[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

Indeed the main reason of poor ratings was due to script in 1st 9 episodes esp on HG, JE & SR (fighting & affair).  it was hard for many to watch & revisit ep 1-9. We live in a broken world and many people didn't want to indulge in such drama over weekend.  If we do not watch ep 1-9, we will think JE deliberately enter into an affair and we think Je is despicable. In fact, I felt the writer should reveal JE feeling through HW (his fren) what is his pain and anguish when Je contemplate divorce in a elaborated manner. It was such a mystery and guessing. Writer should show first few episode pre married, marriage (changes) etc.

As I said in earlier post, I agreed what JJH said about JE character using SR as an escape route is not so real for a man would do based on my male collegues and many male opinion. Probably, the writer is a woman.

Lets look at JE character without his mess with SR. Original JE character is actually a man of integrity, non greed, "good",  he detests evil, fun loving & lovable man, love to joke ( surely HG married JE not only JE love her but surely JE has good character & HG is intelligent woman), submissive to wife.

What was HG character before she got married and after married before amnesia? - ambitious, unfriendly, cold , not living among people, hardly communicate , cruel in words and dominate the husband.

For me, JE is just "taken" by HG's beauty before married and he followed her despite her hardness. Perhaps JE wants to melt the ice in her lo. HG also got pride issue. She failed to tell JE that she loves her and she is always the "dominant character" before and after marriage

The writer and directions made HG look good despite all wrongs she had done.  If we or our family members are victims of pudoxin, what u think? we are talking abt life and well being of person. I do not think JE is despicable if he entered relationship compared to people causing life and death.That's the reason her serving in jail is valid in story line. The story makes HG looks too good that the viewer want her wrongdoing overlook. What is justice? What the law should uphold?

If we revisit ep 38, conversation between HG & JE at dining table. HG invited JE as she cooked dinner for JE. HG told JE that after her memory recover,  she did not want to start over with JE not because she did not forgive JE. HG saw all her wrongs doings and evil after recovered. As HG before amnesia, HG don't feel remorse for her wrongs and still didn't want divorce. post recovery, she saw her own deeds.

The drama is good overall. JJH acting was good & the emotions. I have never seen a man cry, cry on hearing wife death, cry at hospital, cry when Je tells HG that it's over and will love her in the next life and his lostness when HG ride on the prison bus.

Personally a good actor and actress ability to play different role at same time should not be too hard. KJH original character is joyful. JJH should be a joyful man that speaks little. Acting cold HG and crying HG may me KHJ challenge instead DKYG. JJH role as JE is complete different from Dong Yi. I think JJH has achieved another milestone in his acting from the new experience. In Dong Yi, JJH acted 50 episodes, and no complain of tired emotionally. Watch the making of IHAL, u will see JJH seriously trying to grasp. I understand the writer is still writing the script and researching even the day of acting. so JJH done well for so little time to perform. I think the director was good. I still think the early ep 1-9 should focus on pre-married life (JE & HG), married (with children), HG changed, amnesia. Writer should introduce JE relationship with SR after divorce (even SR likes him).

Actually the gist is that both JE & HG divorce without making attempt to communicate and reconcile the difference. JE is fighting to escape whilst HG is fighting to salvage marriage without knowing the root cause of why the marriage hit the rocks. We must understand JE see all "HG" after marriage. Day in day out, a man see how bad is his wife that he love. He loathe HG's deeds notwithstanding he loved her. probably the writer wants to use SR to show HG loathe JE due to betrayal to fit the OST lyrics. sadly this is not well received by viewers. Escape route using relationship will not be used by man. Man is not emotional. JE can cite death of ES and unacceptable deeds of HG as route of divorce. It's the writer story line that HG hates JE. I do not see HG hates JE. 

This drama has a lot of lessons for those intending to get married and know so less of ur prospects and those guys dominant by wife or ladies who wants to dominate husband. Would a guy stand HG character (pre amnesia)?

The final 12 episodes are good. HG finally heard JE telling her to learn to live among people. The jail terms are essential for HG when she lives amongst fellow prisoners when she has more friends. BS has said he is HG best friend. HG does not have friends to confide pre amnesia. How was DHG as a daughter in law? Remember she promised to do well as wife and daughter in law ending.

For BS character is good and normal for Korean. Nobody can stop one from loving others or any reciprocal.

All HG character flaws was overlooked by the beauty and the performances of KJH. ha ha ha.. KJH looks class & beautiful after her recovery. Her office wear & etc. That's DHG. DYK's style is different. Even we can see how DHG wants her buamdong house to be renovated. Just different character though twins. Issue is with BS. what is DKYG character like as his first lover? I feel amnesia DKYG (HG) and DGYG is different in character.

Indeed, the drama was positive as it shows JE and HG changed for the sake of love for one another to make the 2nd marriage works.

Marriage is a place when all our weakness are refined to make us a better person (not selfish) , looks of interest of the other when live together. No longer all about 'me'.

• Like 10

Dear all,

I hope there will be more viewers coming forth to watch iHal. worth all the time than all those fantasy and fake drama out there. Adultery is real. This drama did not promote adultery or endorse it. JE confessed he messed up and he was wrong. so many times he admit, even to ep 50. Human is weak and can act folly.

Lets ponder abt how to make our relationship and our marriages works. I hope many partners will seek counselling of professional and talk heart to heart . aim is to change ourself, to live beautifully and forget all blaming games or overemphasise on the other spouse fault.

change starts from ourself. Otherwise it will become a mess up like IHAL or irreconciliable differences.

Irreconciliable differences are due to many people who failed to acknowledge their own flaws and didn't want to change to work out or impatience.

Your spouse is not the perfect man or woman. Learn to do well as husband and wife. That's why JE and HG said. I will be a good husband and good wife. I will do well this time. Wife do well. Husband do well. Live among people and your spouse family members. Marriage is really married to a family of new people. I think the story of ihal will not be forgotten by me because the rest of Korean dramas is so much fantasy. Human must learn to look at the issues of life and ponder deeply to change. Sad, many people hide their loneliness, sorrow & pain under fantasy drama, fairy tale or perfect story line is so temporary. They forgot to face the fact. ponder what really went wrong. It will not heal brokeness or issues in relationship. People run into divorce, abortion & etc. People opt for co-habitation instead of marriage because of selfishness and passion and no interst of commitment to one another. It is a mess in the thought process of this generation towards marriage. divorce so easy this day. running to another relationship to hid the issue and hid our own flaws. Like JE, he purely didn't have a heart to heart talk with HG about things went wrong. JE was follower and he just let the wife decide. No attempt to sit down and makes marriages or relationship works. they should see a marriage counsellor or receive marriage counselling before married. The story is good because it shows real "LOVE" that truly existing between the two can overlook each other short-comings and let go. The drama ended with a goal of renewed marriage life between conversation HG & JE at the bed for another 40 years. That's the message. listen & truly that's the objective..

• Like 11

On 3/12/2016 at 1:30 AM, jyfan88 said:

Hi lovers! Hehe i've disappeared for quite a while.. but omg its great how this thread is still quite active!! I shall catch up with all the posts in a while:wub: Well i too have not gotten over my obsession with this drama and actually KHJ too:w00t: Guess who rewatched not only IHAL but Whats With This Family and Dummy Mommy too! (KHJ's dramas) 

Now having known the whole storyline of IHAL i tend to pick scenes that i want to rewatch and i believe i'm not the only one hehe, so maybe we could all share our top 5 favourite scenes in this drama?

Mod edit: Do not quote photos/long posts. Sorry for cutting this post.

Further to the above, I like few other scenes:

1. HG and JE at the wall outside JE house , sharing same ear-phone..(something so new) & holding hand

2. Scene HG spoke to JE abt cooking dinner and breakfast for him and scene in elevator before seeing JE death. The chemistry and love HG looking into eyes Je. That exchanging gaze....

3. JE's crying in hospital..where got man cry like this..tears and shaky so real..& pain for the actor himself

4. JE crying when he was in tears drawing  line with HG after he revealed to HG that his dad killed HG death. It's like over between JE & HG. watch the tears of JJH and I bet it takes lots of emotion and pain for a male actor to come out. JJH for a start not an emotional & teary actor. For woman actress, so common.

5. Touching scene of HG listening with love and tears abt drunk JE speaking heart to heart of his pain and anger. HG was so gentle and feeling broken when she finally understood what JE was going through for 1 year (pain , anger and not short of forgetting her, despite never visited her). In that scene, she realised she was in JE head and mind all the time. KJH emotion was so good.

6. that scene of lobster was funny

7. that scene under rain when SR send photos of JE & SR to amnesia HG. The emotion of KJH and JE were good

Many many more...

• Like 8

Wow! Many of KHJ's co star seems to be singing praises of her. I wouldn't least dispute it. I believe most of us agree her acting in IHALwas excellent! She certainly deserved the acknowledgement and applause. 

However, I do hope some mag will interview her on her role soon. Only she know best where she stood in her last 2 characters; and multiple roles. It's only through her own reflections or possibly regrets that we will experience a greater heights in her next role. A furtherment in her 20 years career. 

Likewise for the other artists, I hope they had a reflection on their own too. All in the name of viewers enjoyment! A betterment for the next drama 

Congratulations to team ihal once again! 

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, juntan said:

Wow! Many of KHJ's co star seems to be singing praises of her. I wouldn't least dispute it. I believe most of us agree her acting in IHALwas excellent! She certainly deserved the acknowledgement and applause. 

However, I do hope some mag will interview her on her role soon. Only she know best where she stood in her last 2 characters; and multiple roles. It's only through her own reflections or possibly regrets that we will experience a greater heights in her next role. A furtherment in her 20 years career. 

Likewise for the other artists, I hope they had a reflection on their own too. All in the name of viewers enjoyment! A betterment for the next drama 

Congratulations to team ihal once again! 

Yes, KHJ was good and able to grasp her understanding of the script well .  She got a good script that allows her to show the changes and maturing of DHG. Again, her elegant looks, beauty and age suit the script requirement.

IHAL is centre on DHG: the story of a woman who said she has a lover. You can see the beginning episode,  it started with her getting into accident and look back 3 months before accident and 4 years later. DHG's entire lives revolves around her lover CJE. HG said there is some one who is crazy about her. For HG, she said her lover is crazy abt her, loathe her and she overlook Pudoxin case because of JE's father company. She is loyal to JE's dad (FIL) /dad company. Later, she choose to become a good daughter in law because of JE (her lover). at end, she didn't go back to pharmaceutical because JE was doing well and inherited what rightfully belongs to him. JE refused to  burden HG with himself(include family issue) anymore and refuse to marry HG again.

KJH got a good script because the whole IHAL is about her.

Low ratings was due to viewers do not feel good to watch events from Ep 1-9, it  is hard to watch.  Human resorted to dramas for some entertainment . From ep 10 onwards, it is less burdensome. Low rating has nothing to do with casts performance. both KJH and JJH excellent performances and chemistry makes the story shine with good directions.

• Like 8

@jadecloud   thanks for posting the article about BS....beforehand BS knows  that HK will  reconcile with JE.... no wonder he never push himself in trying to win the heart of DHK...at least he knows where he stand.:blink:

@juntan   how cute the photo of them...KHJ must hurry to find a man for herself, it's a waste if she doesn't have a mini me KHJ.:P

• Like 4

22 hours ago, lover7 said:

Probably, the writer is a woman.

The writer is a woman. This is her... Bae Yoo Mi.:wub:

z1V2Vmt.jpg

CR: JOINS ISPLUS

• Name: Bae Yoo-Mi
  • Hangul: 배유미
  • Born: May 2, 1971
  • Birthplace: South Korea

Screen Writer

Awards

CR: Asianwiki

• Like 5

03/03/2016  'I Have A Lover' Gong Hyung Jin: "Kim Hyun Joo, the best of performers I have seen." (have I posted this before? I can't remember. But look how the makeover transformed a villian MTS into a good looking man GHJ is... hehe)

mCVkKPE.jpg5BqMhxa.jpg

CR: JOINS ISPLUS ARTICLE

May 14, 2016 'I Have A Lover', actor Lee Gyu-han, "I want to continue to work on acting without regard to genre and characters."

ZlCRvXW.jpgEhVLacF.jpg

CR: LIFETODAY  ARTICLE

• Like 7

On 3/15/2016 at 10:42 AM, jadecloud said:

The writer is a woman. This is her... Bae Yoo Mi.:wub:

Mod edit: Do not quote photos/videos.

CR: JOINS ISPLUS

• Name: Bae Yoo-Mi
  • Hangul: 배유미
  • Born: May 2, 1971
  • Birthplace: South Korea

Screen Writer

Awards

CR: Asianwiki

jadecloud: Thanks for explaining the writer is a woman. no wonder the male actors JJH &  LGH finds certain characters of the script is a bit hard to grasp esp on SR & affair as escape route. Affair is not ridiculous in any marriage but as a tool of escape is a bit ridiculous. When a man cite divorce and claim all reasons against wife, surely it hurt a woman. Man rarely ready to enter to fresh commitment if earlier marriage is disaster due to wife character. Most man in JE's shoes cannot imagine a failed marriage like having a wife ( like HG ) used to be like SR before marriage. If married again, will SR be like HG? a good man will be too afraid to start or commit even in adultery. Unless a  man is womaniser or easily tempted. The affair as an escape route not a good story. It would be better JE and SR relationship starts after the divorce. Maybe the affair of husband has to be the only storyline & be  consistent with original sound track that really makes a woman (HG) hate/loathe a man (JE).  Hate & love relationship. What makes a man hate his wife? what makes a wife hate his husband? Break up in marriage is not necessarily affair though in most cases.

In IHAL, the main character is HG. Despite her wrong deeds , the writer has been so kind , putting blame on husband and family. The character of HG and as  a wife was wrong first.  HG admit she was wrong . HG saw her evil after recovery from amnesia (after becoming DKYG). HG confessed her stone attitude and failure to become a daughter in law. All the unfair angry chanting of "affair" in this show, are unfair to IHAL. Perhaps woman likes to blame man.

I do not wish to be bias of KJH. Her acting is nothing to do with the character of the story.  Je affair may makes many overlook the real issue of the marriage breakdown in IHAL. I guessed many  criticisers of IHAL didn't see every scene the drama from ep 1-9 otherwise would not jump into wrong conclusion. So pity, many woman viewers missed the "message". Most of them , blame the man and the  affair  and makes HG pitiable. Was the affair cause HG putting her thumb print to divorce? HG can choose not to put thumb print on divorce. HG knew JE has misunderstood her and she can't salvage this marriage. However, HG was determined to win back JE when FIL offer her to go china. she warned SR that SR may not have won.

• Like 5

On ‎13‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, ELY_397 said:

I do agree that the whole affair contributed to the (low) ratings as most female viewers would not want see an adulterer getting a good ending. However, had JE and HK divorced because of irreconcilable differences without the affair, then the whole redemption story would only centre around HK but not JE. The point of the story is redemption for both leads.

To get better ratings, the writer could have watered down the affair to make it less distasteful. For example, JE and SR could have a drunken one night stand with no emotional attachments instead of a full blown affair. JE did not have to react so harshly after HK's attempted suicide, and JE and SR did not have to go off to the U.S together. Also, JE could have made attempts to contact HK while he was in the U.S. And yes SR was wicked but the way JE broke off with her was mean too.

Obviously, the writer wanted to make JE as despicable as possible to make a point. HK was indirectly responsible for ES' death and the writer wanted to give JE an equally despicable crime!

I think the female viewers  blinded by the affair as trigger point of separation rather  than the "female lead" evil doings. That's really biggest issue in marriage breakdown in real life these days. Woman always blame man. It takes 2 parties to clap that hand to make the noise. Affair is so normal. I see married woman (with children) with married man real life at my work place. The married woman offered herself for personal gains and stayed on top.

• Like 6

On 3/10/2016 at 4:40 AM, jadecloud said:

@trust71 @pennyloo I look forward to your QQ compilation and your recaps/questions :) 

Mod edit: Do not quote photos/long posts.

for a marriage that has ended in divorce, forgiveness does not mean getting back together in 2nd marriage. very rarely. Many will cite forgiving one another but those past nightmare in marriage fighting is still  in sub conscious and many cannot visualise to remarry each other and live together as husband and wife. They will cite "we can only be friend" esp those with children & nothing more to live together. Living together as husband and wife is different from passionate dating relationship. Husband will see the "real" character/habits of the wife & wife will see all the character/habits of the husband once married. It takes real love to accept each other flaws and each other willing to improve or change to makes the marriage a success. "Blaming game" or "zeroing on each other imperfectness" will lead to marriage hitting rocks. Sad, many divorced couple didn't remarried because 3rd party or unreconciliable differences or impatience to work out differences.

For iHal, the story is so different. The man (Je) hates the woman (HG) for all her attitude after marriage & pain. yet the man loves her. HG indeed hated JE for betrayal but HG still loves JE (because she knew JE & SR) yet didn't want divorce. Reason HG told SR not to interfere between JE & her . HG told SR that she will handle it and HG knew the marriage breakdown and what confronting JE was not due to SR at all.  Where there's still real love between 2 parties, each other being patience in waiting for change of character and working out differences will pave way for reconciliation and marriage restoration.  In HG & JE, HG said she wanted to be JE wife again after seeing " all " of him . For JE, he wanted HG but no confident as a wife unless HG willing to give her all (her secret sorrows/pain to him). For JE, he felt mad because HG live life without involving him in all things.

• Like 8

I love the final quote by je when he reminded hg to eat & share his apple

Je quoted to HG "because your body is ...." :wub:& together they looked at each other, together saying "Mine":wub:

It means " I belong to my Beloved" :wub:and "my Beloved is mine"..(not in sexual terms):wub:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, lover7 said:

I do not wish to be bias of KJH. Her acting is nothing to do with the character of the story.

Hmm...I don't understand your point on KHJ. Why is her acting 'nothing to do with the character of the story'? KHJ was the one who had to flesh out the character of HK. Without her superb (multiple roles) performances primarily as HK, viewers would not have grasped a woman so in love and so determined to salvage her marriage, to seek redemption for self as well as accord redemption to others, esp to JE. I believe if it were any other less capable actress, HK and YK would have been disastrous to watch, let alone for viewers to discern who is whom, don't you think? If it wasn't KHJ's acting, would she have won Netizen Popularity Award. not to mention the other awards she has already garnered for her IHAL performance? Moreover, would her co-stars, seasoned ones like JJH, GHJ and LGH, have sang praises of her awesome acting, and not forgetting many of the k-media have raved about her multiple roles superb performances? 

Of course, KHJ alone would not have made IHAL as interesting and intriguing as it had. Kudos too to the main cast, the rest of the cast and crew. 

tVJd3lE.jpg

CR: STAR MK

2 hours ago, lover7 said:

Je affair may makes many overlook the real issue of the marriage breakdown in IHAL. I guessed many  criticisers of IHAL didn't see every scene the drama from ep 1-9 otherwise would not jump into wrong conclusion. So pity, many woman viewers missed the "message". Most of them , blame the man and the  affair  and makes HG pitiable.

On this point, I fully agree with you. Many viewers have stopped watching somewhere along those first nine eps. There are also many who have not started on it at all, based solely on the synopsis of 'immoral' relationship. I wonder if writernim has done a different draft of the synopsis and character description, as well as a different script for the first few eps, would that have made her reach more and wider viewership than IHAL was dismally getting? That though, is already wishful thinking. 

Whatever the case, IHAL does have a huge following. If not, there would not have been the occurrence of what k-media termed 'fandom phenomenon'.

On a related note, the drama 'Babysitter' which premiered on 3/14 had started with an affair as well, and that started the k-media questioning 'why start a drama with a toxic affair?'. That shows how repulsive this topic is to SK viewers, including the k-media. For IHAL fandom, that's not surprising cos it was the exact reaction for IHAL when it started. I haven't watched it and in fact didn't know about this drama, which is only a 4-ep filler for the next upcoming drama. But with this news, I'm curious and will check out this drama. 

'Babysitter' Why drama beginning was with toxic matter of adultery first?

imdl0nL.jpgkZAjO9o.jpg

CR: CHOSUN NEWS ARTICLE

Btw, 'Babysitter' drama plot (CR: Asianwiki):

An attractive babysitter, who graduated from a prestigious university, begins to work as a babysitter for 3 children from a wealthy couple. The attractive babysitter begins to change.

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, annisaaa said:

Guys...  Does anyone know the name of Hae Gang's favorite song?

Isuddenly want to know the title of her favorit song,

I guess that song also appeareance on drama "Madame Antoine" :)

Yes, MA's unofficial OST is this song...

Hae Kang's fave song...

PWXIPBC.png  LINK

Also, Hae Kang's fave music... (also Jin Eon's fave)

And... Hae Kang's fave poem ... (if interested, look in spoilers :) )

Spoiler

(From my post on pg 466)

Below's the translated poem:

Ivy  

That is a wall. 

When it feels like just one of those walls, 

Then,

The ivy silently climbs the wall. 

When it is called a wall of despair, 

Without a drop of water, and not a single grain of seed could survive, 

The ivy moves forward without haste.

Even a short span is scaled together, hand in hand,

Until all despair is covered in blue, 

There is no letting go of that despair.

When we shake our heads before an insurmountable wall,

An ivy leaf leads thousands of ivy leaves,

And eventually conquers the wall.

Poet DJH is apparently one of several poets well-liked by kwriters. His work is often cited in kdramas. Most recent citing in another kdrama I've watched - MLED. 

CR: DJH Site

Commentary on work of 'Ivy' in DJH site:

A willingness to go beyond the walls of despair that a human life encounters, is a work expressed through a subject called Ivy. 'Wall of Despair' where there's 'no hurry', but a willingness for multiple 'hand in hand together', is the ivy climbing to overcome despair. It symbolizes the strong desire for hope of a future. The poet/artist's attention to subjects commonly found in everyday life, and the ability of the poet/artist to capture the attitude of the meaning of life and living an outstanding and exemplary life.

----------------

Ivy 

DJH's BOOK:

Ivy(담쟁이) - Do Jong Hwan (도종환) Special Focus. 

Publisher: Poets Thought | 2012.08.10

Original Hangeul version of poem from the above book:

담쟁이

저것은 벽
어쩔 수 없는 벽이라고 우리가 느낄 때
그때 담쟁이는 말없이 그 벽을 오른다. 
물 한 방울 없고 씨앗 한 톨 살아남을 수 없는
저것은 절망의 벽이라고 말할 때

담쟁이는 서두르지 않고 앞으로 나아간다
한 뼘이라도 꼭 여럿이 함께 손을 잡고 올라간다
푸르게 절망을 다 덮을 때까지
바로 그 절망을 잡고 놓지 않는다
저것은 넘을 수 없는 벽이라고 고개를 떨구고 있을 때

담쟁이 잎 하나는 담쟁이 잎 수 천 개를 이끌고

결국 그 벽을 넘는다

CR: DJH Site

• Like 9

16 hours ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@juntan

Mod edit: Do not quote photos/videos.

" Hayu's recent outing with Aunty Joo after the drama ended "

Kim Hyun Joo brought Hayu to Namsan via the cable car

i guessed it right. it's in Namsan.:heart: i recognized the staircase. i went there last september 2014.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jadecloud said:

Hmm...I don't understand your point on KHJ. Why is her acting 'nothing to do with the character of the story'? KHJ was the one who had to flesh out the character of HK. Without her superb (multiple roles) performances primarily as HK, viewers would not have grasped a woman so in love and so determined to salvage her marriage, to seek redemption for self as well as accord redemption to others, esp to JE. I believe if it were any other less capable actress, HK and YK would have been disastrous to watch, let alone for viewers to discern who is whom, don't you think? If it wasn't KHJ's acting, would she have won Netizen Popularity Award. not to mention the other awards she has already garnered for her IHAL performance? Moreover, would her co-stars, seasoned ones like JJH, GHJ and LGH, have sang praises of her awesome acting, and not forgetting many of the k-media have raved about her multiple roles superb performances? 

Of course, KHJ alone would not have made IHAL as interesting and intriguing as it had. Kudos too to the main cast, the rest of the cast and crew. 

Mod edit: Do not quote photos/long posts.

to jadecloud: just clarify my statement of "KJH acting has nothing to do with the character of the drama". First, I have acknowledged KJH acted very good as she able to make a difference in 2 roles or evolving roles of DHG. I don't understand why viewers kept angry with "affair" and not the character shown by HG. Indeed KJH' facial expression and her chemistry with JJH kept many to see a long 50 episodes. The story of drama must also make sense in reality for me. I am not fan of angel or after life or fairy tale drama. I m more historical drama person.

I hope "woman viewers"  would be able to reflect upon  the "character of HG or the rest" or "the message  in that drama"  instead on "the acting" or "the affair" or "always the man is the problem" . Personally, I have not watch KJH. Somehow, I read the tag line,  the story line and kept me wonder how this writer describe one to say " I have a lover" . The message of the drama is healthy though it exposes the wrongs, sins , greed, affair of the present society ( though morally wrong).

If the writer would tone down "fighting HG, JE & SR"  in Ep 1-9, showing evolvement of HG thro pre-marriage life (courting), marriage & given birth, change in personality when she is in corporate ladder, fight, death, divorce & new relation ship before the amnesia, IHAL will made a success with a balance. Probably the writer likes to make viewer thinks . Even we praise KJH acting from ep 7 onwards because it was so cold earlier on...With good script and roles, KJH was able to demonstrate her hidden acting capability I must say as she is able to manouvere differently.

The leads KJH and JJH played very well. Their "in tune" and facial expression support each other.  It cannot take only one party to show the scene well. The story is still abt DHG ( the woman story). KJH role as HG is the main driver of IHAL , though her life evolves entirely on her lover (JE).

• Like 6