[Drama 2015/2016] I Have A Lover 애인있어요

irilight

1 hour ago, lclarakl said:

I also wanted to say Thank You to @irilight for starting this thread and a special "Shout Out" to two posters that were always like the cheerleaders for everyone. It didn't matter if they agreed or disagreed with our post, they always acknowledged what you had to say:  @trust71 and @andy78.

thank you my dear you are so kind...i'm glad everybody got their happy end even the snake(TS) we realize JR is not giving up on him...will keep visiting him...he won't die alone and forgotten  even if most of us think he deserves that...

• Like 17

3 hours ago, irilight said:

Thank you live recappers of this last morning of IHAL,  @trust71@jyfan88, @andy78@chubbychub1966@Kehinde, @drmjs@maplekist, @tiMadam,

Thank you for insights and comment, @deandraluv, @Lmangla, @gerrytan8063, @trustnoone16, @annisaaa, @sunshinefate, @12blbl,

Thank you @chubbychub1966 for wonderful gifs

Our last morning with live show....!

Thank you all Lovers who have been here..

Nice ending to our long drama

I'll continue to post screencaps, and then go over what you all have offered.

Thank you all the recappers, translators, gifs, screencappers above and also @tambui, and some others who provided previews and other pics...also @jadecloud , @lenet for your translations from c-sub when VIKI took days to sub, and to all commenters..again this was great forum..lots of debates ( @lclarakl i enjoyed our debate) and we made it through a 50 ep journey of finding love again for HK & JE after tumultuous start. and we all may not have agreed on how they work this out but I'm glad they find their way back to each other......Thank you ALL!!!!

• Like 18

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it would have been really interesting if the writer had explored how hard it was for SR to let go. instead, it was like she got the same cold bacteria amnesia from HK and just moved on....

Hahahahaha!  A good one.  So funny how you put it.  Not sure if there is cold bacteria but it works for me.

• Like 14

Here is a rough translation of when HK and JE are eating steak together. Sorry if it's a bit off... Cr. Vietsub 

0:15:41-0:18:41

LrlaEyY.gif

HK: Are we really almost geting married?

JE: This isn't like we're married?

HK: Just take? Like this?

JE: Huh? You want me to propose? I said I've already returned the ring. What's so important about it? What's in our heart is most important. You're not choosing the ring over this crazy man right now are you... *JE changes the topic* I grilled this steak really good.

*HK chewing and looking at JE disappointed and angry*

M8Xb08U.gif

JE: It's keep melting in my mouth. This is the perfect taste. It's so good! What time should I come tomorrow?

*HK still angry*

-Scene Transition- *HK sprays febreeze on JE*

7v6eSVl.gif

HK: Turn around

*JE turns around*

HK: Stop. *HK gives JE his jacket* You should go. 

-JE about to leave...-

kdvoT0x.gif

JE: Oh! Give me what you owe me.

HK: What are you talking about?

JE: Why are you giving me that face? The promise we made in the sauna. It's mine. Give it back. *JE closes his eyes* I really want it, hurry.

*HK kisss JE*

xMRQ2AC.gif

*JE stops*

JE: I am sorry, let's stop. If you're like this, I can't go to the company BLAH BLAH BLAH (sorry didn't really understand this part). Because of you, I am going crazy. I'm leaving. Tomorrow, ok? Tomorrow. *JE leaves*

9Z0Je4V.gif

• Like 16

Chingus, it was too early for me to live stream with you but just finished watching EP 50 raw.

No YK, WJ or Dr. Min but there was Yoo Ah In, our SeonJae from Secret Love Affair!  YAI seems to be everywhere these days.  The movie they (JE, HG and mom) went to see is 'Like for Likes' which premiered in Korea on Feb 16th.

Until the EP 50 sub is complete here are some highlights I didn't see in other recaps above:

. at the beginning In front of the spa, DHG says 'a woman’s hand bag is her pride' JE responds by saying' a man's woman’s hand bag is the man’s pride' (I have no idea what this means it sounds too deep, for early morning).

. when they were picking up clothes to go into the sauna DHG says you will look funny in these clothing, to which JE says 'I told you I’ve worn them before' (did DHG really not see him the last time?)

. When the spa lady says you need to leave all your valuables, JE asks to confirm what she said and then tells her he will need to leave his wife with her (uh, how sweet)...

. JE thought 10 whole minutes (to change) was too long a time away from DHG....

. HG says JE looks like ajussi, JE says he is an ajussi, 'you will cry a storm when I am a grandpa!'  She jokes about him having no teeth and he jokes about her having to pick up her cane in their old age

. JE couldn’t/didn't crack an egg on HG’s forehead because he didn’t want to (physically) hurt her

. BS and his assistant were working on proving forgery re: JE's father's affidavits (this was not resolved, does this not implicate JR?).

. HW visits BS to say HG and JE are finally getting married and that BS will be asked to be a witness for heir marriage registration

. BS agrees to be a witness after thinking about it for a long time when they were drinking beer - he asks out loud 'if he didn't do it who would/should'

. BS and his assistant get home and she asks the taxi driver to go back to the office and back again so BS can sleep some more since he probably couldn’t sleep tonight. She knows what he's going through.  The taxi driver says no he's busy, BS asks the assistant to take the taxi home since it's hard to get one in the neighbourhood, she gets off anyway 

‘ I like you, probably because you are still pretty’ (this is what the waterboy said to SR), this caught my ear even though I don't care much about SR - I will have to watch this part again because it sounded very romantic the way he said it - power of Korean language with its in between the lines meaning - and it somehow foretold his long term commitment to her .. I know that's hard to tell from English translation of this.

. At the dinner table, JE's Mom tells JR to go abroad with the kids - JR says she can’t when MTS is here, mom says he got life and he is not coming out 

. These two have real sweet conversation here - JR says she doesn't want mom to move to Buamdong - mom speaks about how she is more concerned about JR than JE these days and JR finally calls her mom (but will JR be punished?)

Marking the times of their love: the theme of EP 50:

I don't know if you guys caught this without the sub but you hear DHG's voiceover throughout EP 50 - she was marking different times like 4pm, 7pm, 8pm and ends it by saying 'the time we loved/love'.  Those were times, when they were talking, eating, cooking, watching movies, fighting (JE got jealous about HG going to work of BS) and crying over their daughter ES, or rushing around in the morning to go to work - and sleeping soundly passed the alarm.  Those were times they loved.  I guess this was the writer's expression of love that love is not anything grand but two people sharing life's moments, good, bad and ugly.  Giving themselves to each other.  

BTW

. I love the look of Korean books - interesting the bookshelves in JE/HG's old/new house remained empty the whole time and now they are filled up - the empty shelves were prominently featured when YK and WJ lived there - now they are full - are they big readers? - I suppose it's another form of closure for the writer - the full circle

. Oh those Korean apples, so big, juicy and sweet at the end - nothing like Korean apples a size of child's head

BUT NO WOOJOO !!!  Oh well. Once again, I've learned to surrender to writers at the end of series for my own mental health and well being.  Cheers.

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

lol... :lol::lol::lol:....

its weird that SR just got tacked on a love interest at this late stage. it is not like any of us felt bad that she was alone. did the writer? it would have been really interesting if the writer had explored how hard it was for SR to let go. instead, it was like she got the same cold bacteria amnesia from HK and just moved on....

These are the gaps and holes that presented a problem for me. There was no real exploration into the emotional turmoil that the characters had to go through in order to make the decision of forgiveness --they didn't really go thorough the different stages of grief.  I've always felt that the writer changed her story and I think that's why some characters were written very well with a solid story around them and others not so solid and a lot of going back and forth and at times in circles and contradictory.

I felt the writer really never knew how to reconciled this couple so she just made it happen. After going throw the real life drama of mayhem on the set of CITT where the PD deleted scenes of the lead from the drama and replaced them with the second lead (one episode the lead is in it for only 6 to 8 minutes), it just confirms for me that where there are gaps in a story that began with a strong solid base, then something was happening behind the scene. I'm not a fan of Netizens, but after witnessing first hand what happened on CITT, I want to join them. They are a powerful group when they get behind a cause.

All that being said, I hope I see the actor who played BS in another drama. He was my favorite character, if not a little pathetic at times.

• Like 15

February 28, 2016 --- Sunday ---LATE Afternoon.

I'm in serious "denial"!   :(  Read only p.708.  Went away. Now starting with p.715.  Only because I don't want to miss all the "farewell Posts".  I have a general idea how it all plays out in the end.  We have had hints. Viki at 8% ---Don't think I can take seeing it "raw" first this time!

I'll read from p.715 onwards --- saving Episode 50 until the very end!  Like I save up the dessert for last!  Then it will really be over!

@seungshin --- Hello! and already Goodbye!     Yoo Ah In? Really?  Our "Seon Jae"! ---"Be still, my heart"!    I always remember them & can never can forget "Seon Jae" ---Keeping  an eye on Yoo Ah In's works, but decided to take a "pass" on the 50 episode drama, "Six Flying Dragons" until later! But looking forward to seeing Kim Hee Ae (aka "Hye Won") in "Mrs. Cop, Season 2" following IHAL on SBS.  Not a "deep" drama but very enjoyable!  I knew she'd make a great Detective--- Thought YAI would do well being with her in such a drama.  Oh, well --- maybe far ahead, a future reunion project!  Thank you for all the "previews" in your post ---Now I'll enjoy them even more later.

Had to smile at the photo of  MTS actor and JR actress --- striking that famous "sharing the music at the wall" pose!

And when Hae Gang sprayed Jin Eon with "Febreze" (?) --- I remembered how once he did the same thing to remove her fragrance!!!  I quess Writer Bae put lots of little "parallels" into the last episode!

My Goodbye to Everyone who followed this forum together. Thank you to all of you!  It's been a       wonderful and memorable experience.  I didn't realize it' been 6 months!   Time passed so quickly.       

:cold_sweat:  :heart:  :fearful:  :heart:  :frown:  :heart:  :flushed:  :heart:  :blush:  :heart:  :glasses:  :heart:     :blush:

• Like 19

On 2/28/2016 at 11:40 PM, irilight said:

More from the wrap up party

Looks like these guys had fun with one of our favorite scenes.

thanks  @irilight   for posting here some of their wrap up party pictures..:heart:

On 2/28/2016 at 11:46 PM, Kehinde said:

Sorry for all of this, I'm just excited that our drama is getting the recognition it deserves

no need to be sorry CHINGU  at least... we that doesn't have any access in seeing all this kind of article about this wonderful drama ..you guys are their to let us know.

On 2/28/2016 at 10:14 PM, maplekist said:

hmmm so there is now a febreeze treatment hahahaha...

at first i don't get what is that febreeze treatment you wrote:P  until i read what  @chubbychub1966 rough translation  during their dinner and DHK sprayed that febreeze....actually is a spray:lol:

• Like 13

On 2/27/2016 at 2:20 PM, jadecloud said:

I've edited my 'regrets' with this:

- that BJW wasn't recognized for her role as JR (but am glad her performance caught the eye of a biggie agency whom she signed on with. Chugai!)

@jadecloud,  ooooh.. That makes me super happy. I hope we see her again soon, in another wonderful and challenging role... Which is the agency, please?

9 hours ago, maplekist said:

And as HG leans for a kiss, JE grabs her for a deeper kiss.

When HG gets into the mood, JE pulled away! dang this man tempting HG!!!! hahahahaha

9 hours ago, Kehinde said:

WHAT A KISS!!!!:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I was so sad I missed that moment this morning...  And so glad that @chubbychub1966 caught it with gif...

Here are the stills for it. You can see that in the beginning HG is sort of resisting a bit. As soon as she put her arms around him, he stopped it. What a tease he was..

12805772_10207428052273950_8471018428952

12801395_10207428052633959_1747316814734

12809744_10207428053313976_4394067356770

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mian... I was gone. Had to catch up on sleep. Will catch up on thread now..

• Like 16

Guest my2centsworth
8 hours ago, drmjs said:

Before anything else, I would like to thank you Lovers for this awesome thread. It's one of the best threads I've ever participated in, so kamsammida. 

@irilight, thanks for starting this thread, you've done a superb job in keeping things going smoothly here and you've been active till the end. I admire your efforts and I'll look forward to seeing you at the other threads. I do see you and @andy78 at the Signal thread, so till we meet again?

@jadecloud, @Lmangla, @chubbychub1966, @trust71, @Kehinde, @tiMadam, @DelroyB, @andy78, @mdj101

@deandraluv, @ihyw, @iamtaken, @my2centsworth, @thegoldbug, @Kfan7172 and a lot more, I enjoyed reading your posts!

@gerrytan8063, @seungshin and @lenetthanks for your invaluable translations.

@myonenonly - chingu! I'm glad to see you here. I hope all the Sunnies are okay. 

@lclarakl - even if you've dropped this drama, I want you to know that I liked how you fearlessly defended your views. We got a happy ending, too bad we didn't get to see little WJ, YK and the good doctor in the end. It would have been awesome if they made an appearance. 

As you may well know, this is the first 50 episode drama I've ever watched, I'm glad it turned out well. Like most dramas, it isn't perfect but it certainly drove home the importance of constancy, communication and trust in a relationship. HK and JE may have had it bad as a couple with all the hoops the writer made them jump through, but their epic love carried them over every hurdle. 

I'm now a Kim Hyun Joo fan and I'll be on the lookout for her future works. I find her so charismatic and talented, she practically stole every scene, wait...she's almost in every scene! Lol. I wish she was given the Daesang for her work in this drama. Ji Jin Hee, I've liked him since Take Care of Us Captain, it would have been great to see his work recognized with an award but Koreans didn't really like him in this role and the poor guy valiantly waved off the onslaught of negative publicity. A cheating husband just doesn't suit his stature as a revered actor. 

I will probably give my other insights when I've finished watching the subbed episodes. Thanks Lovers, I loved hanging with you guys.

Hope to see you soon in another forum......bye for now.

9 hours ago, andy78 said:

ADVICED JR TO LIVE ...JR ASKED JE MOM  TO LIVE TOGETHER CALLED HER STEP MOM FIRST...NOW FINALLY CALLED HER MOM

9 hours ago, maplekist said:

they are now coming to terms and she started calling her omma... finally!

wow.. that is so huge for JR!  Finally SH got to her, that she is sincere with her advice and wishes for JR.   I remember SH gave her some advice before, about living in the present and getting rid of the anger and hate, and finding love within herself.   (In some ways, the new HK has become a role model).  JR had called SH mom once before, when she wanted to sneak TS into the house. Clearly that time, she was not sincere. Now, she is. There is hope for her....  (and maybe if there is hope for her, there will also be hope for TS)

10 hours ago, maplekist said:

After TS talked, she now responded to him... made him teary..

10 hours ago, trust71 said:

MTS SEEM AT PEACE WHEN JR VISIT HIM...JR SAID SOMETHING TO MTS.....SEEM HE WAS TOUCH...HE CRIED....JR SAID THAT HE MISSES MTS...AND MAKE HIM CRY.....JR ALSO CRIED WHEN MTS IS GOING BACK IN HIS PRISON CELL...

10 hours ago, andy78 said:

SNAKE TOLD HER SHE IS A STUPID BUT WE REALIZE HE IS TOUCHED ...VISIT END...JR SAID HONEY I'LL BE BACK EVERY DAY

They both seemed to be keeping their emotions in check until almost the end of the visit....  Maybe there is hope for him/them yet...

12806128_10207428993337476_6766884037916

She was keeping a brave facade until he tears, and then is taken away..

12809641_10207428995137521_2321502498766

• Like 14

Guest my2centsworth

The end has come.......was a great drama. Had it's disappointing parts but as a whole a very lovely love story. I have tremendously  enjoyed this drama and coming is here and enjoying everyone's comments. Sorry to say good-bye.....so I won't.....I am sure I will see many of you in other forums in the future. Best wishes to all and hope to see you soon. Good-bye to the wonderful cast and crew of I Have A Lover. Hope to see many of you in another drama in the future too.

10 hours ago, chubbychub1966 said:

HK watching a movie together with JE and his mother. It looks like JE is getting jealous at the actor hahaha day-dreaming-yahoo-emoticon.gif

JE HG and mom watching a movine.  JE looked at HG who is intently looking at Yoo Ah In hahaha... jealous again lol

Too funny....   haha-smiley.gif?1292867611

They were talking to their daughter very touching moment.. as this is the first time that they talk of and talk to their daughter.

HG breaksdown as she expresses her feelings for their daughter and JE pulls her...

wow.. this is huge for HK.. We all remember that in the beginning of the drama, JE was wanting/needing for HK to express her feelings about ES, and she could not. She was like a stone wall... She too, has come a long way.

• Like 13

Hoped to see a photo of Park Han Byul, catching the Bride's bouquet!  But alas, only a photo of the flowers in this article.  Maybe later articles will cover it!  The actress was such a good sport playing the Seol Ri, the woman we "loved to hate"!  Always felt bad about fans maybe treating her badly!     ^_^

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/02/27/hwang-jung-eum-ties-the-knot-with-star-friends-in-attendance-at-her-wedding/

How long can I stay away from Viki? (16%subs at 7:30 PM EST).      :(

• Like 12

11 hours ago, chubbychub1966 said:

Bravo to the whole cast

clapping-smiley-face.gif

HK finally cries next to JE about ES

Indeed, bravo to the whole cast and the production team and scriptwriter..   readingitia_clapping_animation_by_specia

Even watching your gif of HK crying over ES - @chubbychub1966 -  I am tearing...

11 hours ago, annisaaa said:

yeah. hope there is season 2 coming up:(

Wouldn't that be nice... A  Happy reunion....    Smiley

11 hours ago, chubbychub1966 said:

Hopefully, we may see JJH and KHJ working together in another drama. I love their chemistry.

Me too... I hope that will happen - eventually...

@jyfan88, thank you for translation of proposal scene.

@lclarakl, thank you for coming to say goodbye. it was wonderful to have you on the thread, even though we had different point of views, I always appreciate your sharing.  For sure I agree with you about the contribution of @trust71 and @andy78.

• Like 16

10 hours ago, drmjs said:

I'm now a Kim Hyun Joo fan and I'll be on the lookout for her future works. I find her so charismatic and talented, she practically stole every scene, wait...she's almost in every scene! Lol. I wish she was given the Daesang for her work in this drama. Ji Jin Hee, I've liked him since Take Care of Us Captain

10 hours ago, lgreg2720 said:

The performances were superb especially by the lead actors Kim hyun Joo and most especially the handsome and debonair ji Jin hee. They are a perfect match, no other pairing has exuded such rapport.

10 hours ago, Lilly58 said:

I truly going to miss HK and JE amazing chemistry. I'm going to miss this thread with all the intelligent and well written comments that made this drama even more addictive each episode

I am with you on this one, @drmjs , @lgreg2720 and @Lilly58   This is my first drama with Kim Hyun-Joo, and I will for sure go back and look at her other works. Probably will start with either "Twinkle Twinkle" from same scriptwirter, or "Cruel Palace."  Ji Jin-Hee I have adored ever since I have seen him in "Dae Jang-Geum" (still, one of my favorite Kdrama, and one of the very few I have watched again and again.)

I  also hope to see more drama in the future with both Baek Ji-Won (JR) and Kong Hyung-Jin (TS)

I will miss this thread too, with the incredible camaraderie, and amazing insights and contributions by everyone. The drama we watched was about the power of love, and this thread actually embodied heartness, day in and day out.

il_340x270-308116839.jpg?w=300

• Like 13

(I decided to post three posts, instead of one: random thoughts on ep. 50, Personal reflection, and my last words)

Random thoughts on ep 50:

-I think it was a very good and satisfactory ending, IMO (It would be perfect if there were the twin babies and big family reunion).   Like  @seungshin   said,  I guess this was the writer's expression of love that love is not anything grand but two people sharing life's moments, good, bad and ugly.  Giving themselves to each other. (Love it!) It was no grand ending but just a portrayal of real marriage couple going through their routines, enjoy each other’s company, fight, make up after the fight, grieve together and laugh together.  Marriage life is not a-happily-ever-after-life.  It is not all rosy, green and shiny.   

-JE and HG scenes.  What can I say?  I love all of their scenes in this episode.  I think their chemistry is hard to beat by any other OTPs in other dramas.   The eye stares and loving gestures….I really hope they meet again in the future.

-JE & HG scene in front of their house.  It’s another parallel from the scene when HG brought the wine, JE missing ES before they fought.  This time, it was HG who missed ES so much and JE comforted her.  Had they done it back then,  they wouldn’t have gone the long and tiring road….But then, it was all for the better. 

-JR & SH scene is heartwarming.  JR wanted SH to stay at their house, SH made me tear up when she said, “I have dementia”.  It is a nice reconciliation between the two.

-‘I Have A Lover’ actually fits in the characters in the end: MS-YK, JR-TS, BS-SJ, SR-the new guy, and most of all, JE-HG.  They are not perfect couples but they are lovers. 

@jyfan88  Thanks for the translations of the scenes….It made the scene so cute and sweet…..

• Like 14

On 2/28/2016 at 10:44 PM, lclarakl said:

I also wanted to say Thank You to @irilight for starting this thread and a special "Shout Out" to two posters that were always like the cheerleaders for everyone. It didn't matter if they agreed or disagreed with our post, they always acknowledged what you had to say:  @trust71 and @andy78.

i'm glad that you came back and give your final insight regarding this drama.....

you always defend BS all the way to the end...but at least BS find happiness with SJ  and the writer didn't cut him off regarding his scene...unlike DR.MIN and YK scene.

@seungshin  sorry for the late response....thanks for noticing me at DOTS forum...yes...lets spazz their sometime...hope that what we share their will be appreciated....IHAL forum member they do appreciate whatever your comment ....either they agree or disagree...

• Like 13