[Drama 2015] The Village: Achiara's Secret 마을- 아치아라의 비밀

larus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe  I am weird but i actually pity Ji sook. The protective wall that she had build around her is crumbling down and she has become naked and vulnerable again. We easily say why would she deny Hye Jin but she did not marry Mr Seo for his kpop idol good looks( yes i am being sarcastic). It is his family's power and status in that small province that she needs as her security blanket against a small community that will judge you. As it is her family is already quite belittled because her mother had children with two different men and also has a shamanic gift which in local speak means witch. As a rape victim at a tender age of around 15 or so where her mind is formative, she could only help herself as no one else can. It is ironic that the man can get away with so many rapes and not once was reported in their village! Could he be related to the seo family as like one forummer say, a mistress's son? Cos Gi Hyung was seen going to the lumber yard too in an earlier episode. I believe she keeps seeing the dead Hye Jin as her conscience is pricking her for not helping her earlier and in the end HJ died. We cant say she is cruel blah blah...just as hye jin wanted to live as the reason for looking for her real mother, her mother wanted to live too. By entering her life like that, she had let her mother relive the rape all over again. So who is the selfish one than?

Maybe  I am weird but i actually pity Ji sook. The protective wall that she had build around her is crumbling down and she has become naked and vulnerable again. We easily say why would she deny Hye Jin but she did not marry Mr Seo for his kpop idol good looks( yes i am being sarcastic). It is his family's power and status in that small province that she needs as her security blanket against a small community that will judge you. As it is her family is already quite belittled because her mother had children with two different men and also has a shamanic gift which in local speak means witch. As a rape victim at a tender age of around 15 or so where her mind is formative, she could only help herself as no one else can. It is ironic that the man can get away with so many rapes and not once was reported in their village! Could he be related to the seo family as like one forummer say, a mistress's son? Cos Gi Hyung was seen going to the lumber yard too in an earlier episode. I believe she keeps seeing the dead Hye Jin as her conscience is pricking her for not helping her earlier and in the end HJ died. We cant say she is cruel blah blah...just as hye jin wanted to live as the reason for looking for her real mother, her mother wanted to live too. By entering her life like that, she had let her mother relive the rape all over again. So who is the selfish one than?

Me too, I feel pity for Ji Sook, she was quite different than mother of Ga Young, she was only a little girl, raped, no word to the world though her mother, kept silent for all and after all, she gave birth without any love with her newborn baby and considered her baby as real monster. She tried all her best to marry Assembly man to overcome all difficulties and rumors in small village and protect herself. The presence of KHJ was really a shock for her and she avoided KHJ to escape the worst circumstance and bad past that she had wanted everyone forget and bury. In my opinion, the death of KHJ is same of the one of GY, due to Fary disease :(

After watching episode 14, now the lumber mill man's wife is all the more suspicious. 

And can I recommend Shin Eun Kyung for an award... OMG - from despising her to pitying her and then despising her again for her cool, conscience free acts of survival. Her threats to her husband and her mother in law and treating her first born as a creature.....

OK..I cried a lot when GY died....sigh...what will happen now that her mom has finally talked to the police? Can she actually idenitify the correct person?

PS...What is in that darn box!!! We have to wait for next week!

@gnixfim Yes, its true. If we always go by rule, sometimes we will only find dead end. So sometimes crazy and unacceptable actions or illegal method is needed. Woo jae and Sergeant Han also used trap to get Driver yang. Now I believe at police area, if there is no case to get the culprit you have to create a case to provoke them. Thank you verymuch for you, I appreciate it.

You somehow have a real talent for misunderstanding my meaning :D I'm in no way condoning unacceptable actions or illegal methods (especially if used by the police, but that is a whole another discussion and we were speaking of SY). I'm only pointing out that I can understand her motivation for digging deeper while swirling up all the secrets laying low in this small village.

I have a question to anyone who had experiece with giving birth, doesn't the wound after labor need to be stitched by doctor/nurse? If so maybe all elderly in achiara know this secret, they just keep their mouth shut tight for some reason we don't know?

It would actually depend very much on the birth itself. Not every mother has to be stitched up after giving birth. Speaking only for myself, I have two kids and only had stitches with one of them.

Your question is a valid one. There is no question about HJ's selfishness, actually. To be battling a deadly condition like she was, of course she had to have a heavy dose of selfishness mixed with her strong will to live. That being said, HJ wouldn't have actually known the way she came to be before encountering JS and "letting her mother relive the rape all over again". Even when she finally came face to face with Baengi Ajumma for the first time, she at first concluded herself to be her daughter, not her granddaughter. So for most of the time HJ was active in the village, she probably didn't even know she was such a reminder for JS, as the lady in question surely wouldn't have come out and told her of her own accord.

Ep 15 text preview

"Finally! We caught Hye Jin's murderer"

Ji Suk's confrontation with her mother-in-law leads to further dire consequences, and Gi Hyeon's antipathy towards her grows stronger, but then his feelings are again thrown into confusion by an unexpected confession Ji Suk makes to him.

Woo Jae and Sgt Han track down Mr Nam and, by putting pressure on him concerning the fingernail found in the hinge of the box mirror given to Soyun, finally succeed in bringing the long-hidden truth to light. However, at the very same time, a message from the Young Lady delivered to Soyun reveals that new troubles lie ahead...

@baduy Now more than ever I miss our LOL reactions and far more expressive emoticons :lol: Everything perfectly described in a nut shell! Bravo! Bravo!

From the text preview, it would seem KHJ is no longer the focus, if her perpetrator has been nailed.

What next? What does Agasshi have up his sleeves? What other monster(s) remain to be unboxed? Is our seemingly aboveboard GH treading in the same murky waters after all? Will the last 2 hours finally put an end to the viewers' suffering by answering all our burning questions, leaving everyone drugged with happiness? :D 

After watching episode 14, now the lumber mill man's wife is all the more suspicious.

Yes, i suspecting his wife too. Just like what the lumber ajussi said, he's not the same as before, he want to start a new life, have a good life with his wife and daughter. And I think his wife also want it too. Although maybe she knew about his past, but for the sake of her family, i think she would do anything to protect it. She don't want her husband past being known and maybe he'll being jailed later.. or both of them are accomplise, to protect their little family..who knows.

wait wor next week, and all the hidden secret revealed. So long time to wait.

People who guessed that Ji Sook was KHJ's mother are soooo gooooood !!! I was totally shocked !! The Young lady (forgot his real name) is really insane... Tying up SY on a chair to drug her to make her happy ? Craziness. Then, SY let him eat at her apartment just because she wanted to have more information about the lumbyard man, this was insane... SY you could have figured out anyways.

I think the box that Yo Na had in her bedroom lets her see ghosts. That's why when she gave it to SY , KHJ ghost came. 

I think KHJ real father didn't kill her. I think it's his wife. She wanted to protect her husband good reputation, avoiding him to go to jail and keep her family together.

This drama is breaking all the conventions lol.It was hilarious watching agasshi at so yoon's dining table again..[after he forcefully though in a strangely indifferent way tried to make her happy],we have this image of serial killers and how there is a barrier between us and them..but here the alleged serial killer is seen moving around the common neighborhood,and even have dinner at places,withing closest several feet of the abductees lol.

Apart from that,the actress playing ji sook deserves all the awards this year.She's  killing it with her expressions of eyes and body gestures.I won't be surprised if ji sook turns out to be her daugher's murderer at the end.She seems like at the verge of the loosing end..I also wonder why did she say a monster came out.Also the parallel between just the scene where she lost herself at the conversation with so yoon after the confrontation,and then the scene where ga young's mom is crying her heart out for the daughter 'being born in the same way'..is also great.It kind of shows how different they both are as person.How one took care of the daughter and stick to her as she had no one else,and other tried to get rid of her,even at the sake of all the limbs of her body.

I am glad that my thought that Ji Sook is the mother of Hye Jin is true. (I had the same feeling from the beginning that she is the mother and the serial rapist is the father). There were some clues.... I hoped I was right because it would explain Ji Sook`s hate. When I saw the fighting scene... it was so clear to me that there was a deeper connection. I feel bad for both of them, especially Hye Jin.  At least Ji Sook is not a heartless woman for no reason. She is disturbed alright... but at least I understand her better.

I also agree with all of you who suspect the rapist wife to be Hye Jin`s murderer. But it doesn`t matter who will be the murderer in the end. Hope they all get the punishment they deserve.

I will miss this drama. I was hoping for a good thriller drama  and it did not disappoint. I did not see many good mystery kdramas but this show was a success in my opinion. Too bad the ratings did not show the quality of this project. It seams that this genre is not that popular there. Hoping for more shows like Village. Kudos to all involved.

Apart from that,the actress playing ji sook deserves all the awards this year.She'sling it with her expressions of eyes and body gestures.I won't be surprised if ji sook turns out to be her daugher's murderer at the end.She seems like at the verge of the loosing end..I also wonder why did she say a monster came out.Also the parallel between just the scene where she lost herself at the conversation with so yoon after the confrontation,and then the scene where ga young's mom is crying her heart out for the daughter 'being born in the same way'..is also great.It kind of shows how different they both are as person.How one took care of the daughter and stick to her as she had no one else,and other tried to get rid of her,even at the sake of all the limbs of her body.

It is good that this drama is screened near the awards night for 2015.  It should get the best-scripted drama of the year award  and the best actress (SY) and supporting actress (JS) award.  Even HJ acted well too...she gave me the creeps whenever she appeared because she looked so pitiful....  In fact the entire cast acted so well cos no one left us a clue who killed who until from Ep 13....it became a bit clearer....just a bit..

I really like JS' acting too...make the character come so alive that made most of us are not able to stand her... LOL    In the BTS pictures when she is more relaxed and smiling, she looks so kind and sweet....a good contrast to her on-screen image.

@nearsea @lovehbhjw2013 I agree with you guys. Ji sook-Shin Eun Kyung deserves to get best actress award at SBS drama award 2015. Achiara, I want to nominee this drama for best screenplay. But for the winner, Im a bit confused. Should I choose Achiara or Punch. Both of them didnt have any flaw in every aspect :blink: And I want to add one more category or maybe two. Best couple, Sergeant Han and Woo jae (I ship them, their antenna-signal-receiver, so memorable). Best New actor-Woo jae. Best child actress-Yoo Na. Argggghhh... I think I am too addicted to this drama, all the casts did a good job for portraying their character and I want everyone gets an award for their performance :D

Finally, I could watch the last episode today. So me and some other viewers were right about keeping believing that JS was KHJ's mother.

I am more and more convinced that Nam's second wife is the culprit. I don't think, Nam killed KHJ, but her determination to reveal the monster was a thread to destroy Nam's life. His wife and his daughter would have suffered from stigmatisation. And I can imagine how desesperate she became, when KHJ told her about Nam's past.

Even if I keep disliking JS, I finally understand why she became like that. She saw her first daughter as monster because it was a monster who raped her. She only saw the child as the result of  the sin of KHJ's father. She had to suffer a lot in her childhood because her mother had different men in her life, so her reputation was already tarnished. Then she got raped and she knew, people would stigmatise her even more. They would say that she was just like her mother, a bad woman with no sense of dignity. Her mother helped her to cover up the birth and gave KHJ to adoption. After that JS who was always afraid, her secret might get discovered, tried to find a way to escape from this. The family Seo seemed to be the right tool to her.

However, she has suffered a lot in her married life:

- her husband's constant infidelities

- her mother-in-law who looked down on her

- She was the second wife

I can understand why she could never accept her daughter. There is a huge difference between GY's mother and JS: the latter wasn't married at all, while GY's mother was. She used her husband who abandoned her as an alibi and noone questioned her. But JS was single and a teenager who was still visiting high school!

Even if JS kept rejecting KHJ, she finally gave in and had decided to donate her a kidney which is a huge step. Sure, it wasn't selfless, she wanted her out of her life. Interesting is that KHJ used the same word "monster" as her mother therefore I believe, KHJ had finally understood why JS was acting like that and had accepted her behaviour. She agreed to her point of view. Finally, the vision JS had while driving really proves that KHJ isn't really mad at her mother, since she asked for help. She only disagreed that the rapist should still be free. While JS tried to bury the past, KHJ wanted the opposite in order to free herself and her mother from that painful past.

I also wanted to talk about the Seo family. To me, the halmoni and her son are in the end the worst. The halmoni has known the truth about JS' secret for a long time but she never bothered to wonder why JS got pregnant in the first place. She had already this picture in her head: JS is a femme fatale, a greedy seductress. she never tried to find out the truth, just like her son. ´JH must have given him the DNA analysis about the mother-daughter's relationship and that's how he knew about JS' secret. His conversation with GH revealed that he knew her secret. However, he decided to get rid of her. In the end, JS was right. Seo and his mother who are the leaders from that village are the ones who say how to judge people. That's why JS wanted to be on their good side. But the Seo family is so arrogant and uses people as they please. I am hoping that Seo son will be arrested for his crime and the halmoni is left alone.

IT would be great if it is finally revealed that Nam is related to that Seo family!!!

We still don't know about:

- the car accident (crime or not)

- KHJ's killer

- Who killed driver Yang and the worker?

- Why has SY the same ability as her adopted sister and YN? Don't you think that strange?  

- Who killed the victim, while KPS was arrested?  

Archived