Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Guest Jesw_21

Hi Jessica,

Those were your pictures! Nice to hear from you about Tea Loft. So, it is like a loft. I am trying to imagine its location within a tall building..need to take lift to 12th floor --> escalator to 13th floor (there is 13th floor in Korea, huh?) ---> and another special glass lift to the 14th floor (er..14th? Not superstitious?) ....whoa...well-named, well-named! About my calling this a high-class coffeeshop, er, sorry. Thought the concept is similar to Starbucks except they are selling Korean drinks and delicacies. From the pictures, I can't tell if it is a full-fledged restaurant or a tea-shop. So you can have full dinner/lunch here? Anyways, does Korea use "drive-thrus"? I would like to drive thru to get tea and dessert once in a while but this Tea Loft is too high up there. :lol:

HI Ginnie,

yeh yeh....Tea Loft is really in a very unique location within a shopping center... at first we weren't confident of finding the place as we dont have the exact address with me AND the cafe is NOT stated in the Lotte dept store's directory!!! can u believe it????????? luckily luck was on my side and i OPENED my eyes big big and searched hard for any clue along the way up from 12th level.....12th level is whole floor of restaurants and cafes.....so u can see how 'in doubts/unsure' we were.....

they are supersitious abt figure '4' that why i think it's not stated in directory at all....... :P

full dinner/lunch is available( i suppose so? hee....sorry i only remember the desserts part....hee...) they have a lot of delicacies there....u can buy take-away from Tea Loft but drive through is seldom seen in Korea ..... :rolleyes:

Guest jaimez

So sara2908 and frances, you got lovestruck by these pictures too ah. :wub:

Totally agree with you liezle. He knows we went berserk :wacko: over his muscular chest, so he tempts us some more with these low cut shirt! Hopefully we can savor on these pictures through the next drought. :rolleyes:

So there's flooding on the streets of Manila? I hope it did not cause too much damage. Seems like there's a lot of floodings in Asia lately. :unsure: Take care of yourself, liezle, frances and vignette.

Guest liezle

hey jaime! got to hit the bed now, it's 1am :D

uhmi may sound selfish but i really do hope that yong joon will not let us wait too long for his next public appearance. love love to see him all the time. seeing him once or only for a few times is not enough...i crave for more. :crazy:

yup it's been flooding for days now in some part of manila and luzon due to heavy rains. but according to the news weather, less rain will be experienced tomorrow. which means classes are up and traffic will be terrible again. argh... oh yeah lots of flooding in Asia and heat wave in Europe. hope everyone will take care.

got to go now! seeyah later *liezle waving*

Frances and Sara,

Guess I need to call back to check on the edition. They even edit DVD versions in Malaysia? Whoa...Maybe I should find a less likely to be editied-series to buy instead of Untold...Untold Scandal is probably too risky. Thanks for the input! I wouldn't want to miss ANYTHING from Untold.

About his recent photos:

I don't get it..why do people see other people when they see Yong Joon's recent photos? I only see that he looks like Yong Joon..the one and only Bae Yong Joon.

Guest vignette

jaime, I hope you are feeling better and heart is back to normal.

ginnie Malaysian version of Untold has a lot of cuts same with April Snow. Your best best will be from Yesasia or Broasia.

Guest jaimez

Frances and Sara,

Guess I need to call back to check on the edition. They even edit DVD versions in Malaysia? Whoa...Maybe I should find a less likely to be editied-series to buy instead of Untold...Untold Scandal is probably too risky. Thanks for the input! I wouldn't want to miss ANYTHING from Untold.

About his recent photos:

I don't get it..why do people see other people when they see Yong Joon's recent photos? I only see that he looks like Yong Joon..the one and only Bae Yong Joon.

Hi ginnie,

Excuse me for being nosy. I just feel that it's always safe to go with the Hong Kong version in Yesasia.com. The quality of the Hong Kong DVD is usually very good, price is reasonable and it even comes with bonus features! :) I don't think the censoring standard is as strict as other countries.

You know what else I discovered? silly me. I have bought my Untold Scandal for so many months now. Last week, I decided to watch it again because of all these discussions here. When I started reading the fine prints on the box, I noticed it said "to access deleted scenes, click UP from the "play movie" key! :unsure: I swear there's absolutely no indication anywhere on the menu that this DVD has deleted scenes. What a pleasant and surprised bonus! :P The deleted scenes even have director's commentary explaining why those are not used. But mine is not the same version as in Yesasia.

More confused now, ginnie? I can totally understand your dilemma. I felt the same way when I first started collecting my BYJ dramas. So many versions, quality, bonus features, packaging, prices, so many places to buy, so confusing! :wacko: Good luck with your search!

yes vignette, thank you! My pulse is slowly coming back, my sense has NOT though!

Guest liezle

thanks a Sweet Sister and bb :D hee, i remember i blogged about his "true religion" pants several months ago ;)

[Trans] Extreme Sexiness!

Reposted from: www.happiebb.blogspot.com,

bb: sweet sister read my mind!

i was wondering about the contents of that shukan josei cover

and here, she's translated it for us! thanks, sweet sister!

you may find it easier to view the pictures here:

http://happiebb.blogspot.com/2006/07/trans...e-sexiness.html

Original in Japanese: Shukan Josei 8-8-06

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister

BYJ, This Year’s “First” Official Visit

64043177hj9t35svshukanjosei1ll3.jpg

Casual Hairstyle + Sculpted Chest

= Extreme Sexy ♥

July 20, almost eight months since last year’s secret visit. BYJ arrived at Narita Airport at 1:30 p.m.

He was tall with a slim build and a small, well-defined face. And that unforgettable smile. This magazine’s reporter, who was about to lose consciousness, quickly regained it, bowed her head and greeted Yonsama, who also bowed back while walking! He is growing his hair for the GKFG role and his shiny hair was styled, and from the deep cut neckline you could see the well-developed chest muscles. Shrieks of surprise at his appearance came from the some 40 “family” (fans) who were there to greet him.

The main purpose of this visit is to film TV commercials. Because there are no official “family” events planned, we are looking forward to the next event.

shukanjosei8806jeansa2zd6.jpg

Photo back view caption:

Just as numerous stars are fans of this brand, he appeared wearing “True Religion” denim.

bb: have a look at the men's jeans here.

he's quite a fan, or haha, at least miss hong is...

he seems to own a few of the others too, no? nice...!

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com

http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/pl/c/211.html

Guest liezle

[Trans] Kim Tei's account

remember kim tei? she's the emcee for the April Snow Reunion event last year, and yes, she's also an IMX artiste. anyway, she was the official emcee for the press event at gosireh last sunday. and she's apparently shared her personal account of the event on her homepage. our dear sweet sister has once again done the english translation to share with us... thanks again!

please note other than the picture of miss kim with the victory sign, the rest of the pictures have been added by me for hehe, 'visual effect'.

btw i did realise that our dear flowerbossa has also translated the same piece and she's posted it on her blog. but since sweet sister has also taken the time to do this for us, i've decided to put up the duplicate posting here. so, thank you, both sisters!

Original in Japanese: Kim Tei

Translated into English: A Sweet Sister

I’ve Been to Gosireh Before Everyone Else!

Posted 7/24

Does everyone know what Gosireh is?

It is a Korean restaurant which will (probably) open next month in Shirogane in that famous place (for those people around me it’s already famous), of which BYJ is the general advisor. [bb: probably means consultant, I guess…]

Today was the opening press conference and I was given the honor of being the emcee (once again what nervousness I faced).

kim%201.1.jpg

BYJ made the visit to Japan to participate in today’s press conference! (Because of preparations for his role in the new drama, he appeared to have lost weight, but as always, he was very attractive.)

byj%202.1.jpg

Because this is the first time Gosireh is welcoming customers before its official opening, the interior is beautiful, wonderful, and elegant. The restaurant interior is luxurious in feeling like a hotel. The walls and ceiling are done in a beautiful Korean pattern and is very stylish.

After the press conference, a menu sampling event was held to show how the Korean royal court cooking and home cooking flavors are combined to make the Gosireh taste, using the best ingredients to achieve a refined taste, and all served in beautiful dinnerware! The gentle curves of the dinnerware were comforting and brought to mind all the good feelings of the past.

kim%202.0.jpg

Jung Ku Ho, Production Designer, for BYJ’s movie, “Scandal,” designed the interior for this restaurant, everything from the furniture and dinnerware to the uniforms.

kim%20tei.jpg

My outfit for today was Gosireh’s uniform.

Gosireh! A trip here and you’ll feel that time flows along deliciously. The prices are a bit expensive and your wallet may weep…But I recommend this restaurant if you want to spend some exquisite time with special

Hi ginnie,

Excuse me for being nosy. I just feel that it's always safe to go with the Hong Kong version in Yesasia.com. The quality of the Hong Kong DVD is usually very good, price is reasonable and it even comes with bonus features! :) I don't think the censoring standard is as strict as other countries.

You know what else I discovered? silly me. I have bought my Untold Scandal for so many months now. Last week, I decided to watch it again because of all these discussions here. When I started reading the fine prints on the box, I noticed it said "to access deleted scenes, click UP from the "play movie" key! :unsure: I swear there's absolutely no indication anywhere on the menu that this DVD has deleted scenes. What a pleasant and surprised bonus! :P The deleted scenes even have director's commentary explaining why those are not used. But mine is not the same version as in Yesasia.

More confused now, ginnie? I can totally understand your dilemma. I felt the same way when I first started collecting my BYJ dramas. So many versions, quality, bonus features, packaging, prices, so many places to buy, so confusing! :wacko: Good luck with your search!

Jaimez,

Not at all nosy! I appreciate you helping me out here. (and everybody else that contributed too) Hmm..perhaps I need to think again...sigh..why so many choices? I bought my WLS And April Snow in HK's HMV..so I know they are pretty good (plus it makes me laugh everytime I hear Cantonese coming out from Yong Joon's mouth..don't know why) So, I'll strongly consider this,ha! yet again....The only thing is Yesasia can be quite pricey...well..compared to other options in Msia. Then again, I don't want censored versions. oh blah....

I wish there are more Asian movies that invest in their BONUS FEATURES. I like Hollywood DVDs that include lots of behind-the-scenes clips, directory's commentary, cast's commentary, producer's commentary etc etc..haahaa..If any of Yong Joon's movies has these commentaries, I will watch them all...even the costume designer's commentary! It is fun to know what went into making the movie..from the cast and crew. Can you imagine Yong Joon commenting on his own movie? Oh....I will be so happy if one day he decides to do one. Imagine 2-3 hours of him talking, just talking about his views and experience on making a movie. Just thinking about it makes me happy. :D

Guest liezle

Kwon Ohkyeong posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.

Korean to English translation by Joanne

BYJ restaurant in Japan, phones are out of service due to reservation calls

[Yonhap News]7/26/07 13:38

Korean Current star BYJ returned home on 25 after finishing CF shooting and official event in Japan (first) in 10 months.

Nikan Sports on 26 reported that "Yon-sama, who visited Japan on 20 in about 7 months, returned home through Narita Airport after uneventfully finishing his schedule in Japan including shooting 2 pieces of CF and press conference on opening of 'Gosireh' a traditional Korean restaurant, he personally opened.

Although BYJ did not have direct contact with fans during this visit, his Japanese management company IMX posted public notice on official homepage that, "Please watch me as I put efforts to show my appearance of doing all my best in good health through work(drama) for you," and "I will start shooting drama 'Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi' from end of July to early August right after I come home."

On the other hand, this newspaper reported that "The Gosireh in Shirakane, Tokyo, began accepting reservation from morning on 25, and received about 1,000 reservations until the evening of that day, and because the calls rushed in, phenomenon of phone to be out of service for a while. The Gosireh will be open on 10 in the next month.

Reported by Suh Hyeonjoo,sutekinast@yna.co.kr

Copyright © OYonhap News

Guest jaimez

Wow liezle! the charm of Yonsama! We can never get enough of him. Everything he touched turns into major news! I wish to dine there someday! :P

O ginnie, if you want to hear Yong Joon's commentary for his movie. For April Snow, there are 3 different documentary type of DVD sets out there (if you're interested) :

1. AS Another Story documentary DVD - it was released before the movie and is about the making of AS. It's 1 hour, comes in a collectible package with a picture book too. (Available in Yesasia.com) :)

2. AS movie limited edition - the 3 hours bonus disc that comes with the movie. It's the best and longest feature of Yong Joon. My only problem is it's in Korean but Gaulsan and some nice Korean sis have translated it. I actually found out later that the Hong Kong version also included this bonus disc with Chinese subtitle and even cheaper! (Available in Yesasia.com) :D

3. AS Saitama Reunion Box set - this has the 2 hours event and the behind the scene disc as well. You get plenty of Yong Joon talking about AS. (Available in Broasia.com) :rolleyes:

All 3 are great collectibles if you love April Snow and want to see the real Yong Joon behind the movie. B)

Guest liezle

hi jaime! i guess every baesisters wish is to dine in any of his restaurants. :D i'm excited for gosireh's opening on the 10th. i'm sure baesisters eating there will make a report :) just like when gorilla opened.

ginnie, i've the first two that jaime posted. as for the 3rd one much as i would like to buy, it's too expensive for me. and besides i'm already saving money for gkfg :) and hopefully for an AS director's cut if there will be any english subs. *crossing fingers*

Guest JoyceLee

artwork originally posted at Baidu.com, 真我的风采 by 温馨的咖啡.

posted by joyce in BYJ's Quilt

122ln0.jpg

hope joyce you don't mind me sharing this here :)

Hi liezle, not a problem :) I'm not artistic at all, hence the only thing I could do is to help re-post these great wonderful artworks around :)

温馨的咖啡 is one of the two webmasters for BYJ's Forum at Baidu.com, she's real good at artwork. Here is another piece by her, made for congratulation note to BYJFriendsForever.com for their new webpage.

127.jpg

Guest frances

a lot of artworks with his latest look are all over byj sites !!

here's the lovely couple from April Snow :)

sketches made by emerald and posted in BYJ Bar in Goo

as2lw6.jpg

emuk3.jpg

Guest liezle

Hi liezle, not a problem :) I'm not artistic at all, hence the only thing I could do is to help re-post these great wonderful artworks around :)

温馨的咖啡 is one of the two webmasters for BYJ's Forum at Baidu.com, she's real good at artwork. Here is another piece by her, made for congratulation note to BYJFriendsForever.com for their new webpage.

many thanks again joyce for sharing this beautiful artwork. you know what? i really like the latest lotte duty free photos of yong joon. it's very different from the other ldf he did. this one is very colorful and i think much sexier :blush: . is it bec we can see a bit of his chest? :blush:

hello ty! i bet you've collected so many artworks from many baesisters by now. ;)

hi frances! nice pencil sketches there. :D

O ginnie, if you want to hear Yong Joon's commentary for his movie. For April Snow, there are 3 different documentary type of DVD sets out there (if you're interested) :

1. AS Another Story documentary DVD -

2. AS movie limited edition - the 3 hours bonus disc that comes with the movie. It's the best and longest feature of Yong Joon.

3. AS Saitama Reunion Box set - this has the 2 hours event and the behind the scene disc as well. You get plenty of Yong Joon talking about AS. (Available in Broasia.com) :rolleyes:

All 3 are great collectibles if you love April Snow and want to see the real Yong Joon behind the movie. B)

Hi Jaimez,

Yes I love April Snow and would like to hear him talk about April Snow..but the commentary I am referring to is the kind that has him voice-over the entire movie...I am not sure if the behind the scenes that you've mentioned are this kind? I read Gaulsan's translation---it seems to be only certain scenes were picked and it was inter-cut with interviews? It is not the conventional commentary..not a running commentary, maybe?

Anyways, I already have April Snow so probably not going to buy two-three versions..ha!

Guest liezle

not new but clearer version :D

125.jpg

131.jpg

posted by rosiebaba in www.joonsfamily.com

originally from EVELYN CHOW / BYJREALM.COM