Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

For those who have watched "April Snow"........

I wonder if you and I have the same view about this particular scene from the movie...I've been wondering about some of the storyline in the show. Some questions came to me.

--Do you think In-su wanted revenge?

--Do you think in his mind, he wanted revenge? Subconciously even?

--Do you think that by telling his wife about her lover's death at her hospital bed was an action out of revenge?

--Did he leave the room after telling her the news out of sadness, dissapointment, grieve? or he did it out of courtesy so that she could mourn for her lover since he doesn't feel anything for her any longer...?

What do you think ? I might have interpreted it differently and I supposed you must have too. Please share if you can..

Guest happiebb

For those who have watched "April Snow"........

I wonder if you and I have the same view about this particular scene from the movie...I've been wondering about some of the storyline in the show. Some questions came to me.

--Do you think that by telling his wife about her lover's death at her hospital bed was an action out of revenge?

--Did he leave the room after telling her the news out of sadness, dissapointment, grieve? or he did it out of courtesy so that she could mourn for her lover since he doesn't feel anything for her any longer...?

What do you think ? I might have interpreted it differently and I supposed you must have too. Please share if you can..

hi hi,

since you've watched AS,

thought you might be interested to read these

tiff : do you know?

tiff : where do we go from here?

hi hi,

since you've watched AS,

thought you might be interested to read these

tiff : do you know?

tiff : where do we go from here?

Thanks BB....hehe..so many pages.

I wonder what you think...

Really, it is a different matter what Director Hur thinks or what are the "correct" answers or the perception after I scrutinize the movie for the tenth time. I want to know what are the general perceptions of the movie. For instance, I don't think I would be pausing my movie to a particular scene to catch the "date" on the cellphone. ha! Maybe this is not the forum for it...I should post this at April Snow...ha! Anyways..it is byj related right. Just asking...

Guest liezle

hi there ginnie! interesting questions you've got there. okay, from my understading...

nope. though hurt, i don't think that In-su would want a revenge. if he wants then, he would have planned it when he learned that Soo Young is the wife of her wife's lover.

honestly Insu's character is so hard to analyze unlike Soo Young. i didn't see any expression in In-su's face that he wanted to make a revenge even when he was watching the video from the phone and reading messages.

I think that if he really wants a revenge we would have told her right away even if his wife is unconcious. [they say that even unconcious we can actually hear what's being said to us] He wouldn't wait for her to wake up. he would even tell his father-in-law about her wife's affair with a married man.

i can say that he wants to give his wife some privacy to grieve the lost of her lover. he may have also been hurt by the action of his wife but that could have also been an answer to some unanswered questions in his mind which leads to the separation of the two.

hee, i hope that my interpretation is correct. btw, you should have posted this in AS thread :D can't wait for the others comments.

Another question...

do you think In su and Seo Yeong went to the same hotel as the hotel where their spouses had gone to as well? The surroundings of the two bed scenes were similar..well, you could say that all hotels look the same but if you look closely, don't the hotels resemble too much of each other?

Did you hear anybody calling out Insu or Seo Yeong's names in the movie? Did they call each other by names in the movie?

Guest liezle

ginnie you make me want to put my AS dvd once again. :D

hmm, i just have a feeling that they didn't go to the same hotel. if i were them i woundn't because if would just add too much pain to the pain i'm already in.

so far the only name i recall being called was the name of the assistant of In-su at the beginning of the movie. :huh:

ginnie you make me want to put my AS dvd once again. :D

hmm, i just have a feeling that they didn't go to the same hotel. if i were them i woundn't because if would just add too much pain to the pain i'm already in.

so far the only name i recall being called was the name of the assistant of In-su at the beginning of the movie. :huh:

Gwang-il......that's only name I remember...I haven't watched April Snow in a while now..so, my memory is also not as clear but some moments in the movie made lasting impressions..

How did you know their names were Insu and Seo Yeong? If you are not a fan of BYJ or read up any news about the movie...can you find that out from the movie?

Guest happiebb

Another question...

do you think In su and Seo Yeong went to the same hotel as the hotel where their spouses had gone to as well? The surroundings of the two bed scenes were similar..well, you could say that all hotels look the same but if you look closely, don't the hotels resemble too much of each other?

Did you hear anybody calling out Insu or Seo Yeong's names in the movie? Did they call each other by names in the movie?

it's probably 'not fair' that i answer this way.... since i've prior knowledge :P

that hotel is the only better-class hotel in samcheok,

so presumably yes, the two couples went to the same hotel B)

[but logically speaking, if the couple's out for revenge,

they might consider going to the same hotel...

but they wouldn't have gotten a chance to find out which hotel their spouses went,

since both were not conscious after the accident.

but if you're in samcheok, it's not hard to guess which hotel they would have gone...]

personally, i think insoo had picked that hotel

simply because it's the more 'appropriate' one for their first time together ;)

as for calling of names....

insoo's wife did call him 'insoo-ssi'.

rem that ciggy-offering scene?

as for seo young's name,

actually her name was not mentioned at all.

we fans know coz we've read on the net...

but a typical non-fan movie-goer wouldn't get to know her name,

she's just 'that woman' or 'that man's wife', i guess :sweatingbullets:

it's probably 'not fair' that i answer this way.... since i've prior knowledge :P

that hotel is the only better-class hotel in samcheok,

so presumably yes, the two couples went to the same hotel B)

Ah-ha...same hotel..same crime scene...same crime...

ah..I don't want to call it a "crime" ...After all, April Snow didn't present it as a crime...it was a natural progression.

But, it is so ironic......so ironic......

Guest liezle

many thanks again bb and a sweet sister. old or new stories for so long it's byj it's okay with me. and i don't even get tired reading stories posted years back. :D

a little story about a big man...

know what? i really love little daily life stories of wuri yong joon,

like this one i'm about to post.

yea, dear sweet sister has emailed me another translation she did.

and this time, it's a little story about a big man. enjoy...

Posted by: Kenicimama / JOB 2006/07/28

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / www.happiebb.blogspot.com

Good evening, Yong Joon-san and all family members

This story appears in the magazine, “I Love Korean Drama”.

This episode is about the exciting experience of a woman living in Seoul,

and the story happened in the early summer of 2004.

She was parked in a parking lot,

but a car was parked in front of her car, blocking her in.

No security was around to for her call out for help.

She tried pushing the car out of the way herself

(but the car wouldn’t budge).

Then a Range Rover came in, driven by a male,

who stopped and got out of his car

to quickly push the blocked car out of the way for the woman.

Yes, that person was none other than....

(wearing ordinary training wear) Yong Joon-san!

When I read this episode,

I was once again moved at how Yong Joon-san’s basic nature

never changes no matter how big a star he becomes.

If this episode has already been posted, mianhae (I’m sorry).

Guest happiebb

Ah-ha...same hotel..same crime scene...same crime...

ah..I don't want to call it a "crime" ...After all, April Snow didn't present it as a crime...it was a natural progression.

But, it is so ironic......so ironic......

hehe, actually we're just assuming that bed scene was taken in samcheok,

when in the movie, it's not explicitly indicated, right?

haha, maybe it was an 'older' clip taken in another hotel at another place?

p.s. but i like to think that was in samcheok...

the so-called 'reversal of fortune'... i kindda get a kick out of it... B)

Guest frances

Lotte DFS ads @ Jamsil Subway Station in seoul

from cafedaum/byjgallery

dscn3470sng9.jpg

first time i've seen this :blush: ...from last year's AS global bunggae

2073de7.jpg

latest drawings of koshuka....

1a0100042362006725qg5.jpg

and nagajun :)

11320241154019159qk7.jpg

Guest liezle

Beautiful GIF

thanks bb for sharing in your blog [www.happiebb.blogspot.com]

whoever did this thank you so much. really beautiful!

iloveuqa8.gif

....and 'love you more yong joon :wub:

hehe, actually we're just assuming that bed scene was taken in samcheok,

when in the movie, it's not explicitly indicated, right?

haha, maybe it was an 'older' clip taken in another hotel at another place?

p.s. but i like to think that was in samcheok...

the so-called 'reversal of fortune'... i kindda get a kick out of it... B)

In the movie nothing is explicit anyways. I like the idea that they repeated the same things they felt betrayed about. It makes me wonder "does two wrongs make one right" ?

Don't think Insu and Seo Yeong felt that they were right, hence the guilt. It makes the plot more interesting if Insu deliberately picked this hotel to seek revenge. Revenge + Guilt...Can they co-exist? Think it makes it more interesting to show both revenge and guilt..but in this movie, I mostly saw guilt, sadness...a lot of repressed emotions. Not much of the expressed emotion such as revenge. Eventhough they hinted at it.

I think that's the irony of the movie.

We saw how they feel in love...However, we didn't get to see how the "betrayers" fell in love. The crying at the hospital from the wife showed that her love for Seo Yeong's husband was also not lesser than Insu and Seo Yeong's. I am quick to forgive what Insu and Seo Yeong did but not so much what the spouses' did...why is that? Two wrongs definitely don't make it any better.

"What will happen to us if we met earlier or later" -question by Insu is a valid one. Could they have been the betrayers and not the betrayed then?

Guest liezle

Hi Ginnie

The spouses of Insu and Seo Young were classmates back in college as what Seo Young said to Insu when both had a drink. And that Seo Youngs dad had something to do with the marriage. I’m assuming that even despite the marriage, Seo Young’s husband had been betraying her. Anyway, I really have to go back to my dvd :D

You know what? I believe in destiny. And I’m assuming Insu and Seo Yeong are destined to meet whether there was an accident or not.

Analyzing AS can be a headache yet fun. No wonder not everyone likes it. It's a movie that will make you really think. My friend who is not a BYJ fan nor a korean movie/drama fanatic (she was with me the first time i saw AS and she liked AS and even cried with me) told me that AS is a movie for intellectual people ;)

many thanks again bb and a sweet sister. old or new stories for so long it's byj it's okay with me. and i don't even get tired reading stories posted years back. :D

a little story about a big man...

know what? i really love little daily life stories of wuri yong joon,

like this one i'm about to post.

yea, dear sweet sister has emailed me another translation she did.

and this time, it's a little story about a big man. enjoy...

Posted by: Kenicimama / JOB 2006/07/28

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister / www.happiebb.blogspot.com

Good evening, Yong Joon-san and all family members

This story appears in the magazine, “I Love Korean Drama”.

This episode is about the exciting experience of a woman living in Seoul,

and the story happened in the early summer of 2004.

She was parked in a parking lot,

but a car was parked in front of her car, blocking her in.

No security was around to for her call out for help.

She tried pushing the car out of the way herself

(but the car wouldn’t budge).

Then a Range Rover came in, driven by a male,

who stopped and got out of his car

to quickly push the blocked car out of the way for the woman.

Yes, that person was none other than....

(wearing ordinary training wear) Yong Joon-san!

When I read this episode,

I was once again moved at how Yong Joon-san’s basic nature

never changes no matter how big a star he becomes.

If this episode has already been posted, mianhae (I’m sorry).

thanks for sharing this stories. I love & enjoy reading such stories like this. I get to learn more about him. He has always been so nice.

Hi Ginnie

The spouses of Insu and Seo Young were classmates back in college as what Seo Young said to Insu when both had a drink. And that Seo Youngs dad had something to do with the marriage. I’m assuming that even despite the marriage, Seo Young’s husband had been betraying her. Anyway, I really have to go back to my dvd :D

You know what? I believe in destiny. And I’m assuming Insu and Seo Yeong are destined to meet whether there was an accident or not.

Analyzing AS can be a headache yet fun. No wonder not everyone likes it. It's a movie that will make you really think. My friend who is not a BYJ fan nor a korean movie/drama fanatic (she was with me the first time i saw AS and she liked AS and even cried with me) told me that AS is a movie for intellectual people ;)

A-ha..so the betrayal started earlier on, you speculate? Chuncheok may be the place that they go to enjoy special time together? Somehow it was an arranged marriage for Seo Yeong so she was less "betrayed" and hence she accepted Insoo much easily. Can we say that she fell in love with Insu but she didn't love her husband as much? I suppose Insu's wife loved Insu, didn't she? I wonder if it was an arranged marriage? I don't know for sure whether she loved Insu more than her college friend? Did Insu and her not enjoy a loving marriage, that's why she betrayed their marriage vows? She wanted passionate love but Insu couldn't provide that? somehow I feel that Insu loved his wife...until the betrayal. It seemed harder for Insu to accept Seo Yeong while Seo Yeong made up her mind about Insu way earlier. It seems that Seo Yeong's arranged marriage didn't work out from a long time ago.

Destiny..ah Liezle. Destiny is a beautiful word for Insu and Seo Yeong to be together. But, can we use "Destiny" to describe their spouses too? Somehow they are all destined to cheat on one another?

I think I believe in DESTINY and CHOICES. We may be predestined but I believe in choices too. There may be more than one destiny for all of us. It is our choices that lead us to where we are now. Our destiny.

ha.....did I digress?

Guest happiebb

A-ha..so the betrayal started earlier on, you speculate? Chuncheok may be the place that they go to enjoy special time together? Somehow it was an arranged marriage for Seo Yeong so she was less "betrayed" and hence she accepted Insoo much easily. Can we say that she fell in love with Insu but she didn't love her husband as much? I suppose Insu's wife loved Insu, didn't she? I wonder if it was an arranged marriage? I don't know for sure whether she loved Insu more than her college friend? Did Insu and her not enjoy a loving marriage, that's why she betrayed their marriage vows? She wanted passionate love but Insu couldn't provide that? somehow I feel that Insu loved his wife...until the betrayal. It seemed harder for Insu to accept Seo Yeong while Seo Yeong made up her mind about Insu way earlier. It seems that Seo Yeong's arranged marriage didn't work out from a long time ago.

Destiny..ah Liezle. Destiny is a beautiful word for Insu and Seo Yeong to be together. But, can we use "Destiny" to describe their spouses too? Somehow they are all destined to cheat on one another?

I think I believe in DESTINY and CHOICES. We may be predestined but I believe in choices too. There may be more than one destiny for all of us. It is our choices that lead us to where we are now. Our destiny.

ha.....did I digress?

i think there're no right or wrong answers... the way the movie was made and presented to us left us with too much room to make up our own assumptions and draw our own conclusions. and strangely, i think that's what the director wanted. he probably felt his role was that of a storyteller, not there to pass judgement. this is not a movie with answers, it's one with questions. and however we choose to answer the questions really depend on what we picked up from the movie, our own value systems, our state of mind when watching the movie... or so i think.

ginnie appears to have grasped the gist of what the director had hoped to achieve. yes, his initial idea was to present two 'oel chul' couples, and if we sympathize with insoo and seoyoung, why not the other couple? was their love less acceptable? but why? this same sentiment was also shown in the movie, mostly through insoo. insoo had initially found it so hard to accept the 'oel chul' of his wife, until it happened to him too. i think he wasn't trying to make his wife feel bad when he told her that her lover had died. i thought he just thought she should know. and in answer to ginnie's earlier question, my interpretation of why he had gone out was to give her a moment of privacy. but despite his 'big hearted' act, i think he still felt hurt when the sobbing came through the door. that's how i imagined he had felt anyway.

about whether insoo loved his wife... i think the movie hinted that their marriage wasn't an arranged one. the way i read insoo's character... he's the sort to believe a husband loved his wife, no questions asked. he's not the romantic sort, the type to use his head more than his heart, i think. so he probably thought since they're married, yes, then he loved his wife. and maybe because he's so dogged in his ways he could be abit boring to live with. the wife seemed to be leading a double life. when she's with her lover, she drank and appeared liberated. she's not that way with him, i suspect it's because he's not the sort. so he struggled for a mighty long time trying to understand why his wife had betrayed him and stuff...

about the love between insoo and seoyoung... i saw the movie abit differently from ginnie possibly. i think the director deliberately didn't want to show us the whole process of them falling in love. after all, he had cut the 'walk in the park' scene, the scene where the couple went away for the weekend and how she had consoled him by burying his head into her chest... i think the director had deliberately removed all these more touchy-feely scenes so that we did not feel for them more than the other couple.

and in any case, given the circumstances, it's quite easy to see why they had turned to each other. 'trapped' in samcheok with no friends, no relatives for support... and they couldn't even tell anyone about their respective spouse's betrayal. they only had each other. it's easy to fall into 'temporary or rebound love' in that sense, i guess. yes, i do see they're attracted to each other, and even a year down the road, we could still see the plant in insoo's new house. and the sight of falling snow in spring reminded them of each other immediately. that means they're both special to each other, i guess. but was it love? probably not yet. so the ending worked for me. i saw that as hopeful open-ended ending. they're prepared to give it a go, but no, there's still no saying where way they would end up.

and... these thoughts are from my watching AS more than half a year ago... may have forgotten the details already. will try and watch it again soon... hee, i'm so hoping to see the Director's Cut for AS... there should be some 'answers' there... or rather let me rephrase, there should be alot more of Director hur's thinking in there...