open mind okays?:)

Maybe I'm at an acceptance stage right now because,honestly,I didn't react as horribly as I thought I would.I didn't end up wailing or bawling over the tragic events that has happened in this episode.I did tear up a bit but my tears didn't even spill out.Surprisingly,they went back into my eyelids(okays that sounded weird).

Whatever has happened was meant to happen.We can see how miserable HaeSoo was in this episode.The palace was suffocating her.That's why I was actually rooting for her to get out of the palace.That's why I understood why she smiled.Yes,she smiled.But it wasn't one of extreme joy or bliss.There is that sadness behind that smile.She still loves WangSo.She really still loves him.She said that she would rather leave him then than let hate be all that is left between the both of them.So she attempted any method to get out of the palace.She knows WangSo loves her too much to let her go so something extremely horrible has to happen for him to let her go.It will devastate both of them individually but in order to get out of the palace,she has to go through it.For her sake and for his.It's not just ChaeRyung's death.So much sorrow,guilt and hatred has been pent up inside of her that has led to her wanting to get out of the palace.HaeSoo has made her choice.And she relentlessly tried to get her wish fulfilled.The only regret here was meeting WangSo.If she had not met him,she wouldn't have to love him so much,go through so much and miss him so much til the day she dies.

I pity WangSo.He has ignored what others have said-you cannot have both the throne and your loved one.In the end,everyone he trusts and holds dear are leaving him.It is lonely at the top and unfortunately,WangSo learns it the hard way.I think another of WangSo's mistakes is that he has a few people that are very close to him who have way too many weaknesses to be near him at the top.Take for example,Jung.Let's just say if Jung was in BaekAh's position,at least he is good with swordfighting.BaekAh is an artistic person who is not skilled in politics or weapons.Another example-YeonHwa.What if YeonHwa was in HaeSoo's position?She is cunning,ambitious and has support from a powerful clan.No one would dare use her as they would with HaeSoo who has a questionable background and no title.Kindhearted beings like BaekAh and HaeSoo are just not fit to be in such a harsh environment like WangSo who has been trained in such harshest conditions for years.I hate how broken he is at the end of the episode especially when he says that HaeSoo was the one who let go of him and not vice versa.But I believe the separation has to occur.It is for the best.It could prevent worse things from happening like further use of HaeSoo as a pawn or worsening of their relationship til nothing is left but indifference.       

*Opposite of love is not hate.It's indifference.Indifference is worse than hate.*

Things I'm still unsure of:

-Who did Wook confess for?YeonHwa,HaeSoo or himself?(cos' maybe he'd want to do it to absolve himself from guilt)

-Why did WooHee commit suicide?Because of guilt,her people were treated harshly or she felt betrayed by her own people?

-What's with WangSo and YeonHwa behind the red curtain?I read some of you said that he did it with her.If that is the case then can I just treat the scene as if they were just discussing behind the curtains and nothing more than that?I'd hate to think that he did it with that wretched richard simmons.

Anything else I missed?I will watch again after my lessons tomorrow so my feelings and thoughts that I have now may change.I'm not feeling dread or distraught after this episode though.I'm actually hopeful and excited.It will be torture the whole of tomorrow since there is no preview and most likely no still cuts or spoiler scenes.Seeing how episode 19 ended,does this mean there is plenty of time to show the 21st century scenes?How long can the scenes showing HaeSoo's life with Jung,her death and WangSo's grieving scene be?Then again...there was that picture of Wook with a moustache and beard I think.Would they be showing snippets of WangSo's life after HaeSoo's death til the day he dies?So many questions on my mind.As much as I don't want this whole MLSHR journey to end,I anticipate what is to come tomorrow.Writer nim!Give us a Good Ending!

*BTW,I was just thinking...when will HaeSoo tell WangSo or at least anyone that she's from the future?At least tell someone woman!Then WangSo knows he somehow still has hope and can keep on living til he dies.Oh,and for those who are pissed about HaeSoo saving Wook...I have chosen to believe that HaeSoo is just too kind(we can never even touch her level of kindness.It's unbelievably too high for us to fathom).That plus she knows he shouldn't receive such a harsh punishment for a dead falcon which he didn't kill and she doesn't want WangSo to be infamously known as a bloody king.(In my opinion,if Wook should be punished then let it be known publicly all the behind the scenes planning that Wook has done and then punish him accordingly.)I guess that was what HaeSoo must have thought;That's why she saved him.Then again,it would have been nice if we were given more HaeSoo monologues so we understand what exactly is going on in her mind.

• Like 16

34 minutes ago, antiherofans said:

I hate this episode

Why WH has to commit suicide? Can't she just talk to her people? I don't understand it yet.

And YH consummating the marriage with WS ? I HATE YOU STUPID WRITER, ARE YOU LISTEN TO ME????? I HATE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HS is marrying Jung and leave the palace? I DON'T CARE. GO LIVE YOUR LIFE.

YH and Won don't get their karma? WHY DON'T YOU TWO JUST DIE ALREADY??? SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH

GOD, I EVEN HATE WANG SO NOW......

I HATE EVERY THING :angry:

I am so sorry for the rant. I need to get this out of my system. This episode is depressing, I can't even cry.

I need to watch running man, go to sleep and hope next morning I can think clearly.

Right now, I just can't :(

Heartbroken :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

Okay, now I am crying, finally :bawling:

It is impossible for woohee to talk to her people about it because they have been betrayed time and again by people like wangyo and that evil minister. That's why when she dies she said she was paying for their crimes. Even if she were alive, her identity would put baekah in danger because the goryeo clansmen would want to kill her. Her death was the only way for hubaekje people to accept the new king.

im assuming that so and yeonhwa haven't consummated their marriage cause of their conversation and yeonhwa's anger when so can't let soo go.

i think wook and won will get their karma tomorrow. I hope won dies a painful death. He was why eun, seondeok and partly woohee died, and why baekah is so miserable. He made use of chaeryung and was part of all the evil schemes. Urgh

ive been crying through the whole episode. Or rather I was crying through woohee's death and then I became numb completely throughout the rest of the episodes. 

My desired ending would be that when so wakes up back into the future as ha Jin, she sees woohee, baekah, seondeok and eun who saves her and the boy from drowning, they become friends, she meets so and lady oh (who I hope is his mother cause she would have loved him) and all of them help ha Jin to get back at her ex as well as get her house back. And all couples get their desired end. 

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, berny said:

So sleeping with YH...ewwwww

repulsive.

yeah that one could have waited...or  now that they are coping and pasting ,they could have made YH like her BXX counter part..not no... 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, junejungki said:

The book was HS diary written in Hangul. Chae Ryung stole it from HS. Remember when Wook's mother went to WS abt against his intention to get married to HS? Queen Hwangbo was the one who overheard CR & Won talked abt CR to stay in the palace to spy on HS

Oh was it? Maybe i got crossed eyed for a moment from watching two streams at the same time. I thought I saw Chinese characters and not hangul. Thanks for the clarification chingu.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yippeuni said:

same here eonnie.....the first time ever I don't even want to watch the finale too.....

Wang So yaaa...if you happen to be reincarnated DON'T EVER FALL IN LOVE TO SOMEONE NAME GO HA JIN....just look for another woman....YIPPEUNI is better than her  cici05

Though I don't agree with your first sentence. Ep 19 is sad but it's a beautiful sad. It's bitter yet sweet.

But I love the highlighted one. It's funny. :)

• Like 8

Episode 19? Hmm let me see. I was expecting to be utterly sad but surprisingly I wasn't.  I was expecting WW to end up looking horrible but he looked normal.  I want to see Won die but I guess we need someone to lie and lie and lie. I guess I'm still numb from the disappointment and sadness from the previous episodes.

My other half watched ep 19 with me and made this remark:   IU's character has no sense of motivation.  Are you sure she's from the 21st century?  

My reply: Hmmmmmmm...... Same as both of the leads below

• Like 13

Spoiler

RO42939128_w1000_h0.jpg

This was me while watching the episode, I really needed WS to comfort me. 

How I feel right now, after watching tonight's episode.  

Spoiler

giphy.gif

During the last scene I was expecting WS to walk out just as HS leaves and then she turns, tears in her eyes noticing him (which would be her premonition of him turning around coming true) but no, our otp is just destined to be miserable. Well, at least HS's wish to leave the palace has finally come true, after years of wanting to leave she's now finally left the palace and once again HS (and of course with the help of Jung and even Yo) saved herself just like how she cut her wrist to save herself from marrying the king.   

I think right now I don't mind how episode 20 goes, I've become immune to watching WS losing everything, GJ going crazy cleaning up the mess his greedy brothers have caused, and of course watching HS suffer and at least one character die per episode. I'm ready for more heartache but one thing I won't be able to handle anymore is YH.
She's become queen, good for her, she know's what she wants and she know's how to get it. She's one of the character's who's managed to fulfil almost all of her goals, but can we please not have her achieve anything else in the last episode, as a viewer I know historically her and WS have children but can we be spared from WS granting this wish of hers. If YH wasn't portrayed as such a cunning character I don't think I would have minded her and WS making babies. If she can give WS happiness then I'm down but throughout the drama YH has been such a sly fox that the thought of her being the one character that get's everything she's planned for is going to drive me crazy forever, I would seriously be seeking psychological help. 

The most frustrating thing to watch during this episode was how there was quite a few scene's between our otp BUT in all of them it's either HS rejecting WS touch or WS refusing HS touch. :crazy: 

I thought Nam Joo Hyuk as BA did an excellent job at acting in this episode, imo it was one of this best episode's. I always found his expression's to fall short in some scene's but he most definitely delivered in today's episode. ^_^

I'm glad there's no preview, tonight's episode didn't excite me as much because I already knew what was going to happen to I was mentally prepared and wasn't surprised at all with everything that happened. Which is why I'm so excited for the final episode, I'm ready to be surprised. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 19

You know the ranking of my sympathy/love for the characters this episode?

#1 WS/GJ

#2 JM (cuz he didn't do anything much at all)

#3 YH (yes, she ranks this high...... because I can stand "evil" more than I can stand "stupid")

#4 Won (he was kinda useful, after all)

Everyone else can flush themselves down the toilet. YOU'RE ALL DEAD TO ME!!! kill-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?129279377

P.S. Please, everyone....... Try not to take anything I say tonight too seriously.

• Like 23

alright alright peeps, I'm packing my bags, I'm ready to leave goryeo, or should i say GORE-yo. with all them deaths. Now everyones gonna drop dead like flies. Won, Wook, who knows maybe BA, now i don't really care anymore who gets poisoned, hanged, shot by arrows, knifed, poisoned by freakin' mercury, whatever. I'm done with goryeo. When I wanted WS-HS ship to sail, i boarded, i waited, i got it, then i was ready to see GJ- I saw it, it was good while it lasted and now that YH is queen, its all going to cr-p. So I'm packing my bags, packing some oreo for the trip, hand sanitizer, my headphones and music library ready for the road, lets GO TO SEOUL. where we all belong  IM READY FOR GO HA JIN AND THE 21ST CENTURY. GIMME IT, NOW.  

• Like 15

30 minutes ago, qwenli said:

Just forget about ep19 people.

Dun fall into the writer's trap.

Am keeping my faith for tomorrow.

Remember to download vlive app to watch joongi's event from 9.10pm just onwards.:)

Can I get that app from App Store ?

• Like 2

I tried not to come here, but only 10 minutes into ep.19, so much to rant already... Poor So, kept being pushed away by HS. I'm beginning to have no sympathy left for HS. And then that vicious Wook, and Won, using BA to pressure So. Poor So. I officially hate Wook now. Yes King GJ, go ahead and show your fangs now. Seriously, like someone mentioned earlier, when you corner a wolf, it will surely bite back.

Okay, back to viewing. (still not successful in downloading, streaming for now)

• Like 11

tumblr_ofx1l8c2aP1tdfsf6o2_540.gif

tumblr_ofx1l8c2aP1tdfsf6o1_540.gif

I think the last scene will be a replica of this exact moment, but set in modern times, with the two actually locking eyes with each other (and in true k drama style, in the middle of a crowd)

Also someone mentioned they would like to know what GJ was reading before HS left. It's not HS's diary, but "Zhengguan Zheng Yao - a summary of the important points of taizong's governance", a book by Emperor Taizong of Tang (it is credited in Wikipedia as "difan"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwangjong_of_Goryeo) It is often used as an exemplary  text for kings to learn how to govern effectively. 

• Like 16