[Drama 2016] Moon Lovers ❤ Scarlet Heart Ryeo, 달의 연인-보보경심 려 \^0^/ Soompi Kdrama 2016 Winner

Admin

Friends.. so many pages to back read.. i cant now as have to rush to office but will do for sure cause I dont want to miss all new insights and theories to understand the story better and to know more about all the character.

But @briseis your analyze is hands down amazing be it. be it the opening scene where WS confronted his mother or the BTS...I cried while watching opening scene and now reading it again made my heart break again.

Everyone of my frnds here.....Love you all for so many details and analyses of the show that I spend 2 hours watching (raw and sub) and then whole next day here reading each and every comment (i feel blessed to  be here)

Just one input for now...

When WW said to WS to stay away from YH and HS, he has feelings for HS so he mentioned her. And abt YH, he thinks that WS disrespected YH by siding HS in front of all royality and thats the reason he included YH too.

Also....one of my analyses went bonkers regarding Stone pile scene where So2 discussed mother...*sob* why it was not included in the final cut. That scene deserves to be there.

Ahh and yes someone mentioned there was another scene just before that where HS goes to WS to return hairpin and must have seen him having nightmare, so left and then WS followed her. And that might be the reason HS asks WS to have good sleep to not to have bad dreams.. (this gal is so well and making people feel good about themselves)

Thankyou again...

• Like 17

Finally watched the subs version and just had to come onto this forum! 

I love that there are more little moments between WS and HS!! Especially the anguish moment when HS told him that she understand what he was going through and the cute little moment where she brought him his food and the last scene where they were watching the snow fall together~ The way he looks at her while she was watching the snowfall, it's s obvious he's falling in love! AWWWW!~ :wub:

Oh and that "Should I call you my person then" part, sigh~ 

Does anyone else love the scene where HS saved WJ at the forest? I love the fact that she was using curse words and it makes it funnier since I don't think people in Goryeo understand what those curse words mean lol!! :P

The part where WJ told HS that "her life is his life" and that he'll protect her even if he has to die. I find it super cute. But unfortunately, I didn't like maknae prince when he was being mean to WS. I mean dude, if it wasn't for WS, you, HS and WW would be dead by now. He definitely deserves the slap WS gave. I really hope the slap made him wake up his idea gosh. :mellow:

And can someone just deal with the annoying and selfish queen? Like if it wasn't for WS, your little boy would have been dead! UGH. :angry:

On a side note, I don't know about the novel, but in the chinese drama series, the 14th prince fell in love with the female lead and eventually married her in order to get her out of the palace. I wonder if the ending would be something similar to this? But I'm sure everyone's hoping for a happy ending between HS and WS, me as well ^_^ *fingers cross*! 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, hanatanada said:

Am I the only one dissappointed and even a little pissed off that wang wook did not stop yeonhwa before she beat haesoo? If he really liked her that much shouldn't he react a little more aggressively? I feel like he is not the type to put love in front of his honour or his ambitions. Just like in the c version, he couldn't give up on the throne for her.

Not disappointed. But I was wondering why he did not step in immediately. I like KHN, but not the character Wook. He is a "still waters run deep" character.

If they merely wanted to have So step in instead of Wook (in stopping YH from punishing HS) to heighten the OTP line, they could have done it such that Wook arrived on the scene one step too late. That's a common situation to highlight that second lead is always one step too late (Lee Joon Ki's role as second lead in My Girl was often in that situation, but I digress haha).

However, they did it such that everyone was on the scene to witness and the two younger ones were anxious yet helpless (coz they were younger than the princess, I think?), thus begging Wook to help, yet he stood by (although it was obvious he was affected as well), leaving the two younger ones unable to do anything as well.

By the time Wook decided it was time to step in, it was indeed too late, because So had stepped in. Eun took cue from So and also stepped in between HS and YH, although it was obvious he was still afraid of YH. And with Baek-ah appearing separately from the rest (and all of us wondering when he popped into the scene) and ending up in the pavilion, it seems the two "cliques" are already in place ("unintentionally" by the characters) to foretell what is to come - So, Baek-ah & Eun vs Yo, Wook, Won & Jung.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Glamour90 said:

Can anyone explain about the order of princes please. Once I read it's not based on their age, what is it based on???? 

im not sure about this too.....is that arrange base on linage of who can ascended to the throne. means it also base on the empress arrangement......???....

• Like 7

I lost track to what I read the last time..and it's only for 12hrs!!13pages!!! Omoo..you guys sure so fast..anyway @meahri_1 I already vote..and looks like I'm getting obsessed by this show..coz ppl around me looked me like I was crazy lol (they don't even bother to know the reason..coz my husband and friends not so into kdramas..hehe,but it's okay) I know its out of the topic..but I love how ppl around the world gathered in this forum/thread..respecting each other,with same/different opinions..I know someone already said this here before(sorry,I forgot who)..but I want to talk about it again..bcoz I had the impact of this feeling only last night..so I wrote in certain forum where the commentators were from the same country as mine..but they just want to pick a fight!!really..what does it use for..(I wrote abt MLSHR but they wrote abt the hates..gosh!!)

So yes..I love this forum..my apologies again if I look like mumbling..hehe..keep fighting guys!!and love for MLSHR

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Gabi Bros said:

Sorry but coming to another drama thread to "fight" with the users of that thread because of your preference for other drama...is too much. This is not a place for fanwars, it deserves respect. We are separated in threads to avoid these kind of situations. If you don't like this drama at all, please don't come anymore. If you like it a bit...then let's spend a good time together here. We have created a good community, fanwars are not allowed. To all the users in this thread, please let's avoid talking about other dramas that are not Moon Lovers. Pleaseeee. :confused:

I'm not starting a fanwar here. I come in here not because I prefer MDBC over SHR. My comment is for that one person who accuses MDBC of playing dirty media tricks to bring SHR down. And that to me, has crossed the line. She/he is spreading baseless accusation and some may take it as the truth. If she/he has proofs of that dirty tricks, then show it to us. Whether I like MDBC more than SHR is out of the question.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

im not sure about this too.....is that arrange base on linage of who can ascended to the throne. means it also base on the empress arrangement......???....

Thanks chingue for your answer

I thought about that too but if it was based on empress arrangement, shouldn't we have 5th instead of 14th???? He's queen's son but came last

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kentangbakar said:

i dont know he married to who all i know he is married. base on the topknot. =))..3rd, 8th n 9th is married...i believe CP too, already married.

Wait, a top knot means their are married? I didn't know that! Thank you for this information.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, briseis said:

OMFG! The mindblowing moment when you realize that he was actually clinging onto his willpower and last shreds of self-control to hold himself together the whole time in the Queen’s chamber, is the moment when Wang So falls completely and utterly apart. Fittingly, it’s the sight of the stone piles, the very symbol of motherly love, that makes him go mad with rage and grief. There are so many of them, so many mothers who pray for the well-being of their children, so many mothers who adore their sons, yet there is no pile for him, no mother who would love him. To Wang So it must seem as if the stone piles were taunting him and mocking his misery. He is past caring about adding sacrilege to his list of sins and attacks the piles with animalistic rage (he truly does appear utterly feral, wolf-like even because he is letting out all the pain and frustration he has bottled up for 15 years) to wipe out the remainders of the one thing he cannot have. For these first 10 minutes of episode 4 alone, Lee Joon Gi deserves all the acting awards they have in South Korea. And in this scene, I finally realized why the PD decided to cast IU - she is so natural and utterly authentic while conveying Hae Soo’s calm strength and power: it’s easy to admire and like someone so good and perfect like Wook, but it takes something special to accept and fall for someone who the whole world considers a monster.

It’s his blood Hae Soo sees, his pain she worries about, but Wang SOO doesn’t even notice it until she tells him - so used to physical pain he is. Just remember the scars on his torso. He doesn’t even care he is harming himself, as if his body wasn’t worth it the consideration.

“It’s the blood of those I killed today.”

There is so much mocking and self-loathing in his voice when he tells HS about the people he killed because in the end it was for nothing. You can feel that even he finds himself pathetic and is actually taunting her with his words, pretty much waiting for her to run away from him in fear and condemn him because he has already condemned himself thousand times in his mind. But to his utter shock, she is not running, she doesn’t flinch when he is touching her while being drenched in blood of the people he killed. She isn’t berating him nor is she the least bit scared of him, because she sees the lonely, love-starved boy under his wolfish exterior - she has seen what lies behind his mask, both literal and figurative, and she isn’t afraid of what she saw behind it. 

“I told you that I killed people!

THIS IS SHEER HEARTBREAK! That he actually feels the need torepeat to her that he murdered people because he can’t believe she would still be there if she had heard him the first time! He is gaping at her with such disbelief as if he was wondering whether she is even real while she is standing there unwavering, asking him about his motivations, understanding him and accepting him with all his sins and demons. The fact that it happens in that very place makes the whole moment even more profound and symbolic. 

Loved your commentary of my favourite scene of the episode 4! It was so heart wrenching... The two of them acted so well...  U can feel them! 

No idea why the netizens critised the acting. 

Edited by LyraYoo
Pls do not quote images
  • Like 20

7 minutes ago, Glamour90 said:

Thanks chingue for your answer

I thought about that too but if it was based on empress arrangement, shouldn't we have 5th instead of 14th???? He's queen's son but came last

im also lost at this....if someone can explain...it will be great help. =))

• Like 7

5 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

@akinahana89 Chingu, when you get a chance, revisit Ep1 when Chae Ryung and Haesoo were walking around 8's residence. Chae Ryung was trying to remind her of the things she liked to do. In that conversation, I think you'll learn what you want to know. CR actually suggests that Haesoo is lying about not remembering, and wonders whether this is perhaps about a rendezvous with someone from another household or that Haesoo has a lot of debt. Mind you, Chae Ryung has been with Haesoo for a long time, and it sounds like she's been hiding a lot about herself from everyone.

Knowing this, my theory is that Haesoo was indeed there to spy on the princes. :lol:

I just deleted my Answer - you said it all - and more. Right! Hae So was a Woman from that time - so she knew well how she should act and behave - but the real person behind that curtain was a real Troublemaker too.

She never was that warm - I guess she never was that honest too. But at least I hope she loved her Cousin like a Mother. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Anna Tan said:

Loved your commentary of my favourite scene of the episode 4! It was so heart wrenching... The two of them acted so well...  U can feel them! 

No idea why the netizens critised the acting. 

Lol I've always believed that the netizens don't analyse like we do. Though I can't say for sure, it feels like they're only seeing the surface acting and criticizing that, which is sad. They aren't tying in the plot, character experiences or other variables into the acting. They're just looking at the acting itself and not the reason behind what is portrayed by the actors. 

• Like 18

5 hours ago, evok said:

guys don't care ratings...at same time spot at same days in a two rival channel there is a two historical drama and actually this kind of rivalry always brings one side playing dirty and try to drop other drama ratings by negative articles. A lot of people also think this "bad acting" article was unnecessary and unrealistic, ıt happened at 1st ep!.. everyone knows there was no real public reaction behind it... you write "public reacted to this and that artist acting skills and suddenly public really react after reading that! they show their reaction with losing their interest!.. I saw this so many times. After the news Scarlet Heart ratings dropped and Lovers in the moonlight ratings increased! 

but again I always say  5-6-7-9%... this are not really bad ratings! ıf you are old drama lover, you also have to know most of the very popular korean drama took bad ratings at korea. for ex now a teenage drama Cinderella and four Knights is in everywhere...people keep talking about it but ıts ratings are 2-3%...Pinoccho was very popular drama for i-fans..ıts rating was 5-6%...Healer was very popular drama..ıts ratings was again 5-6%...there is so many like this...

so don't be sad, just watch and have fun. 

I try to not care too - but it hurts me because it will hurt the team. That is the only reason. But I stay cool now with negative comments. Still... The rating is low ... too low.

What I just wanted to say you can´t compare Cinderella here - because the rates for that Drama are extremly good - it is on Pay TV - and the Rates for that are always different. (and it´s great - just on a sidenote).

Yes - Healer was a riddle for me - but I found my answer thinking it was much more maded for the younger generation - and the younger generation is more and more watching online - the older have the power over the TV control. :D

And this time - the other is the light Stuff you can enjoy with the whole Family and yes BPG is trend right now (he is wonderful and I like him a lot - but he is not Joon Gi... ) It´s just a very unlucky Spot - too an ancient Drama and the heartbreaking against the funny and so romantic Drama. As it seems - thats more the K Taste.

But I noticed that before - Dramas with real depth has hard times... but those are the Dramas I will never be able to forget and I will love for my whole life. I´m sure - ML will be one of it too.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, PeachyPeach said:

I'm not starting a fanwar here. I come in here not because I prefer MDBC over SHR. My comment is for that one person who accuses MDBC of playing dirty media tricks to bring SHR down. And that to me, has crossed the line. She/he is spreading baseless accusation and some may take it as the truth. If she/he has proofs of that dirty tricks, then show it to us. Whether I like MDBC more than SHR is out of the question.

Then there's nothing more to discuss. It was one random comment in one post, and the comment was said more in frustration than anything else. We actually have 4 moderators who are active in this thread so if anyone in our community does something wrong, they are quick to correct us or provide guidance. So rest assured we all just want to focus on our own drama.

• Like 17

5 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

My friend, truth is I dont follow closely the thread and generally soompi anymore . I used to be a regular the old days...lol...

You are right on this. I read some posts from chingus that were unfamiliar to KHN and I wanted to introduce him.

On the other hand as much as I like him as an actor ,in the Moon Lovers series I want my WS/HS ship to sail.I hope I did not mix up the initials .In other words Junki/IU.

I am glad that we have strong performances to enjoy and I hope the story will be interesting until the end.

I did not know the drama had a C -version before. I will wait for the K version to finish and might I watch it later.

Welcome chingu - here too!

Oh yes - he is talented...   thats why the latest Action form his Character could make us that angry. Me too - I still wish to slap him for every word he said to Wang So - Wang So - not Joon Gi - so please don´t misunderstand. I love the way he portrays Wang Wook - I love it that they show us his Fighting Skill too - he was wonderful. The Character have more sides to find out - and for he is the most difficult to read. Or he was - right now it starts that he has a hard time to hide his true self.

For the C Drama - of course you can watch it - but keep in mind that this is not a remake. The most Characters are so different than they was there. And i love it a lot.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I try to not care too - but it hurts me because it will hurt the team. That is the only reason. But I stay cool now with negative comments. Still... The rating is low ... too low.

at least from the comments translate by kkuljaem..i saw light at the end of the tunnel. the comments more positive now. so all we need is to spread the positive vibe...who knows with the support from the international viewer will make the local viewer tune in?...=)))

• Like 11