Guest ororomunroe

Guest ororomunroe

Oh My God eyes December premiere on KBS

sojisub_shinmina_27.jpg

Oh My God, the romantic-comedy series starring So Ji-sub (Master’s Sun) and Shin Mina (Arang and the Magistrate), is inching closer to getting on the air, with latest reports putting it as a December drama in KBS’s Monday-Tuesday lineup. News initially stated that the schedule was confirmed, but follow-up reports hastened to clarify that the timeslot is still under consideration (though it’s looking pretty positive at this point).

Read more: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/09/oh-my-god-eyes-december-premiere-on-kbs/

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ororomunroe

So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah’s Drama “Oh My God” Confirmed for November Premiere

So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah’s Drama “Oh My God” Confirmed for November Premiere

Actors So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah‘s upcoming drama “Oh My God” has been confirmed for a November premiere on KBS.

“Oh My God” will be a romantic comedy about two polar opposite individuals who end up falling in love. So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah will play the main leads. So Ji Sub will portray Kim Young Ho,  a star trainer. Shin Min Ah will portray a hard-working lawyer who strives to regain her figure after working away her youth.

The two leads have worked together as models for clothing brand Giordano in the past.

“Oh My God” is currently in the process of confirming its supporting cast.

Cr: Soompi

Guest ororomunroe

TV: So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah's 'Oh My God' confirmed for KBS broadcast in November

201509090750774469_55ef66e68b438_99_2015

Article: So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah's 'Oh My God' confirmed for KBS November broadcast

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+2,420, -98] Shin Min Ah and So Ji Sub... this is a must watch

2. [+1,670, -79] The casting is daebak!! A true 'oh my god' ㅋㅋㅋ!!

3. [+1,156, -69] Hul... looking forward to it~~ a must watch

4. [+1,068, -61] This truly is an 'oh my god'...

5. [+131, -18] When I hear his name, I still think of 'I'm Sorry, I Love You'... a drama I can't forget even 11 years past its airing

6. [+129, -18] Finally he's back!!!!!!!!

7. [+114, -18] They're both Giordano models too, totally looking forward to it

8. [+92, -19] A must watch indeed

9. [+50, -6] I like everything about it but... does the male role always need to be a second generation chaebol... is this some unwritten rule of a romcom?

10. [+52, -11] A health club healing romcom... sounds like a new type of romantic comedy drama ㅎㅎ

Cr: netizenbuzz

We have a profile from AsianWiki

• Drama: Oh My God (working title)
  • Revised romanization: Oh Mai Got
  • Hangul: 오 마이 갓
  • Director: Kim Hyung-Suk
  • Writer: Kim Eun-Ji
  • Network: KBS2
  • Episodes: 16
  • Release Date: November, 2015 --
  • Runtime: Mon & Tue 21:55
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Kim Young-Ho (So Ji-Sub) is a personal trainer for Hollywood stars. Even though he comes from a wealthy family background, he suffered a devastating injury during his childhood days. Now, he overcomes his problems with patience and stubbornness.

Kang Joo-Eun (Shin Min-A) is 33-years-old lawyer. She has struggled to support her family. Now, Kang Joo-Eun is overweight and not so attractive.

Notes

1. Takes over the KBS2 Mon & Tue 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Cheer Up!."
  2. First starring drama series performance by actor So Ji-Sub since 2013 SBS drama series "The Master's Sun" and first drama series performance by actress Shin Min-A since 2012 MBC drama series "Arang and the Magistrate."

Cast

So Ji-sub and Shin Min-a to star in KBS TV drama

Actors So Ji-sub and Shin Min-a will pair up in upcoming KBS TV drama “Oh My God (working title).”

“Oh My God” will be a Monday-Tuesday show, featuring a couple who fall in love at a gym. The show’s production team described it as a first-of-a-kind Korean “Health-healing rom-com.”

Male lead So will act the role of sought-after personal trainer Kim Young-ho, who has endured painful times despite his affluent background.

Shin will act the competent but badly out-of-shape lawyer Kang Joo-eun.

This will be So’s return to the small screen in two years since the SBS’s 2013 production, “Master’s Sun,” and Shin’s in three years after MBC’s 2012 work, “Arang the Magistrate.”

The two star actors have previously worked together for an apparel brand’s commercial. Their romantic chemistry in the upcoming show is to be anticipated.

Meanwhile, Shin has recently confirmed her relationship with actor Kim Woo-bin, who is also set to star in an upcoming rom-com show “Uncontrollably Fond” along with Lee Min-ho’s girlfriend Suzy.

“Oh My God” is currently pressing with casting with projected date of airing in November.

source

Oooohhhh...thank you so much @plappi for the Asianwiki reference.....WOW! Doesnt the synopsis just like sound so....OMG!!!

Loving how the storyline is based on a PT with an injury from his childhood days as well as a professional lawyer who like many of us here, just work work work, trying so hard to make ends meat and therefore eat and no play... gaining a few kilos here and a few kilos there, procrastinating about exercising, wanting to be happy again, find meaning and purpose in life.....hmmmm....ooops, a bit of over analysing here....miane...

Aaahhhh...to put it simply, I look forward to seeing the stubbornness coming out of Kim Young-Ho, (because he obviously is hiding behind his pain) and then seeing a challenge he will take up in helping Kang Joo-Eun focus on being healthy and fit, then both finding happiness ummm together perhaps....OMG!!!....so cannot wait!!

November is like just around the corner really....YAY!!! Wonder where they will be shooting this drama.....hmmmm, wonder who they have in mind for the supports....

SJS FIGHTING!!.........SMA FIGHTING!!......:w00t::w00t:

Guest ororomunroe

So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah’s drama ‘Oh My God’ to premiere in November

14BXr4x.jpg

It has been confirmed that So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah’s new KBS 2TV Mon-Tue drama ‘Oh My God’ will premiere in November.

The drama is billed as Korea’s first ‘personal trainer healing’ drama, and tells the story of two individuals with polarizing personalities who fall in love through the course of personal training.

So Ji Sub will return to the small screen after ‘The Master’s Sun’ two years ago, while Shin Min Ah is returning after a three year hiatus followng ‘Arang and the Magistrate.’ The two had both showed off their comedic flair in their previous works, and will seek to do the same together in their new drama.

So Ji Sub will play Kim Young Ho who is a star personal trainer. With his patience and stubbornness, Kim Young Ho is able to overcome his own weaknesses. Although he is a second generation chaebol, he has had some tough times due to a devastating injury sustained during his childhood days.

Shin Min Ah plays lawyer Kang Joo Eun in her thirties, who had worked tirelessly to support her family, but in turn becomes overweight and less attractive. Shin Min Ah will be seeking a breakthrough by showing off an ‘ugly’ image that she has never attempted before.

The two had previously played a couple for the casual clothing brand Giordano, and many will be looking forward to seeing their chemistry in the new drama.

‘Oh My God’ will be directed by Kim Hyung Suk of ‘My Husband Got a Family’ fame, and the script will be penned by Kim Eun Ji who had previously won recognition with her script for KBS 2TV 1-episode drama special ‘The Reason I’m Getting Married’ last year.

Source

Source

I first read the news about this today in the link: sorry I don't know how to post part of the article here... Anyways , I also look forward to this drama. It will be the first time I will be following a drama from episode 1. Already many questions pop out, but my main question is how will they make the actress look "less attractive" when she obviously isn't? I wonder, in stead of loosing weight camp, did she go on gaining weight camp? greed-milk-bottle-emoticon.gif?129279110

so curious right now....

Guest ororomunroe

Onscreen couples' drama reunions

gg3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

5 Reasons to be excited for So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah's Oh My God

by Taleena Sinclair on Wed, Sep 30, 2015

59bf93b2-d573-44f7-9297-d63d9b46556d.png
     3 Comments  0 Shares

Sometimes the universe rises up and presents you with an unexpected gift out of nowhere. You open it, heart filled with excited trepidation. Will it be good? Will it be bad? As an optimist my heart cries, "It will be awesome! Go, go, go!" So it is with Oh My God, the So Ji Sub/Shin Min Ah drama that popped up from nowhere and about which we know very little. Still, we have reason to hope it will be a wonderful little treat for drama fans, and here's why:

5.) It is only 16 episodes. 16 episodes equals lean and mean story telling in the wacky world of K-dramas. One cannot have too many car crashes, trips to the hospital, bouts of amnesia, or kidnapping plots in 16 episodes. A couple of relationship-driven twists, sure, but solemnly beeping hospital machines and gently weeping humidifiers will most likely be in the backstory.

51c3805c-6728-40e5-b862-5673d70f244a.png

We're so beautiful the universe would explode if we looked at each other.

4.) The only two big names attached are Shin Min Ah and So Ji Sub. I keep hoping to NOT see a news story attaching a K pop name to this project. K-pop name added means love triangle, and I don't want a love triangle, quadrangle, or any other geometric shape near this show. See above "lean and mean" storyline. So Ji Sub's last project, One Sunny Day, barely grazed the love triangle trope and was the stronger for it. If one is in a love triangle with So Ji Sub, one PICKS So Ji Sub.

279db193-cac2-42b1-bdff-45dc8a7f8990.png

Still not looking at each other. Still saving the universe.

3.) It's got a cuckoo premise — for those two. He's a personal trainer and she's overweight and "not so attractive"? Huh?! Shin Min Ah not attractive?!! Am I taking crazy pills? I can't wait to see how on earth they plan on pulling that off. (Side Note: Coming soon to K-dramas: Water not wet, Ice not cold, Fire not burning!) It will be amazing or mock worthy, but either way, highly entertaining.

181f21f7-e74a-4c2a-b329-97f55ba13c9e.png

This must be the point he was praying for the photo shoot to be over. Intensely. Being beautiful is really draining.

2.) So Ji Sub. Yeah, I can't believe it either but he's only number two on the list. Mark your diaries. The series description called his character someone who has overcome "devastating injury" with "patience and stubbornness". So Ji Sub brings a sense of wounded isolation to his hero roles, which makes you long for him to find happiness. Couple this with a character that has realized that persevering to health and wholeness worked for him, and you get an intense, driven hero. Intense, driven heroes who are as beautiful as "bright Apollo who Daphne he pursued"? Count me in! 

eb215ccb-a437-470f-8096-77a0637cdb86.png

Yes, I DO want to be your friend. We are just alike! I love eating chicken too.

1.) Shin Min Ah. Shin Min Ah has an amazing smile. It's mischievous and dimpled and makes you feel like you are her friend right through the TV screen. What's more, her characters tend to be a little klutzy, endearing as heck, and kick a** all at once — like a fuzzy kitten suddenly putting a Kung Fu smackdown on something. She's never a prize to be won and she has agency of her own, but you still find yourself cheering for the hero to win her heart.

What do you think drama fans? Will you be watching Oh My God? Let me know in the comments! Oh My God will be premiering exclusively on DramaFever in November! Sign up for new episode alerts HERE.

Will I be watching OMG? that's a retorical question!

This article makes me jump up and down on my seat, raising the expectation thus more. I feel like a kid knowing that it will go to the amusement park "some day", not being able to sleep and bothering her parents "oh mummy, when will we go to the amusement park, will it take much longer?!" As I am an adult now and know how to count the days until November, I am able to restrain myself a little bit better as when I was a kid :) However, I feel anxious getting my hopes too high like this, one might be disappointed after all. But really, what's the chance for this?  

Guest Brianwest92

12036504_681187368647427_309369903258947

The premiere date is coming close but KBS doesnt drop much news :( Rumor has it that our couple will have the first shoot together this Oct 15th. And according to Newen, the final title of the drama will be Oh My Venus. I'm dying to know who will be cast as second male & female lead :(

So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah’s Upcoming Drama Changes Title

So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah’s Upcoming Drama Changes Title

So Ji Sub and Shin Min Ah’s much-anticipated drama originally titled “Oh My God” has changed its official title.

KBS 2TV announced that the upcoming drama will broadcast after Monday-Tuesday drama “Sassy Go Go” ends its run. With this news, they also revealed that the official title has been changed to “Oh My Venus.” Furthermore, the first episode is scheduled to air on November 16.

“Oh My Venus” tells the story of a female lawyer who works hard to regain her attractive figure. She meets her polar opposite in a famous health trainer. The individuals experience healing their past hurts as they go through the weight loss process. The drama claims to be a romantic comedy that features falling in love with who a person is on the inside rather than their exterior appearance.

The actors have previously displayed their sizzling chemistry in past Giordano ads, so many fans are looking forward to their romance in the drama. Also, since So Ji Sub will be portraying the health trainer named Kim Young Ho, he will most likely reveal his fit body.

As for Shin Min Ah, her character Kang Joo Eun goes through a difficult reversal having been beautiful, fit, and popular in the past. The actress will show a different side of herself when she acts as the “less attractive” version of her character.

Producers for the drama explained the title change and stated, “If the goddess of beauty, Venus, were to live in today’s society, she would fall short of today’s standards. We wondered what it would be like to have the main female character feel Venus’s jealousy, so we changed the the title to ‘Oh My Venus.’”

They continued, “The pair will heal each other’s hurts while dieting/exercising. The drama will include healing and health. We will work hard to create a drama that makes viewers happy.”

What do you think about the title change?

source

Archived