[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

hi! chingu LOVERS usually my Saturday  night was taken over by this drama.....but now is over  and we only can repeat what was shown before.

THE USING OF IDIOMS...POEMS...AND QUOTABLE QUOTE BY THE WRITER was drawn me  to compile and post it here after repeatedly watching.

now this is in ep.2

QUOTED by HW.....Marriage is romance, the more you push back marriage and death the better.

Those who marry for love...die from resentment.

Love is futile and Marriage is emptying.

QUOTED by MTS....Falling in love with someone else when you have a wife...that's messed up.

QUOTED by SH....... LOVE IS LOVED.

KSL quoted to DHK...You think that with age come knowledge...so you end up meddling.

DHK ..voice over....Balloons that lost air fall to the ground or get caught in the branches.

• Like 15

Saturday --- March 5, 2016 -  Noon.

Hello, Everybody!

Getting over the "pain" of the drama having ended.  But still reading the forum for all the posts --- Tying together so many of the feelings we have from the total experience.  Talking about some of the questions we've all had  about the storyline and the characters.   http://www.deathreference.com/Vi-Z/Wake.html

So similar to what went on in the "wakes" at funerals in the past ---when people still lived close to the places they were born & raised. See beneath the SPOILER for more info. about a "wake".  Most cultures had something like this to comfort the family.

WOW!... Did I ever get carried away with this topic!

Spoiler

Just a few examples:

0)   http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-wake.htm  

1)     http://bradshawcarter.com/the-differences-between-a-funeral-and-a-wake/

2)      One Jewish person asked about why have a "wake?" --- interesting responses given to the question --- very        informal posts.  http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=154136

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Shemira

3)      http://www.wikihow.com/Attend-the-Wake-of-Someone-You-Didn't-Know-Well

4)     "Waking the dead" --a practice found around the world and back in ancient times:                http://www.deathreference.com/Vi-Z/Wake.html 

5)     https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Wake_(ceremony)

I am enjoying so many posts here , most recently those of @jadecloud --- amazing how you pulled it all together --- Our concerns for different aspects of story, character, & relationships,  as well as our interest in how BTS issues in the "Drama Industry" have effects on a drama's ongoing, live filming as it is. still airing on TV.   And Thank You for your really insightful posts @irilight  &   @lover7         :)

Edited by mdj101
add comment
  • Like 9

I am seriously considering writing fan fiction since my mind is not willing to let go of this drama as yet.  I watched Ms Kim's million dollar quest in a day in my withdrawal. I don't think I could have watched it before IHAL but just having KJH and JJH together was so nice. If I do write fan fiction, I will post it here. 

• Like 11

Like many of you, I was so ready to get up at the crack of dawn and see @trust71 "wake up" call to join live recap....!
Will certainly miss it. Will go over your offerings now.

On 3/1/2016 at 3:45 PM, mdj101 said:

Stunned !  Was it 6 months? Out into the cold world again?  Not even any tofu?  More like  something richer, chocolate, frosted and very decadent

haha, good one!    Or one of @gerrytan8063's descriptions/photo of a Korean dish....  Image result for

@mdj101,  Thank you for also highlighting (pg. 721) that changes to script happen often in response to viewers' response.

And I agree that CITT exemplified that harsh result of pre-produced drama with practically no possibility to change the drama per viewers responses (as well as many other factors, sadly). D-Day was another drama that was pre-produced that essentially failed ( in low ratings for sure.), so we can see there is a plus and a minus to both pre-produced and live shoot drama. Live-shoot drama, despite hectic schedule,  can alter the script as per viewers' responses, and often does so.

Also, great reminder that when when communicate, our posts may be misunderstood, and that is doubly the case when we communicate online, with people who do not know us, and without the aid of body language.

Img0404_20160101020828_2.jpg

Img0404_20160101020742_6.jpg

Img0404_20160101020828_8.jpg

• Like 11

Hello lovers. Definitely my weekends will no longer be the same that the drama ended. For now, i'm going to watch the last 5 episodes on our local Korean channel. episode 46 is on tonight. I'm going to miss this thread. i enjoyed reading all the comments/point of views. some of them i didn't agree but i respected their opinion. I have a very shallow barometer for a good drama. a good drama for me is, after watching it for the first time and it hits me emotionally and makes me continue to watch till the very end. I'm not a nitpicker or complainer. IHAL was not a perfect drama for me but based on all the kdramas that i've watched, there's is no perfect one.  They are for entertainment and if ever we've learned some lessons that we could apply in our personal life, that's very great.

I'm going to miss IHAL. I don't know if ever I'm going to be interested in another Korean drama soon.

Thank you to all lovers.

• Like 8

Hi, Guys!

Just popping back to read posts. I'll probably keep checking in & out for  quite some time ---Based on my prior experience with SLA.  Often members come back to write about an event or a new project of some oh the actors, Writer, Director, etc.  Maybe a connection with the drama and new BTS information about scenes, episodes, all kinds of interesting things.  I'm curious to see each of our actors' NEXT projects. 

I think some actors' official (or unofficial) Fan Site can be more informative than I had realised. Depends of the Actor, the fans, & the site!     :rolleyes:   Yeah, I'm slow to pick up on somethings!  I found that interesting interview with actress on Lee Seung Gi's fan site.  Yoo Ah In's International Fan site was informative, too.  I may start to check out some fan sites from now on!  As long as there not just "Idol fangirl sites"! 

Spoiler

1.   Lee Seung Gi's "resume" at 29 years of age! --- https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Lee_Seung-gi

2.   Repeat of interview article: --- https://lsgfan.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/yoon-yeo-jung-talks-well-mannered-actors-and-lee-seung-gi/  Mainly just as an example of how meaningful some actors' "fan pages/sites" can really be! Especially when they have news about projects with other actors.  News about the writers & directors, too. 

3.  http://www.hancinema.net/dear-my-friends-ko-hyeon-jeong-jo-in-seong-to-go-to-europe-91907.html   Just the sheer number of Senior actors gives me hope for a good drama --- & maybe a good forum!  Not yet sure what the drama is about!

4.   Yoo Ah In --- https://yooahinsikseekland.wordpress.com/    Often articlesabout  the actor's current project are translated on fan sites --- just as we got Eng subs from a JJH fan!

I find that I think about the characters & the drama (& the forum) more often when I'm driving!   A little scary, Hmmm?  No accidents so far!  But I've got to be thinking about something, Right?   Like some of the issues talked about in the forum --- forgiveness, lots of thoughts about love & marriage & divorce & all the ways to communicate!    Really an endless stream of ideas that keep  rolling  around in my head.  Picturing how the characters behaved, how they reacted in each situation , and to each choice in their life (long past, present, & future).  

I'm hoping to find a few dramas that I'll like.  Looks like there are more interesting ones soon to come.  Liked several from that blogger's article & made a note to watch for them. Here is one NEW to me & with a few different &  very interesting angles & ways of looking at Korean drama & the entire country!    

Spoiler

1.  "  "A British woman living and working in Seoul." -- No other information given."   I like the clock & the weather posted on every page! And the feature  teaching some Korean language via short scenes from dramas. 

http://www.dramasrok.com/   

Culture & History via a look at various Kings in historical dramas!  http://www.dramasrok.com/category/korean-history-2/

Seriously, this seemed like a very fresh and different approach to "studying" and talking about Korea & Korean dramas/films.  A new approach IMHO.

• Like 6

Thank you, @lover7 for your wonderful posts (page 722). Having seen several of the the writer's other drama, I tend to agree with you, that she had planned all along to bring forth a message of love, reconciliation and hope.  I remember when I watched "Country Princess" with Kim Yu-Mi playing the nasty step sister that we loved to hate (and boy is  she good in playing those nasty characters. She played one in "Can We Love" a couple of years ago, and everyone hated her there just as much (but that one was not a Bae Yoo-Mi drama... ) Anyway,  I am seeing in my mind part of the video that @a15t3 shared with us (pg. 722) right after the divorce. Angry JE walks off while HG is in her car watching him and sobbing. It was one of the scenes that could have signified "no return" for any other scriptwriter, but Bae Yoo-Mi likes to lift her characters and shine the light of new beginning, love, and possibilities upon them.

Thank you so much @jadecloud for the wonderful OST video. What a labor of love!  (pg. 722) I will treasure it. 

@lenet, I agree with your observations (pg 722) of JJH supposed to be the main lead of course, and also his acting vis-a-vis Lee Gyu-Han.  Lee Gyu-Han had a very lovable character here as HK's "lighthouse" and we loved most of their scenes together, but in no way can he over-shadow JJH with his acting. I think BS had a wonderful role of helping HK to find the warmer-softer, and kinder side of her, and also ease the viewers' angst after the first 10 episodes. Remember how we all were so happy to see those first still of him and HG with the kids and the play guns?  It brought a smile to our faces again. And we know it has done the same for HK.

Referring again to @a15t3's video - that scene of JE watching HG going on the bus to prison, tore at my heart, and I am still tearing with it. I have only seen JJH in a handful of roles, and I have never seen him in such an emotional role as this one.  Maybe @ayselluna can let us know more, of some of his other roles, that are similarly emotionally engaging.

@deandraluv, I feel the same as you (pg. 722) about JE saying he was wrong. I also think that he was speaking about SR.  ah, that withdrawal symptom many of us are going through....!  I agree with you also about the kissing scenes  Smiley

@Kehinde, I am so glad you brought up the poster (pg. 722). We have sort of "dissected" it much earlier on. I am glad of your reminder. I also agree with you about the fact that JE's apology was about SR, and thank you for reminding us that HK actually apologized to JE for bringing it up. My feeling is that the reason, is that she and JE had left that painful past behind and they no longer want to revisit it. If they were to bring it up again and again in moments of anger (i.e. you did that and that....) their new life will not be as good. Only when we disengage ourselves from the past, and be in the present moment we can create a new life full of possibilities.

Img0404_20160101020742_1.jpg

Img0404_20151231211229_1.jpg

Img0404_20151231211229_4.jpg

• Like 13

2 hours ago, irilight said:

Referring again to @a15t3's video - that scene of JE watching HG going on the bus to prison, tore at my heart, and I am still tearing with it. I have only seen JJH in a handful of roles, and I have never seen him in such an emotional role as this one.  Maybe @ayselluna can let us know more, of some of his other roles, that are similarly emotionally engaging.

Although Ji Jin-hee always acts emotions really well, and there are particular scenes that immediately come to mind, like those in the dramas 'Love Letter, 'Spring Days', 'Dong Yi', 'Take Care of Us Captain', 'Late Night Restaurant' (special appearance), and the movies 'The Old Garden', 'Parallel Life', etc., but I think his role as Choi Jin-eon has been the most emotionally challenging one so far. 

As he said himself in the latest interview, he even got both physically and emotionally tired while filming 'I Have a Lover, as there have been many stirring and crying scenes'. yet it was this drama again which he'd mentioned as the best choice in his acting career.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, irilight said:

I have only seen JJH in a handful of roles, and I have never seen him in such an emotional role as this one.  Maybe @ayselluna can let us know more, of some of his other roles, that are similarly emotionally engaging.

@irilight, have you watched One Warm Word/Kind Word?  I love JJH there and all of the cast performs really well.  I highly recommend this drama :)

• Like 8

@a15t3, yes.. I did watch Warm Word. It felt like in that drama, Ji Jin-Hee sort of kept his emotions in check for the most part. I don't recall there anything even close to the emotional scene you depicted in your video near the bus taking HG away to prison. Yes. I am in the U.S, and was able to watch those videos and am grateful to that.  I think I will watch "The Old Garden" next, esp. since I recently read the novel. I only found out about the film a couple of weeks ago.
Yes, I am in the U.S. and am able to watch some of those videos including the one by Ryu that was posted earlier. Love it...

@trust71, I agree with you about that kiss when he teased her, and left. Omo... thank God he came back...!  Thank you @Kehinde, for giving it to us with the instagram (pg. 723).. oh, my heart melts again..

@mdj101, thank you for pointing us to the other HW rant about marriage and love in ep. 2. "Love is futile and marriage is draining." I agree with @Lmangla. There must have been an interesting story there...

@gerrytan8063 thank you for your post about "Dangshin" (당신, 當身 ) and Yeobo (여보, 如寶) (pg. 724) I will pay more attention, as I only recall them as terms of endearment or straight "you." I want to catch it being used before or during a quarrel.

Also, your post about wife. At the moment, I only recall hearing
Anae (아내) and Buin (부인,婦人), as well as Waipeu ( 와이프, wife).

Img0404_20151226173826_1.jpg

Img0404_20151226173826_2.jpg

Img0404_20151226173826_3.jpg

• Like 13

On 3/3/2016 at 8:15 PM, trust71 said:

Beautiful flowers! You have blossom for all to see. Like the sunlight, like the starlight, shining brightly and softly. In a veil of iridescent clouds, I yearned for you.......SH recite when she's cleaning her scepter winning the MISS KOREA.

add some more later.......

oh.. how beautiful, @trust71. Thank you for that....  and I hope so...

On 3/3/2016 at 10:45 PM, lclarakl said:

Having had parents that went through this very real life experience of losing a child, affair, divorce, and reconciliation to friendship, it is very clear the writer didn't know how to truly address this topic so she skimmed the surface and let HG appear unaffected by it. When you sincerely love someone, there is going to be grief experienced by the party that was betrayed. Coming to grips with those emotions is how you build a relationship. 

@lclarakl, thank you for sharing your experience with us.  Others on the thread have shared similar experiences. While each of these experience is horrific and sad, still, each of these experiences may sound the same, but they are unique for those experiencing it, for sure.  I agree with you about the period of grief that usually would follow, as well as anger, possibly.  We saw the beginning of it in HK when she was watching JE walk away (depicted in @a15t3's video.)  The writer has spared HK, in a sense, by having her go through the amnesiac period, when she was practically re-born as a new woman, warm, caring, fun loving. Even in the amnesiac state she still held on to the memories of ES (in her dreams, and also in recalling the tune that was on the snowball and the phone tone, without even knowing to connect it to something. She just felt that crashing sadness). Later on, when she regained her memory, we could see her pain. She practically held her heart as if it was going to break. And yes, there was anger too. But overall, I think her amnesia years have somewhat "watered down" her anger. Eventually, she had to decide, (Just as other spouses had, in similar situations) and just like in the Native Indian fable about the tale of Two Wolves, which is more important for her in her life, to feed her anger, or to have JE with his love as he is now in front of her.

Two-Wolves2.jpg

• Like 12

On 3/3/2016 at 11:29 PM, Lmangla said:

awwww... thanks @irilight -- makes my day. :wub: but the best part of asking a question is when folks answer with very interesting, thought provoking answers and that was certainly this thread.

For sure.....  That is why we all love this thread, and became a family...

On 3/3/2016 at 3:30 AM, lenet said:

This is my guess :  in Kdrama, seems parents want to decide marriage for their children and usually marriages are arranged for benefits such as business relations, status, wealth and such.  So though there may not be love but life is comfortably easy.  Couples who married for love may be blissful at first until reality sets in. Later they find problems arise due to lack of money, poor relatives, lack of ambition and such so they grew to resent each other for failings which they did not consider initially.

Fabulous perception, @lenet. Thank you...!

On 3/3/2016 at 8:45 AM, iamtaken said:

it may just be that JE had slept in the movies and HG had been enthralled with Yoo Ah In...

the scene where they remember ES together and HG cries in JE's arms, reassured me. Good job with that Writer Bae. No, you are still not forgiven for sending HG to jail. 

JE post his stay in the US had especially become quite good at reading HG but could not find a way of reassuring her that he will neither breakdown nor run away if she is honest with him. Finally watching him deal calmly with Jin Ri and sending his BIL to jail makes her reconsider it.

Thank you for another wonderful post, @iamtaken.  Sorry to cut it in pieces here..You write you are going to write about the funny stuff, and you bring a smile to our face with your writing.. Yoo Ah-In is actually a wonderful actor, and very popular in Korea, for that reason. He is also very animated. I enjoyed seeing him in drama awards, for example.   He was actually in same drama with Ji Jin-Hee (I still need to watch it), "The Man Who Can't Mary"

unmarried_20.jpg

Looking forward to the new film with him "Like for Likes".

That scene where JE and HK remember ES... when I think of it, I still tear.  Remember, WJ also said her father is a star in the sky. That too was a sad segment..

We saw a lot of growth in JE too, after he comes back. Just as HK has changed so did he. He is resolute about her, even when he is angry (and she knows it). Even when her refers to her as "that other woman who has nothing to do with him...."  he really knows he will be in her life and she in his.

Thank you for your post (pg. 724), @hibiscus23. I hope you get to watch the last episode, it is so wonderful. And yes, I will watch Dear My Friends if it is subbed.

3D 수족관을 바라보는 해강(김현주), 진언(지진희), 우주(김하유)

아련한 눈빛으로 진언(지진희)을 바라보는 해강(김현주)

아련한 눈빛으로 해강(김현주)을 바라보는 진언(지진희)

• Like 10

thanks @irilight for always mentioning me in your post....thanks to you this forum still alive and kicking:D:P

about the compiling of all WRITER BAE  words of wisdom...... now re-watching 4ep.

also thanks for their still photos...i like the 3 of them JE...WJ...DHK...isn't it more appeasing if the ending was like that ...they have 2nd EUN-SOL?:P

• Like 7

@irilight hi hi chingu, ur more than welcome i can't even recall what i posted yayyy hahaha i know i'll surely watch the ones i've been lagging on! thnx for all the pix here & woah Kim is so gorgeous N so is JJH! :)

yeah i can't wait to watch DMF drama hopefully it will be subed :)

• Like 7