[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

9 minutes ago, blue003 said:

I think most probably what WW would want is to have both the cake and eat it at the same time. He wants the girl and the throne. HS is the love of his life and according to him right now, he needs the power of the throne in order to protect her. But the irony is that in order to get the throne, he will have to show his true colors and in a way it might scare HS as she has always thought of him as gentle 

You haven't answered the question I asked.

There are a lot of assumptions in your analysis..but i do appreciate the perspective.

But again, should he say yes or no? And why?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, blue003 said:

Remember the episode when he is covered in blood and was attacking the stone piles. Any normal person would have ran away from there but HS tried stopping him and pointed out that he was hurt and asked if he was hurt else where. Then later on even when she gives him a list of not to do s, she also gently tells him to take care which no one has ever told him before. He even pushed her away cos of the mask removal but even then she still went to him with the bb cream solution. That's what he must have meant

Oh thanks for explaining. So he meant she had seen his worst and accepted kind of.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

You haven't answered the question I asked.

There are a lot of assumptions in your analysis..but i do appreciate the perspective.

But again, should he say yes or no? And why?

He will not give up the throne for her. His argument would be why can't I have both?

And again, he does have his family to think about. End of the day, he needs the power to take care of his family

• Like 7

It’s understandable that HS continues to not process the Lady Oh and WS’s advice that the palace is a dangerous place and she needs to be more careful. Until episode 10, nothing seriously bad has happened to her or anyone she cares about.  She’s supposed to be in her mid-twenties at the start of the drama, and I think the older we are, the more unconsciously stubborn we become about our view of the world.

So, I think it makes sense that a drastic event like Lady Oh’s possible death and seeing WS almost dying to shift HS’s view of palace life.

• Like 17

1 minute ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

So does that diminish sanctity of his love for her? (thnks for the reply)

If you are asking if he purely loves her, my answer right now would be yes. Like many of the earlier posts mentioned by the other members, he is taking too much time in reaching a decision. His ability to not take action at the right time will cost him a lot...

• Like 11

the moment 4th So becomes a threat to crown prince, the emperor throws So away =.=

also, crown prince seems to be not that wholehearted either. i felt like crown prince was giving So the side-eye when So stares at crown prince hoping crown prince would trust and believe in So's innocence when emperor decided to send So back to Shinju.

and 3rd Yo is determined to come back alive from the "go die and never come back" mission that emperor has given him.

anyway, i skipped few scenes. was there "i'm sorry" scene from So to Soo?

8th Wook's possessiveness is finally coming out of him.

Yo is trying to make an alliance with both Wook and Yeonhwa. i'm hoping Yo is trying to make his own allies that are apart from his mother's, empress Yoo's. i want him to be his own villain. i'm actually upset that there is no moment of Yo thinking over the "emperor's mother" slap scene where Yo realized true nature of his own mother.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, sriskaddict said:

As someone mentioned "when in Rome do what romans do". That's exactly what hs needs to do if she want to survive in that harsh environment. Being radical will cause her death.I remember in c-version rouxi was really composed and cautious when she was in palace.even when dealing with Princes especially if my memory serves me right she bit 4th prince but then she said if he really wanted to force himself he could do so. She knew how bad and confining that society was. Her morals were same as of 21st century but adapted to that society quite well.

But hs is still free spirited and a little naive for palace life. I do think court lady death will shake hs.and bring a real change in her perspective.

Many people do think wook is coward but I understand him. I think best choice for him will be to leave hs, and for that I won't blame him. He has a lot to loose if he chooses hs and that's really a hard decision. Of both of them tries to be together I don't really see a good future.

Hs-so ship I think has a long way ahead of it and it has not even sailed properly. I think so will be gone for a while(may be some war), and that will make hs  miss him and realize her possible attraction for him if any. It will be a nice parallel to rouxi realizing her feelings for 8th price while she was away on trip After poison sequence, all of a sudden hs cant start to love so. Their bond might get strengthened.

Soooo slowly, really, so slow steps towards her love (love?) with Wang So. It's already 10 episode passed, and So-Soo ship is still not sailing, probably 11-15 Hae Soo will be recovering from punishment (don't forget there is also space for other stories, love stories and history), so very very slowly probably to 18th episode Hae Soo finally will realize her feelings for Wang So. Great! Brilliant! Nice girl! 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I agree with your comment that Hae Soo doesn't know Wang Wook well as he has never shared his true thoughts and feelings towards her. He never wanted her to worry. Hence she only saw the nice and gentle side of Wang Wook. But there is more to it. Deep down, she doesn't want to face reality. One clue is the meeting in the woods.  First, she saw Wang Wook's face in the woods. He had that dark facial expression. But did she really notice the dark side of Wang Wook? IT could be... I had the impression that she felt guilty. But was her guilt connected to Wang Wook's dark face or rather because she had caught by her boyfriend. However, she tried to ignore his jealousy. 

Later, when he met her in the cavern, she sensed that he was upset. He denied that he was mad at her but she didn't question him further. She could have tried to confront him, no she took his words for granted. However, he was mad and jealous and she sensed it. Just after his proposal, she asked herself if he wouldn't change. And this illustrates her fear of change: she chose Wang Wook because she felt safe. However, confronted with the proposal, she is insecure. She hates change, but since she doesn't want to see the reality, the ugly and dark sides of people /her boyfriend, she will be sooner or later confronted with reality. IT is not that people change all the time, in Hae Soo's case, she is just denying the existence of the dark side coming from people. No wonder, if she is betrayed so often... she ignores signs and it is on purpose. I wrote about it a few days ago and her monologue in the cavern proves to me that I was right. 

Another clue is in the episode 9: when she met Wang So in the rain, she started doubting if that kind of person could kill his brothers after hearing that he was so happy to be aknowledged by his father aso. Then she convinced herself that she could do it, she could change him. She asked him to stay like he was now: nice to people, not let his emotions do something terrible, control his temper aso. The word change is often repeated and it is on purpose. In Wang So's case, she fears that he might change for the worse therefore he has to be like he is now or change for the better. So changing is what she fears the most. Due to her fear, she thinks, she has to change Wang So because she thinks, he will be the one who changes. However, in the cavern, she starts doubting Wang Wook... if she marries him, will he be the same man before her marriage? To me, deep down, she knows that she doesn't know Wang Wook well. But she doesn't want to doubt people, she always wants to see the best in people. This is not going to work.

As for Wang So's obsession and possessivness, I would say that I am not bothered about it at all, because this could be seen as something positive. His words and behaviour points out his strong will and determination to get what he wants. When he mentioned, he might kill the person loved by Hae Soo, I didn't take it as a real thread. It is his usual way to behave: he keeps threatening but in the end, he doesn't do it. When he was about to apologise to Hae Soo (he had told her, once he had apologised, he would kill her), he didn't really mean it. He likes inducing "fear" and since he has been doing it for a long time, even before he met Hae Soo, I can't imagine, he would drop this kind of habit. I believe that his real obsession and possessiveness will appear later, when they are a couple. Now, he is confident, yet as soon as they are a couple, their quarrels and lies spread by others could undermine his confidence and trust. 

@LyraYoo Nice comparison between the two meetings: Wang So - Hae Soo  vs. Wang Wook - Hae Soo. good job onion headcrazy monkey

I would like to add two or three things:

1) Wang Soo did what Hae Soo wanted in the first place. After having the second vision, she was so scared that she told Wang Wook to take her away from the palace, she needed to leave. Interesting is that Wang Wook did nothing, well aware that he couldn't disobey his father. On the other hand, after the kiss, Wang So realises how nervous and scared she is, so that he decides to take her away from the palace. Striking is that he had no idea he was doing what she deep down wanted, although she only had told him to go away. This proves to me that Wang So knows Hae Soo much better than Wang Wook. And he was right: her fear comes from the palace. Her visions are all related to the people living there, trying to kill each other.

2) Interesting is that Wang So took her to the sea. We know that Hae Soo is related to water. And then I noticed something: when she saw the sea, her face changed. She looked calmer and even better. So again, Wang So did the right thing. He knew that the palace is such a prison and it must have burdened her so much, especially after she had mentioned to him, she doesn't want people to determine her life. So sea symbolises open area reinforcing the idea of freedom. She could breathe again and due to her panick attack, she couldn't breathe normally. Wang So proves to me that he is a very smart and keen observer.

3) In the cavern, Wang Wook proposes to her and marriage can be seen as a new prison. The moment she becomes his wife, she will have to follow him and live in his house. Look how the Queens and concubines are living in the palace: they are not free at all. So in the end, Hae Soo would leave a prison for another prison. Striking is that she is afraid of it because she knows that she will have to rely on him. Will wang Wook be the same man? Will he always treat her like that? Therefore, the contrast is really telling: While Wang So said to Hae Soo, he will make sure that she is his, he is telling her that he will do anything for her: He is offering protection in exchange for her love and affection. This is more an equal relationship. Please, don't misunderstand me here: I am talking about marriage in the 10th century where wives were under the authority of their husbands. I am not saying that a marriage is like a prison nowadays.

Finally, we see more and more carresses: Wang So loves touching her. First he carressed her hand, he was not taking her wrist and his touch was so gentle. Funny, we saw no big reaction from Hae Soo.   And then we have this!!

@fathiayunia @dramu51ch0c10ve

@syeramy@40somethingahjumma @littleloony @Yongzura @valsava  @junee22 @evie7

Chingu, I too am not bothered by his possiveness. He is so darn sexy and knows how to fight for what he wants. He is honest and so damn loyal. KNowing that he would die for her and loves Hae Soo for eternity makes it ok for him to be possesive. 

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hypothetical question

What i understand from sageuks is that when a prince or a nobleman is taken down (killed) , his entire household including servants etc are killed. because back in time, they are his people (loyal to him) and if left alive can plan a revolt.

So, if HS asks Wook to choose between throne and herself.. 

1. If Wook chooses HS - would that be a ethical choice?

2. If Wook doesn't choose HS - does that mean his love was true or that he wasn't serious about her?

No choosing hs will not be logical or reasonable choice for wook. Even though his love might be true, but risking everything for love doesn't seem right. (I might sound like a selfish person, but I will also chose my family over love if I am in goryeo rather than love fantasy). That's why wook is more relatable to me. He is normal. I don't really think he is that kind of guy who will do anything or everything for love. Still I appreciate him trying go other way round. That must have been tough for him.

If I met him in real life we might have better chance of hitting it off rather than So.but since it is a drama u need to different to be a hero.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, sriskaddict said:

Many people do think wook is coward but I understand him. I think best choice for him will be to leave hs, and for that I won't blame him. He has a lot to loose if he chooses hs and that's really a hard decision. Of both of them tries to be together I don't really see a good future.

Hs-so ship I think has a long way ahead of it and it has not even sailed properly. I think so will be gone for a while(may be some war), and that will make hs  miss him and realize her possible attraction for him if any. It will be a nice parallel to rouxi realizing her feelings for 8th price while she was away on trip After poison sequence, all of a sudden hs cant start to love so. Their bond might get strengthened.

Actually I agree and I said that a long time ago.

But he won't because he thinks he can have it all. The fact that he's only getting off his backside now shows that his intentions haven't been all that pure as some people think. Someone encroaches into his territory and now he shows his teeth.

That said, I love badass KHN. 

• Like 14

51 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Regarding the killing aspect, WS's character is completely out of context. I can't find one instance show to us or one trait shown to us where he would suggest such a preposterous thing. And worse, the moment these words are said, his love loses credibility...HS's love towards him loses credibility..their being together loses the charm of a true love story

If you watched the RAW that line was said in such an offhand way - as if he wasn't at all serious. So I think you might be placing a little too much emphasis on it.

BUT even if it was - that doesn't hurt the credibility of his love because there isn't one kind of love in the world. I think what is important to realize is that everyone loves differently. You are judging this character on your 21st understanding of a positive healthy IDEAL relationship would be. But no love is perfect. Every relationship has problems. Even today.

After all how could Wang So honestly know that his comment would be seen aggressively? He's never loved. He doesn't know or understand the feeling - he can't even tell the difference between friendship and love. He has to learn how to love. That's what makes the story interesting! We're watching him figure it out.

I mean imagine for a second you had never tasted a

banana. The first banana you EVER tried was one that wasn’t ripe enough. It would taste slightly bitter but still kinda good. How would you know that ALL bananas

don’t taste that way? How would you know that a normal banana is suppose to be sweet and soft, not hard and bitter? You wouldn't unless someone tells you or you finally experience it for yourself. Same thing with Wang So and Hae Soo. Love is his banana. He has NO concept of the positive way to love. He doesn't know what 'a true love' should do, or say, or be.  That doesn't mean he doesn't feel love or that it doesn't mean something. It means he doesn't realize how amazing and special it SHOULD feel. We just have to wait for Wang So to ripen up a bit - eventually he'll grow up and realize what he SHOULD be doing.

(ps. Its also not like he's not forcing him to love him back. He's just forcing her to be near him. Hae Soo allowing So to love her is enough for him.)

• Like 24

5 minutes ago, Lady_Lara said:

Soooo slowly, really, so slow steps towards her love (love?) with Wang So. It's already 10 episode passed, and So-Soo ship is still not sailing, probably 11-15 Hae Soo will be recovering from punishment (don't forget there is also space for other stories, love stories and history), so very very slowly probably to 18th episode Hae Soo finally will realize her feelings for Wang So. Great! Brilliant! Nice girl! 

I really think the real otp romance will start quite late.there might be some tid-bits here and there,some eye to eye or physical attraction hints,but official romance will start near the end only. And will end fast too.

• Like 10

A part of me wonders if one of the reasons why HS has been so reluctant to fully adapt and remove her rose-colored glasses is mainly because she has been subconsciously afraid of losing her identity. She comes from the 21st century and essentially takes over another's body that is not truly her own skin and is thrown in this political mess. It is clear she values her independence, rights and what made her who she is from the 21st century, but by having to sacrifice that (even though it's for the best and for the sake of survival) means to lose the only thing she has left. But tomorrow she is about to lose multiple things she cherishes all at once. Her freedom, her precious mother-like Mentor, and ultimately her innocent and optimistic perception of the world and those around her, aka everything her 21st century self embodies and cherishes- for better or worse.

The one thing I am sure she will be regretting the most is not taking up Lady Oh's offer to leave the palace, because while Lady Oh was looking out for her. It will eat her alive to have not left when she was given the opportunity to, because if she had, maybe Lady Oh wouldn't have had to die in such a cruel way.

• Like 22

2 minutes ago, blue003 said:

I hope now they would start shifting a bit from the romance. It would be interesting to see how the rest of the princes develop their grey areas. At the end of the day, no one is pure good nor evil

Very true ,  No one is pure good nor evil. 

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, thenagain said:

If you watched the RAW that line was said in such an offhand way - as if he wasn't at all serious. So I think you might be placing a little too much emphasis on it.

BUT even if it was - that doesn't hurt the credibility of his love because there isn't one kind of love in the world. I think what is important to realize is that everyone loves differently. You are judging this character on your 21st understanding of a positive healthy IDEAL relationship would be. But no love is perfect. Every relationship has problems. Even today.

After all how could Wang So honestly know that his comment would be seen aggressively? He's never loved. He doesn't know or understand the feeling - he can't even tell the difference between friendship and love. He has to learn how to love. That's what makes the story interesting! We're watching him figure it out.

I mean imagine for a second you had never tasted a

banana. The first banana you EVER tried was one that wasn’t ripe enough. It would taste slightly bitter but still kinda good. How would you know that ALL bananas

don’t taste that way? How would you know that a normal banana is suppose to be sweet and soft, not hard and bitter? You wouldn't unless someone tells you or you finally experience it for yourself. Same thing with Wang So and Hae Soo. Love is his banana. He has NO concept of the positive way to love. He doesn't know what 'a true love' should do, or say, or be.  That doesn't mean he doesn't feel love or that it doesn't mean something. It means he doesn't realize how amazing and special it SHOULD feel. We just have to wait for Wang So to ripen up a bit - eventually he'll grow up and realize what he SHOULD be doing.

Banana might be great to taste. But there was a paper pasted on it that told him that this banana belonged to someone else and he still insists on stealing it. Stealing is wrong!

13 minutes ago, thenagain said:

(ps. Its also not like he's not forcing him to love him back. He's just forcing her to be near him. Hae Soo allowing So to love her is enough for him.)

r the subs out? entire thing?

• Like 2