Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest liezle

thanks to shieshie and bb [www.happiebb.blogspot.com] for this information. actually, i've been dying to know what brand of necklace yong joon is using. i've been noticing that he's using different styles. here's some info on the necklace that yong joon used when he went to japan recently. btw, it's called "RockStar"

rock20star20necklace202asu6.jpgrock20star20necklace202amg2.jpg

rockstaror9.jpg

it's a design by louis morais. he is a brazilian born jewelry designer and his designs are very interesting! to read more about him and the key characteristics of his designs, click here and here.

ROCK STAR NECKLACE rockstarwgmixdia $4485 14k white gold, diamond x yellow diamond x black diamond . A beautiful and original necklace from Luis Morais that combines the luxurious jewelry with a charm. Creates an elegant rock-style design with a beautiful line by combining the cross and bar with the skull. The base is 14k white gold, the cross has diamonds, the bar has yellow diamonds, and the skull has the black diamond for its eyes for a very special look. Sample Size: cross 2 in., bar 2.8 in., skull 0.6 in. Made in USA :w00t::w00t::w00t:

btw, i posted in bb's blog that since baesisters already know the details of this necklace :) sales might soar up ;)

Guest margan

Hi Joanna,

Would you be able to fix the news coming out of Bae Yong Joon Quilt Website

to current date. At the moment the news are mixed up with old and new.

thanks in advance.

Guest liezle

Hi Joanna,

Would you be able to fix the news coming out of Bae Yong Joon Quilt Website

to current date. At the moment the news are mixed up with old and new.

thanks in advance.

Hi there margan! Is this message for Joanne? I hope you don't mind me answering in behalf of her.

Actually Quilt had a major problem about a month ago. All files in April (?) 2005 to the time it was revived were deleted. I believe that Tiffany is doing the news section. She's been updating it but i guess bec of her busy schedule she wasn't able to update lately. But I know that Joanne, Hyeon and the rest of BYJ's Quilt staff are doing their best to update the files that have been lost.

For the meantime, Joanne is posting all her translated new at the Freeboard section. She'll then transfer them to the News section once the updating in the News section is done.

Hope to see you more here :)

Guest liezle

first time i'm seeing the 1st two. :wacko: these photos were posted in KOB

ju02.jpg

ju03.jpg

bb, i guess you and frances missed these in your blog posting regarding yong joon's thighs :D

sea8.jpg

sea7.jpg

btw, has anyone of you seen the photos flor posted in KOB and Quilt? are they new?

Guest TY_KSW

hello ty! i bet you've collected so many artworks from many baesisters by now. ;)

not to mention many ones laminated hanging on the wall in my BED room !!! :phew::phew:

U dun know.. my mom said the room looked like a galeri of 5 kings !!! :w00t:

btw, it's called "RockStar" 

first time i'm seeing the 1st two. :wacko: these photos were posted in KOB

ju02.jpg

n i found our Rockstar drinking lemonade !!!!! instead of alcohol!!! :)

Good n fresh n pure man !!! i adore u for tat !!!! (errhem ... my Janggie's ads for Chamisul is exception.. ofourse !!!) :w00t::w00t:

Guest margan

Hi there margan! Is this message for Joanne? I hope you don't mind me answering in behalf of her.

Actually Quilt had a major problem about a month ago. All files in April (?) 2005 to the time it was revived were deleted. I believe that Tiffany is doing the news section. She's been updating it but i guess bec of her busy schedule she wasn't able to update lately. But I know that Joanne, Hyeon and the rest of BYJ's Quilt staff are doing their best to update the files that have been lost.

For the meantime, Joanne is posting all her translated new at the Freeboard section. She'll then transfer them to the News section once the updating in the News section is done.

Hope to see you more here :)

thanks a lot for the info.

Guest liezle

Now that Yong Joon is back in Korean (since Monday), it's been so quiet again in baeland...sigh. There are news posted in KOB though but Joanne might be busy to do the translation. I hope that we'll get to know soon when Yong Joon will be starting to shoot his scenes for GKFG.

oh, hi there mariko i can see your name below :) hope everything is well.

Guest Marikoo

Now that Yong Joon is back in Korean (since Monday), it's been so quiet again in baeland...sigh. There are news posted in KOB though but Joanne might be busy to do the translation. I hope that we'll get to know soon when Yong Joon will be starting to shoot his scenes for GKFG.

oh, hi there mariko i can see your name below :) hope everything is well.

Hi liezle! I know..I've been so quiet lately. Just don't feel to write anything when

my spirit is too low. Been surfing here and there trying to ease my worries...

Promise to share more when matters at home are settled.

Miss you and francess too!

Mariko

Guest frances

Miss you and frances too!

Mariko

we miss you too mariko!! just hang on there and everything will be alright :)

take care of you, k?

bb, i guess you and frances missed these in your blog posting regarding yong joon's thighs

first time i've seen this and its now officially part of my 'thigh collection' :rolleyes:

Guest liezle

Hi Mariko! hang on there sis, everything will be fine soon. I'll be praying for your mother-in-law's health.

thanks bb and a sweet sister. i thought i wouldn't read anything on yong joon today :)

[Trans] A Summer Reunion

Reposted from: www.happiebb.blogspot.com

Original in Japanese: Shukan Josei 8-8-06 p. 32-33

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister

Scanned by: RosieBaba / joonsfamily

Japan, Summer 2006 Countdown

to Restaurant Goshireh Opening

BYJ, A Summer Reunion

64043198wj2bryckshukanjosei2eo7.jpg

64043209wegigxe3shukanjosei3qu7.jpg

(Greetings to all family members.

We would like to announce that BYJ and staff have arrived in Japan).

On July 20, Yonsama’s Japan visit was reported on the Japan official site.

Counting back from last November’s “April Snow” Beijing promotion trip

when he came straight to Japan, it’s been about eight months.

What was planned to be a top-secret visit to Japan was blown

when news that Yonsama was spotted departing Incheon Airport

was spread by “family” (fans) to some Japanese “family,”

so that 40 fans gathered at Narita Airport for his arrival.

Shortly after noon, Yonsama arrived in Japan.

Wearing a black jacket, white T-shirt, and black denim, he walked jauntily.

The casually styled long hair and well-defined chest muscles,

which can be clearly seen even from a distance, was impressive.

The TV commercial filming staff was on hand to meet him

and being familiar faces, it was a friendly atmosphere with casual greetings.

He proceeded to the arrival gate with BOF Director Yang.

Maybe because this was a secret visit to Japan,

he walked quickly the cheering “family” quickly.

Up until he left the airport, Yonsama did not stop smiling.

It appeared as if he was enjoying the reunion with the staff and “family” after a long time.

[bb: ah, so my manager yang went after all!]

[liezle : he was there? hmm, how come we didn't see him. he's been camera shy? ;)]

But we’re troubled at what we heard “family” would do after this Narita arrival.

“The most likely place Yonsama will visit next was presumably “Goshireh,”

the Korean restaurant in Shirogane, Tokyo set to open in early August,

which saw a rush of crowd of more than 100 people.

The restaurant is located in a quiet residential area

so a request was made to be considerate of the residents,

and for fans not to do anything dangerous

such as pursuing Yonsama’s car as it left the airport.

Yonsama’s agency in Japan IMX had to immediately post a notice on its website,

saying that they or BYJ were unable to ensure everyone’s safety,

he would be forced to change his travel plans and return immediately home to Korea.

So the statement was announced.

On this day, “family” waited at “Goshireh” for Yonsama who did not appear.

A Restaurant Packed With Yonsama’s Feelings

“I heard that he will be here to see the interior.

I think this will be the second visit here (to Shirogane) since last year for BYJ.

” So said a housewife from the neighborhood on July 21.

On a bad weather day, there were more than 100 “family” gathered

wanting to catch a glimpse of Yonsama.

The entrances to the two streets leading to the restaurant were closed

and guarded by Secom security employees.

“Goshireh” was supposed to have been completed in January of this year.

Because of the November 2005 fake earthquake-proof data incident,

building inspections have become stricter causing the delay up to now.

[bb: Sorry, I’m not quite sure what this incident’s all about…]

“The opening is thought to be between August 4 and August 10.

Business hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

and lunch is from 3,500 yen to 5,000 yen.

Reservations only and no walk-ins. Sometime in August,

I heard an invitation will be sent to the neighbors.”

(resident of the neighborhood)

[bb: The official news is out by now, the opening will be on August 10.]

Yonsama’s wish to spread Korea’s tradition will soon come true

and the public opening [of the restaurant] is close at hand.

Shortly after 1 pm, a black van carrying Yonsama

entered a warehouse-like door of a building connected to the restaurant of his dreams.

With the Secom staff and police on duty, there were no major scenes or commotion.

“He went in so quickly that all you could see was Yong Joon-ssi’s silhouette!”

said a happy “family” pursuing the good luck of following his car.

Perhaps of the two commercials that were planned to be filmed during this trip to Japan,

maybe one will be filmed of the interior of “Goshireh”?

[bb: Again, this has already been confirmed via several news reports,

The SECOM CF was indeed filmed inside the restaurant on July 21.]

As we speculated on this, “Yukorin” otherwise known as, Ogura Yuko,

came out of the building wearing a white dress.

She got into a car and rode off.

The connection between “Yukorin” and Yonsama is that

both appeared in the Lotte “Almond Chocolate” CM in May of this year.

At that time, Yukorin greeted Yonsama with “Let’s meet on Planet Korin.”

“On Planet Korin, I’ll call you Yong Yong-rin.”

How did she greet him this time around?

It appears “Yukorin” hangs out in the “Goshireh” area in her private life.

“She has been here a number of times carrying a Chihuahua type dog.”

(flower shop clerk)

On this visit, Yonsama filmed TV commercials,

worked on the opening of “Goshireh,” held meetings with male authors,

and reunited with various work and personal contacts.

Though he was unable to meet with “family,”

this visit may have been a respite for him before the start of filming for GKFG.

[bb: Authors? Wonder why he would be meeting authors…?]

The fact that Yonsama is preparing prudently for this role is drawing attention to this drama,

and before his Japan visit on July 11,

he finished the test filming on the set at Daejin University in Gyeonggi province.

“Filming will begin for BYJ as soon as he returns from Japan.

Whether it takes place on Jejudo or another location will be decided

by looking at the filming schedule.

Of course, the Kyrgyzstan filming will also take place.

We are aiming for a March broadcast date in Korea.

We are in negotiation with Japanese broadcast stations.

As for BYJ’s role of lover, I am unable to say anything yet.”

(promotion company SSD)

Yonsama, the next time you come to Japan,

please create an opportunity for your family to meet you!

Guest frances

good reviews for April Snow from French moviegoers :)

shared by Camille in her blog ~ http://toujours-byj.blogspot.com/

From http://www.excessif.com/news.php?14740

Translated from French to English by Camille

From Locktal : A very beautiful Korean melodrama, all in nuances….

May 6th Note : 8/10

April snow is the first film of Hur Jin-Ho whom I see, and the film, all in nuances and suggestion, is a beautiful success.

On a starting plot relatively simple, almost purified, Hur Jin-Ho delivers a sensitive and very moving film. The director takes his time to set his two principal characters, In-su (very well interpreted by Bae Yong-joon) and Seo-Young (Son Ye-jin, all in reserve and very moving), a man and a woman joined together by a dramatic road accident concerning their two respective spouses, who turned out to be lovers.

Their numerous meetings come along progressively. Gradually, their pain, their awkward silence will change into a discovery of themselves and the other then into a strong and sincere love.

The staging of Hur Jin-Ho is sober, with an exemplary simplicity. It defines as well as possible the mood of the two protagonists and their slow metamorphosis.

From a mourning story, April snow becomes a heartrending melodrama implying two people who suffer who will relearn to love. The very subtle and truthful interpretation of the two principal actors creates an immediate identification for the spectator. The sensuality of the love scenes is highly sensitive, all in reserve, where we have really the impression of a rediscovery of the other, of their body.

April snow is never hammy and it is why the spectator believes in it. It finishes on an incredibly moving scene and a great poetry, letting its two heroes to decide on their fate. Conclusion finally optimistic, although its’s undistinct.

April Snow proves once again the diversity and the quality of the Korean cinema. In short, a simple and moving melodrama, all in nuances and terribly human.

From Nicofeel : a very successful moving movie

May 6th Note : 8/10

On a relatively simple basic plot, the Korean director delivers a highly sensitive movie, very moving. That is due mainly to its good duet of actors.

Guest frances

is this khaki joon or brown joon ? sometimes i get confused w/ these cuddly & lovable bears :P

anyways, this lovely joon bear is enjoying the paper that featured his daddy yong joon !!

khakixp5.jpg

from shieshie

Guest jaimez

hi frances, I'm khaki Joon! I'm the only one with beige skin color. All my other brothers have white skin. How weird?! :rolleyes: I better send a letter to ask my daddy.

now, if you'd excuse me, let me continue reading about my handsome daddy. :D Boy, we look so much alike!

Guest frances

oh, hi there khaki joon !! nice of you to drop by in one of your dad's cozy homes.

know what, just between the two of us, i think you're way much cuter than your daddy......

but i have to admit, your dad is hot :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

oops, sorry dear..got carried away there :P

Guest frances

a nice idea for a table lamp in my bedroom ... i'm just not sure if i'll be able to sleep :)

posted in satovic's BSJ site

a0100077_22_1-230.jpglampne0.jpg

Guest liezle

some of the photos were actually posted earlier but not the article bec it wasn't translated yet when i posted selected photos. read this cute article translated by gaulsan. though old, it's worth reading yong joon's own adventure in australia. he's cute, funny and innocent ;)

[Trans] BYJ visit to Australia in 1995

Posted on KOB by: Gaul Yeoja

Korean to English: Gaulsan

#1. Title: (1995) BYJ Made a 150,000$ contract with Nasan Corp., to make CF for Maypol

Source: Sports Seoul 1995/12/05

BYJ(24 years old) made a contract with Nasan Corp. to make CF for Maypol

BYJ, who has played the role of Seok Ju in a KBS drama “Sunny Place of the Young”, became the 4th model of Nasan after Park Chul, Jang Dong Gun, and Park Jin young.

This young actor who is popular among young women is expected to appear in a new KBS Mini Series “Papa”.

A staff of Nasan Corp. explained the reasons for casting BYJ as follows.

“He is young, has a friendly mask, and didn’t work as a fashion model before. This gives a fresh image to the people. Also, his potential as an actor is also considered in this contract.”

Maypol is one of the 5 major brands of Nasan Corp.

BYJ was specially employed to the KBS drama “Love Greeting” in 1994. He also appeared at the CFs of Lotte Gana (Chocholate), and Cosmetics ‘Fruit Land’.

He is scheduled to start shooting CFs in Austalia and Europe in December.

#2.<< A Record of YJ's visit to Australia >>

reported by: Lim Kyung A

BYJ succeeded(?) to travel abroad on the pretext of CF shooting.

He said that he saw a lot and experienced a lot during his 5-day visit to Australia.

sun01.jpg

ju02.jpg

ju03.jpg

* Anecdotes about the Shooting.

sea8.jpg

sea7.jpg

One.

As this was my first apparel CF, it was hard for me to change into various clothes and smile towards the camera. Other three models eagerly took on and off clothes, laughed, and ran in front of the camera. How much I envied them!

What embarrassed me most was a 19-year-old model named Linda.

When changing clothes, she took off clothes not caring about the surrounding.

At first, I thought, “Yes, this may because she is a foreigner. It might be a custom.”

Later on, she walked near by wearing only the basic under wears, and I didn’t know where to put my eyes on.

Feeling discouraged by her confident attitude, I used to hide behind the bus and change clothes as invisibly as possible. Staffs laughed at me lots of times because of that.

car1.jpg

Two.

I once worked with an Australian male model.

He introduced himself, said he was twenty one, and said, “ you must be about seventeen.”

I was taken aback!

I understood what he said and my face flushed, but I couldn’t express my anger…. because my English was not good enough.

So I replied in Korean, “Are you joking to your senior?”

Three.

When the shooting at Gold Coast was over, I visited Movie World on my way back to the hotel.

There were stages of famous movies, and shops were selling posters and items related to movies. As I was interested in movie, I looked through this place, not missing a thing.

I bought several posters including my favorite actor Robert de Niro in “Goodfellas”, and “Speed” in which Keanu Reeves acts as a main character.

Four.

I saw an interesting person in front of the hotel.

An aged man was wearing red underwear [ Red underwear is a prototype of underwear that was popular a generation ago.]. I asked who he was, and people said that he was the Santa Clause of Australia!

As Christmas is in summer there, he was wearing short sleeve shirts and red trousers.

I observed his clothes carefully, and couldn’t find any difference from the red underwear in our country. There is such a strange Santa in this world.

* Anecdotes about the hotel.

Now it’s turn to talk about accidents that I encountered in the hotel due to my ignorance.

One.

My room was at the 5th floor of the hotel.

One day, when I woke up, the time was getting close to the shooting schedule.

It meant that I was late for work.

I took on my clothes in haste, ran to the elevator, but somehow the elevator didn’t come.

Without no choice, I ran through the emergency stairs to the first floor.

Things went wrong then. The door didn’t open from my side.

I tried the doors of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and at last, the 5th floor.

The door of the 5th floor didn’t open, either.

I thought of going up another floor, but decided to shout for help.

A lady opened the door and rescued me, at last.

I didn’t know that the doors to the stairs could be open from one side only.

Two.

This is an episode about key.

That hotel used card keys instead of ordinary keys.

Guest could open the doors of the gymnasium and swimming pool with their room card.

I went to the gymn and then to the swimming pool.

I came into problem when I tried to get out of the pool.

Unusually, key was needed when coming out of the pool instead of going in.

How could I know that? I left my card key at the gymn.

Later, I barely came out of that place, after my skin was sodden

Guest liezle

BYJ has left his hand print

posted by tomato99 in BYJ's Quilt

source: Brokore Land

bl0727.jpg

During BYJ's visit to Japan this time,

he has left his hand print to be displayed at Brokore Land (in Yokohama).

BYJ's hand print will be displayed soon....next to paw prints of Joon Bear,

joonB20060710c.jpg

and hand print of So Ji Sub,

jisub07.jpg